Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 06:10:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Baxter and Croft  (Read 4956 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Baxter and Croft
« on May 23, 2013, 05:27:31 pm by Dare to dream! »
leon wobschall
According to Oldham press, Rovers boss Dickov after Baxter and Croft #drfc

would be happy with Baxter not sure about Croft

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

goalkick

• Forum Member
Re: Baxter and Croft
« Reply #1 on May 23, 2013, 05:31:44 pm by goalkick »
Anyone know anything about croft.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 23, 2013, 05:37:50 pm by Donnyrovers »
I would be very happy with Baxter but don't see why we would need Croft more important areas need strengthening first than getting another right winger in.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 23, 2013, 05:41:50 pm by jonnydog »
Anyone know anything about croft.

Aye... She's got a cracking pair on her!! ;)

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 23, 2013, 06:10:54 pm by glosterred »
I do hope that we do not keep being linked with Oldham players - Oldham didn't set the division on fire with the players they had under Dickov last season did they

COYR

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 23, 2013, 06:36:55 pm by Mr1Croft »
Lee Croft would be a great signing for us. Not sure how good he is as a football mind. I only hope we sign him because he shares my name.

There's only two Lee Crofts...

EDIT: He was a good youth player at Man City, most capped under 21 England player to not play for first team. I remember he tore us apart at Norwich a few years ago and only Sullivan being probably the best he has for us kept him from scoring, but since moving on from there never really excelled.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 06:39:14 pm by Mr1Croft »

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 23, 2013, 06:39:55 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
I know it's a massive part but it's not just the players why dickov wasn't massively successful at Oldham, he has said he had his staff taken from him. At doncaster he will have a better infrastructure, better network behind the scenes.

So when it comes to nabbing a few of there players I think we could do with one or two of them.

Baxter and croft for example are more fast thinking can see things panning out a lot quicker than other players on the team, but at donny we have the players on the same wave length which could wield better performances and results on the pitch.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 23, 2013, 06:46:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Croft. No thanks. Played against us v Man City in the penalty shoot out game. Full of himself at that time coming across as a big time Charlie.

Has not been able to live up to the initial promise and looks to have had problems with the waistline over the years.

Not fit to lace Coppinger's boots and worse than we have at the club already. Bit that's just my opinion.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 23, 2013, 06:51:16 pm by GazLaz »
Both Baxter and Croft are good players. Croft was brilliant when they beat us in the cup.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 23, 2013, 07:41:48 pm by redbrez »
I do hope that we do not keep being linked with Oldham players - Oldham didn't set the division on fire with the players they had under Dickov last season did they

COYR

On that basis should we not sign furman?
If they are good players and if they are in our price range sign them up

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 23, 2013, 08:57:32 pm by MachoMadness »
Croft isn't anywhere near as good as any of the wingers in the squad right now so think this is probably just a case of people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 23, 2013, 09:52:13 pm by mushRTID »
Is croft the fat racist from Bramall lane last year?

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 23, 2013, 09:56:59 pm by 1879Rovers »
Croft was the clubs player of the year last season.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 23, 2013, 10:02:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
On Baxter. This sounds and looks like a pub team havin a laugh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CAZ5chjvtM

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 23, 2013, 10:22:57 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Croft has been shite for years now, no thanks.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 23, 2013, 10:37:55 pm by PaulRover08 »

Looks good when i've seen him which I imagine is the same amount of times as you given that we watch Rovers not Oldham, Norwich or Derby.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 23, 2013, 10:54:46 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Looks good when i've seen him which I imagine is the same amount of times as you given that we watch Rovers not Oldham, Norwich or Derby.

I'm going on comments given by fans of clubs he's been at previously and those of other clubs he's played against not just when he's played against us.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 24, 2013, 01:31:08 am by bpoolrover »
baxter is a yes from me,croft is a no even thou would prefer him to copps,id like to.see bennett given ago in a attacking line up before we get any other right midfielders

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 24, 2013, 01:45:19 am by RoversAlias »
Is croft the fat racist from Bramall lane last year?

That's him but he was never found guilty of racism and the ballboy the incident was with acted ridiculously in that whole thing.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 24, 2013, 07:13:19 am by Red wizard »
Baxter could make us a very good profit if he does well here. I don't see where Croft fit in with the players at the club.

bradford exile

• Forum Member

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 25, 2013, 07:32:38 am by godlike1 »
Sounds like our club thing to do things on the cheap again. Please wake me when things start to get exciting and the club starts to show a desire to stay in the the championship because in my eyes they have not done that so far with the appointment of Dickov and as usual made a mockery of the appointment process

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 25, 2013, 07:41:19 am by mrfrostsdad »
bpool.
What have you seen in Bennett that you would like to see him given a go?
He's had a go in both the Championship and League one and was not good enough for either, in my opinion.
Coppinger is, he's done it before and I reckon we will get at least one more good season out of him.
At least Bennett will get a regular start this season - in the reserves!
And i really hope he proves me wrong!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 25, 2013, 08:25:23 am by wilts rover »
Sounds like our club thing to do things on the cheap again. Please wake me when things start to get exciting and the club starts to show a desire to stay in the the championship because in my eyes they have not done that so far with the appointment of Dickov and as usual made a mockery of the appointment process

Any chance of you putting a figure on that gl? How much should we be spending, £1m, £5m, £10m, £50m? And how much should we be paying the players/managers? Just so I can work out where the money will come from like?

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 25, 2013, 09:01:30 am by Donnyrovers »
bpool.
What have you seen in Bennett that you would like to see him given a go?
He's had a go in both the Championship and League one and was not good enough for either, in my opinion.
Coppinger is, he's done it before and I reckon we will get at least one more good season out of him.
At least Bennett will get a regular start this season - in the reserves!
And i really hope he proves me wrong!

Bennett did under perform last year but the championship season is harsh to judge him on because 21yr old jumping up from league 2 to championship is tough enough. But with the experiment and the team spirit as poor as it was that would be difficult for any young player to play under especially in a new team. But even then I thought he showed glimpses that he would go down to league one and rip it a new one but he didn't perform. But I would give him more of a chance this year to prove himself because I could see it as been a make or break season for him at us.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 25, 2013, 10:07:24 am by raggytash »
Considering dickov as been appointed on the basis of a large contact base its obvious the board are unwilling to spend any of the 6 million minimum we are to received. Everything will be on the cheap guaranteed
I hope I'm wrong but from the appointment of dickov and the reasons behind it I doubt we will see barely a penny spent

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 25, 2013, 10:17:45 am by Filo »
Considering dickov as been appointed on the basis of a large contact base its obvious the board are unwilling to spend any of the 6 million minimum we are to received. Everything will be on the cheap guaranteed
I hope I'm wrong but from the appointment of dickov and the reasons behind it I doubt we will see barely a penny spent

Of course were doing things "on the cheap", we have no option, we have n`t got the income to go throwing money around like confetti. Spending millions does n`t mean you`ll be a success ask Portsmouth or Wolves, some folk seem happy to spend other peoples money but then start crying when there`s an increase in match day prices, you can`t have it both ways I`m afraid!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 25, 2013, 11:01:08 am by graingrover »
When did we last have a midfielder who scored 15 goals in a season ? Macca?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 25, 2013, 11:01:15 am by wilts rover »

Many Bristol City fans are blaming their relegation on them 'doing things 'on the cheap' last season - when they reduced their wage bill by £4 million, from £18.6 million down to £14m.

Where's this £6 million coming from - all the tickets we haven't sold yet?

We are the smallest team in this league - get used to it.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 25, 2013, 11:10:21 am by Sprotyrover »
Don't count yer Chickens till they're hatched

TinyPortal © 2005-2012