Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 10:21:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Claire Ryan  (Read 26751 times)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Claire Ryan
« on November 11, 2013, 07:33:27 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Always liked her, always thought she talked a fair degree of sense

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Re: Claire Ryan
« Reply #1 on November 11, 2013, 07:41:36 pm by not on facebook »
Fcuk me should JR ever Get back onto the helm at DRFC,can the last
One out Of the VSC  board please turn the light off .

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 11, 2013, 07:57:22 pm by Copps is Magic »
What have the VSC said again? Someone please remind me. Quotes would be good.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 11, 2013, 08:01:37 pm by Nudga »

Exactly, i'm struggling to see what the VSC has done. Seems to me like JR is blaming everyone.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 11, 2013, 08:02:59 pm by DRFCSouth »
This could be read two ways. It could also be saying the majority of fans are not in the VSC therefore it does not speak for the majority naturally.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 11, 2013, 08:08:55 pm by RTID75 »
If that's JR's opinion (and I sincerely hope it was an over reaction or ill thought out / unclear reply by a close relation to a leading thread on faceb*llocks)  then I think he needs to either explain the exact problem or apologise.

This is all getting ridiculous. There's untold damage being done to many people, all in the absence of facts. All terribly sad and depressing.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:11:42 pm by RTID75 »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 11, 2013, 08:09:19 pm by bobjimwilly »
It's quite ironic how people like to state we don't represent the majority of fans, which we never say we do, but an individual then carries on as if their statement does? And some of these individuals don't event attend home games!  :rolleyes:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 11, 2013, 08:14:30 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Always liked her, always thought she talked a fair degree of sense

Well done Claire!

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 11, 2013, 08:15:25 pm by DRFCSouth »
Who are you referring to bob?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 11, 2013, 08:20:30 pm by Mr1Croft »
She's entitled to her opinion like anyone else, I don't certainly begrudge anyone that, and especially not her father.

However we have only proceeded with what the VSC was set up for, we haven't campaigned against any of the board members and certainly haven't asked for any resignations.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 11, 2013, 08:26:40 pm by idler »
First and foremost I'm a Rovers fan.
I started watching them in 1958 walking down to Belle Vue from Balby.
Got married in 1972 and watched them going from Sprotborough.
1978 moved to Bradford and travelled from here ever since.
This is the end for me, when my season ticket runs out that's it. I'll pay my VSC dues my supporters club subs and my Alliance Direct Debit. I'll continue with Rovers Player but that's it!
And as far as I'm concerned JR is as much to blame as anyone else.
I've spent a fortune on DRFC and probably spent more on petrol than some have on tickets but enough's enough!
Bollox to it, sorry for the language, it's a sad day for me.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 11, 2013, 08:36:15 pm by River Don »
I think the disappointment for John was that the VSC didn't automatically offer their support and back the SC bid. He probably also hoped to see the VSC urge Bramall to go and perhaps even expected vocal demonstrations.

The VSC however remained true to the ethos in which they were formed and questioned the SC bid. John was close to the formation of the VSC, supported it strongly and should have realised what their stance was likely to be. He should not now feel insulted by their stance, since they were only following the procedure any football supporters trust would.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 11, 2013, 08:39:10 pm by PDX_Rover »
Exactly RD. If the VSC operated in blind obedience without, like the rest of us, knowing any facts about potential future owners, save a fax of a bank statement, then it would be a sad, sad day.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 11, 2013, 08:44:07 pm by Alickismyhero »
This is the end for me, when my season ticket runs out that's it. I'll pay my VSC dues my supporters club subs and my Alliance Direct Debit. I'll continue with Rovers Player but that's it!
I've spent a fortune on DRFC and probably spent more on petrol than some have on tickets but enough's enough!

Idler,

I think I said the same thing for the first time in 1960 and several times since. I would hope you take the same route as I have because I am still here.
But you have highlighted the problem. We now have a situation which is turning supporter against supporter at a time when support is dwindling anyway, its unforgivable.  Turn your computer off and think again when we have 3 wins on the trot, the club needs people like you, don't let it get you down brother

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 11, 2013, 08:48:51 pm by dumbroofer »

Idler,

I think I said the same thing for the first time in 1960 and several times since. I would hope you take the same route as I have because I am still here.
But you have highlighted the problem. We now have a situation which is turning supporter against supporter at a time when support is dwindling anyway, its unforgivable.  Turn your computer off and think again when we have 3 wins on the trot, the club needs people like you, don't let it get you down brother

the next couple of weeks waiting for then next game are going to be a nightmare.
but stick with it fella, we after all are rovers
aint we?

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 11, 2013, 08:52:38 pm by RTID75 »
It's all so depressing though isn't it? I'm definitely nowhere near there yet, but I too tonight have been starting to think similar thoughts to idler. The whole situation is poisonous and it needs sorting quickly, for the good of the club and its supporters. The way things are going there's going to be in-fighting within the home ends at the next home match. I've not felt lower than this about Rovers since 1998. :(

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 11, 2013, 09:02:17 pm by idler »
I've had many brilliant days all over the country with fellow Rovers fans and fantastic days both at Belle Vue and the Keepmoat but feel myself being increasingly isolated.
I enjoy speaking with football fans from any club in all walks of life but I think that fora which allow fans to spout garbage without actually facing the person that they are talking to do football no favours at all.
When you hear the spoken word you can see a persons face and they may be smiling, when you merely read the written word you can respond however you like with impunity, it's not debate and it's not for me.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 11, 2013, 09:11:28 pm by wing commander »
Sad sad times...Im tired of arguing with my own kind so I'm saying no more..but if they do get it and issue any reprisals against any vsc member them Im done...Until then I hope this matter ends quickly before it destroys us..

MartinB

« Reply #18 on November 11, 2013, 09:38:03 pm by MartinB »
I say make Claire Ryan chairperson... alright she may not have the financial clout but she is fit.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 11, 2013, 09:56:33 pm by The Red Baron »

Exactly, i'm struggling to see what the VSC has done. Seems to me like JR is blaming everyone.

"And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"

That's what it sounds like. I heard a while back from someone who is nothing to do with the VSC committee that JR was furious with certain individuals. Though, to be honest, if TB and DW had been convinced of the merits of the takeover back in August, the VSC's opinions would have mattered not a jot.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 11, 2013, 09:59:25 pm by The Red Baron »

Truth hurts perhaps ......

I'm glad that you find the fact that a loyal, long-term supporter is thinking of chucking it in amusing, Norfolk. Tell you what, why don't we diminish our fanbase even further? After all, what difference would it make if a few hundred more folk decided enough was enough?

Much more of this and I'll be feeling the same as Idler.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 11, 2013, 10:02:55 pm by Alickismyhero »
Personally I don't think John is winning the debate in fact he is losing a lot of respect from some  very loyal supporters.

We are already short of support we can't afford to lose any more.

SO TAKE NOTE JOHN, IS THIS WANT YOU WANTED?

YOU HAVE TURNED  SUPPORTER AGAINST SUPPORTER.

EVEN MEMBERS OF MY OWN FAMILY ARE CONSIDERING THEIR POSITION NOW,
 and they have been season ticket holders for years.

Rest assured I will still be here and I want everyone else to stay and fight their corner otherwise all is lost. Wait a minute I have been here before!!!!!!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 11, 2013, 10:04:30 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

I'm glad that you find the fact that a loyal, long-term supporter is thinking of chucking it in amusing, Norfolk. Tell you what, why don't we diminish our fanbase even further? After all, what difference would it make if a few hundred more folk decided enough was enough?

The truth is the VSC dosent represent the supporters feelings !!!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 11, 2013, 10:05:22 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Where did I say it was amusing?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 11, 2013, 10:05:32 pm by idler »

And the truth is?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 11, 2013, 10:05:51 pm by The Red Baron »
Thing is, Alick, we know where it all ends. And when it does the likes of Norfolk and Wellred won't even be around for us to tell them "we told you so."

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 11, 2013, 10:06:35 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

And the truth is?

As claire states VSC dosent represent the fans and its no good crying about it !

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 11, 2013, 10:07:23 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Thing is, Alick, we know where it all ends. And when it does the likes of Norfolk and Wellred won't even be around for us to tell them "we told you so."

Keep to selling papers ....I am not going anywhere ........

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 11, 2013, 10:07:29 pm by The Red Baron »

Where did I say it was amusing?

Your glib comment made me think you found it amusing. Though having re-read Idler's post I can't even see what "truth" you might be referring to.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 11, 2013, 10:09:25 pm by The Red Baron »

And the truth is?

As claire states VSC dosent represent the fans and its no good crying about it !

Where does Idler say anything about the VSC representing the fans? I'm more concerned about the fact he's thinking of chucking it all in after all these years.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012