Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:55:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Signing  (Read 13100 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Signing
« Reply #30 on June 24, 2013, 02:37:36 pm by wilts rover »
Is he any good on Football Manager?

he cant be any worse than Sproty

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 24, 2013, 02:38:16 pm by wilts rover »

He can't be any worse than Sproty.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 24, 2013, 02:39:57 pm by LincsRover »

I'm only guessing, but I bet Sproty signed him .......... And he was pants!  :silly:

:rtid:

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 24, 2013, 02:42:13 pm by Wild Rover »
well if this is the standard we are going for, long hard winter springs to mind!! Yet again the cheapest option...fkg crap dickov and ryan!!

Who do you expect DRFC to sign. The Lad may not suit you, but he does me.

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #34 on June 24, 2013, 02:55:44 pm by DRFC MYERS »
Hopefully will be a good singing.. Shows we looking to being in players in positions we are lacking in

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 24, 2013, 02:56:05 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
well if this is the standard we are going for, long hard winter springs to mind!! Yet again the cheapest option...fkg crap dickov and ryan!!

Knob

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 24, 2013, 02:59:19 pm by oggycompton »
Listen, he is a young lad who was signed by Real Madrid for gods sake. He is going to be able to pass a football and my bet is that if sides like Real were looking at him he has the potentila to be a very good player. I know for a fact that Hull wanted to sign him last season but there was difficulty with a release clause or something that Real wanted in his new contract. Dickov thinks very highly of him clearly and wanted him at Oldham. It excites me, I think that his pedigree alone speaks that he has quality.

The question I would ask is that if Dickov wanted him at Oldham and he sounds like a similar player to Furman, does Furman have a future with us?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 24, 2013, 03:03:08 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
The question I would ask is that if Dickov wanted him at Oldham and he sounds like a similar player to Furman, does Furman have a future with us?

Either that, or we're setting up for a defensive/counter attack system? So we'll be needing speed from other midfielders/wingbacks.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 24, 2013, 03:04:45 pm by oggycompton »
Thats a good shout I think to be fair. I would also think that it will be Lundstrum or Furman to come to us and not both.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 24, 2013, 03:07:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Well Raggy, since you made every single call wrong last season, looks like this signing might be a good un.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 24, 2013, 03:25:16 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Bit of research.  Had a trial at Oldham, they wanted to sign him and still were interested recently but R Madrid wanted a fee which they could not afford. That fee lapses about now.  An Oldham fan who saw him said this;

"Shame, looked a cracking player. He's the most impressive player i've seen play for us whilst on a trial with the club. Think he'll be a decent bet for our Championship"

Worrying, I always thought every Oldham player we got was rubbish?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 24, 2013, 03:36:40 pm by Filo »

I don`t believe what I`m reading!

chances are you`ve never seen him play!

He`s come from Real Madrid`s reserves, yes Real f**king Madrid 9 times European Champions! We had a kid from Everton reserves last season and look how good he was for us, Everton, how many times have they been European Champions?

FFS! give the lad a chance!

Spike

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 24, 2013, 03:39:01 pm by Spike »

Maybe you can tell us how many times you have seen him play and what his faults were.  As far as I've seen Real Madrid fans rate him quite highly, not good enough for their first team but still a good player.
Either you have watched the wrong player or a lot of Real Madrid fans don't know what they are talking about.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 24, 2013, 03:44:25 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

I don`t believe what I`m reading!

chances are you`ve never seen him play!

He`s come from Real Madrid`s reserves, yes Real f**king Madrid 9 times European Champions! We had a kid from Everton reserves last season and look how good he was for us, Everton, how many times have they been European Champions?

FFS! give the lad a chance!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 24, 2013, 03:45:52 pm by Wild Rover »
Correct me if I am wrong please. The lad was at RM 2 seasons ago, then went to the other RM ( Real Mallorca ), now whether that a loan or permanent I don't know, anyway whichever RM it is he sure as hell cant be a bad player. Oh and when Dikov wanted him he was going to cost in excess of 600K in release clauses.

Ah Poo Poo me, not same player at Mallorca, Marc Fernandez (Garcia).
Espanyol - RM as a 16 year old, few million euro too.
Still good acquisition in my eyes.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 04:03:56 pm by Wild Rover »

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 24, 2013, 03:53:37 pm by LincsRover »
Let's face it, we could sign Ronaldo, Rooney, Bale & F**king Van Persie & some on here would moan and tell us we were getting the cheap option again! FFS we support Donny Rovers not Barcelona, Manure or anyone else - welcome to Donny young fella, I hope you enjoy it here and take us to another level with your passion & skills! We're not RM (Madrid or Malaga) but you'll get a warm welcome from us fans if not the weather!

PS/ Bring a fleece for going out!  :thumbsup:

:scarf: :clapping: :scarf: :clapping:

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 24, 2013, 03:58:07 pm by Chris »
If the DROS article is correct, and why wouldn't it be(...), then Real Madrid actually spent €4m (c. £3.4m) on him as a teenager. Yes please, thank you.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 24, 2013, 03:58:22 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Song?

"This year you've come to Sunny Donny,
Y viva Fernadez!"

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 24, 2013, 04:21:14 pm by Milepostuk »

Who do you expect DRFC to sign. The Lad may not suit you, but he does me.

Presumably "Raggy" has seen him play many more times than the rest of us then!

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 24, 2013, 04:29:43 pm by DC- »
As said: he can't be all that bad to be on the books of Real Madrid, and JR wouldn't splash up the cash for a player he knows little about. I think we've learned from the lessons of the last time we were in the Championship.

As for Furman (and apologies if someone else has mentioned this - I haven't been around much lately), hasn't anyone thought about why one of their best players left them mid-season whilst they were struggling at the bottom of the league? My guess is Furman and Dickov don't get along. I wouldn't hold your breath.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 24, 2013, 04:31:14 pm by dumbroofer »

Maybe you can tell us how many times you have seen him play and what his faults were.  As far as I've seen Real Madrid fans rate him quite highly, not good enough for their first team but still a good player.
Either you have watched the wrong player or a lot of Real Madrid fans don't know what they are talking about.

that for me filo has to be the post of the week, well said.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 24, 2013, 04:55:21 pm by Wild Rover »
As said: he can't be all that bad to be on the books of Real Madrid, and JR wouldn't splash up the cash for a player he knows little about. I think we've learned from the lessons of the last time we were in the Championship.

As for Furman (and apologies if someone else has mentioned this - I haven't been around much lately), hasn't anyone thought about why one of their best players left them mid-season whilst they were struggling at the bottom of the league? My guess is Furman and Dickov don't get along. I wouldn't hold your breath.

3rd feb Dickov resigned, wasn't till month and half later Furman left, so maybe they did get on and Dickov leaving was the last straw.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 24, 2013, 05:00:45 pm by Sprotyrover »
Quote from: adam3rovers link=topic=240336.msg350052#msg350052
date=1372080259

I'm only guessing, but I bet Sproty signed him .......... And he was pants!  :silly:

He was one of the worst Goalies I've ever signed ! :rtid:

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 24, 2013, 05:07:20 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Apparently Dickov helped out in Furman's move to us.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 24, 2013, 05:34:49 pm by Filo »

that for me filo has to be the post of the week, well said.

Only I did n`t say it :) spike did, but i`ll take the credit if you`re dishing it out :)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 24, 2013, 05:37:51 pm by LincsRover »
Quote from: adam3rovers link=topic=240336.msg350052#msg350052
date=1372080259

He was one of the worst Goalies I've ever signed ! :rtid:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 24, 2013, 05:39:51 pm by Wello »
12 yellows and 2 reds in 30 odd games, last season loves a scrap and tackle  :rtid:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on June 24, 2013, 05:49:10 pm by jonnydog »
12 yellows and 2 reds in 30 odd games, last season loves a scrap and tackle  :rtid:

Sounds like a quote from a Carry On Film...

"I hear he likes to go in hard for the scrap n tackle... Oooooooh Matron!!"

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on June 24, 2013, 05:51:39 pm by jonnydog »
Do we know how long a contract we've got him on yet?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012