Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 12:58:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trevor Milton shows unwavering support for John Ryan  (Read 10430 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Trevor Milton shows unwavering support for John Ryan
« on November 12, 2013, 06:40:58 pm by Boomstick »
Very admirable and commendable thing for him to do, at a time when so many people are viciously turning on him, despite everything he has done for DRFC.

EX-Doncaster Rovers chairman Trevor Milton is urging fans to show their support for his outgoing successor John Ryan and has warned the club could lurch towards ‘disaster’ without him.

Ryan stepped down as chairman on Saturday with the 63-year-old at loggerheads with fellow majority shareholder Terry Bramall about the future direction of the club.

Angry Ryan outlined a list of frustrations in a candid press conference after the game at Barnsley.

Top of these was his belief that some of his boardroom colleagues have gone behind his back to negotiate with potential investors Sequentia Capital, who remain keen on taking over the club. Bramall, however, has denied the claim he has spoken to Sequentia without Ryan’s knowledge.

Ryan is also scathing of the decision by the club, against his wishes, to purchase Doncaster RLFC.

A press conference announcing the news was set to take place this morning, only to be postponed yesterday afternoon.

It will be held on a revised date, Rovers have announced.

Meanwhile, life president Milton admits he is fearful for the future of Rovers without lifelong fan Ryan in the boardroom and wants supporters to make their feelings known.

Milton said: “I know better than most the work and dedication he had put into his beloved Rovers.

“Now the ship is left without a rudder and before it sinks into oblivion through lack of interest and motivation it is therefore time for all supporters to stand up and be counted in Delia Smith of Norwich City style. ‘Let’s be having you – where are you?’

“Everyone with a love of Doncaster Rovers needs to express themselves in every way possible before the present regime causes a disaster and then walk away.

“It is up to us all to show our support for John Ryan and those close to him to see the club gets back to its former glory.”

Milton feels the only way forward for Rovers is with potential investors Sequentia.

He added: “Like all Rovers supporters I was both sad and horrified to see John Ryan announce his resignation.

“John was obviously disappointed to see a lack of support from the other investors and their failure to take advantage of the large investment which the Sequentia Capital group were prepared to put up for the re-structure of the club.

“And, what is more, see it keep its place in the Championship, and with visions for taking the club even farther.

“(This is) something that the present investors were not prepared to do, it seems.”

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: Trevor Milton shows unwavering support for John Ryan
« Reply #1 on November 12, 2013, 06:53:13 pm by wing commander »
What drivel.....Jr only went to the club mainlyon match days....Gavin runs the club on a daily basis and very well too....Right at this minute whatever side your on,he's the rudder....

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 12, 2013, 06:54:58 pm by graingrover »
what a stupid thing to ask us to support JR when he has  already resigned . Milton was Chairman when JR last resigned wasn't he. What is he asking us to do .. jump ship as well?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 12, 2013, 06:57:58 pm by The Red Baron »
“Everyone with a love of Doncaster Rovers needs to express themselves in every way possible before the present regime causes a disaster and then walk away."

I would have thought a Belize-based hedge fund was more likely to cause a disaster and then walk away. Seems that accusing TB of a lack of ambition isn't enough for JR's supporters.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 12, 2013, 06:58:50 pm by DRNaith »
Out of interest,  who has viciously turned on him?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 12, 2013, 06:59:48 pm by The Red Baron »
what a stupid thing to ask us to support JR when he has  already resigned . Milton was Chairman when JR last resigned wasn't he. What is he asking us to do .. jump ship as well?

Unfortunately I think this will be read by some as a call to attack Bramall verbally at the next home game. Nothing could be more counter-productive, both from the point of view of the club and the team.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 12, 2013, 07:02:43 pm by Boomstick »
What drivel.....Jr only went to the club mainlyon match days....Gavin runs the club on a daily basis and very well too....Right at this minute whatever side your on,he's the rudder....

Jr was running this club while Gavin whathisname was still playing RUGBY.
Gavin is someone the board employ to oversee the day to day running, not the major decisions.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 12, 2013, 07:03:07 pm by wing commander »
Brian..I'm beginning to totally despair with this....So many people critical to us and the club are having there hearts ripped out by the anger and hate on this...Some peoples points  I accept others like skellowrovers are delivered with such hate and bitterness....it disgusts me and I'm begining to question whether I really want to be part of a club with people like him...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 12, 2013, 07:05:13 pm by RedJ »

Your point with this being?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 12, 2013, 07:05:45 pm by wing commander »
   I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who works at the club who would agree that Jr runs it better than Gavin...and thats no sleight on Jr.  by the way...

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 12, 2013, 07:06:03 pm by Boomstick »
Out of interest,  who has viciously turned on him?
Sadly many people on this forum who have short memories.
I take heart in the knowledge that the majority of rovers fans do not post on this forum, and actually support JR. As witnessed on Saturday, and as we shal see against yeovil

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 12, 2013, 07:06:31 pm by Wellred »
Brian..I'm beginning to totally despair with this....So many people critical to us and the club are having there hearts ripped out by the anger and hate on this...Some peoples points  I accept others like skellowrovers are delivered with such hate and bitterness....it disgusts me and I'm begining to question whether I really want to be part of a club with people like him...

Hang on a minute it's not all one sided is it? There have been a fair few posts delivered with a lot of bitterness aimed at John Ryan as well. Correct?

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 12, 2013, 07:09:37 pm by Savvy »

Thought it would be patently obvious....he's a monkey not the organ grinder!!!!

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 12, 2013, 07:18:11 pm by SkellowRover »

Oh give it a rest with the dramatics!!!

My bitterness is towards the current owners and people running the club who have no interest apart from what is in it for themselves and 1 VSC director.
All along i have wanted whats best for the club and for 2 years have been warning that these things will happen to get called an idiot who didnt know what i was talking about by cerain people on the VSC board.
Before then i always applauded the VSC for what they did but when push came to shove what exactly have they done to prevent all this happening when they say themselves they are here to protect the club and make sure it's there for future generations? The only way the VSC had a chance was for it to have the backing of the supporters but when VSC directors and moderators of this board act like they do at times towards other supporters then all they do is widden the gap between them and the majority. Lets be honest here, if SC take control of the club do you think they would be willing to work with a board they have recently threatened legal action against? Get a grip on reality! The VSC needs a clearout at the top if it is to grow, get more of the fanbase on board and have a future working with SC if they are to be the new owners. Unfortunately all they say is 'Join the VSC and get elected yourself then', really? They expect people that don't support what they are doing to fund them in order to make change? It's laughable. Instead certain individuals should look in the mirror and walk without being pushed if they truely have whats best for the VSC, the supporters and the future of the club as their main interests.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 12, 2013, 07:20:22 pm by RedJ »

Thought it would be patently obvious....he's a monkey not the organ grinder!!!!

Dave Morris I believe was doing Gavin's job while he was still playing rugby.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 12, 2013, 07:22:39 pm by wing commander »
Skellow I will not get into any debate with you....I'm sorry but your poison..

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 12, 2013, 07:26:52 pm by Wellred »

Way out of order.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 12, 2013, 07:27:01 pm by SkellowRover »

That's your opinion, wrong but your opinion all the same.

Maybe the reason you wont debate is i'm actually closer to the mark and know things then you want to admit
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:38:50 pm by SkellowRover »

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 12, 2013, 07:40:21 pm by Savvy »

Your Terry Bramall and I claim my five pound!!!!!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 12, 2013, 07:48:52 pm by River Don »

My bitterness is towards the current owners and people running the club who have no interest apart from what is in it for themselves and 1 VSC director.
All along i have wanted whats best for the club and for 2 years have been warning that these things will happen to get called an idiot who didnt know what i was talking about by cerain people on the VSC board.
Before then i always applauded the VSC for what they did but when push came to shove what exactly have they done to prevent all this happening when they say themselves they are here to protect the club and make sure it's there for future generations? The only way the VSC had a chance was for it to have the backing of the supporters but when VSC directors and moderators of this board act like they do at times towards other supporters then all they do is widden the gap between them and the majority. Lets be honest here, if SC take control of the club do you think they would be willing to work with a board they have recently threatened legal action against? Get a grip on reality! The VSC needs a clearout at the top if it is to grow, get more of the fanbase on board and have a future working with SC if they are to be the new owners. Unfortunately all they say is 'Join the VSC and get elected yourself then', really? They expect people that don't support what they are doing to fund them in order to make change? It's laughable. Instead certain individuals should look in the mirror and walk without being pushed if they truely have whats best for the VSC, the supporters and the future of the club as their main interests.

John Ryan brought SC to the table. SC claim they want a friendly takeover. So why when the VSC ask for more information of the bid, as they were entitled to do as minor shareholders, on behalf of VSC members and believe it or not the wider support base too, were they rebuffed?

Why was it so wrong for the VSC to make these simple enquiries? Why are you so outraged by this approach? It's perfectly reasonable to want to know a little about the people and their plans isn't it Skellow?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:52:34 pm by River Don »

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 12, 2013, 07:51:40 pm by CraigyBoy »

What an awful thing to say! The only upside is your continued poor grammar and spelling.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 12, 2013, 07:58:16 pm by Wellred »

What an awful thing to say! The only upside is your continued poor grammar and spelling.

Totally unacceptable and against the rules of the forum. Had that been posted by certain other people no doubt they would have been warned.
Double standards eh.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 12, 2013, 08:06:58 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
When you're finished chaps don't forget to turn the lights off.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:11:50 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 12, 2013, 08:07:25 pm by Copps is Magic »
They hunt in packs....

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 12, 2013, 08:09:51 pm by Alickismyhero »

Way out of order.

Why is he out of order? he made a respectful negative comment. I see nothing wrong with that.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 12, 2013, 08:10:37 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
*edit fail

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 12, 2013, 08:11:10 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
*edit fail

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 12, 2013, 08:11:24 pm by SkellowRover »

John Ryan brought SC to the table. SC claim they want a friendly takeover. So why when the VSC ask for more information of the bid, as they were entitled to do as minor shareholders, on behalf of VSC members and believe it or not the wider support base too, were they rebuffed?

Why was it so wrong for the VSC to make these simple enquiries? Why are you so outraged by this approach? It's perfectly reasonable to want to know a little about the people and their plans isn't it Skellow?

Read my entire post again RD it's nothing to do with the VSC asking questions of SC, it's about other things completely.

Having said that I agree SC need to be asked questions but maybe there is a better way of doing it then a free for all on a forum that results in threatened legal action. Lets put ourselves in the shoes of SC, if you felt you had enough evidence to threaten the VSC with legal action over what is on their boards would you sit down and talk to them when the fact is in reality you don't have to in order to gain control of the club?

The only way the VSC has a chance is to have a much larger membership and appeal to the masses, that's where they are failing and the blame for that has to lay with their current board of directors and moderators of this forum and 1-2 of them in particular who feel getting praise of a dozen or so regular posters means they are doing a good job when in fact they are forcing people away from the co-operative with their attitudes towards other supporters.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 12, 2013, 08:11:40 pm by wilts rover »

which member would you think he most resembles wing commander? Doesn't bother me but I can see why Skellow and others might get upset about being compared to a member of a dodgy American 80's hair metal band. Some people just love creating antagonism (that was their third album btw, not the best)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 12, 2013, 08:15:07 pm by SkellowRover »

which member would you think he most resembles wing commander? Doesn't bother me but I can see why Skellow and others might get upset about being compared to a member of a dodgy American 80's hair metal band. Some people just love creating antagonism (that was their third album btw, not the best)

LMFAO now that is funny wilts

TinyPortal © 2005-2012