Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 06:46:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time for Dickov to go  (Read 7760 times)

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
Time for Dickov to go
« on November 06, 2013, 07:35:29 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »
The honey moon period is well and truly over.

What the Oldham fans told us is coming true. We had the opportunity to get a result out of a poor performance on Saturday and what happened? He just hasn't got that tactical know how to get results in tight games. His team-set ups at times have been suicidal but we got away with it against rusty teams at the start of the season. He signed too many midfielders which means injuries to players in other areas leaves us automatically short. A man who is more interested in waxing his hair and whitening his teeth than instilling a sense of passion into the players is not the man to take this club forward.

The man to replace him: Gary Megson (A man with a magical influence on players, knowledge of local football and who puts his personal appearance second to the needs of the club)

As an honourable Scot he should walk away from the job with his dignity in tact. Back when I was the CEO for a well known fortune 500 company I eventually had to walk away myself as we had just become so dominant in the market a new regulatory body was set up to control our activities. I was headhunted by an international charity and raised record amounts of money. I don't really like the brag out it but that moved ultimately saved thousands of lives.

Time for Dickov to do the same thing and leave.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

leedshayter

• Forum Member
Re: Time for Dickov to go
« Reply #1 on November 06, 2013, 07:41:10 pm by leedshayter »
C@CK!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 06, 2013, 07:42:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I have wracked my brains trying to think of a way to respond to that post without being abusive.

And I failed. So here goes.

Don't be so f***ing daft, and grow up a bit Mick.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #3 on November 06, 2013, 07:42:59 pm by GM-MarkB »

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 06, 2013, 07:47:21 pm by boro_rover »
Can't tell if this is some kind of joke or not? I don't think failing to instill a lack of passion is something you could accuse Dickov of. Did you ever see him play? As someone who says they were CEO of a major company, do you really think knee jerk descisions are wise?
We are not even half way through the season, have had a torrid run of games to start out campaign and Dickov has had to implement his footballing philosophy on the team. Oh and don't forget, we have the second lowest budget in the division and his two big signings (MDV and Forrester) have not been able to play yet due to injury.
Give the man a chance. We might have conceded 11 in 3, but at least he has got a pair of b*llocks to have a go at the opposition. It won't work every week, but he is making a go of it with the limited squad he has at his disposal.
You Sir, are a first class fool.

ponte_ricky

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 06, 2013, 07:50:27 pm by ponte_ricky »
 imagine even sir alex would struggle with a squad as stretched thin as ours.

Ridiculous threaf

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 06, 2013, 07:53:38 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »
C@CK!

You sir, have been reported to the VSC head office for personal abuse. They are probably discussing your future as we speak.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 06, 2013, 07:57:31 pm by graingrover »
CEO of a major Company ????? ... YMBFJ .. HIM a CEO!!!

GM-MarkB

« Reply #8 on November 06, 2013, 07:58:12 pm by GM-MarkB »
C@CK!

You sir, have been reported to the VSC head office for personal abuse. They are probably discussing your future as we speak.

Come on Mick, even you should know that @ isn't part of the alphabet and as such c@ck isn't a word

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 06, 2013, 08:03:06 pm by leedshayter »
Wahoooo

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 06, 2013, 08:06:40 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »
imagine even sir alex would struggle with a squad as stretched thin as ours.

Alex Ferguson wouldn't of signed a team full of midfielders.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 06, 2013, 08:14:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Aye. And he'd have kicked seven shades of shite out of a bell end like you an all.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 06, 2013, 08:18:38 pm by mjg »
Don't be stupid

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 06, 2013, 08:21:16 pm by nice one rovers »
The honey moon period is well and truly over.

What the Oldham fans told us is coming true. We had the opportunity to get a result out of a poor performance on Saturday and what happened? He just hasn't got that tactical know how to get results in tight games. His team-set ups at times have been suicidal but we got away with it against rusty teams at the start of the season. He signed too many midfielders which means injuries to players in other areas leaves us automatically short. A man who is more interested in waxing his hair and whitening his teeth than instilling a sense of passion into the players is not the man to take this club forward.

The man to replace him: Gary Megson (A man with a magical influence on players, knowledge of local football and who puts his personal appearance second to the needs of the club)

As an honourable Scot he should walk away from the job with his dignity in tact. Back when I was the CEO for a well known fortune 500 company I eventually had to walk away myself as we had just become so dominant in the market a new regulatory body was set up to control our activities. I was headhunted by an international charity and raised record amounts of money. I don't really like the brag out it but that moved ultimately saved thousands of lives.

Time for Dickov to do the same thing and leave.

Get off my forum you plonker.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #14 on November 06, 2013, 08:21:28 pm by GM-MarkB »
Do you think we can get the Seven Faces of Mick Man Chu in one thread  :lol:

murham

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 06, 2013, 08:25:51 pm by murham »
Yes
A wind up and not even a good one
Better posts have been taken off
Say no more treat it with the contempt it deserves

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 06, 2013, 08:31:34 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »
This is not a wind-up. I love the club and want it to succeed. I have done extensive research on Megson's wikipedia page and I am convinced he is the right man for the job.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 06, 2013, 08:32:12 pm by Wellred »
I am amazed you got to be CEO of  major company and not know when to use of and have!!!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 06, 2013, 08:36:58 pm by Filo »
Did you become CEO of a major company before or after you were a major fashion designer, or was it inbetween that job and the ships captain job you had?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 06, 2013, 08:39:31 pm by Wellred »
We sure have missed your posts Mick

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 06, 2013, 09:11:17 pm by Nudga »
Is this Carling or that Hampton that used to go on about Billy Kee.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 06, 2013, 09:13:24 pm by wilts rover »
Haven't seen you around for a time R-o-T, have you been away saving the world on a secret UN mission or something? I thought you were in Uganda saving whales? Or was it Wales saving Ugandans? You never did get back to me about your time at British Cycling, just to see if it was around the time I was involved with them too and if we know one another.....
.......or the name of the oil tanker you captained...

It seems like the only job you have never done is manage a football club, anyone would think you were trying to angle an opportunity?

Then again reading your insights on the game you appear to know nothing about it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 06, 2013, 09:15:56 pm by silent majority »
Welcome back Rovers on Thames, your particular brand of shite has been missed somewhat.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 06, 2013, 09:35:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
ROT lets get this right it's not down to the manager or even the playing staff we can afford, our results will come down to the owners who set the budget. They yet again have proved at this level they cannot compete.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 06, 2013, 09:37:29 pm by RedJ »
ROT lets get this right it's not down to the manager or even the playing staff we can afford, our results will come down to the owners who set the budget. They yet again have proved at this level they cannot compete.

Sorry I forgot we were dead last with no points and getting destroyed for 90 minutes each week.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 06, 2013, 09:44:07 pm by steve@dcfd »
Sorry RedJ I did not say that but you keep put your spin on it, it is entertaining.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 06, 2013, 09:48:59 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Thought this was gonna be one of them "Now I've got your attention" threads. Fair enough everyone is entitled to their own opinion but thats one I strongly disagree with.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 06, 2013, 09:57:11 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »

Gary Megson?

0/10 Mick.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 06, 2013, 10:09:41 pm by RedJ »
Sorry RedJ I did not say that but you keep put your spin on it, it is entertaining.
Well that's pretty much what you're arguing is going to happen. We're not absolutely loaded so we'll end up getting absolutely arseholed each weekend because the board don't give a f**k about us eh.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 06, 2013, 10:13:38 pm by RTID75 »
This is not a wind-up. I love the club and want it to succeed. I have done extensive research on Megson's wikipedia page and I am convinced he is the right man for the job.

Oh my aching sides! You couldn't make it up! :lol:

Which are you, a WUM or a knob? It's got to be one of the two.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012