Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 08:11:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wednesday tickets?  (Read 12026 times)

ad1982

• Forum Member
Re: Wednesday tickets?
« Reply #60 on September 07, 2013, 03:54:27 pm by ad1982 »
Because we don't have the fan base to compete. Simple.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on September 07, 2013, 03:57:23 pm by scaley back rover »
are you serious ??????  you think that £29 for me then £18 for my three year old is good value? i dont and many others dont . I was talking abot this last night and sll agreed that the prices are expensive. I have spent tens of thousands of pounds watching rovers over the years. When i was single it was fine but now i have a family a mortgage to pay along with the bills £70 for tickets and travel (nothing else) for 90mins of football is ridiculous. I could go with my family to a theme park for a whole day and prob still have change from that.

Also i have a reasonably paid job so yes i can afford it but on princable i am not paying out that . If that makes me a pathetic fan as you call it thats fine  by me  as clearly you dont know the lengths and distance i have done to follow rovers . I am sure though that the fans we have who cant afford it will appreciate your comments though . As much as anyone loves supporting the rovers i am sure they have other priorities to see to before they pay to watch a match such as food, housing and bills they also must be pathetic too .

As i have said before if you can justify and afford going then fair enough but i and many cant but by paying it your letting them get away with it. If its being part of a laughing stock your worried about u should man up a bit i think as its you who is being pathetic

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on September 07, 2013, 08:22:41 pm by RedRover45 »
Well said Scaley

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on September 07, 2013, 08:45:38 pm by Mr1Croft »
But (and I'm only saying this to play devils advocate, the ticket prices are appalling) with it being one of the (if not the) closest away games it works out roughly the same as an away game at somewhere like Bolton when you consider the reduced price in travelling.

As for juniors (under 16) Barnsley charge £16 for 11-16s.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on September 08, 2013, 12:07:46 am by DonnyRTID »
That's not the point though is it! I've spent a couple of hundred pounds a time on some away games (travel, hotel & tickets included but I refuse to spend anything above £30 for a ticket. Vote with your feet!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on September 08, 2013, 02:22:42 am by Mr1Croft »
Oh I understand its a matter or principle for many people and I don't blame anyone who isn't going because of the price either, it will be a rather expensive day for people taking children etc.,

I had the same conversation with my younger brother earlier, he's 15 and went to both Charlton and Wigan but says he isn't going to Wednesday now because it's £18 for his ticket. I just found that a bit strange when it would probably still be the cheapest overall away day for him when you factor in the travel prices.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on September 08, 2013, 12:51:51 pm by Rios »
But (and I'm only saying this to play devils advocate, the ticket prices are appalling) with it being one of the (if not the) closest away games it works out roughly the same as an away game at somewhere like Bolton when you consider the reduced price in travelling.

As for juniors (under 16) Barnsley charge £16 for 11-16s.

Given that I live four miles from Bolton I'd say no!   :P

Was going to this, am not now due to the ticket price.  I will similarly be boycotting both Leeds and Ipswich and any other away games where the ticket price is unjustifiably high.  I'm not expecting every club to be able to do what Wigan do (who are using parachute money to subsidise tickets) but I don't expect to be ripped off either and can see no reason why the second tier of English football has any justification for charging more than £25 for adults and £15 for kids.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on September 08, 2013, 12:54:51 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Better saving your money and supporting the club at home and at least Rovers get the money

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on September 09, 2013, 10:38:39 am by not on facebook »
looking at the price for them match tickets for sure so r fans will stand back and think 'fcuk that i will give This game a miss'

I guess the high price will effect Dads taking lads or familys attending the game the most,which in turn will have knock on effects Much more down the years.

Also Its going to price out males or friends in large groups going to the game,as think about it close on 30
Pounds is 7pints if you was sat in yer local on the lash
With yer mates who gave the game a miss for that reason.

alot Of People might be put off going after reading This Thread When you think about it.

As if you  think that only a few rovers fans will turn up
The atmosphere will be lacking and the dayout less attractive .

So then more fans jump onto the motion that Its too
exspensive to go to said game,but really Its a cop out
which could be known as the ...sheff weds flu....

if This was the last game ofte season just like brentford
Last term with the same circumstances standing on the result...

how many would still go?

This problem will be something that football in whole will have to solve as prices keep on going up.

What will like Of  sheff weds be changing for same game in 5 years time?

over 30 pounds for sure and maybe a couple Of quid short Of 35pounds for adults.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on September 09, 2013, 11:07:16 am by MrFrost »
Plenty of people saying they aren't going?
Who is actually still going to go. As i'm unable to get to Huddersfield now, i'll be making the trip to Sheffield. Will still be the cheapest away game of the season, despite the ticket cost.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on September 09, 2013, 04:38:45 pm by bobjimwilly »
£29 is disgusting for 1 1/2 hours entertainment (if it's a decent game). When you compare football with other sources of entertainment, it's no wonder the floating fans decide against football. The only people who pay these prices are the die-hard, long-term fans; it's us that are getting "punished" for supporting our clubs through thick and thin, and it's simply disgusting.

Shame on you Sheffield Wednesday.

I hope we don't do the same thing to their fans when we play them at home either - it's not the fans' fault, it's the greed of the directors.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on September 09, 2013, 04:49:33 pm by IDM »
I think it's pathetic people are not gonna bother going over the sake of paying a few more quid.
You'd go if it was 25.

Why is it only out fans with this attitude?
As I said Barnsley will take 4000 plus there, they won't be moaning about paying a few quid extra. Are Barnsley supporters that much better off? No, they are just more passionate and willing to support their team at all costs.

Our support is frankly pathetic. We've sold what 400 tickets so far for a local derby at Huddersfield. We might shift 1000 if we are lucky.

The Wednesday game, it will be less, and again we will be a laughing stock. Another example of why we shouldn't be in this league.

Why does having a smaller fan base make us a laughing stock?

Having been struggling at the bottom of the Conference only 15 years ago, and now in our second stint in the championship (3 divisions higher) in the last few years, why are we a laughing stock?

If you think we're that bad, go watch someone else..

And yes, folks do draw the line somewhere with ticket prices.  Yes, it is only a few quid more than £25, but if there a few going from each family, that few quid adds up to a lot.

I think £29 is too much, and £25/26 is probably my limit.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on September 09, 2013, 07:56:41 pm by bobjimwilly »
and let's not forget it's blooming swillsborough! You'll be lucky if you're not sat behind a column or two. They've also been known to ban alcohol in the away end for some matches  :chair:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on September 09, 2013, 11:16:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
We had this with this bunch of Kitsons a couple of years back.

They are playing fast and loose with the FL rules. They charge the same price for seats on the Leppings Lane end as they do for seats in the North Stand for home fans. By FL rules, that imues that the facilities and seats are of a similar quality.

The North Stand is a cantilever with unobstructed views and covered concourses for toilets and bars.
The Leppings Lane upper tier has 2 sets of 4 columns between the fans and the pitch, and uncovered concourses where you will get soaked if it is raining.

As I recall, we complained about this in 2010 and they reduced the away ticket prices.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on September 09, 2013, 11:22:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And what they are doing with the kids prices is scandalous. Kids tickets in the Kop and North Stand are £6-9 for Owls members. £18 for non members. So they look after their own and have a disgraceful price as a "standard" so they can shaft away fans.

Utter, utter scum. A f**king disgrace and worthy of an official complaint to the League. A classic example of working round the letter of the rules whilst totally flouting the spirit.

Malc Morling

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on September 09, 2013, 11:52:02 pm by Malc Morling »
 :headbang:About time we charged like for like 2 away fans :welcome: Yes they are put come on it should b one price trougth out the lq your in.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012