Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:57:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Elliot Ward  (Read 17005 times)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
Re: Elliot Ward
« Reply #30 on June 18, 2013, 09:45:13 pm by Lipsy »
That's the feeling from those around me dahn 'ere. They sold 4K season tickets in 3 week... I suppose that's what you get for not being in the second tier of football for 23 years, and the fact that there's not exactly a great deal of competition by way of other clubs vying for football fan's attention.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 18, 2013, 10:18:56 pm by mrfrostsdad »
May not have wanted him? Really? Why?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 18, 2013, 10:23:30 pm by Dagenham Rover »
May not have wanted him? Really? Why?

just because some fans wanted him doesn't mean Paul Dickov  wanted him  just a thought being as he's the manager   ;)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 18, 2013, 10:37:07 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I think a lot of fans would have liked him here as he is about twice as good as anything else we have in that position.
In my opinion obviously

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 18, 2013, 10:39:26 pm by Akinfenwa »
We can't really compete with Bournemouth financially. Not while they're backed by that Russian bloke anyway.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 18, 2013, 10:45:08 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I think a lot of fans would have liked him here as he is about twice as good as anything else we have in that position.
In my opinion obviously

I'm not disputing it, but at the end PD is the manager and not us and if he doesn't want we ain't going to get, although there has been the odd exception to that rule .................

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 18, 2013, 10:49:54 pm by RedJ »
We can't really compete with Bournemouth financially. Not while they're backed by that Russian bloke anyway.

Even less so if they had two. Oh.

Shit or bust for Bournemouth at some point though, how long til they get bored and bugger off?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 18, 2013, 11:07:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We've been there. Let them enjoy their moment in the sun. It's great for first timers in modern history, Yeovil too. Very best of luck to them.

It's good to see players like Ward giving Bournemouth a go. No reason why we can't go there again although we won't be letting finances run away with us.

Just be great to get our first signing under our belt. So far on what we know P Diddy, time in office 4 weeks, actions 0. Unless of course, someone can tell us any different?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 19, 2013, 10:36:22 am by mrfrostsdad »
Yes, it would be nice to hear something DonnyBaz.
Its all gone quiet.
We keep hearing about 'how excited we are going to be' with the 'quality signings' we are going to make.
I hope so, because it's going to be a long cold winter if we don't :-)

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 20, 2013, 09:55:04 am by Donnyrovers »
I think Bournemouth will do okay next year I don't fancy them to be in a relegation battle think they will consolidate because they have the money to spend so can see why he's gone there.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 20, 2013, 10:01:37 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think Bournemouth will do okay next year I don't fancy them to be in a relegation battle think they will consolidate because they have the money to spend so can see why he's gone there.

Eddie Howe's record at Burnley wasn't quite as spectacular, I think they'll find it much tougher than they expect.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 20, 2013, 11:02:02 am by steve@dcfd »
Their attack is good and midfield now they improved their defence with a recognised championship defender, they will be at least a mid table side if not better.
Lets hope quality players are not to much for our owners. Lets hope we can sign some if not all of our out of contract players first of course, time ticking and still waiting.

MartinB

« Reply #43 on June 20, 2013, 11:30:35 am by MartinB »
 I just want us to not overspend...if we go down so what...give me jones and mccombe at cb any day...what they lack in technique they make up for in bravery and effort. We will be ok this year.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 20, 2013, 11:49:57 am by boro_rover »
No offence Martin, but I think that's a little naive. Bravery and effort will only get you so far, but I think a boost of quality is required for us to have any chance of survival.
I think we genuinely need to sign at least 4 quality "key" players to give us an edge this season. What we already have is leadership and the ability to battle. Plenty of players proved their worth last season, especially showing the spirit to keep fighting to the death, which is what took us up last year.
However we were not particularly prolific in front of goal, which is something that needs addressing. I think a championship quality striker, playmaker, centre half and keeper, with a few up and comers to fill the squad out an we will be ok.
It's just irritating that as a club we always seem to be slow off the mark picking up free agents and those younger promising lower league players, that could be special talents.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 20, 2013, 12:04:24 pm by steve@dcfd »
I just want us to not overspend...if we go down so what...give me jones and mccombe at cb any day...what they lack in technique they make up for in bravery and effort. We will be ok this year.

Martin the owners have been in the championship five years, they know what is require to stay in the division and also what they need to spend. I don't class any of the three naive when dealing with business. We will have to spend more even to standstill in terms of the team. To improve and get us going forward this year we will need at least four or five quality players to add to the players we had last season. But we do not have any of the out of contract players, we have not been informed if we have, so they must be signed first. Otherwise naming of the Bars, improving the pitch etc will have be in vein, supporters will not come.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 02:25:51 pm by steve@dcfd »

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 20, 2013, 07:44:21 pm by mrfrostsdad »
It's interesting you mention fans will not come. Does anyone have any idea how many season tickets we've sold? I've looked on the official site, the Keepmoat site and everywhere else I can think of, and nothing. I know they don't have to tell us, maybe they think it's none of our business, which I think is a little short sighted, but the silence really is deafening.
Of course there are people who come on here who purport to know all sorts of things when in actual fact they know no more than anyone else.

It would also be interesting to learn what people think about how much the crowds will rise next season. Maybe I should start a thread on that? :-)

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 20, 2013, 08:28:39 pm by Donnyrovers »

Just bravery and effort will not keep us up in the championship we need more quality.

MartinB

« Reply #48 on June 20, 2013, 09:28:13 pm by MartinB »
 Guy and heffernan were good enough...fortune, piquio & diouff were not. Remember the acronym for team...together everyone achieves more.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 20, 2013, 11:05:27 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Not necessarily in this case.
The step up from League 1 to the Championship is huge. I suspect several of our players will fail to make that huge step.
We need quality signings, proven at this level, and ASAP

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 21, 2013, 11:09:01 am by DonnyRTID »
It's interesting you mention fans will not come. Does anyone have any idea how many season tickets we've sold? I've looked on the official site, the Keepmoat site and everywhere else I can think of, and nothing. I know they don't have to tell us, maybe they think it's none of our business, which I think is a little short sighted, but the silence really is deafening.
Of course there are people who come on here who purport to know all sorts of things when in actual fact they know no more than anyone else.

It would also be interesting to learn what people think about how much the crowds will rise next season. Maybe I should start a thread on that? :-)

3500 was the figure quoted by GB at the meet the manager night.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 21, 2013, 12:32:39 pm by mrfrostsdad »
It's to be hoped it's lot more than that at the start of the season!
That's really poor

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 21, 2013, 12:53:41 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's to be hoped it's lot more than that at the start of the season!
That's really poor

Not at all, that was up to the end of May and much higher than the same period for last season in actual fact.  They also said that the on top multi game tickets, corporate tickets etc were also much higher than last season.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 21, 2013, 01:11:02 pm by MrFrost »
The target is only 4500 season tickets.

As it stands - Yeovil have sold more than us

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on June 21, 2013, 01:28:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Being the only league side in Somerset in their highest position ever, it's hardly surprising.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 21, 2013, 03:36:35 pm by MrFrost »

Being the only league side in Somerset in their highest position ever, it's hardly surprising.

Not really. We should be able to sell more season tickets than Yeovil.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 21, 2013, 04:37:10 pm by colincramb »
Who's to say we won't sell more? There's people buying all the time, me and a mate have just bought today. I expect quite a few sales in July now the fixtures have been announced.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 24, 2013, 06:40:48 pm by RedJ »
Guy and heffernan were good enough...fortune, piquio & diouff were not. Remember the acronym for team...together everyone achieves more.

Fortune was easily, him and Billy were class in the few games they had together. Diouf more than arguably too but more as an individual than anything.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 24, 2013, 07:35:19 pm by wilts rover »

Not really. We should be able to sell more season tickets than Yeovil.

Bit of an arrogant statement, why do think that is then? There's half a million people live in Somerset, plus the military at Yeovilton.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on June 24, 2013, 07:58:42 pm by weststander »
More a matter of ignorance perhap

TinyPortal © 2005-2012