Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 10:18:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Statement required  (Read 19163 times)

Chris

• Forum Member
Re: Statement required
« Reply #60 on July 23, 2013, 04:08:09 pm by Chris »
I can't believe PD and the club let someone who wasn't 100% committed to the club slip away. I DEMAND a statement.

Bunch of jessies, the lot of you.  :lol:

That's clearly a lie. If we're not going pursue any free agent who wishes to speak to more than one club then we're going to struggle.

How is it a lie? can you prove it's a lie?

Do you genuinely think we're going to pull out of any transfer negotiations simply because a player (who importantly is a free agent) wanted to speak to more than one club?

But can you prove he's telling an outright lie, which is what you're making out?

No I can't as I wasn't sat in the room when talks were ongoing. Not that I have to be to suspect that I'm being lied to.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on July 23, 2013, 04:09:05 pm by Chris »
For me it's not the real issue wether Mvoto has signed or not. The real issue is the total breakdown of communications between the club and the most important people at the club - you and me - THE SUPPORTERS.

I've paid my 400 quid for my season ticket, and without me - and you my fellow supporters - the club does not exist, simple as.

Unfortunately, as I live in Scarborough and have to work for a living, I won't be attending the meeting this week. If I did attend, I too would be saying to the management 'Why are you leaving us in the dark' 'What is happening' 'Why are players not signing on' 'What is happening with the alleged investment'.

This is getting ridiculous. We are a Championship club pretending to be a League 2 club

What do you want the club to say? 

"Erm, we've got loads of deals on the table, waiting for agents to pull their fingers out.  Nothing's finalised yet, but what the hell, you want information so we'll break confidentialities and tell you"

No, I expect them to tweet that we've signed someone who will later sign for a divisional rival. :)

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on July 23, 2013, 04:10:16 pm by Akinfenwa »

Question - do you know if it was DRFC that was hanging around, or the player/his agent???

Given that a fair portion of our squad is in the same situation, I'd say it's probably us.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on July 23, 2013, 04:10:49 pm by Filo »
I can't believe PD and the club let someone who wasn't 100% committed to the club slip away. I DEMAND a statement.

That's clearly a lie. If we're not going pursue any free agent who wishes to speak to more than one club then we're going to struggle.

Do you genuinely think we're going to pull out of any transfer negotiations simply because a player (who importantly is a free agent) wanted to speak to more than one club?

But can you prove he's telling an outright lie, which is what you're making out?

No I can't as I wasn't sat in the room when talks were ongoing. Not that I have to be to suspect that I'm being lied to.

Right, so you`ve gone from "clearly a lie" to you "suspect it`s a lie"

there`s a big difference between your statements!

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on July 23, 2013, 04:11:45 pm by Phoenix »
If PD or anyone else thinks that any OOC player is 100% committed to DRFC, then they're kidding themselves. Players will go for the best deal, and that is exactly what M'Voto has done. Plus, who can blame him for wanting his future sorted out quickly with under two weeks to go until the season begins?

The statement is nothing more than spin to keep people's criticism at bay for a bit. We've buggered up with M'Voto by hanging around for too long, and all the statement does is attempt to convince people that "we didn't want him anyway". We clearly did.

Question - do you know if it was DRFC that was hanging around, or the player/his agent???

It's either DRFC hanging around, or it's all of the following (or their agents):
Quinn, Spurr, Griffin, Keegan, Maxted, M'Voto.

I don't know who represents each of those players, but I'm assuming it's not the same person for all of them. Common denominator seems to be Rovers to me.

Either way, it makes me laugh that people are won over by tubthumping PR stunts like that statement.

eastender

• VSC Member

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on July 23, 2013, 04:13:57 pm by IDM »

Given that a fair portion of our squad is in the same situation, I'd say it's probably us.

"probably" - that's the point, means there is uncertainty, and not fact.  Folks are making statements on here criticising the club when they don't have access to the facts.  Ultimately, the critics may be proved correct, of course, but at the moment no-one outside the club knows.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on July 23, 2013, 04:14:27 pm by colincramb »
I really can't believe how upset people are. Deary me, if things fall into place this week there's going to be some sheepish characters on here

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 23, 2013, 04:15:48 pm by Chris »

Take your pick; same result.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on July 23, 2013, 04:18:23 pm by Filo »

Explain that to a barrister!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on July 23, 2013, 04:20:19 pm by dickos1 »
Ha ha, some people need to get a grip..

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on July 23, 2013, 04:22:02 pm by Chris »

Explain that to a barrister!

As much as it may hurt you to admit, we've clearly been lied to by the club at least once in this "saga". We were told M'Voto would be Doncaster Rovers player this season and now we're being told we only "made him an offer". Reeks of the club cleaning up after its amateurish behaviour.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on July 23, 2013, 04:22:36 pm by Chris »
Ha ha, some people need to get a grip..

Or the club need to start behaving like a professional football club.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on July 23, 2013, 04:25:12 pm by dickos1 »
If a player commits to sign and then changes his mind how is that the clubs fault, just shows we had a lucky escape.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on July 23, 2013, 04:27:45 pm by roverssam1879 »
The statement produced stinks of, what someone earlier said '' playing chicken''

i admire PD for his ethos but im affraid its  not all as clean cut as that in this day and age. footballers play for money these days. wake up PD, smell the coffee and sign some players!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on July 23, 2013, 04:28:06 pm by Chris »
If a player commits to sign and then changes his mind how is that the clubs fault, just shows we had a lucky escape.

We shouldn't be announcing anything over Twitter and then later stating that transfer negotiations simply reached the stage of "we made him an offer".

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on July 23, 2013, 04:28:43 pm by wing commander »
Chris....I do hope you look silly this time next week...

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on July 23, 2013, 04:29:14 pm by wing commander »
but on that last point I fully agree with you.....

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on July 23, 2013, 04:29:30 pm by Chris »

So do I!

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on July 23, 2013, 04:30:10 pm by Jersey Rover »
Seems pretty clear that something is holding back the signings. Whatever that is the club are not willing to divulge. In a nutshell, sit back, watch and see what happens. Maybe good, maybe not, never easy as fans of the club, but nothing we can do about it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on July 23, 2013, 04:31:33 pm by dickos1 »
Wasn't just on twitter, dickov stated it in an interview, which he wouldn't have done if he didn't believe it was done.
Yet he chose to speak to another club who maybe offered him a few extra quid, like I said sounds like we had lucky escape.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on July 23, 2013, 04:39:01 pm by colincramb »
I'm speechless at how people are so quick to slag off the club they are supposed to support. I really can't get my head around it. I'm not just talking about this incident, although its a prime example, but it appears to be anything they can use as an opportunity to have a dig. It's cringeworthy at best but 90% of the time it's based without having full knowledge of any facts!

If its not about signing a player, it's because the kit isn't ready! Wear last seasons until it comes! If its not the kit it's the concourses. If its not that it's because there is some conspiracy to lie to the fans. Don't know about others, but it gets me down!

Not sure what they are trying to achieve

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on July 23, 2013, 04:41:47 pm by IDM »
I'm speechless at how people are so quick to slag off the club they are supposed to support. I really can't get my head around it. I'm not just talking about this incident, although its a prime example, but it appears to be anything they can use as an opportunity to have a dig. It's cringeworthy at best but 90% of the time it's based without having full knowledge of any facts!

If its not about signing a player, it's because the kit isn't ready! Wear last seasons until it comes! If its not the kit it's the concourses. If its not that it's because there is some conspiracy to lie to the fans. Don't know about others, but it gets me down!

This...

What's wrong with turning up at the stadium, supporting the team and (hopefully) enjoying the game?  Used to be quite simple.....

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on July 23, 2013, 04:47:44 pm by Chris »

This...

What's wrong with turning up at the stadium, supporting the team and (hopefully) enjoying the game?  Used to be quite simple.....

Okay lads, delete the forum.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on July 23, 2013, 04:52:36 pm by dickos1 »
If you can't manage turning up at the stadium , supporting the team, enjoying the game then what's the point?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on July 23, 2013, 04:53:45 pm by IDM »
Chris, Colin's point and my agreement are us showing our frustration at the overly critical attitudes of some posters on here....

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on July 23, 2013, 04:57:34 pm by Chris »
Chris, Colin's point and my agreement are us showing our frustration at the overly critical attitudes of some posters on here....

On another occasion I would perhaps agree. I think today's news, however, is a perfect example of why some of us have a genuine concern about our summer activity so far. Telling people to shut up and clap isn't going to address these concerns.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on July 23, 2013, 04:58:34 pm by colincramb »

Yes!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on July 23, 2013, 04:59:46 pm by dickos1 »
Today's news?
Hardly dramatic is it, must happen to every club at least half a dozen times a year, happened to Man U only last week

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on July 23, 2013, 05:00:09 pm by hoolahoop »

So do I!

I'm bloody worried, this is NOT the same situation as last season when we could just get a decent bunch of lads together. We are now in the 'big boys' league and it's high time we grew up and accepted that or don't bother.
Going in with a threadbare squad is NOT clever or professional ; there has been plenty of time to sort all this out.
Sorry make that Fuming not worried. :(

TinyPortal © 2005-2012