Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 10:28:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rob Jones  (Read 6098 times)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
Rob Jones
« on August 03, 2013, 06:06:59 pm by esdailles left foot »
nobody can deny the big man always gives 100% but not enough pace or nous at this level. league 1/2 defender. big leagues call for big decisions Mr Dickov you need to make one.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Rob Jones
« Reply #1 on August 03, 2013, 06:08:11 pm by mushRTID »
League 2? Fair enough if you don't think he's championship quality but league 2 is a bit insulting.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 03, 2013, 06:08:20 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Erm did I miss something here? He won most things and a set piece cost us really.

donnymatty

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 03, 2013, 06:09:37 pm by donnymatty »
I dont understand what he did wrong today. Everything that came near him he dealt with and he scored a goal today. Don't know how some people complain after the rubbish we have had at the back in recent years e.g Beye

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 03, 2013, 06:09:45 pm by Wellred »
MOTM what a joke. Just the same as last season. You score a goal you get MOTM simple. He was to blame for the second goal he should have cleared it for a throw in at worst.
I thought the lad from Spurs was better than Jones today.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 03, 2013, 06:10:02 pm by RobTheRover »
Play him as a striker.  He was a proper handful in the opposition box today.  Blackpool ended up doubling up on him to block his runs when we had free kicks and corners.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 03, 2013, 06:13:00 pm by esdailles left foot »
Erm did I miss something here? He won most things and a set piece cost us really.
EXACTLY

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 03, 2013, 06:14:05 pm by esdailles left foot »
Play him as a striker.  He was a proper handful in the opposition box today.  Blackpool ended up doubling up on him to block his runs when we had free kicks and corners.
Are you actually being serious

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 03, 2013, 06:14:23 pm by Wellred »
EXACTLY

But whose fault was the set piece?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 03, 2013, 06:15:08 pm by RedJ »
He won't be as impressive as he was in League One but he's not as bad as you make out. Duffy or Wellens for MOTM for me though.

donnymatty

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 03, 2013, 06:15:18 pm by donnymatty »
EXACTLY
As big as he is if you want to blame someone for that goal blame the man at the back post, was nowhere near Jones

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 03, 2013, 06:17:01 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

I agree with this, kinda. I would switch him upfront frequently and use a midfielder to drop back. A tactic to use sometimes to throw teams off balance when we need to.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 03, 2013, 06:27:11 pm by Akinfenwa »
Since Jones signed last year, people have had this idea about him not being good or fast enough for Championship level and are now looking for evidence to back it up. I didn't find any of that evidence today. Nowt up with him, solid as expected.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 03, 2013, 06:41:11 pm by Red wizard »
Since Jones signed last year, people have had this idea about him not being good or fast enough for Championship level and are now looking for evidence to back it up. I didn't find any of that evidence today. Nowt up with him, solid as expected.
[/quote  I was goin g to post the same. He did ok today imo.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 03, 2013, 06:43:06 pm by Donnyrovers »

I agree with this, kinda. I would switch him upfront frequently and use a midfielder to drop back. A tactic to use sometimes to throw teams off balance when we need to.

A stupid idea.

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 03, 2013, 06:55:35 pm by Phoenix »

This.

And FWIW, Khumalo was supposed to be marking the fellow that scored their second goal.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 03, 2013, 07:02:19 pm by Wellred »

This.

And FWIW, Khumalo was supposed to be marking the fellow that scored their second goal.

Wasn't it Brown?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 03, 2013, 07:20:19 pm by donnievic »
I thought he had a decent game but would put the 2nd goal down to jones fault,should never given a corner away in the 1st place

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 03, 2013, 07:24:35 pm by Phoenix »

This.

Wasn't it Brown?

One of the two. Brown seemed to point the finger at Khumalo though, so I'm not sure.

Certainly wasn't Jones at fault though.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 03, 2013, 07:46:57 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Blackpool are far from being the best team we'll play this season. I personally think all our centre backs will struggle. Shouldn't have given the corner away and I thought the keeper should have come for the corner. I haven't seen it again yet, but it looked to be well inside the 6 yard box.
How anyone cold think Jones was MOTM is beyond me.
I guess it all goes down to who they want their picture taken with after the game

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 03, 2013, 08:14:36 pm by CusworthRovers »
It looked like our keeper should have claimed that corner or took everyone out. It seemed close enough. He did have Chopra obstructing him mind.

I thought Turnbull did good today and only got 1 kick wrong. Looks good

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 03, 2013, 09:34:00 pm by IDM »
It looked like the corner was deep and well out of the GK's reach?

donnymatty

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 05, 2013, 10:29:27 am by donnymatty »
Looks like some people have been reading what the gobshites say on Owlstalk
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 12:45:53 pm by donnymatty »

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 05, 2013, 11:03:20 am by Colin C No.3 »
We wouldn't have got promotion without Rob Jones IMO, so how you can say he's not good enough at this level after just one game beggars belief!

I thought he made his prescence felt & won just about everything in the air. He marshalled the defence well considering it was the first time they'd played together as a unit.

He makes a real 'nuisance' of himself when we have a corner or set piece played into the box & scored the first of what I'm sure will be a handful of goals from him this season.

Get off 'the skips' back for gawd's sake, or would you rather have Shelton Martis back!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 05, 2013, 11:10:26 am by mrfrostsdad »
IDM,
Having seen the goal again it probably was too deep for the keeper to come, so my apologies on that one.
Colin, no, we wouldn't have got promoted without Jones last season, and no-one is saying he is not good enough for this league after one game. Me, and lots of other people, said he would struggle at this level before a game was played. I've seen him play in this division before for Scunny. And I doubt the Wendies would have let him go when they got promoted if they thought he would be good enough for the Championship.
I sincerely hope I'm wrong and he does make the step up

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 05, 2013, 11:17:35 am by roverssam1879 »
MOTM what a joke. Just the same as last season. You score a goal you get MOTM simple. He was to blame for the second goal he should have cleared it for a throw in at worst.
I thought the lad from Spurs was better than Jones today.

I cant agree more!

He had bags of time to clear the ball! and then they scored from the corner.

that then meant Turnbull had to wade upfront to try and salvage something which again cost us a third goal all due to Jones not clearing the ball.

In my opinion he lost us that game but one mans error doesnt add up to a season...or will it.

worst performer of the day was bennet, Syers should have been the man to replace duffy and i think thats what might happen in future.

I'd flog bennet on and use any funds towards a LB or CF.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 05, 2013, 11:23:22 am by anton123 »
The 1 thing I spotted is the could of put the ball out for a throw quite easily when he put it out for the corner when they scored the second little thing like that can cost u games but other than that he had a good game

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 05, 2013, 11:27:04 am by mrfrostsdad »
Couldn't agree more regarding Bennett. But why do we need to sell him? He was out of contract and we gave him a new, two year one FFS!!

Who came p with hat little gem when he wasn't good enough for League 1?

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 05, 2013, 11:36:43 am by roverssam1879 »
We have such a strong midfield.

Cotterill
Copps
Wellens
Furman
De Valle
Duffy
Forrester
Syers

Bennet just doesnt feature when those lot are infront of him for me im affraid. his contract should have gone towards a CF or a CB IMO.

Bennet will turn up 1 in every 4-5 games. its not good enough at this level.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 05, 2013, 11:50:13 am by Norfolk N Chance »
nobody can deny the big man always gives 100% but not enough pace or nous at this level. league 1/2 defender. big leagues call for big decisions Mr Dickov you need to make one.

We would everything in air?

Quinn and Husband made alot of mistakes

TinyPortal © 2005-2012