Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 02:41:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Statement required  (Read 19181 times)

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
Re: Statement required
« Reply #30 on July 23, 2013, 02:54:28 pm by roverssam1879 »
Im not so worried about losing/not signing Mvoto as a player, what would worry me is if PD was serious about signing him and really wanted the bloke to sign, then thats unnearving.

Its no good saying look what happened last season, that wont help us.

we need signings and we need them fast. pre season is almost over and we have signed two players + furman who was in last years squad towards the end.

Have we even signed a keeper? its no good hanging on to the hope that is SG. Marrian Kello hase been trialing with us but no contract as of yet, just like a few existing players!

I do however feel that we WILL sign BS again (Regardless of invesrment), purely on the basis that he has not done a deal with a number of other clubs that would have signed the papers by now (Reading, Forrest, Celtic).

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 23, 2013, 03:00:33 pm by colincramb »
It's football! It's very rarely logical. There could be a number of reasons why he chose Barnsley. Yes I'm 'chilled' as someone put it, because a week in football is a long time. I still believe we will sign good players before the season starts.

Or I could have the other philosophy, worry like f**k, barely eat, take it out on the mrs and spend every second of each waking day checking on here that a deal for another mediocre player has fallen through

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 23, 2013, 03:06:04 pm by wing commander »
I think Nathan summed it up perfectly... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 23, 2013, 03:07:54 pm by ArmthorpeRover »
I recently went to M&S for something for tea. I thought I only had a quid on me, so I put a pasty in my basket, intending to buy it.

However, as I had one in my pocket intending to have a subtle itch I discovered that I actually had a twenty pound note in my pocket, so I place the pasty back on the shelf for someone else to purchase and I went on to buy a meal for two and a bottle of wine.

But yeah, it stinks about M'Voto!

I sees what you did there :D

This is gonna get glossed over but I too have a feeling it was us that changed our minds....not him.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:10:37 pm by ArmthorpeRover »

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 23, 2013, 03:13:33 pm by Lipsy »
I think that M'Voto chose to go. He's said something along the lines of "I hope there's no bad feelings at Doncaster".

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 23, 2013, 03:15:31 pm by Katesby »
Lets just hope we have Billy and the kid from City to run him ragged when we play them.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 23, 2013, 03:18:16 pm by colincramb »
I think that M'Voto chose to go. He's said something along the lines of "I hope there's no bad feelings at Doncaster".

It was "hope there is no hard feelings at the 'likes of Doncaster'

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 23, 2013, 03:31:57 pm by wing commander »
everybody is entitled to there opinion...but things are never as black and white as some people make out.They think the club sat there and waved as he went to Barnsley.......The word patience has been over used since Dickov arrived I freely admit but there are reasons for that...And calls for the club to release statements are just folley..Theres nothing to say  but I suspect everybody will be more happy when we kick off...

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 23, 2013, 03:37:49 pm by ArmthorpeRover »
but I suspect everybody will be more happy when we kick off...

You do know the kind of fans you are talking about here don't you? Most around here a ready to hang themselves at the slightest notice.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 23, 2013, 03:38:28 pm by Chris »
but I suspect everybody will be more happy when we kick off...

I'm absolutely sick of hearing/reading this line. Do you have any substantial information which supports that line or is it more VSC rubbish?

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 23, 2013, 03:40:42 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
we are becoming a joke club sorry to say ,its all ifs and maybes

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 23, 2013, 03:41:55 pm by colincramb »
Do you have any substantial information to say its vsc rubbish?

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 23, 2013, 03:43:08 pm by Fal »
Official Twitter says this...

Doncaster Rovers FC ‏@drfc_official 44s
"I explained that if he did, I would not be proceeding with bringing him to the club as I only want players who are 100% committed to #DRFC"
Expand  Reply  Retweeted  Favorite   More
 Doncaster Rovers FC ‏@drfc_official 2m
PD on M'voto: “I made an offer to Jean before we travelled to Portugal but while we were away he said he was going to speak to Barnsley. 1/2

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 23, 2013, 03:45:23 pm by Chris »
Do you have any substantial information to say its vsc rubbish?

No, but we've been fed similar lines from both the VSC and the club all summer. Believe it or not, I'm not "more than happy" with our summer dealings so far.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on July 23, 2013, 03:49:01 pm by Filo »
Official Twitter says this...

Doncaster Rovers FC ‏@drfc_official 44s
"I explained that if he did, I would not be proceeding with bringing him to the club as I only want players who are 100% committed to #DRFC"
Expand  Reply  Retweeted  Favorite   More
 Doncaster Rovers FC ‏@drfc_official 2m
PD on M'voto: “I made an offer to Jean before we travelled to Portugal but while we were away he said he was going to speak to Barnsley. 1/2

So basically he waited while he was on his free holiday before mentioning it? :)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 23, 2013, 03:50:51 pm by Lipsy »
I can't believe PD and the club let someone who wasn't 100% committed to the club slip away. I DEMAND a statement.

Bunch of jessies, the lot of you.  :lol:

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 23, 2013, 03:52:20 pm by Chris »
I can't believe PD and the club let someone who wasn't 100% committed to the club slip away. I DEMAND a statement.

That's clearly a lie. If we're not going pursue any free agent who wishes to speak to more than one club then we're going to struggle.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 23, 2013, 03:53:28 pm by Wellred »
I will be losing as much sleep over Mvoto not signing as I will be over Gary Woods going.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 23, 2013, 03:55:55 pm by steve@dcfd »
If we sign somebody better then you are right, but PD felt he was good enough otherwise why did he make him an offer.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 23, 2013, 03:57:16 pm by Drover »
I recently went to M&S for something for tea. I thought I only had a quid on me, so I put a pasty in my basket, intending to buy it.

However, as I had one in my pocket intending to have a subtle itch I discovered that I actually had a twenty pound note in my pocket, so I place the pasty back on the shelf for someone else to purchase and I went on to buy a meal for two and a bottle of wine.

But yeah, it stinks about M'Voto!

But you was lucky DRNaith.It was YOUR choice to put the Pasty back,for DRFC shopping at ASDA,despite having a £20 note in their pocket,they still wanted the pasty,but it did not stop the pasty jumping out their trolley into anothers persons trolley just before the checkout,after having a free ride round the market!
But hey,we will be happy with the dinner we eat on AUG 3th!

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 23, 2013, 03:57:53 pm by colincramb »
Don't see how it's a lie? Sounds to me like they had an agreement in principle, he's heard Barnsley are in, the agent has drummed up his signing fee/wages and he's gone there.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 23, 2013, 03:58:54 pm by RedJ »

That's clearly a lie. If we're not going pursue any free agent who wishes to speak to more than one club then we're going to struggle.

How is it a lie? can you prove it's a lie?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 23, 2013, 03:59:33 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Whatever the full story of this is, its no big loss at all. The players we have brought in so far seem to be top quality and are likely to increase in value. I've every faith that more will come and they will be the right players, at the right price.

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 23, 2013, 04:00:37 pm by Phoenix »
If PD or anyone else thinks that any OOC player is 100% committed to DRFC, then they're kidding themselves. Players will go for the best deal, and that is exactly what M'Voto has done. Plus, who can blame him for wanting his future sorted out quickly with under two weeks to go until the season begins?

The statement is nothing more than spin to keep people's criticism at bay for a bit. We've buggered up with M'Voto by hanging around for too long, and all the statement does is attempt to convince people that "we didn't want him anyway". We clearly did.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 23, 2013, 04:00:53 pm by Chris »

Do you genuinely think we're going to pull out of any transfer negotiations simply because a player (who importantly is a free agent) wanted to speak to more than one club?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 23, 2013, 04:03:30 pm by RedJ »

Do you genuinely think we're going to pull out of any transfer negotiations simply because a player (who importantly is a free agent) wanted to speak to more than one club?

But can you prove he's telling an outright lie, which is what you're making out?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 23, 2013, 04:03:39 pm by mrfrostsdad »
For me it's not the real issue wether Mvoto has signed or not. The real issue is the total breakdown of communications between the club and the most important people at the club - you and me - THE SUPPORTERS.

I've paid my 400 quid for my season ticket, and without me - and you my fellow supporters - the club does not exist, simple as.

Unfortunately, as I live in Scarborough and have to work for a living, I won't be attending the meeting this week. If I did attend, I too would be saying to the management 'Why are you leaving us in the dark' 'What is happening' 'Why are players not signing on' 'What is happening with the alleged investment'.

This is getting ridiculous. We are a Championship club pretending to be a League 2 club

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 23, 2013, 04:03:58 pm by Lipsy »
If we have made an offer to the player, then yes. If we take a player on a training camp, yes. If we don't want to be held to ransom, yes. If we need to make it clear to other players of our stance, then yes. Simples.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on July 23, 2013, 04:05:25 pm by IDM »
If PD or anyone else thinks that any OOC player is 100% committed to DRFC, then they're kidding themselves. Players will go for the best deal, and that is exactly what M'Voto has done. Plus, who can blame him for wanting his future sorted out quickly with under two weeks to go until the season begins?

The statement is nothing more than spin to keep people's criticism at bay for a bit. We've buggered up with M'Voto by hanging around for too long, and all the statement does is attempt to convince people that "we didn't want him anyway". We clearly did.

Question - do you know if it was DRFC that was hanging around, or the player/his agent???

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on July 23, 2013, 04:07:36 pm by IDM »
For me it's not the real issue wether Mvoto has signed or not. The real issue is the total breakdown of communications between the club and the most important people at the club - you and me - THE SUPPORTERS.

I've paid my 400 quid for my season ticket, and without me - and you my fellow supporters - the club does not exist, simple as.

Unfortunately, as I live in Scarborough and have to work for a living, I won't be attending the meeting this week. If I did attend, I too would be saying to the management 'Why are you leaving us in the dark' 'What is happening' 'Why are players not signing on' 'What is happening with the alleged investment'.

This is getting ridiculous. We are a Championship club pretending to be a League 2 club

What do you want the club to say? 

"Erm, we've got loads of deals on the table, waiting for agents to pull their fingers out.  Nothing's finalised yet, but what the hell, you want information so we'll break confidentialities and tell you"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012