Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 02:58:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Our new home shirt  (Read 14468 times)

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
Re: Our new home shirt
« Reply #60 on July 05, 2013, 10:06:04 pm by Sandy Lane »
This was their kit last season.  I seem to have seen it before (since?) somewhere......

What a cute bunch of kids, errr I mean future professional footballers!  That kit shirt is nice looking as well but the new one may edge it out a bit.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on July 05, 2013, 11:00:35 pm by hoolahoop »
I'd have gone with a black collar and side strips for the away shirt before, though the white adds a certain "je ne sais quoi" and no doubt I'll grow to love it more.

Looks like the back of the home kit is plain red with a thin white horizontal stripe?

£16.75 for the striped St Etienne shirts!

Love the 'away' shirt just as it is, tad disappointed with the 'home' shirt though.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on July 05, 2013, 11:19:50 pm by River Don »
Re: shirt launches, you know how ze Germans tend to get all things football right. Well, they know how to do this as well.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W64Fvauo4B8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W64Fvauo4B8</a>

Well, mostly right...

They reckon it's the style of the 80s but I think the car, music and the black guys look is a bit 70s. Perhaps these things hung on longer in Germany?

They should've put them in a Golf GTI mk1, played Ah Ha and given the black guy a tall, flat top.

A good effort still.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:10:02 am by River Don »

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on July 06, 2013, 01:10:29 am by godlike1 »
Re: shirt launches, you know how ze Germans tend to get all things football right. Well, they know how to do this as well.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W64Fvauo4B8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W64Fvauo4B8</a>

Well, mostly right...

They reckon it's the style of the 80s but I think the car, music and the black guys look is a bit 70s. Perhaps these things hung on longer in Germany?

They should've put them in a Golf GTI mk1, played Ah Ha and given the black guy a tall, flat top.

A good effort still.

I think that's brilliant, it had style, humour and class rolled into one without forgetting the in and new top. Clearly professionally done but with some "out of the box thinking"

Despite all the good community work our club does it really does annoy me how boring, delayed, amateur and backward thinking out marketing dept is. We are so far behind the rest of the professional and Sunday league it astounds me

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on July 06, 2013, 10:59:33 am by RedJ »

Well, mostly right...

A good effort still.

I think that's brilliant, it had style, humour and class rolled into one without forgetting the in and new top. Clearly professionally done but with some "out of the box thinking"

Despite all the good community work our club does it really does annoy me how boring, delayed, amateur and backward thinking out marketing dept is. We are so far behind the rest of the professional and Sunday league it astounds me

It's been that way for years, I don't expect it to change any time soon.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on July 06, 2013, 02:07:07 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
How about getting the players to come up with a shirt advert with humour being the starting point? That should help with team bonding, and I reckon they could pull it off.

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on July 06, 2013, 03:21:06 pm by Bald Rover »
They are wearing it today from a pic on twitter (cant get today)........dont like the back :(

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on July 06, 2013, 03:24:49 pm by dknward2 »
Looks all red apart from the bottom bit from a picture on twitter i have seen

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 06, 2013, 05:24:35 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
They are wearing it today from a pic on twitter (cant get today)........dont like the back :(

Thats how it seemed from that brochure pic - so we have horizontal stripes again :( I've never liked the plain back versions but at least its not so bib like on the front as it has been in the past. For me there's no question about it being the same as the front except for possibly a space for the number, though my fave is black and gold number on top of HOOPS!

For next seasons designs can we also specify the back?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on July 06, 2013, 05:25:30 pm by silent majority »
Akinfenwa,

Some very good points made, I have a meeting with the club on Monday so I'll raise the shirt issue then.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on July 06, 2013, 05:38:57 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Be adventurous SM, see if the players can come up with something unique rather than the usual stood on the pitch pics. That could be used as free promotion in itself causing interest in the the local papers or even TV. ie more sales, more money for the club.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on July 06, 2013, 06:16:05 pm by scaley back rover »
they could have taken a holiday photo shoot at bournemouth beach complete with trophy in the new strip

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on July 06, 2013, 09:41:44 pm by ditch_drfc »
Top quality post by Akinfenwa there

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on July 07, 2013, 09:31:37 am by weststander »
Just had a look at the great pics from the Retford game and my first impression of the new shirt is I also do NOT like the red back

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on July 07, 2013, 09:43:50 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, I thought that we'd 'seen the back' of solid backs!  As initial feedback about the new home and away shirts were positive, I think that was based on the rightful assumption they were both hooped shirts.

Does the away one have a solid black back also?   

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on July 07, 2013, 10:02:02 am by DMnumber4 »
Sorry guys, really not a fan of the uneven hoops.

It's also our ninth new shirt in nine seasons - feel sorry for those of you who fork out your hard earned cash only for it to have a shelf life of a year.

Can you imagine recreating the 'Brentford moment' for a launch video?

Finally, Nike's templates get criticised because they're all the same etc...but have you seen this....?

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on July 07, 2013, 11:43:26 am by weststander »
Sorry guys, really not a fan of the uneven hoops.

It's also our ninth new shirt in nine seasons - feel sorry for those of you who fork out your hard earned cash only for it to have a shelf life of a year.

Can you imagine recreating the 'Brentford moment' for a launch video?

Finally, Nike's templates get criticised because they're all the same etc...but have you seen this....?

Such a shame it's green

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on July 07, 2013, 12:19:31 pm by godlike1 »
I don't get it,

we moan about the bog standard templates we get from Nike and lack of individuality about the tops  :boxing:

We then get given the chance to both design and vote for our new kit  :thumbsup:

We vote for the kit we like the most  :woohoo:

We then moan and say we don't like the new kit  :suicide:

?????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A simple summary maybe but I think you should for once wait 5 mins and give it a little longer before moaning for the sake of moaning. It is both boring and slightly bizarre hearing you all complaining about a top you helped design
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:54:57 pm by godlike1 »

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on July 07, 2013, 03:12:52 pm by Al4475 »
I quite like the new home top and am sure it'll be a grower on those not convinced! I'm not sure about the solid back - but (and I may be very wrong) is it not an FA guideline that backs are solid so numbers and names can be seen?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on July 07, 2013, 05:28:51 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
The FA http://www.thefa.com/~/media/Files/PDF/the-fa-2012-13/fa-regulations/kit-and-advertising-regulations-2012-13.ashx
Where the competition rules require a number on the back of the shirt, it should be clearly legible and positioned in the centre of the back of the shirt. The number should be between 20cm and 35cm in height with provision for each competition to set specific criteria.

Football League http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/section-5-fixtures_2293633_2125729
33.10 Numbering of Players' Shirts. When playing in a Match each Player shall wear a shirt on the back of which shall be prominently displayed his shirt number and above that his name. At the start of each Season each Club must provide to the Executive on the appropriate form details of shirt numbers allocated to each squad Player. Each Player will retain his designated number for the Season unless he leaves the Club in which case his number may be re-allocated to a new Player. Each time a squad number is allocated during the Season the Club must provide full details on the appropriate form.

FIFA are a bit more specific http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/51/54/30/equipment_reg_26032010_en.pdf
Number Zone:
the zone that must be created on the back of the shirt unless, in FIFA’s discretion, the number appearing is clearly legible and distinguishable from a distance by all Players, Match Officials, spectators and media irrespective of the prevailing conditions, such as weather and light. A Number Zone may be created on the front of the shirt. Any created Number Zone must contain one single Colour to ensure the legibility of the number. Pinstripes of a maximum of 2mm width in a different Colour shall not constitute an interruption of the Number Zone. On the back of the shirt, the surface of the Number Zone is defined by the height and width of a two-digit number.
Its vertical boundaries are 2cm above the highest point and 3cm below the lowest point of the two digits. Its horizontal boundaries are 3cm from the left edge of the left-hand digit and 3cm from the right edge of the right-hand digit. If created on the front of the shirt, the surface of a Number Zone shall be in proportion to the size of the number, providing sufficient space to ensure the visibility of the number irrespective of the prevailing conditions, such as weather and light.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on July 08, 2013, 07:41:44 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Wonder if we'll hear anything this week on when the shirts will be released.  I seem to be in the minority but I live the home shirt, can't wait to buy it  :scarf:

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on July 08, 2013, 12:15:29 pm by Jenny »
Be adventurous SM, see if the players can come up with something unique rather than the usual stood on the pitch pics. That could be used as free promotion in itself causing interest in the the local papers or even TV. ie more sales, more money for the club.
Maybe they should wear it on a trip to Nandos?

I can understand why the club haven't done a big reveal yet if they don't know the dates of release, probably saving themselves the bother of having to answer the question of when is it coming out.

donnymiles

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on July 08, 2013, 12:18:26 pm by donnymiles »
Like both shirts. However, what missed opportunities. We win possibly one of the best games ever for drama, summer's coming and we don't have any shirts to sell. I understand all the going on with new kits, and also we'll take a back seat because of numbers required by Prem clubs, but we could have had something out for fans to buy by now. Also when I was CM at he Club, we had the kits - Home, Away and Juniors shown off on the pitch by players, and mine and Dave Penny's kids.
When is the date when we will be able to actually buy shirts?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on July 08, 2013, 12:26:57 pm by Jenny »
Like both shirts. However, what missed opportunities. We win possibly one of the best games ever for drama, summer's coming and we don't have any shirts to sell. I understand all the going on with new kits, and also we'll take a back seat because of numbers required by Prem clubs, but we could have had something out for fans to buy by now. Also when I was CM at he Club, we had the kits - Home, Away and Juniors shown off on the pitch by players, and mine and Dave Penny's kids.
When is the date when we will be able to actually buy shirts?

There is the Champions shirt? Maybe that is why they have held off? Get people buying the green shirts that will never be worn again as a one off purchase knowing that people will still then buy the home and away shirts this coming season?

Didn't the club charter once say that we would only change shirts every 2 years? Is that still included? Maybe one for IRWT?

donnymiles

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on July 08, 2013, 12:34:06 pm by donnymiles »
According to the shop website, they're still only available on pre order. Living in Scarborough, I don't get chance to visit the shop that often. Are they actually available?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on July 08, 2013, 12:34:14 pm by RobTheRover »
Hi Jenny,

The changing of the shirt is a subject which  has been done to death on here with no clear winner.  Some fans would like to see a shirt last 2 seasons, others like a new one each year.  The old adage "you cant please all of the people all of the time" has never rung more true.  However, the bottom line is usually with the manufacturers.  They expect a certain shirt sales turnover from their alliance with a club and changing a shirt gives sales a boost.  Plus there are the complexities of stock, particularly as we saw with Nike that they like to change their templates regularly and wouldnt be able to supply replicas in the volumes a club sell in anything but the latest template design.

Keith Myath

« Reply #86 on July 08, 2013, 12:46:50 pm by Keith Myath »
I can't stand the new kits, but then again as i don't buy them for myself so it hardly worries me directly.

The vast majority who buy them (slight generalization here) im talking the adults only here aren't exactly trend setters now are they. Im not sure what the numbers are but the kids shirts must sell more than the adults???.

I buy my lad, and nephews the shirts etc, so surely we have missed the point. Maybe its the kids who should be designing them. How good what that be and how great would it look for the club, sending out paper with outlines for kits and getting the kids coulouring them in with whatever design they want. The club then choosing a winner, making a huge statement of our family club roots and no doubt have a shirt that will appeal to the kids who actually want them.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on July 08, 2013, 01:43:59 pm by RTID75 »
Didn't the club charter once say that we would only change shirts every 2 years? Is that still included? Maybe one for IRWT?

I pointed this out a few seasons ago when it was becoming clear that it was not being adhered to after a few seasons of single season shirt life.  The next time anyone looked it had disappeared from the charter.

This is my biggest gripe with Rovers, and I'd love to see them go back to a two yearly rotation to help us all in these tight times. I like to keep up to date with shirts,  but I won't be buying again until they go back to a 2 year design.

I did buy the green shirt a few weeks ago though. :)

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on July 08, 2013, 05:35:45 pm by weststander »
If we have to have a solid area on the back of shirts for number/player name, I much prefer the Dons version. At least their shirts still look to have some semblance of hoops

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/local-sport/bonus-point-consolation-for-dons-1-5833165

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on July 08, 2013, 05:45:21 pm by RobTheRover »
Erm.. You do realise that it's Leigh in the red and white hoops,  don't you,  Westy?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012