Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 08:39:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Offside? Onside?  (Read 6743 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Offside? Onside?
« on December 14, 2013, 05:21:47 pm by Filo »
I have no idea and wasn't in a position to see, but how late was that flag,even Mr I love the big team Dowd had signalled a goal before the flag went up. That goal stands and it's a different game!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MiKA

• Forum Member
Re: Offside? Onside?
« Reply #1 on December 14, 2013, 05:24:23 pm by MiKA »
For whatever reason I was watching the linesman all through that goal and even when the ball was in the back of the net his flag was firmly down ....... off side or not he was well out  of order

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 14, 2013, 05:26:30 pm by Filo »
The ref had signalled a goal!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 14, 2013, 05:33:00 pm by glosterred »
It was so late a flag that Theo was half way to the side of the pitch in celebration - late is not the word!

COYR

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 14, 2013, 06:13:50 pm by POD »
I couldn't believe it when the flag went up.  The decision may well have been correct ( I haven't seen the replay yet) but there  was absolutely no excuse for the flag to go up so late.  As soon as Robinson touched the ball, the flag should have been raised.  I'd be very interested to know what was in the linesmans mind - perhaps there was some influence from the Leeds fans behind his back?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 14, 2013, 06:52:01 pm by idler »
Ridiculously late.
The ball had hit the back of the net before he flagged.
Refs always look to the linesman before signalling a goal and as you say Dowd was on his way back to the centre before turning back.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 14, 2013, 06:57:46 pm by Wellred »
The first Leeds goal was offside but the ref didn't notice as the linesman didn't put his flag up until half time in the tunnel.  :)

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 14, 2013, 07:00:29 pm by Al4475 »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Wellred that's a classic!

PMSL!

Malc Morling

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 14, 2013, 07:04:03 pm by Malc Morling »
 :( :(
The first Leeds goal was offside but the ref didn't notice as the linesman didn't put his flag up until half time in the tunnel.  :)
:(Our goal was def offside i said 2 my m8 thats offside but i'll take it before flag went up

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 14, 2013, 07:53:53 pm by Al4475 »
My initial thought was Theo was in an offside position - What rankles the most is that the flag stayed down for so bloody long! If it had gone up with when he first touched it fair enough - but to have two or three touches, the ball hit the back of the net and the player to be halfway back to the halfway line in celebration before it goes up is bang on ridiculous!

It completely deflated the Rovers players and they never really recovered from that shock! I'm not normally one to moan about refs and assistants as I think over the course of a season all dodgy decisions for or against probably balance each other out - but that was crazy and the lino seemed to be swayed by the Leeds fans behind him!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 14, 2013, 07:58:58 pm by Filo »
If the flag hasn't gone up when Theo got the first touch, any touch there after can't be offside

shaun from thorne

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 14, 2013, 08:02:53 pm by shaun from thorne »
If only the linesman new the rules :headbang:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 14, 2013, 08:05:41 pm by Donnywolf »
My initial thought was Theo was in an offside position - What rankles the most is that the flag stayed down for so bloody long! If it had gone up with when he first touched it fair enough - but to have two or three touches, the ball hit the back of the net and the player to be halfway back to the halfway line in celebration before it goes up is bang on ridiculous!

It completely deflated the Rovers players and they never really recovered from that shock! I'm not normally one to moan about refs and assistants as I think over the course of a season all dodgy decisions for or against probably balance each other out - but that was crazy and the lino seemed to be swayed by the Leeds fans behind him!

I could not do your job for a gold pig

I would just have had to say scorer for Rovers Number 22 Theo Robinson .... oh no you've disallowed it you cheating cnuts

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 14, 2013, 08:06:44 pm by Donnywolf »
If only the linesman new the rules :headbang:

Or even Knew them

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 14, 2013, 09:02:15 pm by ravenrover »
If he was offside he should have been flagged as soon as he made a run for the pass as he then became active, never mind after he taken 23 touches and stroked it into the back of the net off the 3rd stud on his boot. The decision was a joke

shaun from thorne

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 14, 2013, 09:06:14 pm by shaun from thorne »
sorrie donie wulf mi engish at skoowl wasnt my best sub jeckt

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 14, 2013, 09:47:30 pm by Tiddysdad »
.......... the ball hit the back of the net and the player to be halfway back to the halfway line in celebration before it goes up is bang on ridiculous!
It completely deflated the Rovers players and they never really recovered from that shock! 

I also think that the booking just before their goal was a late decision the players were ready for the free kick then the ref decided to get his cards out. It totally put our players off.
The ref had ages to book him why wait till everyone was in position.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 14, 2013, 10:57:53 pm by TheFunk »
 I'm guessing the yellow was entering the field of play without the referees permission.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 14, 2013, 11:01:35 pm by PDX_Rover »
Furman apparently got booked for entering the field of okay without being permitted as the ref thought he'd has treatment after clattering the hoardings when in fact he had not treatment??? At least that is what I heard from the old man.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 14, 2013, 11:21:46 pm by DaveDRFC »
The physio came on though so whether he had treatment or not play has still been held up. I just assumed he had been booked because the tackle (if you could even call it that!!) was so poor.

I'm not a fan of Dowd at all but thought he had a pretty good game today, he can't help it if his linesman is going to take half an hour over an offside decision. To be fair to him he did go and have a word with him rather than just get on with it, so even he must have wondered what he was playing at.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 15, 2013, 01:09:03 am by Filo »
The physio came on though so whether he had treatment or not play has still been held up. I just assumed he had been booked because the tackle (if you could even call it that!!) was so poor.

I'm not a fan of Dowd at all but thought he had a pretty good game today, he can't help it if his linesman is going to take half an hour over an offside decision. To be fair to him he did go and have a word with him rather than just get on with it, so even he must have wondered what he was playing at.

When he went to have a word, he should have told him he didn't give the first touch offside so he can't disallow the goal, we don't have retrospective decisions in football

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 15, 2013, 01:42:10 am by DaveDRFC »
But he clearly did give the first touch offside, he just didn't flag for it until really really late? I'm not sure what you're getting at with that argument to be honest.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 15, 2013, 02:27:22 am by Not Now Kato »
But he clearly did give the first touch offside, he just didn't flag for it until really really late? I'm not sure what you're getting at with that argument to be honest.

The linesman  actually followed play down the pitch after Theo received the ball. Only when the ball went into the net did he run back up the pitch 5 or more yards before raising his flag.  Clearly inept and influenced, (intimidated?), by the Leeds fans at that side. Pathetic and plain wrong! Should not be allowed to officiate again.

As for Dowd, completely hopeless as a ref. So far behind play most of the time, and when he tells a player to hurry up and, (for example take a goal kick), he does nothing when said player does not! Utter waste of space with a whistle.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 15, 2013, 08:53:01 am by The Red Baron »

The decision may have been correct, but because the flag was so late it had zero credibility.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 15, 2013, 09:11:15 am by Bentley Bullet »
The whole point is the official was intimidated. It was blatant proof that it happens, and confirms to me what I've suspected in just about every game we've played in the Championship over the last five years.

I would bet the officials have cost us more points than we've actually won, in this league.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 15, 2013, 09:42:22 am by Filo »

No he didn't or the flag would have gone up before Theo had a shot, something made him change his mind, like other have alluded to, he was influenced by the Leeds fans down the side

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 15, 2013, 09:47:31 am by roversdude »
He actually seemed to put his flag down indicating play on until ball was firmly nestled in net

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 15, 2013, 09:53:46 am by Not Now Kato »
He actually seemed to put his flag down indicating play on until ball was firmly nestled in net

Exactly.  He then ran back up the pitch, (5 or more yards), level with the point Theo took the ball before raising his flag.  Totally unfit to run the line.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 15, 2013, 10:17:44 am by Al4475 »
I could not do your job for a gold pig

I would just have had to say scorer for Rovers Number 22 Theo Robinson .... oh no you've disallowed it you cheating cnuts

It was hard yesterday Wolfie that's for sure! It's much easier and far more fun when we're doing ok and things are going for us!

But then again that's the same for every fan.  :lol:

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 15, 2013, 10:56:33 am by Milepostuk »
Maybe the board might reconsider the decision to give "big teams" an extra 1000 (ish) seats. It may be the difference between staying up or relegation if they influence lino's!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012