Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:51:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Athletics stadium for the Dons tonight!  (Read 2746 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Athletics stadium for the Dons tonight!
« on June 28, 2013, 08:39:58 am by Donnyjim »
I'm suprised at this venue. I know they only get small crowds, but the athletics stadium makes the Withdean look like the Nou Camp!

Its a semi final, what sort of crowd will they get? 800 ish?

I will be interested to see how this pans out. You could watch the game for free from the road? Where are the turnstiles etc.

Could this be a permanent venue for the egg chasers - thus protecting our pitch!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Theatre of Dreams....
« Reply #1 on June 28, 2013, 12:18:09 pm by Donnyjim »
For the Dons!  :chair:
Are the spectators going to stand on the track??? :cold:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Theatre of Dreams....
« Reply #2 on June 28, 2013, 12:20:45 pm by RobTheRover »
Why cant they stand where that photo was taken from? ;)

Oulu Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Athletics stadium for the Dons tonight!
« Reply #3 on June 28, 2013, 01:04:20 pm by Oulu Rover »
Could this be a permanent venue for the egg chasers - thus protecting our pitch!

You might want to don a tin hat and take cover, Donnyjim.

Funny how some football fans seem to think that they have a divine right to everything, and that all other sports can make way. Besides, it has been noted on here several times that the awful weather was the major factor in the poor state of our pitch last season.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Re: Theatre of Dreams....
« Reply #4 on June 28, 2013, 01:11:38 pm by Donnyjim »
Its a pity the brewery close. We could have sat outside and watched it with a pint in our hand.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 28, 2013, 01:33:37 pm by RedJ »
Its a pity the brewery close. We could have sat outside and watched it with a pint in our hand.

Speaking of pints - are there facilities to supply food etc to the fans at the athletics track stand?

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 28, 2013, 02:13:36 pm by RedRover45 »
Good point RedJ. You apparently have to buy your ticket where the away fans do, and then hand it to ONE person on a fare who will then let you in. No turnstiles. A large percentage of people will watch the game for free from outside, on the road or car park. I'm expecting a maximum paying attendance of only 500.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 28, 2013, 02:28:38 pm by MrFrost »
Good point RedJ. You apparently have to buy your ticket where the away fans do, and then hand it to ONE person on a fare who will then let you in. No turnstiles. A large percentage of people will watch the game for free from outside, on the road or car park. I'm expecting a maximum paying attendance of only 500.

Couldn't Police move them on if they're watching from the road? Health and safety and all that.

Personally, I couldn't care less. The Dons had little time for us during our hour of need, at a time when they were doing well.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 28, 2013, 02:34:23 pm by RobTheRover »

seeing as the stand holds 499 I suspect you might be right.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 28, 2013, 03:08:41 pm by newyankee »

There is just no pleasing some people. The Dons, on advice from Andy, take the step to play an important game on the athletics pitch with the possible loss of income, and to protect the main pitch.

Do they get a "Let's go Dons, let's get to the final", no, all we get is a load of bleating from a load of sheep.

As Gavin Baldwin has said, we are all together in the future of the Keepmoat, as is the case at Hull, Huddersfield and Wigan.

"COME ON YOU DONS".

GM-MarkB

« Reply #10 on June 28, 2013, 03:35:33 pm by GM-MarkB »
What else can they do ?

Give up 'homefield' advantage to the Eagles ? Biggest moaner of them all is Aston, dubbing the field a 'leg breaker' in places and likening it to playing on a park field. Well let me tell you DVS is hardly a billiard table pal !

They can't play at Castle Park for some reason so where else is there round here ? Fair play to the Dons...if we were playing a Semi Final i'd want every advantage I could get to make sure we got the right result.

Spare a thought for Andy T...he'll be up at 5am Sunday morning to mark out our pitch for our game on Sunday afetrnoon...i'll be there to help and the bacon butties are on me mate  :thumbsup:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 28, 2013, 03:55:39 pm by Filo »
What else can they do ?

Give up 'homefield' advantage to the Eagles ? Biggest moaner of them all is Aston, dubbing the field a 'leg breaker' in places and likening it to playing on a park field. Well let me tell you DVS is hardly a billiard table pal !

They can't play at Castle Park for some reason so where else is there round here ? Fair play to the Dons...if we were playing a Semi Final i'd want every advantage I could get to make sure we got the right result.

Spare a thought for Andy T...he'll be up at 5am Sunday morning to mark out our pitch for our game on Sunday afetrnoon...i'll be there to help and the bacon butties are on me mate  :thumbsup:

Did n`t they play at Owlerton dog track as well?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 28, 2013, 04:42:09 pm by Muttley »
What else can they do ?

Yes, but then the Dons played at Stainy Dogs too

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 28, 2013, 04:44:20 pm by Filo »
What else can they do ?

I know that, but the dons are not complaining about the pitch at the athletics stadium, Sheffield Eagles are, despite having played on two ploughed fields themselves in the past

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 28, 2013, 06:21:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good luck to the Dons tonight. Hope everyone enjoys the game from wherever you watch it.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 28, 2013, 07:42:43 pm by RedRover45 »
What else can they do ?

I know that, but the dons are not complaining about the pitch at the athletics stadium, Sheffield Eagles are, despite having played on two ploughed fields themselves in the past

Cheeky sods,I've seen the Dons play at four different Sheffield grounds, they're a fine one to talk. F***ing big city gypsy nomads.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 28, 2013, 09:01:08 pm by newyankee »

Dons losing 32-4 into the second half. 22-4 down at half time.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012