Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 11:29:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Statement required  (Read 19202 times)

Katesby

• Forum Member
Statement required
« on July 23, 2013, 01:54:53 pm by Katesby »
Now please. Absolute joke.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

podrover73

• Forum Member
Re: Statement required
« Reply #1 on July 23, 2013, 01:59:51 pm by podrover73 »
What would you like in the statement?  Would it put your mind at ease? 

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 23, 2013, 02:01:02 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Go down the ATM and stick your card in; I'm sure you'll get a statement quick enough  :)

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 23, 2013, 02:01:28 pm by Katesby »
Why our nearest rivals have pinched a player who had supposedly agreed a deal with us from under our nose. Is that good enough for you?

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 23, 2013, 02:03:37 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Just show a little patience.
There's obviously a reason why he's signed for Barnsley & it will come out in due course.

There's times when it would've been better if the internet hadn't been invented.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 23, 2013, 02:04:50 pm by Lipsy »
Maybe he wasn't wanted by us? Maybe things have changed? Maybe we have a better alternative?

Why does everyone assume the worst?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 23, 2013, 02:05:28 pm by MrFrost »
There's obviously a reason why he's signed for Barnsley & it will come out in due course.

There's times when it would've been better if the internet hadn't been invented.

Due course? The season starts in 10 days and we don't have a team.

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 23, 2013, 02:05:54 pm by Katesby »
Maybe he wasn't wanted by us? Maybe things have changed? Maybe we have a better alternative?

Why does everyone assume the worst?

Hence why the club should act to let us know what the hell has happened

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 23, 2013, 02:06:24 pm by Katesby »

Exactly.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 23, 2013, 02:07:22 pm by podrover73 »
Why our nearest rivals have pinched a player who had supposedly agreed a deal with us from under our nose. Is that good enough for you?
is it the fact of it being our nearest rivals taking him that is winding you up? Take a chill pill others have made the mistake of signing for the dingles over us,  all will come good in the end

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 23, 2013, 02:08:39 pm by Jersey Rover »
The fact that he was quoted as saying " I hope there is no hard feeling from Doncaster" suggests it was a decision made by him and not possibly with the full knowledge of the club

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 23, 2013, 02:08:59 pm by Katesby »
is it the fact of it being our nearest rivals taking him that is winding you up? Take a chill pill others have made the mistake of signing for the dingles over us,  all will come good in the end

I'm chilled. Guessing 'in the end' means in 10 days time?

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 23, 2013, 02:09:11 pm by AbsolutDRFC »

And I'm sure you said that last pre-season too and look what happened then.
Of course, knee-jerk reactions and negativity will really help the cause.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 23, 2013, 02:09:29 pm by Dare to dream! »

Since we hired dickov all I've heard is patience

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 23, 2013, 02:09:59 pm by MrFrost »

It is a negative situation. Still, we can all wear our VSC tinted specs and be happy about it.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 23, 2013, 02:13:39 pm by DRNaith »
I recently went to M&S for something for tea. I thought I only had a quid on me, so I put a pasty in my basket, intending to buy it.

However, as I had one in my pocket intending to have a subtle itch I discovered that I actually had a twenty pound note in my pocket, so I place the pasty back on the shelf for someone else to purchase and I went on to buy a meal for two and a bottle of wine.

But yeah, it stinks about M'Voto!

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 23, 2013, 02:15:00 pm by AbsolutDRFC »

It is a negative situation. Still, we can all wear our VSC tinted specs and be happy about it.

Why the need to have a go at the VSC? I don't understand...
You are on the VSC forum, so I'm not sure I get your point....

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 23, 2013, 02:16:04 pm by Lipsy »
Maybe he knew he wasn't going to get regular football...

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 23, 2013, 02:19:28 pm by MrFrost »

Why the need to have a go at the VSC? I don't understand...
You are on the VSC forum, so I'm not sure I get your point....

It wasn't a dig as such. But the VSC are always telling us to be pateint, we will be pleased etc. And when there is genuine concern, those with concerns are deemed negative, disruptive, etc etc.

MickyNorburys90shat-trick

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 23, 2013, 02:25:11 pm by MickyNorburys90shat-trick »
I don't see how anyone can go on about it being a "shambles" and a "joke" without knowing the full facts about what is going on behind the scenes (which we are not going to get for confidentiality reasons etc).

I agree that it would be better if we had the squad sorted by now but I don't think we are the only club in the football league that doesn't, and it certainly doesn't mean we are a shambles.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 23, 2013, 02:26:12 pm by colincramb »
All the worry on here is just typical of the general moaning nature I've come to expect. Take a deep breath, have a step back and see where we are by the end of the week with things.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 23, 2013, 02:29:20 pm by Lipsy »
All the worry on here is just typical of the general moaning nature I've come to expect. Take a deep breath, have a step back and see where we are by the end of the week with things.
This.

Steve DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 23, 2013, 02:31:34 pm by Steve DRFC »

Could not agree anymore!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 23, 2013, 02:32:23 pm by dickos1 »
This time last year, we were in a much worse position and we won the league.. No need to panic yet

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 23, 2013, 02:34:59 pm by Red Rover »

Obviously they arent gonna tell us owt on Consortium or money, thats obvious and understandable.

Information on contract renewals, Wellens rumours, M'Voto and what happened with the kits.

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 23, 2013, 02:37:19 pm by rtidbelly »
its getting too close too start to be saying wait till certain days and see where we are, as then come 3rd august when we aren't ready these who are "chilled" now will be first to slate dickov and team saying " why aren't we ready" and will moan when we are losing games.

id rather see people actually wanting the best for the club and asking the question to why players aren't signing than just letting it all blow over till its too late.

if we was told a reason why he chose barnsley then fair enough.

are all these who are chilled about signings the same ones that sit there chilled at games and don't join in atmosphere then moan about how poor it is?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 23, 2013, 02:40:12 pm by Dare to dream! »
This time last year, we were in a much worse position and we won the league.. No need to panic yet

But we weren't going into a league where we will be one of the worst teams in there and up against it most games

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 23, 2013, 02:40:47 pm by AbsolutDRFC »

Obviously they arent gonna tell us owt on Consortium or money, thats obvious and understandable.

Information on contract renewals, Wellens rumours, M'Voto and what happened with the kits.

Bang on there; money drives contract renewals and potential new signings (which cover both Wellens, M'Voto comments), so there's only really the kits that have been a problem which impact on supporters on Wednesday.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 23, 2013, 02:49:01 pm by DMnumber4 »
Sorry folks, I'm not sure you'll ever find out why M'Voto chose Barnsley over us in an official manner.

Sceptics will say it's because we're too close to the season and he wanted something sorted or Barnsley offered more money.

Those with a positive / rose-tinted view will say that it's because we have something better lined up.

Now, take your pick because there certainly isn't any obligation on the Rovers' part as to why it has fallen through and we were given more than our fair share when deals are annouced with the added clause of "subject to paperwork" - however vague a term that is.

I would, seriously, be more annoyed at the promised date of a new shirt being moved (if I'd pre-ordered one) because that involves you directly as a customer purchasing from a stockist (DRFC) whose suppliers (JustSport) have messed up. Now that isn't good enough!

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 23, 2013, 02:52:45 pm by rtid88 »
Can't understand what is happening to be honest, we don't have a team to put out at the minute. 10 days until the season in a very very difficult league, fair enough we probably were in a worse position last year, but last year we were in a rubbish league.

We have one more friendly to play to try and make the team gel a bit but that is simply not going to happen, no 1st team goalkeeper in the squad, barely a defence to put out, a couple of midfielders and a very sub-standard championship strikeforce!!

We have been told to wait and to wait, but as usual we are making the same mistakes, not getting players signed up quickly enough that were under contract with us and trying to sign new players!

Hope to be proven incredibly wrong by Dickov but not impressed one bit by all of his press talk so far, need to see some action please!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012