Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 12:55:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trevor Milton shows unwavering support for John Ryan  (Read 10428 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: Trevor Milton shows unwavering support for John Ryan
« Reply #30 on November 12, 2013, 08:17:02 pm by Wellred »
Skellow I will not get into any debate with you....I'm sorry but your poison..

Way out of order.

Why is he out of order? he made a respectful negative comment. I see nothing wrong with that.

Whilst I don't agree with a lot of yours posts Alickismyhero I do respect your opinion. However to see you agreeing calling someone poison is a "respectful negative comment".

Sorry but it seems you have sunk to the gutter along with WC.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:20:10 pm by Wellred »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 12, 2013, 08:29:03 pm by River Don »
Brian..I'm beginning to totally despair with this....So many people critical to us and the club are having there hearts ripped out by the anger and hate on this...Some peoples points  I accept others like skellowrovers are delivered with such hate and bitterness....it disgusts me and I'm begining to question whether I really want to be part of a club with people like him...

Oh give it a rest with the dramatics!!!

My bitterness is towards the current owners and people running the club who have no interest apart from what is in it for themselves and 1 VSC director.
All along i have wanted whats best for the club and for 2 years have been warning that these things will happen to get called an idiot who didnt know what i was talking about by cerain people on the VSC board.
Before then i always applauded the VSC for what they did but when push came to shove what exactly have they done to prevent all this happening when they say themselves they are here to protect the club and make sure it's there for future generations? The only way the VSC had a chance was for it to have the backing of the supporters but when VSC directors and moderators of this board act like they do at times towards other supporters then all they do is widden the gap between them and the majority. Lets be honest here, if SC take control of the club do you think they would be willing to work with a board they have recently threatened legal action against? Get a grip on reality! The VSC needs a clearout at the top if it is to grow, get more of the fanbase on board and have a future working with SC if they are to be the new owners. Unfortunately all they say is 'Join the VSC and get elected yourself then', really? They expect people that don't support what they are doing to fund them in order to make change? It's laughable. Instead certain individuals should look in the mirror and walk without being pushed if they truely have whats best for the VSC, the supporters and the future of the club as their main interests.

John Ryan brought SC to the table. SC claim they want a friendly takeover. So why when the VSC ask for more information of the bid, as they were entitled to do as minor shareholders, on behalf of VSC members and believe it or not the wider support base too, were they rebuffed?

Why was it so wrong for the VSC to make these simple enquiries? Why are you so outraged by this approach? It's perfectly reasonable to want to know a little about the people and their plans isn't it Skellow?

Read my entire post again RD it's nothing to do with the VSC asking questions of SC, it's about other things completely.

Having said that I agree SC need to be asked questions but maybe there is a better way of doing it then a free for all on a forum that results in threatened legal action. Lets put ourselves in the shoes of SC, if you felt you had enough evidence to threaten the VSC with legal action over what is on their boards would you sit down and talk to them when the fact is in reality you don't have to in order to gain control of the club?

The only way the VSC has a chance is to have a much larger membership and appeal to the masses, that's where they are failing and the blame for that has to lay with their current board of directors and moderators of this forum and 1-2 of them in particular who feel getting praise of a dozen or so regular posters means they are doing a good job when in fact they are forcing people away from the co-operative with their attitudes towards other supporters.

Okay, I have read it all again and to be honest with you, I'm still struggling to understand what your beef really is.

We agree then the VSC were quite within there rights to ask questions of the SC bid.

Now the thing about the forum, it's an open forum, the VSC have allowed you and several others to express your anger with them? You wouldn't disagree.

Whatever upset KP and lead to his demand for that thread to be removed came from concerned individuals. Not the VSC organisation. I've often wondered for instance if it might in part have been my link to an article which didn't paint a certain business man in a very good light at all. Perhaps, perhaps not. It was a published article available to anyone with Google search.

So is your anger at the VSC for not more actively censoring the forum then?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 12, 2013, 08:35:05 pm by DearneValleyRover »
We don't know what upset KP or Sequentia they never said they just threatened legal action if the whole thread was not removed. It was and to this date we still don't know why. if we  had left it up then we would have been forced to divulge the name of the person responsible for the comment which led to that action, as an organisation we did not want that to occur whether they were members or not.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 12, 2013, 08:43:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Skellow

My bitterness is towards the current owners and people running the club who have no interest apart from what is in it for themselves

So many words on here, yet not a muff from you on the question I posed on another thread asking by what logic you come to the conclusion that Bramall's in this to line his own pockets.

I keep on hearing this line from several people on here, but I've yet to see any argument to back it up.

I assume you've got one?

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 12, 2013, 09:11:51 pm by drfc1951 »
Skellow

My bitterness is towards the current owners and people running the club who have no interest apart from what is in it for themselves

So many words on here, yet not a muff from you on the question I posed on another thread asking by what logic you come to the conclusion that Bramall's in this to line his own pockets.

I keep on hearing this line from several people on here, but I've yet to see any argument to back it up.

I assume you've got one?

Obviously not.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 12, 2013, 09:40:38 pm by SkellowRover »
Skellow

I assume you've got one?

Obviously not.

All will eventually come to light i'm sure. Certain things need to remain private for now and not aired on a public forum.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 12, 2013, 09:41:10 pm by Savvy »
Skellow

I assume you've got one?

He's one for you Bill!

Why has Bramall taken a directorship in a club and industry that he openly admits to having no interest in? What do you suggest is his modus operandi?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 12, 2013, 09:47:32 pm by River Don »
Savvy

Read this article, particularly the last couple of paragraphs relating to Donny Rovers.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/features/money-gives-you-the-freedom-it-s-what-you-do-with-that-freedom-that-counts-1-5347442

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 13, 2013, 08:40:30 am by Wellred »
Savvy

Read this article, particularly the last couple of paragraphs relating to Donny Rovers.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/features/money-gives-you-the-freedom-it-s-what-you-do-with-that-freedom-that-counts-1-5347442

Hang on. The Yorkshire Post is owned by the same company as the DFP. How are we to believe any of that?

Or are we being selective again?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 13, 2013, 08:47:55 am by River Don »
Savvy

Hang on. The Yorkshire Post is owned by the same company as the DFP. How are we to believe any of that?

That article was published ten months ago before the takeover was in the wind.

Are we just being argumentative again?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 13, 2013, 08:53:02 am by Wellred »
Savvy

No just pointing out how some people believe what they want to believe and if it doesn't suit their argument it must be a lie.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 13, 2013, 08:59:38 am by River Don »
Savvy

No just pointing out how some people believe what they want to believe and if it doesn't suit their argument it must be a lie.

Look, that has always been TBs stated position and he has backed it up throughout the last few years. You can chose to believe him or you can cling on to the dark conspiracy theory.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 13, 2013, 09:04:08 am by Wellred »
Savvy

Look, that has always been TBs stated position and he has backed it up throughout the last few years. You can chose to believe him or you can cling on to the dark conspiracy theory.

You are missing my point River Don. Something you do quite often when you have your blinkers on.
I am saying why do people believe the YP when it suits but not the DFP?

Forget the content of the article.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 13, 2013, 09:10:06 am by River Don »
Well red, first that is an article from before the takeover saga began, what reason is there not to believe it?

I usually believe what is written in the DFP too but since this takeover has degenerated as it has one or two people have used the DFP to push a particular agenda, so I look at articles in the DFP with a more critical eye now.

Isn't that a reasonable response?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 13, 2013, 09:13:33 am by Wellred »
It is a more reasonable response yes although you still don't seem to entirely get my point. I will remind you the next time we get someone on here criticising a DFP journalist. I probably won't have to wait too long. It's out tomorrow  ;)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 13, 2013, 09:30:49 am by River Don »
I'm not really being critical of the DFP journalist. They are just reporting the information they are being given, perhaps they should be more questioning of their sources but that's another matter.

When someone uses the DFP to urge me, to behave in a certain manner then I am bound to ask... Why?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:51:03 am by River Don »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 13, 2013, 09:35:43 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Wellred

I was one of the ones last week saying that I take journalists' pieces with a pinch if salt when they are caveated with "we understand" and "it is believed."

In this case, they were clearly correct and I fully accept that (it'd be daft to do owt else).

So what are YOU saying about that Bramall article? Don't you believe it? And if not, why not?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 13, 2013, 09:38:23 am by River Don »
Billy, because it's all lies to hide a great big conspiracy?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:42:29 am by River Don »

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 13, 2013, 10:04:38 am by roverssam1879 »
Brian..I'm beginning to totally despair with this....So many people critical to us and the club are having there hearts ripped out by the anger and hate on this...Some peoples points  I accept others like skellowrovers are delivered with such hate and bitterness....it disgusts me and I'm begining to question whether I really want to be part of a club with people like him...

Oh give it a rest with the dramatics!!!

My bitterness is towards the current owners and people running the club who have no interest apart from what is in it for themselves and 1 VSC director.
All along i have wanted whats best for the club and for 2 years have been warning that these things will happen to get called an idiot who didnt know what i was talking about by cerain people on the VSC board.
Before then i always applauded the VSC for what they did but when push came to shove what exactly have they done to prevent all this happening when they say themselves they are here to protect the club and make sure it's there for future generations? The only way the VSC had a chance was for it to have the backing of the supporters but when VSC directors and moderators of this board act like they do at times towards other supporters then all they do is widden the gap between them and the majority. Lets be honest here, if SC take control of the club do you think they would be willing to work with a board they have recently threatened legal action against? Get a grip on reality! The VSC needs a clearout at the top if it is to grow, get more of the fanbase on board and have a future working with SC if they are to be the new owners. Unfortunately all they say is 'Join the VSC and get elected yourself then', really? They expect people that don't support what they are doing to fund them in order to make change? It's laughable. Instead certain individuals should look in the mirror and walk without being pushed if they truely have whats best for the VSC, the supporters and the future of the club as their main interests.

John Ryan brought SC to the table. SC claim they want a friendly takeover. So why when the VSC ask for more information of the bid, as they were entitled to do as minor shareholders, on behalf of VSC members and believe it or not the wider support base too, were they rebuffed?

Why was it so wrong for the VSC to make these simple enquiries? Why are you so outraged by this approach? It's perfectly reasonable to want to know a little about the people and their plans isn't it Skellow?

Why the need to ask questions and not believe in what JR thinks about SC as well as Milton.

After all, they have both been around the club longer than the KM2.

This is the reason there has a become a divide on here.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on November 13, 2013, 10:53:47 am by River Don »
Sam

I understand your point completely. John has done wondeful things for the Rovers, he would never knowingly do anything to harm them. Doesn't that deserve our full support?

Well, the thing is I am not a religious person and I do not believe John is infallible.

From everything I know of Terry Bramall, he wants the best for the club too but he has a different vision for what is best for the club.

I support both of them. I wish they could both still work together.

The big unknown here is Sequentia Capital.

We are being asked to take them on blind faith. I'm not a religious person.

Terry obviously has some concerns. The VSC have concerns too. Until they are more open and tell us who they are and what they intend to do, I can only remain sceptical.

What about you Sam? What do you know about Sequentia Capital?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:56:48 am by River Don »

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on November 13, 2013, 12:07:04 pm by roverssam1879 »
RD,

John has done wondeful things for the Rovers, he would never knowingly do anything to harm them. Doesn't that deserve our full support?

Yes, yes it does indeed. Bar the McKay saga (which was a stab in the dark as we were already doomed that season), I do not know of anything JR has done to adversely affect the club on or off the pitch.

I too do agree that no one is infallible. But for the work and love for the club JR has expressed throughout the years means that I believe him and trust him to do right going forward.

From everything I know of Terry Bramall, he wants the best for the club too but he has a different vision for what is best for the club.

I fail to see (maybe through the lack of passion he has) what he wants is best for the club. The guy lacks vision and passion when it comes to our club, he is very much a silent party, not something I want when looking at a chairman (not likely)/owner of our club. This may be a heightened sense I have due to JR's outgoing bubbly character which can be infectious when he delivers such passion to the fans and the team. He makes you believe he will do as he says because 9 out of 10 times he comes up with the goods.

Lets not forget that TB previousley stepped down as a director. This is a prominent reason why I along with many others do not feel he has the clubs best interest at heart (100%).

He is a money maker, JR is a fan.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 13, 2013, 12:18:43 pm by River Don »
Sam

TB hasn't made any money out of the Rovers. He's spent quite a bit on them though.

TB has always been consistent in what he thinks is best for the Rovers. He wants a financially sustainable club and he is with the other partners to spend money funding the club to achieve more.

The reason he stepped aside is entirely consistent too. He felt the club were starting to spend too much and risking that sustainable model. It was a road he didn't want to follow. With reassurances he returned to the fold and again started investing in the club.

Now about Sequentia Capital, what do you know of them?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 12:30:58 pm by River Don »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on November 13, 2013, 12:29:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I'm not sure that football is a 'business' in strict terms of the meaning. Businesses make money, football clubs generally don't.

If a businessman takes over a club and runs it as an ordinary business I suspect although the club may remain in the black it will be left behind by more financially adventurous run clubs.

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 13, 2013, 12:33:04 pm by CraigyBoy »
Could this be just a case of people leaving what they perceive to be a sinking ship and squabbling with each other over who gets the best seat in the lifeboat?

As far as I was lead to believe, the money put in by the directors was/is in the form of loans which generate them better interest than, say, a bank account? Perhaps, if it was me, I'd want to realise those loans by selling to someone when the club had just got promoted and was a good business proposition, rather than being bottom of the league and heading downwards. Whatever this whole thing is about, you can bet your donny rover teddy that it involves money, not footballing passion.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 13, 2013, 12:34:00 pm by roverssam1879 »
But at which level does he want to run his model? it doesnt seem to me as if he is striving for us to stay in the championship!? such little investment this year to the playing squad.

I know nothing of SC, which is why I am not banding questions to them.

Affraid of the unknown? certainly, but if there was one man I would trust to ask the questions, it would be Mr DRFC himself. I feel that other minor parties sticking thier beaks in can only delay or create negative relations.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 13, 2013, 12:34:38 pm by roverssam1879 »
Could this be just a case of people leaving what they perceive to be a sinking ship and squabbling with each other over who gets the best seat in the lifeboat?

As far as I was lead to believe, the money put in by the directors was/is in the form of loans which generate them better interest than, say, a bank account? Perhaps, if it was me, I'd want to realise those loans by selling to someone when the club had just got promoted and was a good business proposition, rather than being bottom of the league and heading downwards. Whatever this whole thing is about, you can bet your donny rover teddy that it involves money, not footballing passion.

Sadly I feel you make a good point

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 13, 2013, 01:00:22 pm by River Don »
But at which level does he want to run his model? it doesnt seem to me as if he is striving for us to stay in the championship!? such little investment this year to the playing squad.

I know nothing of SC, which is why I am not banding questions to them.

Affraid of the unknown? certainly, but if there was one man I would trust to ask the questions, it would be Mr DRFC himself. I feel that other minor parties sticking thier beaks in can only delay or create negative relations.

He wants Rovers to be as good as they can be, he wants them at the highest level they can achieve. Just so long as they stay within budget, which by the way, thanks in part to him is much larger than most clubs with a support the size of Rovers.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on November 13, 2013, 01:27:48 pm by Alickismyhero »
Skellow I will not get into any debate with you....I'm sorry but your poison..

Way out of order.

Why is he out of order? he made a respectful negative comment. I see nothing wrong with that.

Whilst I don't agree with a lot of yours posts Alickismyhero I do respect your opinion. However to see you agreeing calling someone poison is a "respectful negative comment".

Sorry but it seems you have sunk to the gutter along with WC.

WRed,

I think I am the only one on the forum who sticks up for you,your comments and the right to make them and I don't agree with them but its a bit cheap to say ""you have sunk to the gutter" cheap and silly when all I did was to support a forum user to express his opinion,as I have with you and your comments in the past. Cheap

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on November 13, 2013, 01:46:33 pm by Alickismyhero »
Back to topic.
BS,
My family and friends found it hard to believe that John was going to resign and encourage a Bramall out campaign on the Saturday when I told them on the Friday night. The end result when it happened is that they were appalled with his actions. The reason John is taking stick is for this selfish action. Could he have handled it better Yes on the Sunday but no it had to be done to do maximum damage to Bramall and the board.

I don't know Bramall, I don't think many supporters do, but I am lead to believe that he is a hard cookie I just hope he is up to the fight.  But there is no fight because John resigned and has gone.

The KING IS DEAD LONG LIVE THE KING.

The more comments I read that I find totally inaccurate encourages me to get right behind BRAMALL. Its not because I know him its because of JOHN's actions at Barnsley, abysmal.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 13, 2013, 02:17:14 pm by TheFunk »
RD,

John has done wondeful things for the Rovers, he would never knowingly do anything to harm them. Doesn't that deserve our full support?

Yes, yes it does indeed. Bar the McKay saga (which was a stab in the dark as we were already doomed that season), I do not know of anything JR has done to adversely affect the club on or off the pitch.

I too do agree that no one is infallible. But for the work and love for the club JR has expressed throughout the years means that I believe him and trust him to do right going forward.

I fail to see (maybe through the lack of passion he has) what he wants is best for the club. The guy lacks vision and passion when it comes to our club, he is very much a silent party, not something I want when looking at a chairman (not likely)/owner of our club. This may be a heightened sense I have due to JR's outgoing bubbly character which can be infectious when he delivers such passion to the fans and the team. He makes you believe he will do as he says because 9 out of 10 times he comes up with the goods.

Lets not forget that TB previousley stepped down as a director. This is a prominent reason why I along with many others do not feel he has the clubs best interest at heart (100%).

He is a money maker, JR is a fan.

Don't forget JR himself once walked away in the past. Then as now, he didn't like not getting his own way.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012