Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 09:56:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Claire Ryan  (Read 26797 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Claire Ryan
« Reply #30 on November 11, 2013, 10:10:28 pm by PDX_Rover »
I think this fan against fan infighting is precisely what JR wanted, if I am honest....

Time for those supporters who can think for themselves and not drink from the trough of pigswill that has been presented as a good deal to hold firm...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 11, 2013, 10:10:41 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Its not neccesarilary  about representing the fans, its about trying to protecting the the club from fly by night owners

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 11, 2013, 10:10:55 pm by Copps is Magic »
So now Claire Ryan speaks for the majority of fans. I thought it was Wellred. Trouble in the boardroom.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 11, 2013, 10:11:43 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Thing is, Alick, we know where it all ends. And when it does the likes of Norfolk and Wellred won't even be around for us to tell them "we told you so."

Keep to selling papers ....I am not going anywhere ........

Then you can stop moaning about it then. Answer my question what are sc's intentions, what's the safeguards for a sustainable future, what's their plans and exactly who are they?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 11, 2013, 10:11:59 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
First and foremost I'm a Rovers fan.
I started watching them in 1958 walking down to Belle Vue from Balby.
Got married in 1972 and watched them going from Sprotborough.
1978 moved to Bradford and travelled from here ever since.
This is the end for me, when my season ticket runs out that's it. I'll pay my VSC dues my supporters club subs and my Alliance Direct Debit. I'll continue with Rovers Player but that's it!
And as far as I'm concerned JR is as much to blame as anyone else.
I've spent a fortune on DRFC and probably spent more on petrol than some have on tickets but enough's enough!
Bollox to it, sorry for the language, it's a sad day for me.

Truth hurts perhaps ......
And the truth is?

As claire states VSC dosent represent the fans and its no good crying about it !

Where does Idler say anything about the VSC representing the fans? I'm more concerned about the fact he's thinking of chucking it all in after all these years.

Why is JR to blame? Unreal you lot are!

He was looking for investment to compete in this league....what do you suggest go meekly down?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 11, 2013, 10:14:06 pm by Wellred »

So now Claire Ryan speaks for the majority of fans. I thought it was Wellred. Trouble in the boardroom.

Have a go by all means. I have broad shoulders. Try and do it in a grown up manner though and maybe I might take you a little more seriously.  :facepalm:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 11, 2013, 10:14:18 pm by The Red Baron »
Thing is, Alick, we know where it all ends. And when it does the likes of Norfolk and Wellred won't even be around for us to tell them "we told you so."

Selling papers? That's a good one!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 11, 2013, 10:20:57 pm by Copps is Magic »

Have a go by all means. I have broad shoulders. Try and do it in a grown up manner though and maybe I might take you a little more seriously.  :facepalm:

Oh, I'm deadly serious. Your were on here yesterday claiming the majority of fans this, the majority of fans that. Now Claire Ryan is doing the same. Incredible insight you both have.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 11, 2013, 10:21:05 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Then you can stop moaning about it then. Answer my question what are sc's intentions, what's the safeguards for a sustainable future, what's their plans and exactly who are they?

Its like any investment they are in it to make money like most of the championship owners (millions of the premiership)but I would have thought JR word was good enough and you would support him trying the broker the best deal in the clubs interest?

That is what hurts his supporters most and underpinned by saying he told untruths during one meeting!!!!

JR wont even talk to you so obviously feels let down by the VSC ......

If you stand still in football you go backwards and the VSC never comes up with any suggestions how we can compete in the 2nd best tier in the world with a conference fan base?

Call me old fashioned but people earn respect and JR has done that 1000% so I support him in all he does and many people do.

I was at the Dingle game and the fans spoke loud and proud for the great man!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 11, 2013, 10:25:39 pm by idler »
This is the end for me, when my season ticket runs out that's it. I'll pay my VSC dues my supporters club subs and my Alliance Direct Debit. I'll continue with Rovers Player but that's it!
I've spent a fortune on DRFC and probably spent more on petrol than some have on tickets but enough's enough!

And the truth is?

As claire states VSC dosent represent the fans and its no good crying about it !
If
I'm not crying. I'm concerned about the future of my club. Just as I have been since 1958.
The VSC were formed for a purpose and to my mind still fulfil that purpose.
By leaving in the way that he did on Saturday John Ryan has lost a lot of the respect that I had for him.
I was introduced to John Ryan in 1986 by one of his associates that had also been best man at my wedding in 1972. Whilst not always agreeing with his views I have had no real reason to be overly critical, I even put £50 in the striker appeal at John's behest. More fool me I suppose.
I'm not bitter, just sad and a bit disillusioned.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 11, 2013, 10:28:35 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

And the truth is?

If
I'm not crying. I'm concerned about the future of my club. Just as I have been since 1958.
The VSC were formed for a purpose and to my mind still fulfil that purpose.
By leaving in the way that he did on Saturday John Ryan has lost a lot of the respect that I had for him.
I was introduced to John Ryan in 1986 by one of his associates that had also been best man at my wedding in 1972. Whilst not always agreeing with his views I have had no real reason to be overly critical, I even put £50 in the striker appeal at John's behest. More fool me I suppose.
I'm not bitter, just sad and a bit disillusioned.

Cos you listen to the VSC lot too much!

What Rovers are doing is trying to be ambitious?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 11, 2013, 10:30:29 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
So you're happy that our football club a community asset would under this proposal become an investment play thing.

The story keeps changing, the numbers aren't consistent, people keep changing their minds as to who the investors are.  They won't talk to supporters groups but were quite happy to issue legal letters.

Is there a business plan? Because I'm pretty sure that the only bits I've heard in public don't stack up.

Investors will have a brief to maximise the investment and nothing more. Would you be happy if your ticket price doubled, food price shot up, the clubs assets sold, fans taken to court for disagreeing? What if they walk away? What if the money they moot doesn't come? What if plenty of things.

The core point is someone has to ask those questions. If their attentions are honourable they'll have answers. It is that simple, they'd have nothing to hide if it was that watertight.

This isn't about John Ryan it's about a sustainable future for our club and it's much yours and my club as John Ryan's.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 11, 2013, 10:32:30 pm by StocktonRover »

Its like any investment they are in it to make money like most of the championship owners (millions of the premiership)but I would have thought JR word was good enough and you would support him trying the broker the best deal in the clubs interest?

That is what hurts his supporters most and underpinned by saying he told untruths during one meeting!!!!

If you stand still in football you go backwards and the VSC never comes up with any suggestions how we can compete in the 2nd best tier in the world with a conference fan base?

Call me old fashioned but people earn respect and JR has done that 1000% so I support him in all he does and many people do.

I was at the game too and I thought he acted like a t**t - thing was I didn't shout about it .

If you put 3 beans in a can and shake it you'll make plenty of noise but it doesn't mean the cans full.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 11, 2013, 10:37:11 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

I was at the game too and I thought he acted like a t**t - thing was I didn't shout about it .

If you put 3 beans in a can and shake it you'll make plenty of noise but it doesn't mean the cans full.

Have some respect !

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on November 11, 2013, 10:38:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
TRB

Leave it mate. You're wasting your time with Nobby. He has the faith of a religious zealot and no amount of well-reasoned argument will ever shift his opinions.

Move on.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 11, 2013, 10:38:49 pm by River Don »
TBH Norfolk, John Ryan throughout this whole affair has gone down in my estimation, what with the untruths, the twisting of facts and finally with his actions immediately before the Barnsley game. I've found it all very disappointing to witness.

I'm sorry but there it is.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 11, 2013, 10:47:54 pm by StocktonRover »

Have some respect !
Respect has to be earned - it was.
But respect is also lost - it has been.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on November 11, 2013, 10:49:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
TRB

Leave it mate. You're wasting your time with Nobby. He has the faith of a religious zealot and no amount of well-reasoned argument will ever shift his opinions.

Move on.

Quite. I showed him yesterday how JR had lied to the DFP and therefore the public, yet here he is again today spouting 'I would have thought JR word was good enough' as if that somehow wins an argument. An inconvenient truth gets ignored.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 11, 2013, 10:52:15 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
TRB

Move on.

Quite. I showed him yesterday how JR had lied to the DFP and therefore the public, yet here he is again today spouting 'I would have thought JR word was good enough' as if that somehow wins an argument. An inconvenient truth gets ignored.

If you feel like that why did you put that in the official statement then? Scared of legal action?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on November 11, 2013, 10:53:32 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
TRB

Move on.

Think its time we got this on the FB .......to be seen by everyone inc JR

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on November 11, 2013, 10:55:13 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
TRB

Move on.

If you feel like that why did you put that in the official statement then? Scared of legal action?

Because the VSC statement is nothing to do with my personal opinion. Why, are you telling me that JR didn't lie to the DFP..?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 11, 2013, 10:57:57 pm by River Don »
JR did lie to the DFP and there are a number of people who were at that meeting who will testify to that.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on November 11, 2013, 10:58:50 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
TRB

Move on.

Because the VSC statement is nothing to do with my personal opinion. Why, are you telling me that JR didn't lie to the DFP..?

Cant defend himself can he!

Have u had balls to challenge him?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on November 11, 2013, 10:59:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
JR did lie to the DFP and there are a number of people who were at that meeting who will testify to that.

I bet he won't put that on FB. An inconvenient truth again.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on November 11, 2013, 10:59:51 pm by Filo »
TRB

Move on.

Think its time we got this on the FB .......to be seen by everyone inc JR

Translates to:

I'm off to get my mates because I'm getting shown up here!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 11, 2013, 11:01:52 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

You record it?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on November 11, 2013, 11:01:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Cant defend himself can he!

Have u had balls to challenge him?

Of course he can defend himself! He can do it on FB if he really does see it there.

No balls to challenge him in what way?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on November 11, 2013, 11:02:47 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You record it?

Once more in English? Record what?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 11, 2013, 11:03:49 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
what

You record it?

Once more in English? Record what?

You record what was said? How hard is that to understand?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 11, 2013, 11:06:15 pm by RedJ »
Can I just ask, NNC.
Why, if you think the VSC is such a pile of shite, do you:

1) pay into it in the first place?
2) not feel as though you should be arsed to change it, if you think it is such a crock of shit? Or would that require you to actually get off your arse and do something rather than just criticise anyone and everyone who disagrees with you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012