Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 09:10:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wigan match offers  (Read 5945 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Wigan match offers
« on January 07, 2014, 09:37:51 am by silent majority »
Just so everybody is aware of the offers that are available I'm listing here some of the ways you can obtain tickets for the Wigan game. I know some people don't get to know, or find out too late, so please make a note or spread the word. Some of the offers are ....

1)      Quick Play Cup – a junior football team tournament will be taking place pre-match with participants invited to the game afterwards

2)      Attendance for Attendance – prior to the schools breaking up, attendance for attendance flyers were distributed amongst the schools we closely work with.

3)      Scratch cards – the scratch cards which were available throughout December provide opportunities to claim discounted tickets for either the Wigan or Charlton fixture.

4)      Birthday scheme – Fans on the database with a birthday in January are offered the opportunity to claim a free ticket and bring some friends too as a birthday gift from the club.

As the main club sponsor One Call are doing their bit in the community and will be distributing tickets around certain locations, including various schools.

If you are a member of a local community organisation or charity there is the possibility of obtaining tickets in two ways....

1)      They can either have discounted tickets
2)      They can pay full price and earn cash back on the tickets they buy

If you qualify for any of the above offers good luck, if you don't but know people who do make sure you tell them.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bedale rover

• VSC Member
Re: Wigan match offers
« Reply #1 on January 07, 2014, 10:22:25 am by bedale rover »
Excellent update

Unfortunately they don't apply to me Ho hum

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 07, 2014, 03:33:08 pm by bobjimwilly »
free tickets for those with a birthday in jan is a great idea!  :scarf:

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 07, 2014, 03:39:48 pm by CusworthRovers »
Excellent stuff.

Who do you see to enquire about these? (Ticket officer perhaps)

We have a birthday in Jan and although we are ST holders, we can distribute to the needy and ditherers we know

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 07, 2014, 05:17:11 pm by lee.j09 »
One of the reasons ill not be renewing my st next season. lack of ambition and far to easy to obtain cheaper tickets match by match...

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 08, 2014, 11:49:42 am by Jenny »
One of the reasons ill not be renewing my st next season. lack of ambition and far to easy to obtain cheaper tickets match by match...

With the exception of the birthday offer most of the offers are aimed at junior supporters so unless you are under 16 in this instance I don't see why it detracts from your season ticket.

I would rather have a stadium that wasn't a third empty that get perceived value for money out of my season ticket. You want ambition, well that comes at a cost and getting more bums on seats will assist that and if the club have to have offers on to get more bums on seats then I am all for it.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 08, 2014, 11:52:00 am by pib »

With the exception of the birthday offer most of the offers are aimed at junior supporters so unless you are under 16 in this instance I don't see why it detracts from your season ticket.

I would rather have a stadium that wasn't a third empty that get perceived value for money out of my season ticket. You want ambition, well that comes at a cost and getting more bums on seats will assist that and if the club have to have offers on to get more bums on seats then I am all for it.

Agreed. Plus, if you don't buy a season ticket, then the club can afford to show even less ambition.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 08, 2014, 12:17:32 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Are you referring to your lack of ambition as a supporter?

It cuts both ways. If ever the club needed support by 'guaranteeing' income via season ticket purchases, now's one of those times.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 08, 2014, 07:18:51 pm by lee.j09 »

basically to cut a long story short...

I go to matches with 2 others... they have managed to go all season up to date without paying more than £10 to get in and on numerous occasions got in without paying a penny so why would I buy a st next year??

when its reported that terry bramall wants us to be a league one club, that doesn't spell out ambition to me.......

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 08, 2014, 07:25:30 pm by RTID75 »
I'd like to see where that has been 'reported'.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 08, 2014, 07:46:37 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I've been into the t/office today and got my lads birthday ticket Tracy asked if we'd been phoned yet told her I'd just read it on here

Nedsdad

« Reply #11 on January 14, 2014, 07:32:40 pm by Nedsdad »
I agree that season ticket holders sometimes do get a raw deal when it comes to tickets. However Lee, imagine not having a season ticket and a situation like the Brentford game came up again. I'm pretty sure the thousands that didn't manage to get a ticket for that game weren't S.T holders.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 14, 2014, 08:37:59 pm by silent majority »
But season ticket holders don't get a raw deal. That was the whole point of creating the 'ultimate season ticket' a couple of season ago to make sure that didnt happen. Advantages are numerous, including free tickets for friends and family, ability to be able to use unused tickets at various games along with special deals with vouchers included in the book. If you do the math, buying match by match will never equal the value of a season ticket and doesn't come with the benefits either.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 14, 2014, 08:42:51 pm by MrFrost »

basically to cut a long story short...

I go to matches with 2 others... they have managed to go all season up to date without paying more than £10 to get in and on numerous occasions got in without paying a penny so why would I buy a st next year??

when its reported that terry bramall wants us to be a league one club, that doesn't spell out ambition to me.......

How have they managed to get tickets for no more than a tenner for every game?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 14, 2014, 11:17:53 pm by bobjimwilly »
because they're getting in as kids?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 15, 2014, 09:10:53 am by silent majority »
I've just 'un-stickied' this thread in the hope that more people see it and can take advantage of any of the offers. It seems a few have missed it already.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 16, 2014, 09:59:26 am by Jenny »
But season ticket holders don't get a raw deal. That was the whole point of creating the 'ultimate season ticket' a couple of season ago to make sure that didnt happen. Advantages are numerous, including free tickets for friends and family, ability to be able to use unused tickets at various games along with special deals with vouchers included in the book. If you do the math, buying match by match will never equal the value of a season ticket and doesn't come with the benefits either.

Surely it is down to each person to determine if they get a raw deal? Not just the club saying that the ultimate season ticket means they never do?

My friends and family who are interested in DRFC already have season tickets, so being able to bring them offers no value to me whatsoever. Nor does being able to use unused tickets, as no one wants them. Even if I did want to take advantage of them, it brings no personal advantage to me whatsoever.

I spend less than £100 a season in the club shop on shirts, getting a bit of discount doesn't make a huge bit of difference. I'm also not interested in a stadium tour or having a player deliver my season ticket... No away game this season will sell out therefore the benefit of having first dibs on those tickets isn't really a benefit either.

I have missed a few games at home this season and barely ever sit in my vastly overpriced West Stand Cat A seat because of the morons that sit around me.

All in all, due to my own personal views and circumstances, I don't perceive my season ticket to be value for money and I imagine that I would have saved money if I had bought tickets on a game by game basis.

The same applies for the last two seasons when I had season tickets despite spending a large proportion of the 2011/2012 season travelling and living in London for a large proportion of the 2012/2013 season meant I only saw a handful of home games (although securing tickets for the Brentford game was a massive benefit).

Whilst I make all those points, I should point out that  I am happy to buy a season ticket and lose money and 'invest' in the club I love. I have had a season ticket for 14 seasons now and don't intend to stop buying one anytime soon even though for the past three seasons I have parted with over £1,000 on STs and got nowhere near that value back. I am also happy for the club to continue to do offers to try and increase the numbers through the turnstyles, I'd rather have a full house than watch us play in a stadium that is almost two thirds empty sometimes.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 16, 2014, 10:16:57 am by ctay »
Some good points Jenny, that also apply to myself. I am in two minds about renewing next season due to missing games. The cricket season gets longer and with the odd other family issue I could miss five/six games. I may just get a ten game ticket or something.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 16, 2014, 11:33:19 am by graingrover »
JR said that TB wanted us as a League 1 club ... Terry Bramall did not say that . It is one of those things the enemy used to do in the WWs .. spread damaging harmful rumours . Fortunately then, as now, not everyone believed the propaganda.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 16, 2014, 11:59:28 am by LincsRover »

Surely it is down to each person to determine if they get a raw deal? Not just the club saying that the ultimate season ticket means they never do?

My friends and family who are interested in DRFC already have season tickets, so being able to bring them offers no value to me whatsoever. Nor does being able to use unused tickets, as no one wants them. Even if I did want to take advantage of them, it brings no personal advantage to me whatsoever.

I spend less than £100 a season in the club shop on shirts, getting a bit of discount doesn't make a huge bit of difference. I'm also not interested in a stadium tour or having a player deliver my season ticket... No away game this season will sell out therefore the benefit of having first dibs on those tickets isn't really a benefit either.

I have missed a few games at home this season and barely ever sit in my vastly overpriced West Stand Cat A seat because of the morons that sit around me.

All in all, due to my own personal views and circumstances, I don't perceive my season ticket to be value for money and I imagine that I would have saved money if I had bought tickets on a game by game basis.

The same applies for the last two seasons when I had season tickets despite spending a large proportion of the 2011/2012 season travelling and living in London for a large proportion of the 2012/2013 season meant I only saw a handful of home games (although securing tickets for the Brentford game was a massive benefit).

Whilst I make all those points, I should point out that  I am happy to buy a season ticket and lose money and 'invest' in the club I love. I have had a season ticket for 14 seasons now and don't intend to stop buying one anytime soon even though for the past three seasons I have parted with over £1,000 on STs and got nowhere near that value back. I am also happy for the club to continue to do offers to try and increase the numbers through the turnstyles, I'd rather have a full house than watch us play in a stadium that is almost two thirds empty sometimes.

Here here Jenny! I'm in exactly the same boat and an alliance member as well. However, I do bring some of my Lincoln, Swindon & Liverpool supporting mates from my village using my free or unused tickets and voucher M. Not directly benefitting me financially but they are great days out, someone else drives and I get free beer all afternoon! So, like you, I will continue buying a season ticket (and one for my mum - easy birthday present!) because I want to support the club I love and would love to see the keepmoat rocking with other fans, whether they are paying less than me or not!

:rtid:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 16, 2014, 12:30:44 pm by silent majority »
Hold on a second! I wasn't suggesting that in all cases a season ticket is better value. What I was doing was countering the argument that it's cheaper to buy a ticket match by match and that therefore a season ticket is poor value. If an offer or a benefit of holding a season ticket is not applicable to you then it still doesn't mean it's poor value, just not as beneficial.

Whatever argument is put forward if you contrast the price of a season ticket with that of buying on a match by match basis, assuming that you attend all games, then you will be financially better off. If however you don't attend all games then the next best thing the club can do is offer that unused ticket or coupon as an incentive to be used elsewhere. If you don't attend every game, and I miss a couple or three each season because of other commitments, then the decision to hold a ticket is down to you.

Personally the fact that I have a decent seat and can sit next to my younger brother and my two nephews has a benefit that can't be measured in financial terms.

But to return to my point, I'm struggling to understand how season ticket holders get a raw deal.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 16, 2014, 12:40:04 pm by DRNaith »
Every time I see this thread on the menu page I read "Wigan match off"!

Every time!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 16, 2014, 12:42:53 pm by The Red Baron »

Blimey- I sit in West Stand Cat A. I hope I'm not one of the "morons" who puts you off!  ;)

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 16, 2014, 12:52:18 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
DRFC Education are offering a free ticket to the first 200 people who attend their careers fair today. Open to 16-18 & 19+

Not sure what you're doing next year? Want some information on career opportunities in the Doncaster area? There is a FREE Careers Fair @ the Keepmoat TODAY from 3:30! Your career starts today!

drfc67

« Reply #24 on January 16, 2014, 01:51:11 pm by drfc67 »
Last season we had the free group ticket for season ticket holders . Myself and 6 friends all season ticket holders all used them to try to attract new supporters and in the main we did that . As part of the season ticket package this season it states the offer will be available again but as yet not seen any games where it states this will be in operation . Have I missed them or have the club decided not to do this offer... if anyone knows I would be grateful for an answer . :unsure:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 16, 2014, 03:34:23 pm by silent majority »
drfc67,  no you haven't missed them yet. We'll let everyone know when it happens.

We, the VSC, donated lots of voucher M's to charitable causes attracting lots of newcomers in the process. Looking to do it again.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 16, 2014, 04:09:49 pm by LincsRover »
I used my voucher m for the Millwall game on 29th December

:rtid:

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 16, 2014, 04:33:55 pm by scaley back rover »
me too lincs

courtney haddock-lately

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 16, 2014, 06:01:07 pm by courtney haddock-lately »
I'm a new season ticket holder this year. Have I missed out on voucher m?  Also what are the other vouchers for?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 16, 2014, 07:01:48 pm by silent majority »
They never have a specific purpose. The club will announce a deal from time to time and then tell you which voucher you have to give up to claim that deal.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012