Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 08:16:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Price for Leeds away next March 36 QUID AND £18 FOR U16!!!!!!!!!  (Read 10414 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
36 quid for adults £18 for U16 (cat a price)

another attendance that will suffer

another game I wont be going to.

Are we strong enough as a group of supporters to stand together and  boycott this one fixture?

Something has got to change, something has to be done. If We continue to pay it, they will continue to charge it.

#twentysplenty

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Price for Leeds away next March 36 QUID AND £18 FOR U16!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on September 28, 2013, 09:25:52 pm by KieronDRFC »
No. Nobody's going to care if 2,000 donny fans dont turn up and its not going to make the slightest bit of difference to their pricing structure. I'll be going and supporting my team no matter what.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 28, 2013, 09:29:30 pm by Rovers Return »
Normally all away games but you have to make a stand at some point and I will not spend £36 and £18 each for the bin lids

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 28, 2013, 09:38:49 pm by normal rules »
Kieron - I chose to sit at home today in Lincolnshire listening to radio Sheffield. I supported my team from afar. I really wanted to be at Hillsborough today. I was there the last time we played there. In many ways I was actually there getting texts from my good friend Derek coupled wih the live commentary.

I, like many others, chose not to go on principle, not because I don't support my team, but because I feel that enough is enough with regard to matchday ticket prices at some clubs.

I am 43, have a mortgage and family. I have plenty of disposable income being lucky enough to have a salaried well paid job. I really fear though for my 16 yr old son - who is a massive rovers fan now having travelled around the countrywith me following our team.

The price hikes over the last ten years will make football unaffordable at it present rate for much more of the populous that it is currently. this is my fear. I love our national game , but a line has to be drawn at some point. Support for your team, I understand is unconditionable. The cost of this support has to have conditions for those of us with other financial constraints.

I wish rovers well at ER. I was there with my lad when stocky scored the free kick on that memorable day. Its was 20 quid then for me and a fiver for my lad. A good day out, and affordable. If I recall there was 4000 rovers there too, balloons and all.

There wont be anywhere near that number there next march; which is sad, and avoidable if clubs priced tickets right.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 28, 2013, 09:44:20 pm by normal rules »
58% of the 116 who voted on the Hillsborough ticket price poll did not go today purely because of the cost. That's just the vsc members who voted. Spread this across the whole rovers supporters spectrum and you get an idea of how big a deal this is.

I speak to a broad range of football supporters at all league levels and it is becoming an increasing problem, from premiership to non league.

Its getting too expensive - simple as that.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
NR i agree i wont be going to Leeds either based on price adult prices are over the top but the kids prices are just crackers. I too have other priorities that i could spend that kind of money on . I have another kid on way too i think that away games will be few and far between for my kids and i think its a real shame as when i came back to the UK it was one of the things i was looking forward to most watching my team play away from home.

I just hope we keep prices sensible at home to allow me to take my kids to enjoy , something that i was able to enjoy with my dad when i was growing up. It gets you thinking though if kids are getting priced out already at some clubs where is their future support going to come from? 

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 28, 2013, 10:14:06 pm by idler »
I took my 9 year old grandson to watch Thackley today.
I paid £5 for us to get in I had 2 pints at £2.20  a go, £1 for a fruitshoot and £1 for a programme.
I bought £4 worth of raffle tickets. All for less than it would have cost for a ticket for today's game at Hillsborough.
That's before petrol money from Bradford and back.
No contest really.
The only two away games that I am definitely going to now are Birmingham and Blackburn, two grounds that I haven't visited.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 28, 2013, 10:54:32 pm by Rovers Return »
I bought the tickets for our lot together for today. Two kids, five adults one of which is just 18........£191.00. Week in Spain costs the same.....full board

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 28, 2013, 11:01:31 pm by KieronDRFC »
I agree the prices are ridiculous. My point was if little old donny dont take any fans to leeds its hardly going to send shock waves through the football league is it. It wont make any difference.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 28, 2013, 11:02:39 pm by dknward2 »
Leeds do it to try and out price away fans from going so it cuts down on any atmosphere from away and so you can only hear the home fans

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 29, 2013, 12:59:58 am by Mr1Croft »
I agree the prices are ridiculous. My point was if little old donny dont take any fans to leeds its hardly going to send shock waves through the football league is it. It wont make any difference.

Would it really make NO difference if one team (doesn't have to be us) doesn't take a single fan to Elland Road? Can you imagine the coverage that kind of 'silent' protest would get?

I'm not discouraging anyone going by the way, its up to Rovers fans whether they can afford those prices and whether they want to pay those prices. Just pointing out that while fans keep paying, football clubs will keep charging it...

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 29, 2013, 01:15:33 am by mushRTID »
For all the whinging about todays price I thought the away following was brilliant.

Steve DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 29, 2013, 01:18:02 am by Steve DRFC »
Gotta admit a went today, but £36 is gunna out price me again for this fixture. Wonder if can pull off been a 16 year old
 :whistle:

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 29, 2013, 07:08:21 am by PDX_Rover »
I think these 'big' clubs think the recession didn't happen.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 29, 2013, 07:15:06 am by MiKA »
I went today but won't be going to Dirty Leeds at those prices so thats minus 2 going.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 29, 2013, 07:54:58 am by hoolahoop »
We won't be going either . Enough is enough and an empty 'away'end will be commented on .........far too expensive and I hope we make an en masse stand for this game.
It's ridiculous that most clubs seeking to win the next generation of fans appears to be discouraging them now from going.

Please please MAKE A STAND for this game, STAY AWAY AND DON'T GO AWAY !!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 29, 2013, 08:11:20 am by donnievic »
The best thing to do in mass is go and just don't go in the ground,just stand outside.not to far to go and do that.but does need a lot to do it and not just a few.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 29, 2013, 08:12:52 am by Nudga »
The best thing to do in mass is go and just don't go in the ground,just stand outside.not to far to go and do that.but does need a lot to do it and not just a few.

That would be suicide round that way, plus you would just get moved on by the Fuzz for this reason.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 29, 2013, 09:16:32 am by IDM »
I would go and pay £36 if this fixture was either:

a. It was a late in the season potential promotion/relegation decider.
b. Our first visit to ER ever, or for decades when I'd never been before (like in 2008).
c. I had enough spare cash regularly to follow DRFC everywhere.
d. I wanted to tick off ER as a ground I had never been to before.
e. My ticket was a gift from someone else.
f. A late-round cup tie.

And any of the above are dependent on if I can actually go due to other commitments.

It is strange how we'll consider a cheaper but distant away fixture with much higher travel costs than a local one with higher ticket prices.  However, when you go by car the travel cost is independent of whether you go alone or with a car full.  In the latter case the ticket prices make a big difference.

For this season's match at ER I probably can afford the ticket comfortably but like many games this season I may not be able to go anyway due to family commitments.  However, at £36 a pop I won't feel like I've missed out...

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
I thought that I would rummage in my ticket box and hunt out this season's ticket prices for my away trips;

Leicester £28
Ipswich £43
Bolton £33
Millwall £26
Derby County £32

So are Wednesday's (even Leeds' tbh) prices that harsh, comparison wise?  At the end of the day, football is an optional extra/luxury.  Its a hobby, an obsessional one, I admit, but not food or energy.  The industry that I work in has been hit harder by the recession than most, and pay rises have been non existent for 5 out of the last six years and I decided that to justify my continued away support, I would have to eliminate some of the other optional extra/luxuries in my life.  So I cancelled my Sky Sports Subscription and rarely go out for a drink other than a Saturday now.

I can't help thinking that if I were a Donny fan, the money I saved by not going yesterday would appear poor compensation for missing a victory at Hillsborough, which travel cost wise, must be your cheapest of the season.  Principles are a fine thing, but since when, in general, have football clubs given a flying f*** about their own fans, never mind those of opposing teams?

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
I thought that I would rummage in my ticket box and hunt out this season's ticket prices for my away trips;

Leicester £28
Ipswich £43
Bolton £33
Millwall £26
Derby County £32

So are Wednesday's (even Leeds' tbh) prices that harsh, comparison wise?  At the end of the day, football is an optional extra/luxury.  Its a hobby, an obsessional one, I admit, but not food or energy.  The industry that I work in has been hit harder by the recession than most, and pay rises have been non existent for 5 out of the last six years and I decided that to justify my continued away support, I would have to eliminate some of the other optional extra/luxuries in my life.  So I cancelled my Sky Sports Subscription and rarely go out for a drink other than a Saturday now.

I can't help thinking that if I were a Donny fan, the money I saved by not going yesterday would appear poor compensation for missing a victory at Hillsborough, which travel cost wise, must be your cheapest of the season.  Principles are a fine thing, but since when, in general, have football clubs given a flying f*** about their own fans, never mind those of opposing teams?

PS Sold my Reading Ticket but that was £32!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 29, 2013, 10:00:18 am by Padge_DRFC »
Leeds wil get charged more as it will always be a category A game

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 29, 2013, 10:26:04 am by Pintolager »
I won't be going to Leeds either, on principle! If more football fans protest has as being mentioned then sooner or later, the message will get through. If it's going to cost £32 for Derby, then that is another match I won't be going to especially with it being played the Saturday before Christmas.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 29, 2013, 10:50:50 am by donnievic »
Don't think it's the adult prices fans are moaning about at Wednesday as such it's more the kids prices at £18

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #24 on September 29, 2013, 11:23:56 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I can't believe some of you are justifying these adult prices as reasonable. I admire the sacrifices some make for the love of football but maybe my values are out of touch. I believe football should be accessible and easily affordable to anyone who enjoys watching live football. If it is cheaper to watch wall to wall football on TV rather participate in a live community event with mates, family and likeminded people, then we have really lost the plot. Close the stands in favour of pay per view 'Club X' TV where you can choose your own angles and replays and hurl abuse by Twitter feed. Attendances judged on viewing figures.

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 29, 2013, 11:50:44 am by KieronDRFC »

Would it really make NO difference if one team (doesn't have to be us) doesn't take a single fan to Elland Road? Can you imagine the coverage that kind of 'silent' protest would get?

I'm not discouraging anyone going by the way, its up to Rovers fans whether they can afford those prices and whether they want to pay those prices. Just pointing out that while fans keep paying, football clubs will keep charging it...

No it wouldnt. It would get mentioned briefly on soccer saturday and it would have a little article on the bbc football website. It would be forgotten about within a week.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 29, 2013, 12:05:44 pm by IDM »
Don't think it's the adult prices fans are moaning about at Wednesday as such it's more the kids prices at £18

I think the kids prices are a real big issue.  A fluctuation of a few £ for one adult ticket isn't too much of a problem if you go alone, but if you have 3 kids (future fans etc) prices like £18 are going to be very off-putting...

It was £10 for under 18s at Charlton, and £18 at Wednesday.  80% difference!!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 29, 2013, 12:10:57 pm by River Don »
They can keep that n'all.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 29, 2013, 12:29:32 pm by River Don »

Actually a complete botcott of this fixture would probably be a good thing.

I know it is unlikely to happen, some will always follow the Rovers. That is admirable but if we continue to accept these prices nothing will ever change.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 29, 2013, 05:12:39 pm by normal rules »

man city sent back 1000 tickets for their game at arsenal last year and it made national news.

we could set a precedent by being the first club to properly botcott a game in recent years.

something has to be done.

why not little old Donny.

boycott the leeds game I say.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012