Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:02:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mystery Investors?  (Read 13979 times)

donnyguy61

Re: Mystery Investors?
« Reply #60 on June 23, 2013, 05:08:23 pm by donnyguy61 »
Paul Walker ‏@Walkerpw 5m
Spoken to John Ryan. Absolutely no truth in reports linking Shay Given and Richard Dunne "total and utter rubbish" he says. #DRFC

@Walkerpw 5m
Ryan confirmed that Paul Gerrard is coming in as GK coach. Rest of management set up should be finalised this wk. #DRFC

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 23, 2013, 05:14:24 pm by not on facebook »
No comment from me

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on June 23, 2013, 05:17:23 pm by dknward2 »
That ends that as quickly as it started its over

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on June 23, 2013, 05:19:06 pm by donny dave »
Thank god for that.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 23, 2013, 05:22:41 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Didn't rule out investors though.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 23, 2013, 05:33:09 pm by mushRTID »
Didn't rule out investors though.

Exactly.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on June 23, 2013, 06:09:32 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Yet we all know Paul Walker knows naff all and I doubt JR would tell him bugger all.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on June 23, 2013, 06:15:08 pm by PaulRover08 »
Yet we all know Paul Walker knows naff all and I doubt JR would tell him bugger all.
Agreed. Plus it wouldn't be the first time a club announces no interest or knowledge only for it all to be true.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on June 23, 2013, 06:20:48 pm by Sprotyrover »
Would that be the same Paul Walker that JR wouldn't give the time of day to?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on June 23, 2013, 06:37:33 pm by roversdude »
Would that be the same Paul Walker that JR wouldn't give the time of day to?

Especially on a Sunday afternoon

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 23, 2013, 07:06:54 pm by Chris Black come back »
And of course Dunne and Given have very strong links to Man City. A club which we are never tired of being told is very close to our new manager.

PS - we are currently quibbling with League Two Scunthorpe United about our circa 80k bid for one of their players. I doubt highly we will ever see either Dunne or Given in our shirts other than at a testimonial game.

Ahem.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on June 23, 2013, 07:25:13 pm by Wellred »
And of course Dunne and Given have very strong links to Man City. A club which we are never tired of being told is very close to our new manager.

PS - we are currently quibbling with League Two Scunthorpe United about our circa 80k bid for one of their players. I doubt highly we will ever see either Dunne or Given in our shirts other than at a testimonial game.

Ahem.

And your point is?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on June 23, 2013, 07:47:01 pm by dickos1 »
John Ryan has told Paul walker its rubbish.
That's it then.
What do you think he's going to say? Yes we're talkin to them tomorrow.
Don't be daft, if it's true there'll be loads Of clubs interested so he ain't gonna blab it out to the local nutcase journalist is he.

Donnydid

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on June 23, 2013, 08:31:53 pm by Donnydid »
Correct, but who says it`s Westferry? the alleged investors have Horse Racing links apparently, JP McManus? :)

The guy who has bought Salford City Reds Rugby League team is a Racehorse Owner
and has stated that he is looking at buying a Football team........Rovers?

Donnydid

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on June 23, 2013, 08:43:58 pm by Donnydid »
"Salford City Reds owner Dr Marwan Koukash has said he is looking to take over a football club.

The Kuwait-born businessman and racehorse owner bought the Reds in January, bringing in a number of players and promising many more.

"There is a club I'm looking at which hopefully we will be able to secure within the next month or two," he said.

"I'm not going to reveal which club it is but it will complement my interest in racing and rugby."

The 54-year-old told BBC World Service: "Before I got involved in racing I was at the point where I nearly completed the purchase of a Championship side".

Further down the page he commented that the club was previously a huge club who he could turn around and bring them back to their previous glory days..............so its obviously not the Rovers so it must be one of those "huge" clubs from Sheffield or the former Champions of Europe Leeds!

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 23, 2013, 08:51:06 pm by CraigyBoy »
This thread shows a) silly season at it's best/worst, and b) how silly a lot of football fans are. Thick as I am even I now all this "rich takeover" stuff is nonsness. I would have thought you'd take the season break to do other stuff, like go on holiday, have a girlfriend, go fishing, live life, except lots of people sit glued to the internet rubbing their thighs and thinking of john ryan dressed in a rovers kit. Nobody knows any "inside info" despite what they might like the rest of us to think. Who cares what happens, we'll all know the truth soon enough.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 23, 2013, 11:33:58 pm by wilts rover »
"Salford City Reds owner Dr Marwan Koukash has said he is looking to take over a football club.

The Kuwait-born businessman and racehorse owner bought the Reds in January, bringing in a number of players and promising many more.

"There is a club I'm looking at which hopefully we will be able to secure within the next month or two," he said.

"I'm not going to reveal which club it is but it will complement my interest in racing and rugby."

The 54-year-old told BBC World Service: "Before I got involved in racing I was at the point where I nearly completed the purchase of a Championship side".

Further down the page he commented that the club was previously a huge club who he could turn around and bring them back to their previous glory days..............so its obviously not the Rovers so it must be one of those "huge" clubs from Sheffield or the former Champions of Europe Leeds!

You obviously didn't hear his interview the other night on R5Live BB - when he said he was looking to buy that sleeping giant of English football - Oldham

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/salford-reds-owner-koukash-wants-4390434

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on June 23, 2013, 11:59:29 pm by BobG »
There's one question that hasn't been raised on here yet. If the alleged investment were to actually happen, would it be as a result of buying the shares of any, or all, of the current shareholders? Or would it be as a new shareholder with newly issued shares? That makes a significant difference that does.

I'm sure you can all remember the various things that have been said over the last 18 months by the three amigos. It's a field full of interesting possibilities isn't it?

Cheers

BobG

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on June 24, 2013, 08:27:14 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
This sounds really, really exciting news to me. This could be mega for DRFC and Doncaster as a town if this pulls off! Obviously, only time will tell.

Paul Gerrard coming in as GK coach though, wasn't he previously at Forest? Could we be signing Lee Camp (if we don't get Shay Given, of course );)?

Also, last season, I saw Dick Watson on the train to away games on numerous occassions. JR, DW and TB are, as someone said above "pure gold".
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:31:43 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on June 24, 2013, 09:10:08 am by Wild Rover »
I named a potential Irish Investor, way back, around time KMS opened for Business, if its the same one,( or leader of consortium ) , great times may follow.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 24, 2013, 09:16:02 am by GazLaz »
I think it's unlikely but not impossible that a consortium with a few quid but into us. JR is always after new investment and he knows a lot of wealthy people.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on June 24, 2013, 10:22:30 am by Muttley »

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on June 24, 2013, 10:50:13 am by Muttley »

We also have two very wealthy directors who aren't interested in football and are not from Doncaster

John Ryan is from Doncaster, is interested in football and is wealthy.

I'm not sure where Gavin Baldwin is from or what his personal financial circumstances are, but i'm sure he has got at least a passing intereset in football despite being an ex-rugby player.

So at least 1 of our 2 directors meet your criteria.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on June 24, 2013, 11:40:44 am by Wellred »

We also have two very wealthy directors who aren't interested in football and are not from Doncaster

I'm not sure where Gavin Baldwin is from or what his personal financial circumstances are, but i'm sure he has got at least a passing intereset in football despite being an ex-rugby player.

Sorry I should have said shareholders.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on June 24, 2013, 06:18:17 pm by RedJ »

Would that not be one of three? I thought you needed a minimum of three directors.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on June 24, 2013, 07:51:31 pm by Muttley »

Would that not be one of three? I thought you needed a minimum of three directors.

No, private companies (such as Patienceform Ltd) only need 1 director and public companies only need 2.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on June 24, 2013, 08:02:05 pm by RobTheRover »
The only Directors of the club now are JR and Gav.  Terry and Dick are co-owners with JR.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on June 24, 2013, 10:49:38 pm by BobG »
What does the Articles of Association of Patienceform say is the minimum number for a Board meeting to be quorate? Two directors looks bloody low to me. They could end up with a quorum of 1 - which would be unfortunate to say the least....

BobG

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 25, 2013, 05:51:37 pm by MrFrost »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012