Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:41:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Croft  (Read 18026 times)

racecourse red

• Forum Member
Croft
« on June 02, 2013, 12:12:01 pm by racecourse red »
Lee Croft, who recently made the move to join ex-Latics' manager Paul Dickov at newly promoted Doncaster Rovers, has sent a message to the Latics' fans explaining the mix-up with his contract. Croft explained that the affair has left a sour taste with the way it was put over at Boundary Park.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
Re: Croft
« Reply #1 on June 02, 2013, 12:16:10 pm by Milepostuk »
Just seen this myself. I have not seen any announcements anywhere though!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 02, 2013, 12:53:47 pm by Wild Rover »
Its a Pre- contract agreement, wont be announced until his current employer is no longer paying him i guess.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 02, 2013, 12:56:52 pm by RedArmy »
Lee Croft?!

If this is the calibre of player we really are signing then wow. Fat bas**rd.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 02, 2013, 01:06:56 pm by GazLaz »
If we do sign him that will be 2 right wingers we will have who will want to play every week.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 02, 2013, 01:11:45 pm by Rios »
So we've got Cotterill, Coppinger, Bennett and Croft who are all natural right winger.  We've let Woods go who was our only natural left sided midfielder and with Spurr likely to leave it'll mean Husband will be employed at left back rather than left midfield.  As a team we currently look less balanced than a fat lass on a tightrope eating the contents of a greggs shop with only her right hand!

MartinB

« Reply #6 on June 02, 2013, 01:16:17 pm by MartinB »
We have awesome right wingers already 3 that are good enough for the championship easily...Lee Croft is a fatter and slower version of Andy Reid!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 02, 2013, 01:22:53 pm by Wild Rover »
who is to say he will be employed as a winger. John Oster was a winger, how was he deployed ?.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 02, 2013, 01:46:35 pm by RoversAlias »
Where is the snippet in the OP actually from?

Croft apparently won Oldham's Fan's Player of the Year award this season. And he's a lot younger than I thought he was.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 02, 2013, 01:54:16 pm by roversam »
I saw croft 3 times against rovers last season and he played well every game, some of you on here ought to get a grip and give the lad a chance if we have got him, and not slag him off calling him a fat bas**rd etc.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 02, 2013, 02:01:30 pm by dknward2 »
He has lost weight according to some of their fans so even if he is on the chunky side who cares he can lose it  or use it

MartinB

« Reply #12 on June 02, 2013, 02:08:52 pm by MartinB »
Will give him a chance for sure, but surely this a surprise move? Maybe an indication that we are looking to play the ball on the ground a lot more under Paul Dickov.

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 02, 2013, 02:14:47 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »
If this is the caliber of player we are attempting to sign then I am sorry but Dickov will slowly run the gains this club has made into the ground. What has happened to Dickov's and Flynn's infamously long lists? Have they gone missing? Has the pen gone missing as well?

#clubincrisis

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 02, 2013, 02:17:11 pm by GazLaz »
Bennett and Copps are more versatile than Cotts and Croft. They could be deployed elsewhere.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 02, 2013, 02:40:38 pm by Red wizard »
Whats to say Bennett will be staying? Plus we will need two wingers imo. Croft looked a good player when we played Oldham and i'm willing to bet anyone he will hold onto the ball longer than Bennett has ever done. Good signing imo.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 02, 2013, 03:00:30 pm by swintonrover »
For everyone saying we have too many right midfielders, Real play Ronaldo on the left and Di Maria on the right allowing the to cut in rather than cross. Could it not be possible to put someone on the left and allow them to cut in?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 02, 2013, 03:06:00 pm by Wellred »
If this is the caliber of player we are attempting to sign then I am sorry but Dickov will slowly run the gains this club has made into the ground. What has happened to Dickov's and Flynn's infamously long lists? Have they gone missing? Has the pen gone missing as well?

#clubincrisis

Firstly I am quite surprised a man of your supposed intelligence manages to spell CALIBRE wrongly.

Secondly how is PD running the gains the club has made into the ground?

We haven't signed anyone yet!!! Most players are still under contract and getting paid by their clubs.

Once we get to the start of the season you can start moaning IF we haven't signed anyone to your satisfaction. Until then why not try and be a sensible supporter?

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 02, 2013, 03:25:16 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »

#clubincrisis

Firstly I am quite surprised a man of your supposed intelligence manages to spell CALIBRE wrongly.

We haven't signed anyone yet!!! Most players are still under contract and getting paid by their clubs.

Once we get to the start of the season you can start moaning IF we haven't signed anyone to your satisfaction. Until then why not try and be a sensible supporter?

I don't claim to have intelligence. I claim to have knowledge gained through experience. And that's what makes me a frightening proposition in a debate.

Do you still remember our last championship season? Do you honestly think signing overweight 4th rate players from a club which has been flirting with relegation (in a poor league) is the right approach we should be taking. If you do, you are a true deluded whomper.

Dickov has no experience of managing a club with the expectations like ours. He's simply out of depth and already stringing half-truths the public ("I'll be working tonight" - well, where's the evidence Paul?)

I am going to set my stall out now. I am truly frightened for our prospects next season with a man who is clearly in it above his head, station and personal ability.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 02, 2013, 03:37:12 pm by IDM »

Dickov has no experience of managing a club with the expectations like ours. He's simply out of depth and already stringing half-truths the public ("I'll be working tonight" - well, where's the evidence Paul?)

RoT..

Statements like this really make my blood boil.

How the f*** do you know what Dickov has or hasn't been doing, or the board, or Flynn, just because nothing has been announced?  I know you know very well that they will be working hard behind the scenes, so why be so negative, 2 months before Dickov's Rovers team kicks a ball in anger?

If that's your idea of support, go follow Sheff Utd or someone like that, or at least give our new manager a chance, and judge him by results 10/15/20 games into the new season.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 02, 2013, 03:40:58 pm by Wild Rover »

#clubincrisis

I don't claim to have intelligence. I claim to have knowledge gained through experience. And that's what makes me a frightening proposition in a debate.

Do you still remember our last championship season? Do you honestly think signing overweight 4th rate players from a club which has been flirting with relegation (in a poor league) is the right approach we should be taking. If you do, you are a true deluded whomper.

I am going to set my stall out now. I am truly frightened for our prospects next season with a man who is clearly in it above his head, station and personal ability.

#eejit#........#young eejit# .........#lonely young eejit#

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 02, 2013, 03:41:45 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »
Pre-season is the single most important period for any club (especially a small championship club like ours). If we don't get the right players in now we basically mess up the whole season. Judging Dickov on results will then be pointless.

4th rate players from Oldham?

Nope.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 02, 2013, 03:43:59 pm by IDM »
b*llocks.  You get no points pre-season.

Who's to say that players who may not have set the world alight at other clubs (or managers) may not gel or click into place here and form an effective team?

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 02, 2013, 03:45:08 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »

Well now you've decided to get personal I expect the mods to come down on you like a tonne of bricks. You are in big trouble my friend.

I should actually be rewarded for being brave enough to have an opinion.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 02, 2013, 03:48:14 pm by Drover »
Pre-season is the single most important period for any club (especially a small championship club like ours). If we don't get the right players in now we basically mess up the whole season. Judging Dickov on results will then be pointless.

4th rate players from Oldham?
Nope.

Player of the season = 4th rate player from Oldham? Hmmmmmmm? :facepalm:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 02, 2013, 03:49:35 pm by IDM »
Are you Brian the Blade in disguise RoT?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 02, 2013, 03:59:19 pm by Wild Rover »

Well now you've decided to get personal I expect the mods to come down on you like a tonne of bricks. You are in big trouble my friend.

I should actually be rewarded for being brave enough to have an opinion.

No more personal than you heve been ref PD and LC and Club. If the Mods choose to chase me so be it. And i am not your friend, nor aquaintence. Just expressing an opinion of you, in the same way as you do DRFC , PD, LC.

bluewiggy123

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 02, 2013, 04:29:23 pm by bluewiggy123 »
feel no one is giving dickov a chance. we still have flynn and jones to offer "advice". lets not forget at oldham he had his backroom staff put on gardening leave and was given no money. on boxing day they were no push overs and did well in the cup.  Croft has represented England at international level, he is England's most-capped youth International, with 40 up to Under-20 level having been capped at Under-16, Under-17, Under-18, Under-19's and Under-20 level by England. Including captaining England under-18s. he also won the Fans Player of the Season award and played in 53 out of Oldham's 54 games in all competitions. cant be that bad. :rtid:

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 02, 2013, 04:35:23 pm by DonnyRTID »
He was quality when he played for Norwich and a fans favourite too.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 02, 2013, 04:35:49 pm by Mr1Croft »
Well I don't know about anyone else but if we shouldn't be signing players from a team flirting with relegation then I suppose no-one wants Furman back?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012