Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:16:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Doncaster Vs Leeds Thoughts from a Leeds fan  (Read 5922 times)

Rowopn

Doncaster Vs Leeds Thoughts from a Leeds fan
« on December 15, 2013, 06:48:45 pm by Rowopn »
Ive been reading the after match posts,people saying Rovers were the better team, well surely the best team won and that was Leeds united.
You can look at stats,posession etc all you want but Leeds set out their stall to play the long ball and grab the chances. If you don't take your chances you don't get anywhere.
Leeds have been poor on the road,yesterday we played the Warnock style long ball and it paid off. We certainly don't play like that at home but for all the passing you did its the finishing that counts.

Leeds are in a good position at the moment and a shout at getting out of this league,after all there isn't really any good teams in this league and seeing as the new owners have restored faith into the club and healthy funds available in january you should be cheering another yorkshire team to the top flight.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
Re: Doncaster Vs Leeds Thoughts from a Leeds fan
« Reply #1 on December 15, 2013, 06:55:38 pm by scaley back rover »
hello ic1 or friend of

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 15, 2013, 06:57:50 pm by RedJ »
Why on earth would we cheer another team to do well?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 07:00:32 pm by RedJ »

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 15, 2013, 06:59:23 pm by Wellred »
Well that didn't take long did it.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 15, 2013, 07:00:34 pm by PDX_Rover »
(Delete)

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 15, 2013, 07:00:48 pm by CJK »
Leeds will be in the Championship next season, no doubt about it.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 15, 2013, 07:01:21 pm by newyankee »
 Sorry, but Rovers fans would NEVER cheer Leeds, perhaps if Leeds fans were a bit more magnanimous  towards other teams that might make a difference.  However, there are many Leeds fans who run only second to Millwall for being disliked by other fans. 

Reading your 606 forum there were many in Leeds and elsewhere who were sweating for much of the game yesterday.  You won, because you have players who can convert chances. something our board needs to address and quickly.

Rover By The Tyne

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 15, 2013, 07:02:08 pm by Rover By The Tyne »
Ive been reading the after match posts,people saying Rovers were the better team, well surely the best team won and that was Leeds united.
You can look at stats,posession etc all you want but Leeds set out their stall to play the long ball and grab the chances. If you don't take your chances you don't get anywhere.
Leeds have been poor on the road,yesterday we played the Warnock style long ball and it paid off. We certainly don't play like that at home but for all the passing you did its the finishing that counts.

Leeds are in a good position at the moment and a shout at getting out of this league,after all there isn't really any good teams in this league and seeing as the new owners have restored faith into the club and healthy funds available in january you should be cheering another yorkshire team to the top flight.

Your thoughts are probably much more appreciated on a forum with your own supporters. I'd never wish anything as nice as a promotion to the premier league on Leeds but it'd be nice to not get stupid posts like this on our forum after every game if it was to happen.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 15, 2013, 07:03:20 pm by Bentley Bullet »
After giving some considerable thought to you're suggestion that we should be cheering your team to the top flight, I've decided that I would rather eat shit and die.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 15, 2013, 07:05:34 pm by lee.j09 »

from Doncaster??

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 15, 2013, 07:13:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
f**k me Mick.

Someone phone Social Services. The bloke's in need of clinical help. More personalities than An Evening With Des O'Connor.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 15, 2013, 07:23:52 pm by Surrey Rover »
  You won, because you have players who can convert chances. something our board needs to address and quickly.

Theo took one of the chances that came our way and that stage it would have been one chance taken to both sides. The way that goal was ruled out is worthy of further investigation and should be examined at the highest level. This wasn't just a lino getting an decision wrong in a split second it was one of the craziest decisions I've ever witnessed in nearly 40 years watching football. Video evidence proves the goal should have counted and for me it's on a par with the Stuart Attwell  incident at Watford in 2008.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 15, 2013, 07:27:19 pm by IC1967 »
Welcome Rowopn to our forum. Ignore the other posters. I wish you well in your endeavours to get back into the Premiership where you belong. I think I speak for the silent majority of Rovers fans that hope you make it. Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire etc.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 15, 2013, 07:39:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Jesus Wept. It's like being trapped in Being John Malkovich.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 15, 2013, 07:51:04 pm by RedJ »
At least you'll never be alone Mick...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 15, 2013, 08:01:59 pm by Bentley Bullet »
 I reckon he doesn't get any attention at home, and being nobody's fool, he comes on here hoping someone will adopt him.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 15, 2013, 09:32:10 pm by RedRover45 »
Welcome Rowopn to our forum. Ignore the other posters. I wish you well in your endeavours to get back into the Premiership where you belong. I think I speak for the silent majority of Rovers fans that hope you make it. Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire etc.

Delusions of a paranoid schizophrenic mind. It's like a cross between Psycho and Jeckyl and Hyde. This is the first and last time I shall bite and answer this. I'd rather shave my knackers with a shard of broken glass with barbed wire wrapped around it. Now **** off back to the rest of the West Yorkshire pond life...

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 15, 2013, 11:17:54 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
There was a woman in a story in ''The Sun'' today,who has multiple personalities,and i still don't think she's got anything on this fella,it's like being in a room with ''Norman Bates'',''mother should i give them clean linen?'' :rolleyes:

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 15, 2013, 11:28:02 pm by River Don »
IC,

Are you hoping Wednesday go up too?

Yorkshire, Yorkshire, etc...

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 16, 2013, 12:11:53 am by IC1967 »

IC,

Are you hoping Wednesday go up too?

Yorkshire, Yorkshire, etc...

Of course I am. It won't happen though.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 16, 2013, 09:09:25 am by Wild Rover »
Im not that bothered whether LUFC are at some stage promoted to PL. Truthfully if they were it would be a short lived experience. Aspirations are fine, but keep reality close at hand.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 16, 2013, 09:25:15 am by mrfrostsdad »
I hope the b######s do go up.
Gives us 6 more points to play for. Cos let's face it, we haven't taken any points off them recently

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 16, 2013, 09:29:35 am by River Don »
IC

You support any Yorkshire club bar Hull whom you've deemed not Yorkshire because of some bizarre politically inspired boundary change that lasted only a short while.

How about Barnsley and Rotherham?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 16, 2013, 10:21:45 am by IC1967 »
IC

You support any Yorkshire club bar Hull whom you've deemed not Yorkshire because of some bizarre politically inspired boundary change that lasted only a short while.

How about Barnsley and Rotherham?

Yes I also support Barnsley and Rotherham. Not to the same extent as Rovers and Leeds but I do want them to do well as long as it is not at the expense of Rovers and Leeds. I find it difficult to support a club with a split personality such as Hull. Are they Hull City or are they Hull Tigers? Are they from Humberside or are they from East Yorkshire? That said, because they used to be in Yorkshire they also get my blessing.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 16, 2013, 11:28:00 am by RedJ »
What the f**k kind of fan supports all "their" team's rivals as well?

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 16, 2013, 11:45:12 am by CraigyBoy »
What the f*** kind of fan supports all "their" team's rivals as well?

The insane type.

Rowopn

« Reply #26 on December 16, 2013, 12:52:29 pm by Rowopn »
He isnt supporting his team rival. He is supporting doncaster and Yorkshire, the same as when you support Doncaster and your National team(England for example).
Wouldnt you rather have Leeds a Yorkshire team in the English Premier League rather than the likes of Swansea and Cardiff?

I personally hope we could all be promoted.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 16, 2013, 01:09:29 pm by The Red Baron »
He isnt supporting his team rival. He is supporting doncaster and Yorkshire, the same as when you support Doncaster and your National team(England for example).
Wouldnt you rather have Leeds a Yorkshire team in the English Premier League rather than the likes of Swansea and Cardiff?

I personally hope we could all be promoted.

I don't really give two hoots who gets promoted if it isn't Donny- and even then I fear a season in the PL could be rather a painful one.

Looking at it from a purely financial point of view, it suits us to have as many local clubs in the same division as us as possible. Taking that to its logical conclusion and assuming we stayed up, we'd want Barnsley and Wednesday to stay up, Leeds and Forest to stay where they are, Rotherham and the Blunts to be promoted and maybe Hull to come down.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 16, 2013, 01:13:58 pm by newyankee »
 I seem to think that we are missing the point here. If, and I say IF, Leeds are promoted, how many more so called or possible Rovers fans will switch to Leeds as they have in the past. It could make life more difficult for the rest of us. By the way we already have a Yorkshire team in the PL, Hull CITY.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 16, 2013, 01:39:44 pm by IC1967 »
I seem to think that we are missing the point here. If, and I say IF, Leeds are promoted, how many more so called or possible Rovers fans will switch to Leeds as they have in the past. It could make life more difficult for the rest of us. By the way we already have a Yorkshire team in the PL, Hull CITY.

I think you'll find they are from Humberside.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012