Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:53:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sorry SoD  (Read 29294 times)

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
Re: Sorry SoD
« Reply #120 on October 26, 2013, 04:32:20 pm by MrWoodySir »
All is forgiven SO'D.  :laugh:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on October 26, 2013, 04:32:59 pm by BigColSutherland »
3-1 up. He wouldn't let a lead like that slip would he...

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on October 26, 2013, 04:41:12 pm by Chris Black come back »
Carlisle got one back. Now 3-2.

We all know what happens next.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on October 26, 2013, 04:44:11 pm by MrWoodySir »
^^^^ Oh dear lads.  :facepalm: :thumbsup:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on October 26, 2013, 04:45:19 pm by Chris Black come back »
Would you believe it they have scored!

SOD strike back! Bristol City 4-2 up.

Cue 10 game winning run.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on October 26, 2013, 04:47:08 pm by MrWoodySir »
Have to say happy for SOD IF they go on to win this now, did a lot for this club whatever some suggest.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on October 26, 2013, 04:48:49 pm by RedJ »
Have to say happy for SOD IF they go on to win this now, did a lot for this club whatever some suggest.

Nobody can deny he did a lot for the club. It's the way some people go on about him as if he's some sort of God, and as if he's still actually here it seems with some, that grates me.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on October 26, 2013, 04:52:41 pm by MrWoodySir »

Nobody can deny he did a lot for the club. It's the way some people go on about him as if he's some sort of God, and as if he's still actually here it seems with some, that grates me.
Oh, he should have gone when he did... we'd gone into a rut...although what went on after that was even worse. One thing I can say is that we wouldn't have come back up with SO'D in charge.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on October 26, 2013, 04:57:43 pm by Wellred »
I thought this was a Doncaster Rovers forum??

Let it go for goodness sake.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on October 26, 2013, 05:02:00 pm by MrWoodySir »

This from a man who's posted numerous times on this thread.  :byebye:

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on October 26, 2013, 05:06:35 pm by Jimmydee »
A J.E.T hat trick too.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on October 26, 2013, 05:11:04 pm by Alickismyhero »
Welread

DON'T BOTHER READING THIS IT MIGHT DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH.

What a game at Carlisle. City go one down having played some good football, same old same old, best team but losing, ring any bells.

City's best defender Dunk, yes Dunk goes off injured in the first half. Things look very black for City at this point. Lewis guy still falls over alot and subbed in 2nd  half. Chimbonda hardly setting the game alight even at this level. JET scores 2 goals in 2mins to take the lead. If City win this game they are off the bottom and the day of execution is delayed. Wagstaff makes it 3-1 but the cross from JET was superb. Carlisle get a goal back 3-2 a goal mouth scramble. Jet gets his hat trick now 4-2 he has had one hell of a game and when subbed applauded by both sets of supporters. JET scored 3 and set one up sounds as though he is maturing in to a great player.

Sean won't be on his bike tonight

I apologise to all those who have no time for Sean but I thought this game had a lot of interest because of our old players/manager that were involved today.

I wish them all well including young Lewis.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on October 26, 2013, 05:49:31 pm by eastender »
Welread

What a game at Carlisle. City go one down having played some good football, same old same old, best team but losing, ring any bells.

City's best defender Dunk, yes Dunk goes off injured in the first half. Things look very black for City at this point. Lewis guy still falls over alot and subbed in 2nd  half. Chimbonda hardly setting the game alight even at this level. JET scores 2 goals in 2mins to take the lead. If City win this game they are off the bottom and the day of execution is delayed. Wagstaff makes it 3-1 but the cross from JET was superb. Carlisle get a goal back 3-2 a goal mouth scramble. Jet gets his hat trick now 4-2 he has had one hell of a game and when subbed applauded by both sets of supporters. JET scored 3 and set one up sounds as though he is maturing in to a great player.

I wouldn't be so sure, remember the last time a SOD's team won 4-2.

Forest 4 - 2 Leeds ....... :whistle:

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on October 26, 2013, 06:03:30 pm by Alickismyhero »
Yes I know exactly what you mean but on this occasion the Chairman has not said "his job is safe" the kiss of death. I am sure that he knows he is not out of the woods yet things can change very fast in football.

Putting that to one side JET had a fantastic game today and even the Carlisle supporters fully appreciated his performance.

Talking about Forest did you see their result? Webster scored, good lad.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 06:06:25 pm by Alickismyhero »

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on October 26, 2013, 06:10:26 pm by StocktonRover »
It's not f**king good at all!
We need Yeovil to be the whipping boys of this league, especially against top half teams.

Oh and SOD is long gone, let it rest now

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on October 26, 2013, 06:24:48 pm by Wellred »

This from a man who's posted numerous times on this thread.  :byebye:

Almost but not quite as many times as you!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on October 26, 2013, 06:29:12 pm by Wellred »
Welread

I apologise to all those who have no time for Sean but I thought this game had a lot of interest because of our old players/manager that were involved today.

I wish them all well including young Lewis.

My health is fine thanks sodismyhero.

In fact it improves every time I read one of your posts. Laughing is good for your health, didn't you know?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on October 26, 2013, 06:34:21 pm by Alickismyhero »
Welred,

I am happy to entertain you and pleased you received it in the right way.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on October 26, 2013, 06:43:35 pm by Wellred »
No problem sodismyhero far too many people take things far too seriously on here  ;)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on October 26, 2013, 07:03:41 pm by Alickismyhero »
It's not f***ing good at all!
We need Yeovil to be the whipping boys of this league, especially against top half teams.

Stockton,
I never brought the subject up if you want to protest take it to the OP but you could just ignore the article. I think by being so critical you actually create a debate when you would rather there was none. just a thought!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on October 26, 2013, 07:09:57 pm by Copps is Magic »

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on October 26, 2013, 07:48:05 pm by StocktonRover »
It's not f***ing good at all!

Stockton,
I never brought the subject up if you want to protest take it to the OP but you could just ignore the article. I think by being so critical you actually create a debate when you would rather there was none. just a thought!

Alick,
the main thrust of my response was about the apparent glee of Webster scoring - it didn't please me as a Rovers fan.

As for fawning on and on about SOD, it is time we left it in the past.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with debate, but debate that goes in circles regurgitating the same old same old adds nothing constructive and only serves to keep alive a division amongst some fans.

SOD did have a period when I thought that he was a brilliant manager, however prior to his dismissal my opinion changed and I though that he had turned into a shit manager.
I was over the moon to see the back of him at that time.

Since then he's moved on more than once and doesn't interest me anymore as he is not a part of my club.

Rather than feed this divisive trend, why not just leave it in the past unless something genuinely new and relevant comes up.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on October 26, 2013, 08:17:15 pm by Alickismyhero »
SR,
I will say it again........ I did not bring the subject matter of Sean up in fact I never do. Now if you take that to its natural conclusion, from my point of view, SOD would never get a mention on this forum. But if some one brings him up why shouldn't I make a comment?

I have no problem with you taking the view you have but are you directing it at the right person?

When it comes to Webster scoring I am genuine pleased for the lad especially against Forest. Where we differ again is that I am convinced that PD and the team will finish mid table so I am not bothered who finishes in the bottom 3.

I am not on suicide watch because of 1 or 2 bad results and I have confidence in the manager.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on October 26, 2013, 08:21:23 pm by StocktonRover »
Alick,
just to set you straight -my comment about Webster was aimed at your post but my annoyance with all things SOD are a general comment to all.

Have a nice night and let his thread hopefully dissapear into history.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on October 26, 2013, 08:54:55 pm by Alickismyhero »
SR,

If you forget my comment on Webster, there I was thinking you were just referring to me!

My suggestion would be to take it up with the original poster as I reserve the right to comment on any topic if  I think it is relevant.

Good night my friend.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on October 26, 2013, 08:58:10 pm by CusworthRovers »
I've never seen 1 thread started by a positive for SOD since he's left.

I've seen 100's of negative ones since he's left. 

Whilst ever these negative ones are started, the positive ones will keep bouncing back.

I'm his biggest fan and nothing you mofo's write on here will change that. There's nothing in this thread that's not been done to death and there's nothing on here to convince me (or even counter reply) that Sean was incompetent at any point in his tenure here. Pound for pound, happiest and best days at this club under him. 

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on October 26, 2013, 09:05:41 pm by podrover73 »

I've never seen 1 thread started by a positive for SOD since he's left.

I've seen 100's of negative ones since he's left. 

Whilst ever these negative ones are started, the positive ones will keep bouncing back.

I'm his biggest fan and nothing you mofo's write on here will change that. There's nothing in this thread that's not been done to death and there's nothing on here to convince me (or even counter reply) that Sean was incompetent at any point in his tenure here. Pound for pound, happiest and best days at this club under him. 
:that: :that: :that: There is nothing wrong with discussing a former manager or players on here , for some it is nice to see what they do when they move on from the club whether that be manager or player and whether they were liked or not.
If you don't like the topic just don't read it  :scarf:

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on October 26, 2013, 09:45:33 pm by Alickismyhero »
Pod,

If you read back that is exactly what I have been saying. But to be honest the quality of comment on the forum has improved dramatically where there is disagreement.

There have been topics in the past where bullying was taking place which stopped people commenting out of fear but if you take this thread the comments have been moderate by comparison.

Respect is the key word and accepting that others have different opinions and the right to express them.

I don't think there is a more controversial topic than Sean O'Driscoll and the point you make is valid
                                    "If you don't like a topic just ignore it"
There is no need to blow a fuse.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on October 27, 2013, 08:08:46 am by Savvy »
My own view on the Sean O'Driscoll debate is that we missed a massive trick when we let this fella go! We had the opportunity to create a dynasty at this club under his leadership and based on what he'd achieved before he was dismissed, in my opinion he could have been our Bill Shankly in the making. With all the other Yorkshire clubs floundering at the time, if he'd been given the resources and time to continue his football principles at this club there is no telling where he could have taken us and the level of support from the region that would turned up at the keepmoat week in week out!

I expected nothing from Bramall and Watson because in my opinion, neither are football people, however, I expected much better from John Ryan! 

I've never set foot in the stadium from the point of O'Driscolls departure as that sent out a message loud and clear about the clubs future ambitions! Always look for the result and have a look on here from time to time but I can't bring myself to contribute anymore of my disposable income to a club that in my opinion lack direction and genuine ambition!!!!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on October 27, 2013, 09:00:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Savvy

It is, of course, your right to refuse to attend matches since O'Driscoll left. It does though, rather reinforce a feeling that in some people's eyes, the concept of "Sean O'Driscoll" became bigger than the concept of "Doncaster Rovers".

Yes he produced some wonderful, wonderful football. But he was not flawless, and there is a strong argument that he had lost his grip by 2011. Recall that by that time, we had a wage bill approaching £9m by all accounts, yet we the 2 goalkeepers and 4 centre backs that we had were all, within 2 years, playing Division 4 football, or unable to get a game anywhere. That suggests that something had gone badly wrong with the management of the squad. A squad that had Sullivan, Woods, Lockwood, Martis, Hird and Naylor as options for the most important core of the side was always going to need a miracle to survive in Tier 2 and I cannot for the life of me understand how we ended up paying so much for a squad that was so critically weak in these positions.

Hey ho. He was only human.

Thing is, over the last 18 months Savvy, you've missed us put together a very different style of team. Yes it is usually less easy on the eye than O'Driscoll's teams. But it also costs significantly less in wages. And, Friday night notwithstanding, it has a steel that we rarely saw in O'Driscoll's sides. That is a vitally important facet of football.

And by the way, it is Bramall and Watson who are providing the funding to allow us to find this team. The ticket income still doesn't cover expenditure. In part because some people refuse to go to matches.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012