Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:59:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just caught John ryan on the wireless  (Read 23232 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Just caught John ryan on the wireless
« on August 16, 2013, 06:28:50 pm by not on facebook »
And fcuk me it for sure that the right hand dont
Quite know what the left hand or vise versa,is doing behind the scenes on the DRFC front.

sounds like he is comming to terms that sooner or later he will be handing the Club over to whoever?

he did not sound the bag Of happy beans we ae acustommed too

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
Re: Just caught John ryan on the wireless
« Reply #1 on August 16, 2013, 06:35:03 pm by Lipsy »
Missed it, but I suspect it'll make it onto Audioboo in a bit...

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 16, 2013, 06:43:52 pm by dknward2 »
Sorry but think he is failing for the smooth talking sales pitch he needs to take a step back

rs have said he has been shown a bank statement with 40 million in it who says any of that will be spent on the club

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 16, 2013, 06:44:27 pm by coventryrover »
Apparently the investment has stalled

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 16, 2013, 06:45:08 pm by mushRTID »
I can't imagine telling things like this to the press is going to go down well in the boardroom. I hope were not in as much of a mess as I suspect behind the scenes.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 16, 2013, 10:45:45 pm by steve@dcfd »
The ducks are not in line in the boardroom and on this board. Fed up of the supporters in the past thinking that JR is god and can do no wrong. In JR we trust was said. Yet a lot don't trust him, his judgement is flawed they say. Well I say lets trust the man, the other major share holders should be grasping the nettle. They seem reluctant to take the club forward, well put up or step aside and allow the people who can to do so. Lets not talk about 1998, Portsmouth, Coventry or any other club, we must back the chairmans decision and accept the money to allow the him and the manager to build on this performance from tonight. He said he would not personalise the situation but it appears we have share holders who do want to personalise the situation and are holding our club back.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 17, 2013, 12:04:32 am by DRNaith »
Very interesting phrase "hold the club back". I hold my son back while we're waiting to cross a road and that's a very good thing.

Would much rather have a sustainable club in tiers two and three than a firework analogy of a big flash in the premier league and then no club, consigned at best to non-league football.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 17, 2013, 08:06:08 am by Wellred »
Very interesting phrase "hold the club back". I hold my son back while we're waiting to cross a road and that's a very good thing.

Would much rather have a sustainable club in tiers two and three than a firework analogy of a big flash in the premier league and then no club, consigned at best to non-league football.

You must be stood there an awfully long time. I presume you do eventually cross or do you remain where you are stood by the road?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 17, 2013, 08:16:01 am by Jonathan »

You must be stood there an awfully long time. I presume you do eventually cross or do you remain where you are stood by the road?

He probably waits for a safe opportunity rather than walking out into the first truck that comes crashing through.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 17, 2013, 08:19:42 am by Wellred »

He probably waits for a safe opportunity rather than walking out into the first truck that comes crashing through.

So how do you know it is a safe opportunity or not?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 17, 2013, 08:20:55 am by steve@dcfd »

So you do not believe JR as the best interest for our club if you won't back him. Supporters views are certainly changing. He was always right now you are saying he is leading our club into a flash in the pan scenario. If JR believes its safe to cross the road at this time without taking a hit why are supporters and people who write on the forum, yet do not bother going to matches, doubt him.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 17, 2013, 08:23:38 am by Nudga »
So the consortium are threatening to sue the vsc and it's secretary and you still think that we should jump into bed with them.

I personally believe that JR has had his day, but I don't want SC anywhere near our club.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 17, 2013, 08:31:50 am by DRNaith »

You really need to stop this  effort of putting words in people's mouths.

You try to use very emotive phrases to create a scenario which we can't be sure is actually happening and then insist that everyone nail their colours to the mast.

You clearly know far more than I do about these current situations, whether that be solely one sided or balanced,  and so feel in a position to force the mindset of people who are less aware.

So you do not believe JR as the best interest for our club if you won't back him. Supporters views are certainly changing. He was always right now you are saying he is leading our club into a flash in the pan scenario. If JR believes its safe to cross the road at this time without taking a hit why are supporters and people who write on the forum, yet do not bother going to matches, doubt him.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 17, 2013, 08:49:12 am by not on facebook »
Must point put i have faith in JR,i was pointing out that
He did not sound the normall happy to talk about rovers chairman we all know.

they did not seem to be any bounce or spring in his voice if you understand my point

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 17, 2013, 08:55:16 am by godlike1 »
So the consortium are threatening to sue the vsc and it's secretary and you still think that we should jump into bed with them.

I personally believe that JR has had his day, but I don't want SC anywhere near our club.

Where has that come from, and why would they? Unless they are going to sue all of the clubs share holders? And if they do I don't think that is going to win much backing from me or the rest of the clubs fans

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 17, 2013, 09:11:59 am by Muttley »
Godlike...from the (now deleted/hidden) Sequentia Capital thread:

Title: Re: Sequentia Capital
Post by: Forum Admin on August 15, 2013, 04:05:27 PM

Today the VSC has received legal notification from lawyers acting on the behalf of
Sequentia Capital regarding comments made by supporters of DRFC on the Viking
Chat forum.
Whilst the terms of the Viking Chat forum are quite clear in that comments made on
the forum are attributable solely to the individual making them, we don't wish to see
supporters of DRFC subsequently threatened. To this end, we have agreed to comply
with the concerns presented by Sequentia Capital's lawyers and have decided as an
act of goodwill to delete this thread before the end of the day.
Forum Admin

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 17, 2013, 09:14:44 am by LincsRover »
Worrying - does JR Know this?  Genuine question.

:unsure:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 17, 2013, 09:16:18 am by roversdude »

I agree with SC bad men on VSC bad bad men lol

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 17, 2013, 09:18:56 am by roversdude »
By the way Oslo how dated does "wireless" sound now

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 17, 2013, 10:02:06 am by DonnyRTID »

they did not seem to be any bounce or spring in his voice if you understand my point

It's hardly surprising the way everyone's doubting his nous!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 17, 2013, 10:04:21 am by Wellred »

Everyone? or just the VSC luddites.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 17, 2013, 10:10:34 am by Glyn_Wigley »

So what do you know about SC that we don't that would make you happy for DRFC's future to be left entirely in their hands?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 17, 2013, 10:16:34 am by Wellred »

So what do you know about SC that we don't that would make you happy for DRFC's future to be left entirely in their hands?

I probably know as much about them as you...................very little.
I want my club to play in the Premiership (hopefully in my lifetime). If this means someone else coming in and taking over the club then I haven't got a problem with it.

I certainly don't buy this maintaining the status quo and wouldn't be happy to play our football in league 1 if we have a chance of going in the opposite direction.

Any successful business will have taken risks to get where they want to be.

"Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all!"

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 17, 2013, 10:19:36 am by River Don »
Why do we know so little about them? Why the secrecy?

It wasn't the case when JR took over. It wasn't the case when he brought the KM2 on board.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 17, 2013, 10:21:49 am by Glyn_Wigley »

And yet you seem ready to hand them they keys for the promise of a day in the sun.

This is not about not trusting JR. Everybody can make a mistake with the best of intentions, including JR. We would not be acting as a true friend of JR and DRFC if we didn't try to make sure he wasn't making a mistake. At the moment we don't know that he is or not - and that's the problem. If proper safeguards are in place as part of any takeover we'd have no problem at all.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 17, 2013, 10:22:54 am by Wellred »
Why do we know so little about them? Why the secrecy?

It wasn't the case when JR took over. It wasn't the case when he brought the KM2 on board.

It was secret until it happened!!

Companies don't negotiate via the press or fans forums in the real world.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 17, 2013, 10:24:36 am by Wellred »

And yet you seem ready to hand them they keys for the promise of a day in the sun.

This is not about not trusting JR. Everybody can make a mistake with the best of intentions, including JR. We would not be acting as a true friend of JR and DRFC if we didn't try to make sure he wasn't making a mistake. At the moment we don't know that he is or not - and that's the problem. If proper safeguards are in place as part of any takeover we'd have no problem at all.

I am as much likely to hand them the keys for a promise of a day in the sun as you and your cronies seem hell bent on stopping it.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 17, 2013, 10:27:01 am by Glyn_Wigley »

I am as much likely to hand them the keys for a promise of a day in the sun as you and your cronies seem hell bent on stopping it.

None of us are 'hell bent' on stopping anything that is good for DRFC.

You already admit you don't know whether this is good for DRFC or not so I don't know why you're attacking people who are trying to find out whether it is or not.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 17, 2013, 10:27:18 am by bobjimwilly »

I resent that remark Wellred. Thoroughly underserved, especially when you're talking about people you don't even know.
We would all embrace change as much as the next person - look at our relationship with the new CEO!

You can start name calling all you want, it doesn't make your argument for selling our club to an unknown buyer, because 1/3 of the board want to, any stronger.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 17, 2013, 10:29:15 am by bobjimwilly »

Do you think Pompey fans have enjoyed their ride recently? Or Coventry fans? I'm afraid there's no arguing with fans who would risk our club in such a way for one shot at the premiership (did anyone tell you promotion isn't guaranteed by the way?)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012