Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:44:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jordan Ball  (Read 13989 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Jordan Ball
« Reply #60 on June 06, 2013, 07:51:57 am by Filo »
Oh im sorry have i dared offer an opinion that you bunch of inbreds cant contemplate? Or your all too thick to think of something other than what the club tell you. I don't like willie as you may have noticed. Despite the money he does put into the youth he has a far bigger way in things that go on than he should have and they are purely for his on self interest and not that of the club.

His influence adds to the reasons why ball was not give a chance or kept on despite having done so much in our youth set up for so many years.

If none of you like hearing someone view a different opinion to those in your tiny little brains I suggest you go and stick your heads in a bucket of sand for the rest of your lives.

Lose the debate and resort to insults!

I`ll not bother with a PM, I`ll just say it here, your future posts will be monitored for further insults, consider yourself on a warning!

R u telling me I'm not allowed to voice my opinion on an open forum then? What about all of the people on his thread whos comments have been just as insulting to me as you may have found mine as a way of defending myself? just because i am in the minority does not give you the right to stop me from voicing my opinion on a subject or to tell me that you are monitoring my posts

P.s why should I tell you my source? If it was a subject about a potential new rovers signing you would respect my need to not reveal this and as such you should also respect he fact that I am not prepared to name the person who I trust wholeheartedly over the information provided.

One day when John Ryan has had enough he will offer his shares to Willie Mckay

Sorry, I`m not on the same intellectual plain as you, I`m a bit thick, as you`ve already pointed out in this thread, along with all the other posters that you`ve labelled "thick", I think it`s something to do with our genetics, you know, being inbred and all that. So can you please explain in simple terms for us inbred thicko`s exactly where I`ve stopped you from expressing your freedom of speech?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 06, 2013, 07:56:07 am by The Beast »
How people can turn this into an anti-McKay argument is beyond me. Some people on this forum are totally irrational. Who's going to be the scapegoat this season if the team struggles cos lets face it the Championship really is a league that the likes of Doncaster should be winning at a canter! 
       Why do people think that every youth player is going to be a world beater, if he was good enough we'd have kept him and who knows the full story of how he was released,  could be a case of sour grapes. Looks like a case of sensationalism by the FP trying to make a story out of nothing.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on June 06, 2013, 07:58:54 am by IDM »
Oh im sorry have i dared offer an opinion that you bunch of inbreds cant contemplate? Or your all too thick to think of something other than what the club tell you. I don't like willie as you may have noticed. Despite the money he does put into the youth he has a far bigger way in things that go on than he should have and they are purely for his on self interest and not that of the club.

His influence adds to the reasons why ball was not give a chance or kept on despite having done so much in our youth set up for so many years.

If none of you like hearing someone view a different opinion to those in your tiny little brains I suggest you go and stick your heads in a bucket of sand for the rest of your lives.

Lose the debate and resort to insults!

I`ll not bother with a PM, I`ll just say it here, your future posts will be monitored for further insults, consider yourself on a warning!

R u telling me I'm not allowed to voice my opinion on an open forum then? What about all of the people on his thread whos comments have been just as insulting to me as you may have found mine as a way of defending myself? just because i am in the minority does not give you the right to stop me from voicing my opinion on a subject or to tell me that you are monitoring my posts

P.s why should I tell you my source? If it was a subject about a potential new rovers signing you would respect my need to not reveal this and as such you should also respect he fact that I am not prepared to name the person who I trust wholeheartedly over the information provided.

One day when John Ryan has had enough he will offer his shares to Willie Mckay

"Bunch of inbreds"
"Tiny little brains"

Perhaps you should consider that it's not what you're saying, hut how you're choosing to express yourself that is the problem.

A little respect can go a long way.

This.

expressing a different opinion is OK, insults because others disagree is childish.

And I was challenging you to divulge the facts behind your statement on JB - who is what the thread is about after all.  If you don't want to go totally public use the Rumour Mill board.

As one of my bosses once said to me when I was explaining a problem at work - "show me, prove it".

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on June 06, 2013, 08:42:30 am by Wade Falana »
PaulGoodwin having another go in today's Free Press.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on June 06, 2013, 10:39:49 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Just doing his job at the end of the day....

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 06, 2013, 12:48:00 pm by godlike1 »
I'm just waiting for filo to threaten him with expulsion from donny free press for daring to write something be or others may not agree with

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on June 06, 2013, 12:50:59 pm by DRNaith »
I'm just waiting for filo to threaten him with expulsion from donny free press for daring to write something be or others may not agree with

Have you ever considered a career in journalism?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on June 06, 2013, 01:17:45 pm by IDM »

Filo was talking about censure on here for you calling folks inbred etc, not for you having a different opinion.  Why is that so difficult to grasp?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on June 06, 2013, 01:36:12 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Can we get back on topic please chaps, not much of this is relevant to Jordan Ball?

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on June 06, 2013, 02:10:50 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Jordan Ball is great. Bring back Jordan Ball.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 06, 2013, 04:27:45 pm by RedJ »

An opinion - i.e. not fact. And since there's no facts to back up this opinion, I think my 12 fingers can quite quickly and safely say that your opinion is wrong.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on June 06, 2013, 06:13:25 pm by Filo »

Aye, and I`m waiting for you to point all us inbred thicko`s in the direction of any of your 348 posts that I have censored!

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on June 26, 2013, 02:57:18 pm by Wade Falana »
Jordan is currently on trial at Walsall, good luck to the lad.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on June 26, 2013, 03:18:11 pm by steve@dcfd »

So is Mullen who was also released, I have been told.

neil grainger

« Reply #74 on June 26, 2013, 05:28:57 pm by neil grainger »

That would be an excellent move for him if it comes off - good luck to him as you say.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on June 26, 2013, 06:04:34 pm by Alickismyhero »
I thought our current manager had said he was going to have a look at Ball because he was not the one who terminated his contract? Obviously not the case!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 26, 2013, 06:26:15 pm by RedJ »
Well if another team's beat him to it what can he do?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on June 26, 2013, 06:46:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I thought our current manager had said he was going to have a look at Ball because he was not the one who terminated his contract?

PD said, when asked about Ball, the decision had already made. Then the questioner asked him if could he have another look at him in training and PD responded by saying he wouldn't rule it out.

However, I don't see why he would over-rule the judgement of Brian Flynn, and TBH neither would I.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on June 26, 2013, 07:18:11 pm by Alickismyhero »
BBR,

I think he may well have overruled BF in bringing in Butler as first team coach and removing Jonesie! Too many cooks will spoil the broth as they say.

RJ,

if that is the case and another team beat him to it I hope it doesn't form in to a pattern when it comes to these "good players we are after".

Now we have an under 21 squad surely Ball deserved a chance to prove himself.

Football's a funny old game and I hope he does well at Walsall.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on June 26, 2013, 07:26:35 pm by Red wizard »
Who says Jones isn't a coach anymore like?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 26, 2013, 08:13:05 pm by RedJ »
BBR,

I think he may well have overruled BF in bringing in Butler as first team coach and removing Jonesie! Too many cooks will spoil the broth as they say.

RJ,

if that is the case and another team beat him to it I hope it doesn't form in to a pattern when it comes to these "good players we are after".

Well I doubt a player we'd just released would be at the top of our list of targets so I'm not really sure why you'd think that...

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on June 26, 2013, 08:50:37 pm by Wellred »
BBR,

RJ,

Bring back SOD eh Alick.

Seems to me you never have a good word for any manager since your idol left.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on June 26, 2013, 09:15:24 pm by RobTheRover »
Butler is not First Team Coach, Alickismyhero.  He WAS goalkeeper coach, and has now been replaced with Gerrard.

Edit : ooops, getting my Butlers mixed up.  Keep up, Rob!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 09:21:23 pm by RobTheRover »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on June 26, 2013, 09:49:34 pm by Alickismyhero »
WellR

I write on two forums and I haven't checked out the numbers but I think you will find that I gave a lot of support to Deano and defended him against the knockers who wanted him sacked. I would suggest your comments on this point is incorrect.

Now if you look back at my comments on BF I was shouting for him to get the job again this seems at odds with your view! Thats two managers I have fully supported.

OK, there's young Dicky. I am concerned at the hype coming out of the club I just hope they get just half of it right or it will come back and bite.

You must admit that I never bring Sean's name up in any articles on any site but only to correcting comments I think are unfair and or incorrect and this article is no exception.

I do have a very high opinion about the man and I am not embarrassed to admit it when asked. Would I like to see him back? certainly not. I actually wrote an article suggesting that Sean should move on well before he was sacked but history will suggest he got it wrong.

I do like to keep an eye out for all our old players/managers. Some I was pleased to see go and some not. I thought young Bally deserved a chance and that the new manager had said that was going to give it to him, obviously I got it wrong.

WR,
I consider Jonesie to be a man's man and I can't see it working having two coaches for the first team. Only time will tell if young Dicky has got it right and at the moment for me the jury is out. We had a team with something special last season I hope he has got it right and builds upon it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on June 26, 2013, 10:30:57 pm by dickos1 »
He didn't say he would give him a chance he was pushed for an answer by a numpty asking the question and all he said was he wouldn't rule out him training for a few days.
As they've only been back for 3 days how do you know he isn't coming in next week??
You don't.
Of course it works with more than one coach, every club in the football league has more than one coach, jones is going to be playing week in week out surely you can see he can't be doing all the coaching too, dickov has said from day one he wants someone in to do the coaching.
What pisses me off is people having a go at our manager from day one, picking up on silly irrelevant things, giving them patronising names like young dicky and soundbite.
We do have some shocking supporters who do everything opposite to support.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on June 26, 2013, 10:44:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I general, for all Dickov has said, like any new manager, he has to back it up with actions and so far, it's far too early to be judgemental about his appointments.

Everyone connected with football knows that managers like to have people around them who they trust and value. That doesn't mean to say he doesn't see those qualities in Jones and he categorically stated he will be our club captain going forward. He will know, just as Jones will, their relationship will develop and you just can't ignore the influence Jones will have on the training pitch and the match pitch.

If Dickov has learned anything in his brief time in management and on his recent coaching course, it's that he, Horton, Butler and Jones will need to sing from the same hymn sheet for this to work.

They also know we have a squad of seasoned pro's who won't suffer fools gladly so you have to deal with them perhaps differently, than you would with junior pro's, by earning their respect. I suspect casting Jones aside would instantly lose respect.       

The Jordan Ball thing is unfortunate but we have to trust the judgement of those who see him every day know best. Similar to Baxendale leaving who I thought was really good potential. For both of them I hope they prosper however, judging by the other youngsters given the chop by the club in recent years,  these decisions have been proven.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on June 26, 2013, 11:30:41 pm by Alickismyhero »
Dickos,

I do not use the name Young Dicky in anyway disrespectfully as I think Dickov sounds must worst. Its the same as I called Stock, Stockie Green Greenie, nothing more.

Why are you so disrespectful to the chap who asked a perfectly reasonable question?

I really would like to see Ball come back and get his chance because that’s what I thought was going to happen but as I said I must have got the wrong idea from that meeting.

I think you are over reacting with the bit about “shocking supporters” people have differing views and have the right to express them. I don't agree with all that you say and I attemp to show due respect in saying why.

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on June 26, 2013, 11:44:22 pm by donnyproletarian »
The lad Ball should take inspiration that kevin keegan was deemed not good enough and looked what happened to him .

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 27, 2013, 08:50:02 am by Wade Falana »
He's at Walsall for a month, doubtful he'll be coming back.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on June 27, 2013, 10:22:41 am by Alickismyhero »
DP,

Its funny you should mention KK. I followed his case very closely at the time. My form teacher, Ken Howard was his coach at Donny boys. I met a close friend of Ken's on holiday about two years ago and he said Ken still talks about KK and the fact that he never played him in our boys team, the rest is history.

At the time KK left Donny to live with his sister in Coventry. He got home sick and returned to Donny and the Rovers. The club claimed that he was late for training and sacked him. He then went over to Scunny, on to Liverpool, Hamburg, Enland etc,etc. KK denies he was late and you may notice he never talks about his time at Donny.

If only Bally can follow in KK's footsteps.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012