Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:41:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Croft  (Read 18025 times)

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
Re: Croft
« Reply #30 on June 02, 2013, 04:39:38 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »
From the "Arsenal of the North" to the "Oldham of Yorkshire" in the space of a few years.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 02, 2013, 04:56:17 pm by Wellred »
From the "Arsenal of the North" to the "Oldham of Yorkshire" in the space of a few years.

Two players on our books last season........Garry Woods and Mark Wilson were both at a certain Lancashire club.

Did that make us th Manchester United of Yorkshire?

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 02, 2013, 04:59:25 pm by timdrfc »
So we've got Cotterill, Coppinger, Bennett and Croft who are all natural right winger.  We've let Woods go who was our only natural left sided midfielder and with Spurr likely to leave it'll mean Husband will be employed at left back rather than left midfield.  As a team we currently look less balanced than a fat lass on a tightrope eating the contents of a greggs shop with only her right hand!
How can we miss the invisible man

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 02, 2013, 05:01:35 pm by Red wizard »
feel no one is giving dickov a chance. we still have flynn and jones to offer "advice". lets not forget at oldham he had his backroom staff put on gardening leave and was given no money. on boxing day they were no push overs and did well in the cup.  Croft has represented England at international level, he is England's most-capped youth International, with 40 up to Under-20 level having been capped at Under-16, Under-17, Under-18, Under-19's and Under-20 level by England. Including captaining England under-18s. he also won the Fans Player of the Season award and played in 53 out of Oldham's 54 games in all competitions. cant be that bad. :rtid:
He's not a bad player. He' a very clever player who fits into the way Dickov plays. Oldham played some of the best football i saw last year and i'm sure given time he will get us playing some good stuff to. Give the guy a chance.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 02, 2013, 05:02:59 pm by wilts rover »

Two players on our books last season........Garry Woods and Mark Wilson were both at a certain Lancashire club.

Did that make us th Manchester United of Yorkshire?

well we did win the league............... (with a squad full of 4th rate players who weren't good enough at their previous clubs and would be fighting relegation if I remember the last pre-season predictions)

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 02, 2013, 05:22:26 pm by MiKA »
I saw croft 3 times against rovers last season and he played well every game, some of you on here ought to get a grip and give the lad a chance if we have got him, and not slag him off calling him a fat b*****d etc.

Yes Billy Sharp was a fat Bast**d and look how well he turned out to be     :lol:

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 02, 2013, 05:29:04 pm by Sprotyrover »
I can't see what all the fuss is about,Dickov has managed him at Oldham if he thinks he is good enough to play for us in the Championship that's OK by me.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 02, 2013, 05:33:50 pm by dickos1 »
In all my time reading this forum the nonsense coming from rovers on Thames tops the lot.
Obviously has no idea

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 02, 2013, 05:38:25 pm by hoolahoop »
If this is the caliber of player we are attempting to sign then I am sorry but Dickov will slowly run the gains this club has made into the ground. What has happened to Dickov's and Flynn's infamously long lists? Have they gone missing? Has the pen gone missing as well?

#clubincrisis

Firstly I am quite surprised a man of your supposed intelligence manages to spell CALIBRE wrongly.

Secondly how is PD running the gains the club has made into the ground?

We haven't signed anyone yet!!! Most players are still under contract and getting paid by their clubs.

Once we get to the start of the season you can start moaning IF we haven't signed anyone to your satisfaction. Until then why not try and be a sensible supporter?

I don't claim to have intelligence. I claim to have knowledge gained through experience. And that's what makes me a frightening proposition in a debate.

Do you still remember our last championship season? Do you honestly think signing overweight 4th rate players from a club which has been flirting with relegation (in a poor league) is the right approach we should be taking. If you do, you are a true deluded whomper.

Dickov has no experience of managing a club with the expectations like ours. He's simply out of depth and already stringing half-truths the public ("I'll be working tonight" - well, where's the evidence Paul?)

I am going to set my stall out now. I am truly frightened for our prospects next season with a man who is clearly in it above his head, station and personal ability.

Yep of course you are , since when did the word ''and'' start a sentence ?  :facepalm:

Chrisd_123

« Reply #39 on June 02, 2013, 05:46:52 pm by Chrisd_123 »
As far as I remember from playing against Lee Croft, whether it was Oldham or whoever (i'm sure he played against us for Derby) he has one hell of a delivery. I'm sure he set up two in the game they knocked us out of the FA cup and also played well on TV vs Liverpool and Everton.

If he's fat and overweight, so in other words, unfit, how did he manage to play 45+ games last season?

If you don't rate him as a player then by all means put your views across, it's a forum after all, but don't start spouting rubbish about things that are clearly untrue or things you can't backup with anything other than "he's fat and 4th rate"

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 02, 2013, 05:54:34 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »
You know you've won the debate when people start reverting to insults and pointing out grammatical mistakes (even though they are not).

You think 'and' can't start a sentence. Ha ha. Whomper.

I could school you on the evolution of english grammar but I won't because I am the bigger man. But I will say this. I am someone who has written two novels in his lifetime and written for multiple national newspapers on critical issues. Although my books didn't do well commercially (due mainly to poor marketing and me not wanting to sell out my principles), at literary festivals up and down the country they got a staggering response. At one said event, Bill Oddie and James May from Top Gear were promoting their autobiographies and had read my 2nd book and described it as (and these are their words not mine) "A thinking mans harry potter". Sadly, I don't write as much as I used to due to the accident in the Manx TT race last year, but one thing that cannot be doubted is my literary talent and grasp of the english language.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 02, 2013, 06:03:07 pm by Wellred »
You know you've won the debate when people start reverting to insults and pointing out grammatical mistakes (even though they are not).

I could school you on the evolution of english grammar but I won't because I am the bigger man. But I will say this. I am someone who has written two novels in his lifetime and written for multiple national newspapers on critical issues. Although my books didn't do well commercially (due mainly to poor marketing and me not wanting to sell out my principles), at literary festivals up and down the country they got a staggering response. At one said event, Bill Oddie and James May from Top Gear were promoting their autobiographies and had read my 2nd book and described it as (and these are their words not mine) "A thinking mans harry potter". Sadly, I don't write as much as I used to due to the accident in the Manx TT race last year, but one thing that cannot be doubted is my literary talent and grasp of the english language.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Stantheredandwhiteman

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 02, 2013, 06:07:18 pm by Stantheredandwhiteman »
If this is the caliber of player we are attempting to sign then I am sorry but Dickov will slowly run the gains this club has made into the ground. What has happened to Dickov's and Flynn's infamously long lists? Have they gone missing? Has the pen gone missing as well?

#clubincrisis

Firstly I am quite surprised a man of your supposed intelligence manages to spell CALIBRE wrongly.

Secondly how is PD running the gains the club has made into the ground?

We haven't signed anyone yet!!! Most players are still under contract and getting paid by their clubs.

Once we get to the start of the season you can start moaning IF we haven't signed anyone to your satisfaction. Until then why not try and be a sensible supporter?

I don't claim to have intelligence. I claim to have knowledge gained through experience. And that's what makes me a frightening proposition in a debate.

Do you still remember our last championship season? Do you honestly think signing overweight 4th rate players from a club which has been flirting with relegation (in a poor league) is the right approach we should be taking. If you do, you are a true deluded whomper.

Dickov has no experience of managing a club with the expectations like ours. He's simply out of depth and already stringing half-truths the public ("I'll be working tonight" - well, where's the evidence Paul?)

I am going to set my stall out now. I am truly frightened for our prospects next season with a man who is clearly in it above his head, station and personal ability.

Woah didn't realise you were the debate king. What muggish behaviour. Hope Croft turns out to be class. 'Rovers on Thames'. Crikey.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 02, 2013, 06:10:56 pm by philsky »
Its truly fab being a Rovers fan.

In 30 years its not changed, so many diverse and often pickled views !

I reckon Croft has the mental toughness we'll need next season, he aint going to back off.

We'll be in the trenches from the off, substance ahead of style to begin with.

Furman, Croft, Copps, Cotts, Syers, Jones, Brown are going to be a decent spine for me.

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 02, 2013, 06:28:39 pm by ArmthorpeRover »

You are Madmick and I claim my £5.........

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 02, 2013, 06:40:45 pm by drfcbenny625 »
Line up lads. Get your autograph from the J.K Rowling of the North.

bluewiggy123

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm by bluewiggy123 »
bit new to being a rovers fan but me and the wife have got our season ticket for next year in polypipe south. have to say we believe in jr and if he thinx pd is the best man for the job then its good enough for us. if pd has signed croft , i hope he brings jose baxter and matty smith as well.
 :rtid:

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 02, 2013, 06:59:21 pm by MachoMadness »
Am I missing something here? Have we signed Croft or something?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 02, 2013, 07:52:19 pm by wilts rover »
If you start at the top of the thread MM and make your way down - then you will gather that non of us other than Einstein on Thames has a clue - and his clue is a work of imaginative fiction (bordering on the genius - cNew York Times Review)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 02, 2013, 08:55:49 pm by RobTheRover »

Genius.  Just genius.

All this and still you find time to learn/teach Swahili on youtube.  Your time management skills are exemplary, RoT

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 02, 2013, 09:01:28 pm by Wild Rover »

Its David Donaldson.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 02, 2013, 09:32:35 pm by Red wizard »

What are the books called you have written? I could do with a good book to read.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 02, 2013, 09:44:30 pm by Nudga »

Genius.  Just genius.

All this and still you find time to learn/teach Swahili on youtube.  Your time management skills are exemplary, RoT

And don't forget shaving Ben Fogle's ball sack.

TommyC

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 02, 2013, 09:47:41 pm by TommyC »

Rovers on Thames is the biggest wind up merchant I have ever read on here. His posts are stuffed full of irony and I can't believe some people take him seriously!! I bet hes pissing himself. It makes for very entertaining reading though! He's blatantly trying to be our very own Brian the Blade and having a right old laugh.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 02, 2013, 09:48:19 pm by River Don »

Genius.  Just genius.

And the career in fashion, creating clothes for princess Anne.

While still finding time to captain a container ship.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 02, 2013, 09:53:40 pm by boro_rover »
I was speaking to my boss about lee croft when his name cropped up on a few rumours. He is a season ticket holder at Derby, and he said Croft was a decent player and is a solid championship player. He was a promising player at one time with Manchester city, and I would expect him to be a decent acquisition.
Bennett isn't nailed on to resign (personally I don't mind if he does go) and Copps has the versatility and experience to play lw, rw or a central role.
I'm sure Dickov knows what he is doing if he has signed croft, and as someone else on here mentioned he was oldhams player of the year. Croft will have a point to prove and obviously fits PD's system well.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 02, 2013, 09:56:56 pm by BobG »
Well I love RoT. He might well be making it all up as he goes along, but boy he does with style and humour. And I suspect he doesn't take himself very seriously too - which is something we could all learn from.

Cheers

BobG

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 02, 2013, 09:57:56 pm by RedJ »
He's better than Mick at least.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 02, 2013, 10:07:53 pm by drfc1951 »
Its Donnyroversfcs dad.

TommyC

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 02, 2013, 10:08:42 pm by TommyC »
Well I love RoT. He might well be making it all up as he goes along, but boy he does with style and humour. And I suspect he doesn't take himself very seriously too - which is something we could all learn from.

Cheers

BobG

I'll second that!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012