Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 03:25:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sick of our "fans"  (Read 5127 times)

swintonrover

• Forum Member
Sick of our "fans"
« on January 04, 2014, 06:34:03 pm by swintonrover »
Is it seriously any wonder we play appallingly at home with the moaning and griping that our fans come out with? People have being saying that we played well at QPR, Derby, Wigan. Might this be because we are away from the cynicism and moaning of the Keepmoat?
I'm not gonna say we were fantastic today, because we weren't, but nor am I going to call for Dickov's head, because that would be even more disruptive.
The self-entitlement of our so-called fans is ridiculous. Who the f*** do you think we are? Last year, it took a late equaliser to draw against Stevenage at the Keepmoat.
You want owners to splash out millions, to win every game? F*** off and support Man City or Chelsea. I've had enough of this repetitive drivel after every match this season, win, lose or draw.
I fell in love with Rovers because, to coin a phrase "we were a pub team having a laugh", we had a sense if humour and fun. The success, whilst pleasant, is the worst thing that has happened to our fans. We've come to expect too much, and quite frankly it's ridiculous.

Always remember where you started.

Now, I'll be at Blackburn, next Saturday, supporting my team, getting hurt when we concede and feeling up when we win, because I truly am

RTID

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Sick of our "fans"
« Reply #1 on January 04, 2014, 06:35:55 pm by mushRTID »
Nothing worse than someone telling you to "f**k off and support Man City" for being concerned and upset that your club is a mess.

Idiot.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 04, 2014, 06:38:03 pm by karldew »
Amen!

We are Doncaster supporters....support Doncaster!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 04, 2014, 06:38:45 pm by mrfrostsdad »
You've not been feeling too 'up' then lately eh Swinton??

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 04, 2014, 06:38:53 pm by MrWoodySir »
Nothing worse than someone telling you to "f*** off and support Man City" for being concerned and upset that your club is a mess.

Idiot.
This, very much this.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 04, 2014, 06:39:55 pm by swintonrover »
Believe me, I am very concerned and upset about my club losing every week. However, moaning for the sake of moaning about Dickov, Woods, Cotterill, the tea lady will get us nowhere. I will judge Paul Dickov at the end of the season, rather than calling him every name under the sun, as some have been doing.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 04, 2014, 06:41:25 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
My frustration is the joy some seem to have when we're losing. That's very sad to see very very sad.

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 04, 2014, 06:43:00 pm by watto-drfc »
we pay are money every week so we are entitled to an opinion

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 04, 2014, 06:43:10 pm by mrfrostsdad »
That's fair enough Swinton. I'm not gonna call him names, and as you'll see I've posted on another thread he took on a job a Championship Manager would not have taken on without lots of money.
But, he's out of his depth, the players are not playing for him, so only one end result - the manager gets sacked. Best do it while we've still a chance to stay in this division?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 04, 2014, 06:51:46 pm by wesisback »
Keep telling these fans to leave? They are in their droves! Most of you will finally get your way when there's a few hundred of you watching a piss poor game against Lincoln at home again!
Ambition will pull fans in - we have none at the moment!

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 04, 2014, 06:54:42 pm by wesisback »
Good post jebba! Some on here like referring back to then because it was the only time people cared about their opinion when it came to Rovers.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 04, 2014, 06:56:42 pm by River Don »
37,099... In 1947, just after the war when this truly was austerity Britain and football was just about the only affordable entertainment on offer.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 04, 2014, 06:57:09 pm by RedJ »
Keep telling these fans to leave? They are in their droves! Most of you will finally get your way when there's a few hundred of you watching a piss poor game against Lincoln at home again!
Ambition will pull fans in - we have none at the moment!
Sorry, yeah, I forgot that I secretly wanted to watch is play non-league football.

Silly me. :silly:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 04, 2014, 06:57:57 pm by roversdude »
It was the complete lack of any passion that did for me today
Couldn't however imagine ever supporting anyone else ever ever ever

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 04, 2014, 07:02:20 pm by Tokyos Boot »
Theres a huge difference between being proud of where we are and what we've achieved and being pleased to pay hard earned money to watch us cluelessly and effortlessly fart games away.

I love Rovers and will follow us into Hell (conference) but if you expect me not to moan when we dont bother trying in winnable games you can bollox!

Supporting the club is hugely different to supporting the performance!

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 04, 2014, 07:29:39 pm by ditch_drfc »
Completely agree with the op. Nothing pisses me off more than when we're losing and 80% of our fans walk out of the stadium with 10 minutes to go. It's a disgrace. I can't see how you can call yourself a fan, yet boo the players, game in, game out. Like the players will perform when being booed...

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 04, 2014, 07:33:47 pm by Scooter »
I agree with you ditch
If I'm fed up with the performance I don't boo, I just don't applaud them off the pitch.
But I always, always stay to the final whistle

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 04, 2014, 07:39:23 pm by drfc1951 »
They were moaning after the first 5 minutes in the south stand.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 04, 2014, 07:41:30 pm by GazLaz »
As a set of fans though we are poor. You just have to listen to people around you in the ground. Don't get me wrong there are some gems but they are massively outnumbered by mongs. This forum reflects that.

Slimneil

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 04, 2014, 07:48:21 pm by Slimneil »
Me too never boo and always there till end . I know we are in no position to challenge for play offs I just hope we can stay up and re build for next season but what frustrates me is the inconsistency with the team we play the big teams off the park and sometimes win or lose but have played with passion then the teams we should beat easy we totally collapse and make us look foolish . I have brought so many friends and family to the keepmoat only to watch us play rubbish and have to explain "well they were better last week " knowing that's the last we will see of them , I would love to know what's going on with the team and hope they do not blow all last years hard work #drfc

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 04, 2014, 08:06:57 pm by jonnydog »
Anyone would think 'we' are the only 'fans' who moan about our club when playing badly. All clubs have the same fans, on similar forums, and on the terraces.

To say there's no wonder our players play appallingly with all the moaning and griping is utter b*llocks. Other teams whose fans get on their back still go out and play with passion and try to warrant/earn the stupid amount of money they are paid week in week out.

Whether home or away, we should be playing with the same passion, the same will and the same commitment at EVERY match.

If they can't cope with criticism when they play shite then they're in the wrong profession!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 04, 2014, 08:17:37 pm by RedJ »
That was round about the time of the time of our most successful spell up until recent years, remember.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 04, 2014, 08:24:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Well I'm sick of our players showing less passion than me! I'm sick of going out on Saturday nights and having the piss ripped out of me when we get beat! I'm sick of going to work on a Monday morning after a defeat and having L**ds, Wednesday and Blades fans taking the piss. I'm sick of being more upset after losing than the players are.

Why should I show I bother when the players don't do likewise?

In a home game this season one of our subs was 'warming up' and stopped to talk to an opposing sub also warming up. The away team scored and the Rovers sub never batted an eyelid, and just continued to laugh and chat to the away player.

Now that made me think. Why should I show passion when he doesn't. Why should I be more pissed off than him?

The answer of course is that I love Donny Rovers, and he merely plays for them. In fact players don't play FOR clubs any more, they play AT clubs.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 04, 2014, 08:36:36 pm by River Don »
My point was that we are a town capable of bringing in attendances and having people interested. We are no small time conference club having a laugh. We have a proud history and shouldn't play ourselves down as lucky being where we are now.

We deserve to be at this level and belong there.

That attendance was something of a one off, it's not like Rovers have ever dragged in a regular attendance of 30,000+

In the 60 odd years since then, English football has changed beyond all recognition, the country has changed beyond all recognition and Doncaster has changed substantially.

Not that I'm saying the town isn't capable of generating a decent level of support but to get 14,000 attending every other Saturday is more than a sufficient target for now.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 04, 2014, 08:49:54 pm by bobjimwilly »
I understand where swintons coming from. I'm only 30 but the difference it attitude by some fans is incredible. Standing at OBV as a 10 year old I use to hear the moaning, and the swearing, and the shouting at the manager from 5 feet away. But that was only if we played piss poor against Rotherham at home, or if we were 3 nil down by half time. There was no booing after 5 minutes. And, thanks to there being no internet or bloody social media, when the final whistle came we didn't have to worry about the losses until the next match.

With everyone demanding everything instantly these days many of the generation below me, which make up the majority of our away support and the south stand, aren't used to, or can't accept, defeat, or poor football. It's just not in them. Take the meet the owners night that's scheduled for the end of the month - some fans are demanding answers and explanation NOW. They just can't wait! They have no patience. If Brammall were to answer questions now, he wouldn't be able to answer anything without cocking deals up. But people don't care, they demand answers, or by-jove they won't renew there season ticket! I mean come on, seriously, get a grip. I thought we were from Yorkshire, not bloody Berkshire?  :pinch:

After the win at Wembley I couldn't believe it, Rovers were in the championship! In the 2nd tier for the 1st time in my life - for the first time in my dads life! Roll on 6 years and some fans are throwing their toys out for not being established, even though we've been relegated and promoted again in that time.  :headbang:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:31:30 am by bobjimwilly »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 05, 2014, 12:17:20 am by BobG »
My point was that we are a town capable of bringing in attendances and having people interested. We are no small time conference club having a laugh. We have a proud history and shouldn't play ourselves down as lucky being where we are now.

Give over Casper! For 35 of the last 50 years we, along with Rochdale, Hartlepool and Crewe have been the laughing stocks of the entire Football League. We ''deserve' nowt. Neither our performances over the decades nor our attendances entitle us to anything at all.

BobG

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 05, 2014, 12:21:03 am by Bentley Bullet »
Just like today then.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 05, 2014, 12:23:06 am by RedJ »
I agree Bob, but not entirely.

We "deserve" to be here on merit, but nothing from our past dictates that we deserve to be here.

By that same logic though, we shouldn't think we don't "deserve" to be here because of our past.

And if we "deserve" to be here next season, we'll show that by surviving, on merit.

Bournemouth "deserved" the League One title - but everything in football is "earned".

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 05, 2014, 12:50:53 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Well I'm sick of our players showing less passion than me! I'm sick of going out on Saturday nights and having the piss ripped out of me when we get beat! I'm sick of going to work on a Monday morning after a defeat and having L**ds, Wednesday and Blades fans taking the piss. I'm sick of being more upset after losing than the players are.

Why should I show I bother when the players don't do likewise?

In a home game this season one of our subs was 'warming up' and stopped to talk to an opposing sub also warming up. The away team scored and the Rovers sub never batted an eyelid, and just continued to laugh and chat to the away player.

Now that made me think. Why should I show passion when he doesn't. Why should I be more pissed off than him?

The answer of course is that I love Donny Rovers, and he merely plays for them. In fact players don't play FOR clubs any more, they play AT clubs.

Phew! I shudder to think how upsetting your interaction with Leeds, Wednesday and Blades fans must have been throughout the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 05, 2014, 12:53:49 am by RedJ »

Give over Casper! For 35 of the last 50 years we, along with Rochdale, Hartlepool and Crewe have been the laughing stocks of the entire Football League. We ''deserve' nowt. Neither our performances over the decades nor our attendances entitle us to anything at all.

BobG

My comments are being taken the wrong way.

1.We are a huge town, almost a city.

2.There is a large population within it.

3.We have a proud footballing history.

4.Our club is one of the oldest in the country.

All that adds up to us being able to hold our own at this level and not be a surprise to anyone when doing so. We aren't a pub team having a laugh and if there has been less fortunate times in our past it isn't 'where we came from' but more like 'where we ended up for a while through a sketchy period'.

Well no, it doesn't add up to that at all.

That's the same kind of logic as Leeds saying they deserve to be in the Premier League because they have a lot of fans and won some stuff in the past.

Also - how exactly do we have a proud history? nothing to be ashamed of, for sure, but we've done f**k all of any real importance for years  until the last decade.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012