Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 12:38:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Meet the owners night  (Read 6450 times)

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
Meet the owners night
« on July 28, 2013, 02:13:12 pm by DonnyRTID »
Who's going Wednesday night. Wonder if we'll be meeting the new owners too!  :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Meet the owners night
« Reply #1 on July 28, 2013, 02:15:25 pm by RobTheRover »
Well, its billed as meet the owners, so whoever they are, current or new, I guess they will be there.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 28, 2013, 02:17:48 pm by deebee »
Well I will be there so that's one. You do need a ticket though so don't just turn up.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 28, 2013, 02:35:10 pm by roversontheup »
What are the details of this meeting.  Sorry I dont know anything about it. Are tickets still available and if so are they from tkt office?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 28, 2013, 02:38:28 pm by RobTheRover »
Yep, just give the TO a call tomorrow

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 28, 2013, 02:39:59 pm by roversontheup »
Ok Thanks.  When was all this arranged and what was/is the purpose?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 28, 2013, 02:47:16 pm by RedJ »
Ok Thanks.  When was all this arranged and what was/is the purpose?

They had one last summer and again in January, they do it every 6 months as standard now I assume.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 28, 2013, 02:54:47 pm by roversontheup »
Ah. Been to previous meetings but wasn't sure if this was anythingt do with the current investment/takeover prop.  As I hadn't seen I advertised I didn't know how long it had been organised.

MartinB

« Reply #8 on July 28, 2013, 04:50:34 pm by MartinB »
Just listening to Ken Bates on Talksport...the last board meeting at LUFC was December 2012...our fans meet with the board more than there board meets with eachother. DRFC are supposed to be the pub team?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 28, 2013, 05:01:06 pm by RobTheRover »
Pub teams are usually run by people with a passion for the game, not as a monopoly.

I think that just about nails it.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 28, 2013, 07:59:00 pm by steve@dcfd »
Rob or any VSC mods  is this meeting on this Wednesday I have gone back on the DRFC sight news and can not see it mentioned.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 28, 2013, 08:05:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Yes as far as I know it is on, I'll see if DRFC will get an announcement or two out.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 28, 2013, 08:20:28 pm by Chris Black come back »
Bit of a lottery this event. No idea who are owners are going to be so turn up and see who is in the chair! Could be anyone. Well anyone Irish apparently. Other than that total lottery.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 28, 2013, 08:22:41 pm by Dare to dream! »
Liam Hoden (yes i know he isn't always reliable) says a decision on the takeover is likely by mid week so we might just be seeing new owners

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 28, 2013, 09:24:51 pm by Filo »
Liam Hoden (yes i know he isn't always reliable) says a decision on the takeover is likely by mid week so we might just be seeing new owners

Would that be the same Liam Hoden That reported that Quinn would not be returning to DRFC?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 28, 2013, 09:32:24 pm by Dare to dream! »

Would that be the same Liam Hoden That reported that Quinn would not be returning to DRFC?

yes that's why i said he isn't always reliable. Like he said though that's what Dickov told him so how can you blame him for reporting it?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 28, 2013, 10:34:59 pm by Filo »

yes that's why i said he isn't always reliable. Like he said though that's what Dickov told him so how can you blame him for reporting it?

It's not what Dickov told him though, it was his interpretation of what Dickov said

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 28, 2013, 10:41:29 pm by Donnybax »

It's not what Dickov told him though, it was his interpretation of what Dickov said
and what other source of info do we have regarding drfc at the minute? He's told us  all pre season who our trialists have been and that's the only other thing he has got wrong.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 29, 2013, 12:34:13 am by DonnyRTID »
 I think you're being a bit harsh on the local press, they have been our only source of knowledge re the club in recent times and haven't played down rumours of investment like Radio Sheffield.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 12:36:34 am by DonnyRTID »

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 29, 2013, 07:20:10 am by graingrover »
If ever you wished to check the club's IRWT intent then this would be the acid test .

Negotiations on such a huge issue will inevitably be highly confidential but to agree to hold a meeting with fans at all at this stage shows real metal .

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 29, 2013, 11:17:45 am by bedale rover »
Any one any idea if on rovers player

Might be informative and entertaining

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 29, 2013, 03:24:10 pm by SLO@DRFC »
The event won't be available to watch live, however it will be recorded and player subscribers will be able to watch it afterwords.

The club will however be updating supporters live on twitter.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 29, 2013, 04:25:17 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
As will the VSC again on the official account (as long as my phone holds up again).

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 29, 2013, 06:37:50 pm by Dare to dream! »
how much are tickets?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 29, 2013, 06:43:03 pm by Al4475 »
DtoD
They're free mate - just ring the TO. Or if like today they've been really busy and are struggling with the phones, pop by in the morning and pick one up

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 29, 2013, 06:43:35 pm by Dare to dream! »
DtoD
They're free mate - just ring the TO. Or if like today they've been really busy, pop by in the morning and pick one up

oh right thanks!

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 29, 2013, 06:49:36 pm by BigColSutherland »

Were you privy to this conversation, or is this your interpretation of what Paul Dickov said?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 29, 2013, 06:56:13 pm by Filo »

Were you privy to this conversation, or is this your interpretation of what Paul Dickov said?

It`s on audioboo or Rovers player somewhere if you care to look for it, when asked about Quinn after he did n`t show up for the first weeks training, he said Quinn "was the only one that had n`t returned and we`ll leave it at that" he did n`t say that Quinn would not return, Liam Hoden said that from that quote

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 29, 2013, 07:41:10 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Are all conversations between Hoden and Dickov recorded on Player then?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012