Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 09:01:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Claire Ryan  (Read 26771 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Claire Ryan
« Reply #60 on November 11, 2013, 11:06:37 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
what
JR did lie to the DFP and there are a number of people who were at that meeting who will testify to that.

I bet he won't put that on FB. An inconvenient truth again.

You record it?

Once more in English? Record what?

You record what was said? How hard is that to understand?

I recorded as much as JR and the journalist who printed the article did. You're not making a salient point as there were witnesses there, you don't need a word-for-word record in order to state what was said.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on November 11, 2013, 11:08:17 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Can I just ask, NNC.
Why, if you think the VSC is such a pile of shite, do you:

1) pay into it in the first place?
2) not feel as though you should be arsed to change it, if you think it is such a crock of shit? Or would that require you to actually get off your arse and do something rather than just criticise anyone and everyone who disagrees with you.

I am merely hold them to account thats all!

As I fully paid member I am very dissatisfied!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on November 11, 2013, 11:10:40 pm by Filo »
You'd never guess you were 40 years old Nobby

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on November 11, 2013, 11:11:28 pm by RedJ »
Can I just ask, NNC.

2) not feel as though you should be arsed to change it, if you think it is such a crock of shit? Or would that require you to actually get off your arse and do something rather than just criticise anyone and everyone who disagrees with you.

...then do something about it?

Or do I need to refer to the second part of my second question for the response to that.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on November 11, 2013, 11:11:35 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
what
JR did lie to the DFP and there are a number of people who were at that meeting who will testify to that.

You record it?

I recorded as much as JR and the journalist who printed the article did. You're not making a salient point as there were witnesses there, you don't need a word-for-word record in order to state what was said.

No your coming out with incredible statements like JR mislead supporters so you can back it up!

Im confused !!!!

If it was recorded why did the writer not put what was said???

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on November 11, 2013, 11:12:53 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Can I just ask, NNC.

Or do I need to refer to the second part of my second question for the response to that.

I am by holding people accountable......

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on November 11, 2013, 11:15:30 pm by RedJ »
Can I just ask, NNC.

I am by holding people accountable......

Aye. Easy to snipe from the sidelines, eh.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on November 11, 2013, 11:17:32 pm by jucyberry »
I think I would be very, very careful about reading Claire's posts on FB, She is after all her father's child.. JR doesn't dirty his hands on facebook but I would give odds on the fact that he 'advises' her what to post..

I can understand completely how much he means to so many of you all, without him Rovers would most likely be nothing more than a footnote in football history.. But you have built him up into a god like status. He isn't a god, he is a man one who has made good and bad decisions like every other man or woman.

All this speculation, all this in fighting when so much is as yet unknown is very unproductive and blind worship can be very dangerous.

One of the first things I learned from my nearly seven years on here is that nothing in football lasts forever, not the players, not the manager and not the most passionate fan first chairman second.... Only the club itself hopefully.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on November 11, 2013, 11:18:32 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
what

You record it?

No your coming out with incredible statements like JR mislead supporters so you can back it up!

Im confused !!!!

Is River Don coming out with an incredible statement too then?

The DFP writer wasn't there, he just printed the guff JR told him without even bothering to check it with anybody who was actually there. Just like you're accepting JR's version without checking it with someone who was there actually there too.

There was no story until JR started to claim he was ambushed at the AGM when no such thing happened.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on November 11, 2013, 11:21:21 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
what

You record it?

Im confused !!!!

Is River Don coming out with an incredible statement too then?

The DFP writer wasn't there, he just printed the guff JR told him without even bothering to check it with anybody who was actually there. Just like you're accepting JR's version without checking it with someone who was there actually there too.

There was no story until JR started to claim he was ambushed at the AGM when no such thing happened.

HE said/ we said .....So nothing that would stand up in court ???

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on November 11, 2013, 11:22:02 pm by PDX_Rover »
Thing is, Alick, we know where it all ends. And when it does the likes of Norfolk and Wellred won't even be around for us to tell them "we told you so."

Keep to selling papers ....I am not going anywhere ........

Then you can stop moaning about it then. Answer my question what are sc's intentions, what's the safeguards for a sustainable future, what's their plans and exactly who are they?

Its like any investment they are in it to make money like most of the championship owners (millions of the premiership)but I would have thought JR word was good enough and you would support him trying the broker the best deal in the clubs interest?

That is what hurts his supporters most and underpinned by saying he told untruths during one meeting!!!!

JR wont even talk to you so obviously feels let down by the VSC ......

If you stand still in football you go backwards and the VSC never comes up with any suggestions how we can compete in the 2nd best tier in the world with a conference fan base?

Call me old fashioned but people earn respect and JR has done that 1000% so I support him in all he does and many people do.

I was at the Dingle game and the fans spoke loud and proud for the great man!
Thing is, Alick, we know where it all ends. And when it does the likes of Norfolk and Wellred won't even be around for us to tell them "we told you so."

Then you can stop moaning about it then. Answer my question what are sc's intentions, what's the safeguards for a sustainable future, what's their plans and exactly who are they?

Its like any investment they are in it to make money like most of the championship owners (millions of the premiership)but I would have thought JR word was good enough and you would support him trying the broker the best deal in the clubs interest?

That is what hurts his supporters most and underpinned by saying he told untruths during one meeting!!!!

If you stand still in football you go backwards and the VSC never comes up with any suggestions how we can compete in the 2nd best tier in the world with a conference fan base?

Call me old fashioned but people earn respect and JR has done that 1000% so I support him in all he does and many people do.

- rubbish Norfolk. JR won't talk to he VSC because they won't do his dirty work, unlike the other supporters group who have actively singled out one owner to attack personally. Shame on them. Shame on John Ryan for instigating such action.

Talk is cheap.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on November 11, 2013, 11:22:51 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
As for a record...I believe there was a VSC twitter record of the AGM broadcast as it happened. That would count as a contemporaneous record. Don't know how to find it though, I don't do twitter.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on November 11, 2013, 11:23:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
HE said/ we said .....So nothing that would stand up in court ???

Witnesses stand up in court.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on November 11, 2013, 11:29:16 pm by PDX_Rover »
Ryan's got a long history of half truths, untruths and being economical with the facts. Apart from that, great left back.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on November 12, 2013, 12:25:35 am by eastender »
I think I would be very, very careful about reading Claire's posts on FB, She is after all her father's child.. JR doesn't dirty his hands on facebook but I would give odds on the fact that he 'advises' her what to post..

Sorry but i doubt JR would even attempt to tell his daughter what to say or how to reply on FB.  Claire's old enough and wise enough to speak as she finds....Not that i agree with her in this case.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on November 12, 2013, 12:33:32 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Ryan's got a long history of half truths, untruths and being economical with the facts. Apart from that, great left back.

Aye.

I remember him going down like a sack of shite after an opponent waved his head in his general direction at Bloomfield Road three-quarters of a decade past.

That Blackpool player that day. Worra t**t. I swore that day I'd hoy his teeth down his throat if he ever again set foot on a pitch in which the Rovers were playing.

PACMAN

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on November 12, 2013, 08:49:17 am by PACMAN »
Can I just ask, NNC.

So quit then, I did, when Gartom was in charge. I didn't like the way it was going as I felt the VSC was too much in the club's pocket and not doing what it was set up to do in the first place. That was to challenge things that weren't in the clubs best interests.
Now I'm not saying that DRFC doesn't need investment, of course it does, but it has to be the right investment. As far as I can see the VSC are simply looking for answers to genuine questions from SC (which as shareholders they are perfectly entitled to do). Just because JR thinks it's OK, the rest should blindly follow like sheep? Why? Lest you forget, he sold out to Ken Richardson once, look where that got us!! JR is human and he's entitled to make mistakes but that is why the VSC was formed, to be devils advocate and to ensure that DRFC never got into the same mess again!!
The simple fact that SC refuse to answer questions or even engage with the fans should tell you to at the very least be suspicious as to their motives and intentions. If they can adequately answer those questions, fine, until that point I firmly believe that the VSC are 100% correct to continue with their current stance!!

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on November 12, 2013, 08:55:36 am by bobbymax »
First and foremost I'm a Rovers fan.
I started watching them in 1958 walking down to Belle Vue from Balby.
Got married in 1972 and watched them going from Sprotborough.
1978 moved to Bradford and travelled from here ever since.
This is the end for me, when my season ticket runs out that's it. I'll pay my VSC dues my supporters club subs and my Alliance Direct Debit. I'll continue with Rovers Player but that's it!
And as far as I'm concerned JR is as much to blame as anyone else.
I've spent a fortune on DRFC and probably spent more on petrol than some have on tickets but enough's enough!
Bollox to it, sorry for the language, it's a sad day for me.

Truth hurts perhaps ......
And the truth is?

As claire states VSC dosent represent the fans and its no good crying about it !
And it sounds like all the VSC directors and moderators are now in a little black book. 'And what is your name? Don't tell him Pike!'
How infantile! What's next? We'll be waiting for you at playtime!

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on November 12, 2013, 10:35:33 am by eastender »
As for a record...I believe there was a VSC twitter record of the AGM broadcast as it happened. That would count as a contemporaneous record. Don't know how to find it though, I don't do twitter.

The AGM was on the 3rd Aug and there are no tweets on the 3rd apart from a reminder.

VSC Official ‏@vscofficial 3 Aug
#DRFC it's AGM day for us.  11AM at the Belle Vue bar we look forward to seeing you.  Don't forget your chance to present the POTS trophy.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on November 12, 2013, 10:59:30 am by bobjimwilly »
There were no tweets during this years AGM. We did is last year.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on November 12, 2013, 11:11:24 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Ah, my confusion. But as I said, I'm not a twitter user so wasn't sure.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on November 12, 2013, 11:17:57 am by wing commander »
     Do you know this is the bit that devastates me the most..There have been some strong arguments on this over the last week,i have my thoughts others differ...We are all entitled to our opinion after all...However the vsc have plainly just stood by there original statement that without the answers to the questions they asked they cant support it...which is exactly what it was set up to do..Others want to take the chance..no problem...it will play out how it plays out with little input from us..
     We are all in this together was Ryans call when he wants our money but it seems that's just as long as we march in line behind his drum....
    Well I've personally never been one to say" how high "when asked to jump.My principles wont allow it,so despite being a season ticket holder for every one of Ryans tenure and before if there is one sniff of reprisals against anyone because they had the best interests of Rovers at heart...im going to watch Gainsborough...it wont mean the same but I hate bully's......

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on November 12, 2013, 11:21:05 am by eastender »
There were no tweets during this years AGM. We did is last year.

They could have been deleted.  :unsure:

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on November 12, 2013, 11:37:14 am by bedale rover »
Can I just ask, NNC.

So quit then, I did, when Gartom was in charge. I didn't like the way it was going as I felt the VSC was too much in the club's pocket and not doing what it was set up to do in the first place. That was to challenge things that weren't in the clubs best interests.
Now I'm not saying that DRFC doesn't need investment, of course it does, but it has to be the right investment. As far as I can see the VSC are simply looking for answers to genuine questions from SC (which as shareholders they are perfectly entitled to do). Just because JR thinks it's OK, the rest should blindly follow like sheep? Why? Lest you forget, he sold out to Ken Richardson once, look where that got us!! JR is human and he's entitled to make mistakes but that is why the VSC was formed, to be devils advocate and to ensure that DRFC never got into the same mess again!!
The simple fact that SC refuse to answer questions or even engage with the fans should tell you to at the very least be suspicious as to their motives and intentions. If they can adequately answer those questions, fine, until that point I firmly believe that the VSC are 100% correct to continue with their current stance!!

Isn't the phrase "critical friend "?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on November 12, 2013, 11:43:03 am by Filo »
     Do you know this is the bit that devastates me the most..There have been some strong arguments on this over the last week,i have my thoughts others differ...We are all entitled to our opinion after all...However the vsc have plainly just stood by there original statement that without the answers to the questions they asked they cant support it...which is exactly what it was set up to do..Others want to take the chance..no problem...it will play out how it plays out with little input from us..
     We are all in this together was Ryans call when he wants our money but it seems that's just as long as we march in line behind his drum....
    Well I've personally never been one to say" how high "when asked to jump.My principles wont allow it,so despite being a season ticket holder for every one of Ryans tenure and before if there is one sniff of reprisals against anyone because they had the best interests of Rovers at heart...im going to watch Gainsborough...it wont mean the same but I hate bully's......

Ditto

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on November 12, 2013, 12:19:24 pm by Scooter »
Hi everyone

Please correct me if I am missing something but my interpretation of Claire's post is this:

"the VSC doesn't speak for the majority of fans" - that is obvioulsy a fact due to the high number of fans who probably are not VSC members

"He also knows which individuals have said what.." - In my opinion this is not necessarily aimed at the VSC (Although I am a member I have never met any of the board or probably in fact any of the posters of here bar 2 that I know of). I have no interest in the politics of the club or the infighting on here. I will continue to but my season ticket and support the team as I have always had rovers in my blood and my heart and will never ever be any different.

This comment could be aimed at someone on the board, someone in the media, someone in the club etc. It might be someone at the VSC but deep down who really gives a shit.
Rovers play Yeovil a week friday. If we have new owners or not - so what. We will have a team on the pitch trying to win 3 points.

I think appointing Dickov was a masterstroke as i believe he has thr right personality to keep the players focused and not get dragged into the playground behaviour

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on November 12, 2013, 12:28:58 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
There should be no indivdual bigger than the club, and JR certainly isn't!!! facebook comments, interveiw after interview in which he has carried no consistancy, i mean whats next a jeremy kyle lie detector test.

from what i can see it is just the demise of a self serving sales man

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on November 12, 2013, 12:38:47 pm by godlike1 »
Always liked her, always thought she talked a fair degree of sense

how immature and pathetic can you get. Getting his family to be spiteful on his behalf further demeans what he has achieved at the club

If and its a big if the take over goes through, i don't hink i would want ryan back at the club if invited.  How long would if be before he sulked and walked out again if he could not get his own way

time for a change what ever it may be, all i can hope is that it is for the best and not like the last time when he sold out to richardson and nearly left the club for dead

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on November 12, 2013, 12:42:21 pm by graingrover »
Well JR is still a shareholder . It would be nice if to show that all three of them have the inerest of the club at heart they all chipped in an extra million to help PD consoldate us in the Champonship this season .

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on November 12, 2013, 12:44:28 pm by DRNaith »
Well JR is still a shareholder . It would be nice if to show that all three of them have the inerest of the club at heart they all chipped in an extra million to help PD consoldate us in the Champonship this season .

I may be wrong, but he's still on the board isn't he? all he appears to have done is stepped down as chair.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012