Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 08:11:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The unsung hero  (Read 3338 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
The unsung hero
« on August 17, 2013, 08:34:05 am by Branton Rover »
We all know that Richie Wellens is an outstanding footballer & man of the match last night in my opinion but I feel special praise is due to Paul Keegan who without being flashy put in a real shift last night. He was tenacious I'm the tackle & picked out his passes well & his contribution in sitting & holding in front of the back four was impressive

Well done Keegs

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: The unsung hero
« Reply #1 on August 17, 2013, 08:37:32 am by steve@dcfd »
Totally agree and Dean Furman should have a fight on his hands to get back team for Wigan.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 17, 2013, 09:07:12 am by LincsRover »
It's great to see competition for these places as it means they're fighting for a place and they have to give their all to get a start! Brilliant!

:rtid:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 09:22:32 am by LincsRover »

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 17, 2013, 09:20:16 am by Donnyrovers »
Totally agree and Dean Furman should have a fight on his hands to get back team for Wigan.

He shouldn't get back in the team for Wigan, Keegan got his opportunity last night and he took it so he should get the nod for Wigan.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 17, 2013, 09:24:01 am by LincsRover »
I think, injuries/knocks aside, that PD will be hard pushed to change the team at all after last nights performance!

:woohoo:

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 17, 2013, 09:37:02 am by RUPRECHT »
Keegan was outstanding, great to have such competition for places in the middle

dodge

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 17, 2013, 09:43:16 am by dodge »
Throw Fernandes and Forrester in and thats quite the midfield headache. Thats where PD earns his money, picking the right players/midfield for the opposition and last night he nailed it

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 17, 2013, 10:44:45 am by andyst79 »
Like how he always looks to hit Brownys feet even with a man on and never afraid to have a dig. Played very well last night and a lot of the stuff he does goes unnoticed.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 17, 2013, 10:46:56 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Nice to hear him get some praise as a lot didn't think he'd be able to step up to this level.  Has to stay in the team for Wigan on Tuesday

ponte_ricky

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 17, 2013, 12:09:24 pm by ponte_ricky »
He was definitely one of the most improved players last season. I really didn't rate him at the startof last season but by the end I thought he was brilliant. The guy is just really solid.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 17, 2013, 12:13:55 pm by RobTheRover »
He's definitely improved a lot since he joined us. I agree he was very good indeed last night. He has that discipline to his game where he knows exactly where he should be for the good of the team.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 17, 2013, 12:19:56 pm by River Don »
You know what, I'm not sure he's improved that drastically, though he has. I think it is more he's being played in a role and in a system that suits his qualities best.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 17, 2013, 01:07:57 pm by silent majority »
I thought he looked fitter and stronger. Remember he struggled most of last season with injury (or was that the season before?)

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 17, 2013, 01:13:06 pm by drfcbenny625 »
Anyone who was as Brentford will know how crucial he was in that 2nd half. We were getting overun in the midfield and he came on and sured us up

ponte_ricky

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 17, 2013, 03:56:12 pm by ponte_ricky »
 :that:

Thought he looked brilliant when he came on at brentford.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 17, 2013, 06:14:36 pm by Al4475 »
For every midfield play-maker there has to be a destroyer to allow said play-maker to play - strange how the majority of these guys seem to be one of either a cult favourite or everyone's favourite scapegoat - there never seems to be any middle ground!

Keegan did a grand job last night and deserves his plaudits! Others have also done grand jobs in the past and been vilified (Keegs included.)

Top job PK and a set of midfield players for us to be very excited about!

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 17, 2013, 09:09:59 pm by djoftherovers1 »
I hope you lot are taking the piss, he gave the ball away, bottled tackles and can only pass backwards.. Awful player and shouldn't even be on the bench never mind playing..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 17, 2013, 09:12:49 pm by RedJ »
I hope you lot are taking the piss, he gave the ball away, bottled tackles and can only pass backwards.. Awful player and shouldn't even be on the bench never mind playing..

What game were you watching again? and what player never gives the ball away? he passed backwards when there was no other safe option, or do you want him to try spraying passes about and lose the ball even more?

Come off it. Even Norfolk can see Keegan had a good game and that's f**king saying something.

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 17, 2013, 09:23:19 pm by djoftherovers1 »
Majority of time we played around him, we gave him the ball and he lost it. He bottled most tackles he's not a championship player get furman back for wigan.  horses for courses... He's ok for the glue factory.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 17, 2013, 09:27:42 pm by StocktonRover »
Majority of time we played around him, we gave him the ball and he lost it. He bottled most tackles he's not a championship player get furman back for wigan.  horses for courses... He's ok for the glue factory.
What were you drinking - whatever it was, I need to avoid it as it seems to warp your perception!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 17, 2013, 09:43:15 pm by RedJ »

Sorry what's this? we passed the ball to Wellens and our wingers more than the player that's designated the holding man? oh yeah, why would we play the ball to our best passing player and the lads that are meant to bomb on down the wing and hit in a cross more than the defending midfielder? come off it.

He didn't bottle tackles either. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's Xavi but he's not as bad as you seem to be making him out to be.

Malc Morling

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 17, 2013, 10:09:52 pm by Malc Morling »
 :thumbsup:Agree  i thought all 10 plus both subs were brill one of the best all round team performance i've seen for many a year watching the lads. like to finnish off please PD get Richie signed up we cannot affor :rtid:d to lose himl

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 17, 2013, 10:19:38 pm by CraigyBoy »
Keegan isn't a good player. Furman is better than him and Fernandez may even be better than him and wellens!? If Keegan had played exactly the same ad he did last night but we had lost everyone would have been mentioning his poor distribution, his bad marking, his inability to pick up runners from midfield, and his poor passing. Fernandez, furman, and wellens (if he stays) are the ones fighting for the two centre spots.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 17, 2013, 10:37:01 pm by StocktonRover »
Keegan isn't a good player. Furman is better than him and Fernandez may even be better than him and wellens!? If Keegan had played exactly the same ad he did last night but we had lost everyone would have been mentioning his poor distribution, his bad marking, his inability to pick up runners from midfield, and his poor passing. Fernandez, furman, and wellens (if he stays) are the ones fighting for the two centre spots.
FFS - lets enjoy the performance of the whole team including your fecking fallguy.
Theres absolutely nothing to be gained by slagging off a player when its not deserved.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 18, 2013, 05:43:10 am by LincsRover »
 :that: We'll lose plenty of games this season so the doom merchants and slaggers's off will get their say and their voices heard loud & clear so after a performance and result like Friday night lets at least enjoy it and acknowledge the team did good!

:rtid:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #25 on August 18, 2013, 08:07:30 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
On a number of occasions when they were running at us he took the ball carrier where he didn't want to go and prevented them getting a pass off. Sounds easy but too many times without him they run through us like a knife thru butter. There was a short passage of ole football and Keegan played his part. He's so underestimated.

Bretby Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 18, 2013, 08:35:24 am by Bretby Rover »
There was so many good performances from the whole team. For me Chris Brown set the tone right from the start with his closing down of their defenders. So unlucky not to get a goal. Very pleased and nothing to moan about

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 18, 2013, 08:48:05 am by graingrover »
Please please note the name is Marc de Val . Fernandez is his mother's name  but he is called DE VAL . Make him feel understood and known by using the right name it will cost you less to have his real name on your shirt too. 

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 18, 2013, 08:52:54 am by dickos1 »
Some people really have no idea

OxonViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 18, 2013, 09:50:46 am by OxonViking »
Craigyboy disagrees with everyone shock!
I'm more surprised he reels some of you in!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012