Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 11:43:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Match fixing  (Read 8850 times)

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
Match fixing
« on November 27, 2013, 11:00:04 pm by Belle_Vue »
On sky sports app, 3 english players not premiership clubs.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 09:58:51 am by Belle_Vue »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
Re: Match fixing hits Britain
« Reply #1 on November 27, 2013, 11:14:33 pm by afro goal machine »
Didn't some players in league 2 get found out a few years ago. The average amount better on a league 2 game was like 10k and the match in question was 250k plus ?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 27, 2013, 11:19:12 pm by Chris Black come back »
We all know refs have been at it for years. No way can you explain some of the decisions we have received during Championship years. Full of crooks.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 27, 2013, 11:29:32 pm by silent majority »
There's a Canadian guy called Declan Hill, who gave a well informed presentation at a recent FSF conference about this, his blog is here;

http://fsf.org.uk/blog/view/match-fixing-threatens-survival-of-football

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 27, 2013, 11:29:46 pm by Copps is Magic »
Thank god non of our players have unusual betting histories ... wait a minute

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 27, 2013, 11:32:46 pm by Dare to dream! »
It will end up being in conference or another low league. Match fixing won't get into the Prem and probably Champ because they already get enough money anyway.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 28, 2013, 12:26:24 am by RedJ »
It will end up being in conference or another low league. Match fixing won't get into the Prem and probably Champ because they already get enough money anyway.

You'd think so, wouldn't you.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 28, 2013, 12:31:11 am by Mr1Croft »
Football League statement: Chief Executive Shaun Harvey said: "We understand from media reports that there is an ongoing Police investigation into alleged match fixing in domestic football.

"To date, we have had no contact from the Police regarding this matter.

"The threat of corruption is something that The Football League and the other football authorities treat with the utmost seriousness. The integrity of our matches and our competitions is the bedrock of the domestic game."

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 28, 2013, 07:55:09 am by The Red Baron »
There were some arrests in Australia recently and some of the players involved had played for a club in the Conference South that had been under suspicion for irregular betting patterns. I wonder if the police investigation here is a follow-on from that.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 28, 2013, 09:14:12 am by silent majority »
To suggest match fixing has 'arrived' would be wrong, it should be more evidence comes to light.

Declan Hill has been trying to warn the FL, FA and PL for years to no avail. A couple of years ago he couldn't even get an appointment to see them.

This was from 4 years ago;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/accrington-stanley/5886148/FA-ban-four-players-for-betting-on-Accrington-Stanley-match-against-Bury.html

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 28, 2013, 09:23:02 am by The Red Baron »
There were some arrests in Australia recently and some of the players involved had played for a club in the Conference South that had been under suspicion for irregular betting patterns. I wonder if the police investigation here is a follow-on from that.

Hornchurch was the team I was trying to think of. I believe a couple more Conference South sides were also under suspicion last season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24171344

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 28, 2013, 09:25:38 am by The Red Baron »
And there's more...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21807316

I'm not defending the FA's lack of action, but I wonder if they've been advised not to get involved for fear of prejudicing an ongoing police enquiry?

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 28, 2013, 09:45:42 am by Wade Falana »
One of them is Delroy Facey

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
Re: Match fixing hits Britain (Revealed in Britain)
« Reply #13 on November 28, 2013, 10:00:18 am by Belle_Vue »
Delroy Facey, really?

It's something that needs clamping down on across sport look at snooker recently.  And Ronnie explained it is much more wide spread

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 28, 2013, 11:02:17 am by Donnybax »
I heard rumours of milwall throwing a home game to Leicester a few years ago and after watching the highlights it did look a bit suspicious

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 28, 2013, 11:31:41 am by The Red Baron »
There was a game played around 20 years ago in the Premier League that has always attracted suspicion, and one of the participants was subsequently tried (along with Bruce Grobbelaar)- although this particular match was not included in the indictments. The player concerned was found not guilty but was subsequently sanctioned by the FA for breaching betting regulations.

If you've ever seen highlights of this game- which was a vital end-of-season game- there are certain aspects of it that look very odd indeed.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 28, 2013, 10:39:59 pm by wilts rover »
How anyone could think Delroy Facey might be involved in match fixing is beyond me..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WvXxNYF8tI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WvXxNYF8tI</a>

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 29, 2013, 05:42:55 am by PDX_Rover »
Del Boy Facey.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 29, 2013, 07:08:48 am by River Don »

I don't believe there are any limits to greed.

Look at the financial crisis in the city, the people there are coining it in. At one time seen as the great and the good. Yet we still have the Libor scam, illegal currency manipulation, Credit card scams, PPI misselling,  money laundering and more.

It might help if some of the actually faced prison when they get found out.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:13:11 am by River Don »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 29, 2013, 12:37:18 pm by RedJ »

I don't believe there are any limits to greed.

Look at the financial crisis in the city, the people there are coining it in. At one time seen as the great and the good. Yet we still have the Libor scam, illegal currency manipulation, Credit card scams, PPI misselling,  money laundering and more.

It might help if some of the actually faced prison when they get found out.

That's what I was getting at.

If they no longer cared about how much more they could make, why bigger and bigger tv contracts?

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 08, 2013, 01:14:30 pm by Belle_Vue »
Uncovered in championship.
No surprises pompey player involved...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 08, 2013, 01:21:16 pm by GazLaz »
Sam Sodje.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 08, 2013, 04:57:33 pm by albie »
Looks like Oldham and Tranmere players are in the frame;
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/match-fixing-claims-oldham-athletic-6383499

Tranmere have put out a holding statement, pending inquiries.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 08, 2013, 08:28:46 pm by Alickismyhero »
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but in one interview the Fixer says

"If the fix is on then one of the players will get a yellow card"

Have we got anyone who consistently getting yellow cards?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 08, 2013, 08:56:24 pm by roversdude »
Ffs think they best start looking at Blackpool

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 08, 2013, 09:28:58 pm by Belle_Vue »
I was thinking that alick, a certain central player has picked up a hell of a lot. But I'm thinking thats because he feels he needs a break every few games.

Am I right in saying I watched a documentary on tv uncovering match fixing, involving video with an ex England international in an Asian country?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 08, 2013, 10:29:34 pm by mushRTID »
Just seen Sodje and Montano on the news. Absolute disgrace and extremely worrying. I hope none of our ex players comes out in all this.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 08, 2013, 10:46:38 pm by newyankee »

Football is it's own worst enemy. Taking all the money they do from gambling organisations and then being surprised they are run by crooks.  Nearly all run by Chinese and other Asians with disreputable backgrounds who don't care about sport, only making money. 

After the revelations about Cricket it was only a matter of time. They don't have to fix the result, only get sent off/booked at a specific time in a game. They only have to fix small things to make a lot of money.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 08, 2013, 11:45:38 pm by RedJ »
I was thinking that alick, a certain central player has picked up a hell of a lot. But I'm thinking thats because he feels he needs a break every few games.

Am I right in saying I watched a documentary on tv uncovering match fixing, involving video with an ex England international in an Asian country?

Think that was to do with foreigners buying into the English game, can't remember what was supposed to be dodgy about it but there was something. Bryan Robson is the player you're thinking of.

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 09, 2013, 12:01:00 am by Belle_Vue »

Thats the one! Re jogged my mind, how to buy a football club or something

Think that was to do with foreigners buying into the English game, can't remember what was supposed to be dodgy about it but there was something. Bryan Robson is the player you're thinking of.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012