Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 10:34:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Claire Ryan  (Read 26752 times)

godlike1

• Forum Member
Re: Claire Ryan
« Reply #90 on November 12, 2013, 12:52:34 pm by godlike1 »
Well JR is still a shareholder . It would be nice if to show that all three of them have the inerest of the club at heart they all chipped in an extra million to help PD consoldate us in the Champonship this season .

I may be wrong, but he's still on the board isn't he? all he appears to have done is stepped down as chair.

i think your right, but none of them have confirmed this and once they have sold out whos to say we are not going to enter richardson era 2? it seems to me they are only bothered about what money they can get and not the clubs best interrests

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PACMAN

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on November 12, 2013, 12:56:19 pm by PACMAN »
Can I just ask, NNC.
Why, if you think the VSC is such a pile of shite, do you:

1) pay into it in the first place?
2) not feel as though you should be arsed to change it, if you think it is such a crock of shit? Or would that require you to actually get off your arse and do something rather than just criticise anyone and everyone who disagrees with you.

I am merely hold them to account thats all!

As I fully paid member I am very dissatisfied!

So quit then, I did, when Gartom was in charge. I didn't like the way it was going as I felt the VSC was too much in the club's pocket and not doing what it was set up to do in the first place. That was to challenge things that weren't in the clubs best interests.
Now I'm not saying that DRFC doesn't need investment, of course it does, but it has to be the right investment. As far as I can see the VSC are simply looking for answers to genuine questions from SC (which as shareholders they are perfectly entitled to do). Just because JR thinks it's OK, the rest should blindly follow like sheep? Why? Lest you forget, he sold out to Ken Richardson once, look where that got us!! JR is human and he's entitled to make mistakes but that is why the VSC was formed, to be devils advocate and to ensure that DRFC never got into the same mess again!!
The simple fact that SC refuse to answer questions or even engage with the fans should tell you to at the very least be suspicious as to their motives and intentions. If they can adequately answer those questions, fine, until that point I firmly believe that the VSC are 100% correct to continue with their current stance!!

Isn't the phrase "critical friend "?
I stand corrected sir, "Critical Friend" sums it up much better!!

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on November 12, 2013, 12:58:56 pm by scuzzer »
Hi everyone

Please correct me if I am missing something but my interpretation of Claire's post is this:

"the VSC doesn't speak for the majority of fans" - that is obvioulsy a fact due to the high number of fans who probably are not VSC members

"He also knows which individuals have said what.." - In my opinion this is not necessarily aimed at the VSC (Although I am a member I have never met any of the board or probably in fact any of the posters of here bar 2 that I know of). I have no interest in the politics of the club or the infighting on here. I will continue to but my season ticket and support the team as I have always had rovers in my blood and my heart and will never ever be any different.

This comment could be aimed at someone on the board, someone in the media, someone in the club etc. It might be someone at the VSC but deep down who really gives a shit.
Rovers play Yeovil a week friday. If we have new owners or not - so what. We will have a team on the pitch trying to win 3 points.

I think appointing Dickov was a masterstroke as i believe he has thr right personality to keep the players focused and not get dragged into the playground behaviour

Well said Scooter, finally some balance. I hate international weeks when there's no football to talk about and this is about as depressing as you can get.

The fact is everyone here is speculating as nobody knows the full truth of what's going off behind the scenes,  though some will try to convince us otherwise.

We've a game a week Friday, we're playing at the highest level we've ever been at and had started the season very nicely before all this lot started to really take a grasp on the club. The saddest part of all is that this is now having an effect on the team, we'd all like to see a stronger squad but where does that end, the squad that started the season could with a focussed and harmonious approach have easilly been 4th worst in this division and for our club that's a terrific achievement, while all this crap is going off behind the scenes and the whole place is divided there's next to naff all chance of that being the outcome.

I'm getting close to being a +1 with Idler and TRB, it just makes you question why you invest so much time, emotion and cash into something which seems pretty futile and not worth the bother at times like this.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on November 12, 2013, 01:06:53 pm by Wild Rover »
Well JR is still a shareholder . It would be nice if to show that all three of them have the inerest of the club at heart they all chipped in an extra million to help PD consoldate us in the Champonship this season .

I may be wrong, but he's still on the board isn't he? all he appears to have done is stepped down as chair.

In his words.."I am only a fan now"... Resigned the lot. Chairman, directorship.

MartinB

« Reply #94 on November 12, 2013, 01:19:35 pm by MartinB »
Always liked her, always thought she talked a fair degree of sense

how immature and pathetic can you get. Getting his family to be spiteful on his behalf further demeans what he has achieved at the club

If and its a big if the take over goes through, i don't hink i would want ryan back at the club if invited.  How long would if be before he sulked and walked out again if he could not get his own way

time for a change what ever it may be, all i can hope is that it is for the best and not like the last time when he sold out to richardson and nearly left the club for dead

That is a ridiculous statement to make, Claire Ryan is obviously hurt. I assume multi millionaire and club legend John Ryan isn't on the phone advising his daughter what to post on facebook!

JR may be not acting how you feel he should be, he has though through his past services earned in my opinion a right to respect from all of the fans of Doncaster Rovers FC.

Malc Morling

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on November 12, 2013, 01:44:43 pm by Malc Morling »
Bloody sick of all this falling out what will be will be come on Have we got a game on FIRDAY NIGHT ???????? :headbang:I,ll b there :clapping: :clapping:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on November 12, 2013, 01:46:03 pm by Wellred »
Bloody sick of all this falling out what will be will be come on Have we got a game on FIRDAY NIGHT ???????? :headbang:I,ll b there :clapping: :clapping:

Nope but we have next week.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on November 12, 2013, 01:50:20 pm by dumbroofer »
nope mm tiz a week on friday pal

Malc Morling

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on November 12, 2013, 02:16:51 pm by Malc Morling »
Sorry forgot international Break may be by then  we might have a couple of new faces in by then  :chair:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on November 12, 2013, 03:05:40 pm by RobTheRover »
Yes,  a couple of new faces would be very good. ;)

MartinB

« Reply #100 on November 12, 2013, 03:26:30 pm by MartinB »

Instead of the TWO Faces the VSC/John Ryan/Supporters Group/SC/TB and a partridge in a pear tree have shown lately?*

*intended to cause offence equally.

;)

**The ;) was placed to ensure that those that don't have a sense of humour Filo/Frosty/Wellred/Idler understand it was a joke (although not funny)

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on November 12, 2013, 03:35:33 pm by Wellred »
Hey Martin I might be an argumentative, jonny opposite bugger, but I do have a sense of humour  :lol: 

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on November 12, 2013, 03:56:32 pm by CusworthRovers »
Im confused !!!!

Knobby go and take your medication and rest a while.

You've been a tad indoctrinated chief. 'Rubber Dinghy Rapids' eh bruv

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on November 12, 2013, 03:58:33 pm by Filo »
And I'll have you know I have a sense of humour as well, some of it goes right over the heads of the less intelligent mind ;)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on November 12, 2013, 04:22:24 pm by idler »
I too have a good sense of humour Martin but Roverswise there hasn't been much to laugh about lately. ;0)

Instead of the TWO Faces the VSC/John Ryan/Supporters Group/SC/TB and a partridge in a pear tree have shown lately?*

*intended to cause offence equally.

;)

**The ;) was placed to ensure that those that don't have a sense of humour Filo/Frosty/Wellred/Idler understand it was a joke (although not funny)

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on November 12, 2013, 05:15:15 pm by Wellred »

In his words.."I am only a fan now"... Resigned the lot. Chairman, directorship.

John Ryan still remains a director.

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/ask-slos-1170994.aspx

I have a feeling we know where this is going.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on November 12, 2013, 05:23:23 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Any chance you may tell the rest of us?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on November 12, 2013, 05:43:38 pm by Wellred »
Any chance you may tell the rest of us?

If you have no imagination I cannot help you I'm afraid.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on November 12, 2013, 05:43:54 pm by wilts rover »

John Ryan still remains a director.

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/ask-slos-1170994.aspx

I have a feeling we know where this is going.

Well we know where we're goin'
 But we don't know where we've been
 And we know what we're knowin'
 But we can't say what we've seen
 And we're not little children
 And we know what we want
 And the future is certain
 Give us time to work it out

That's where I think we're going!!!!

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on November 12, 2013, 05:58:20 pm by DRNaith »
So as I've said in various threads, all he's done is stepped down as chairman and still remains on the board as a director.

........and yet we're subjected to unnecessary emotional overtones

OurAlfsLad

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on November 12, 2013, 06:19:55 pm by OurAlfsLad »
We've been down that road before Wilts and it's hard to get off it

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on November 12, 2013, 07:10:44 pm by DonnyRTID »
So as I've said in various threads, all he's done is stepped down as chairman and still remains on the board as a director.

........and yet we're subjected to unnecessary emotional overtones

He's resigned as a director too, more lies from the club.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on November 12, 2013, 07:13:27 pm by DRNaith »
Is it lies or timing?

Yesterday it wasn't Tuesday, today it is. I wouldn't expect a club to lie

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on November 12, 2013, 07:15:49 pm by Savvy »
Is it lies or timing?

Perhaps he's alluding to the fact that you've got your facts wrong?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on November 12, 2013, 07:21:53 pm by RobTheRover »
Possibly. Or maybe John resigned as chairman,  meant Director too,  and never said that in his resignation letter.

It's possible,  I guess.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on November 12, 2013, 07:25:02 pm by SkellowRover »
Now i see it's JR's daughters turn to get a hammering on the VSC boards by it's members and insinuating that she's acting as her fathers puppet. Not only pathetic but disgusting.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on November 12, 2013, 07:25:40 pm by DRNaith »
Is it lies or timing?

Perhaps he's alluding to the fact that you've got your facts wrong?

I've got my facts wrong? Hmm...I don't actually know any facts on the matter, other than those in the public domain.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on November 12, 2013, 07:28:15 pm by The Red Baron »
Possibly. Or maybe John resigned as chairman,  meant Director too,  and never said that in his resignation letter.

It's possible,  I guess.

You're probably right, Rob. But the cock-up theory of history is never as attractive as the conspiracy one.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on November 12, 2013, 07:33:15 pm by The Red Baron »
The club statement from Monday, which is still on DROS (the SLO thing has been taken down) says the following:

We can confirm that this afternoon the club received a letter from John Ryan resigning as Chairman of Doncaster Rovers.

Even JR admits that he might not have made things clear:

“I can only assume I didn’t make that clear when I handed in my resignation."

So it sounds like an error in communications. Perhaps the conspiracy theorists can calm down now?

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on November 12, 2013, 07:35:11 pm by Savvy »
I think the "As Ive said on numerous other threads" bit would lead anyone to believe that what you posted is wrong!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012