Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 10:13:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who gave the goal ?  (Read 5198 times)

The Dav

• Forum Member
Who gave the goal ?
« on January 18, 2014, 05:47:25 pm by The Dav »
From the South it looked as if the ref went against the tool of a lino on the west side, !! did any off you see it ??

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
Re: Who gave the goal ?
« Reply #1 on January 18, 2014, 05:50:41 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Ref gave it.  west stand lino really was the worst I've seen.  Just totally incompetent or corrupt, it's hard to know.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 18, 2014, 05:59:43 pm by River Don »
The East stand Lino didn't exactly cover himself in glory either...

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 18, 2014, 06:00:28 pm by mushRTID »
The west lino was a disgrace. Amazing decisions.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 18, 2014, 06:01:38 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I actually thought the ref was ok now both lino's thats a different kettle of fish

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 18, 2014, 06:03:22 pm by jonnydog »
West Lino didn't move, it was the ref that gave it.

The west Lino was the worst we've had. Several offsides were not offside, totally inept. It just makes a change for us to get two bad lino's, and some dodgy moments from the ref, and STILL win... And 3-0 too! :lol:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:11:02 pm by jonnydog »

The Dav

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 18, 2014, 06:07:37 pm by The Dav »
Agreed, I thought the ref was top drawer, not card happy, and more than content to speak to players 1st without his hand in and out of his pocket producing cards......

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 18, 2014, 07:12:48 pm by RedJ »
At the time I thought it was offside if I'm completely honest, but then I'd have to have seen it again to know for sure.

Can't complain though, if it was then it's nice that it went our way for once.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 18, 2014, 07:17:40 pm by podrover73 »

I actually thought the ref was ok now both lino's thats a different kettle of fish

Talking of Kettle's , our old fave Mr Kettle was fourth official today , good job when the ref fell over he didn't get injured and Mr Kettle took his place otherwise we would have lost 4-3  :suicide:

sf9944

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 18, 2014, 08:12:26 pm by sf9944 »
The performance of the west stand linesman was breathtakingly poor.  I think he was the only one in the ground didn't see the ball over the line for the goal and he seemed to consistently give offsides that were onside and onsides that were offsides.  It was so bad it almost became funny. But probably only because we were so good it didn't matter how bad he was!

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 18, 2014, 08:18:24 pm by besty »
Slightly off topic but did anyone think keegans booking was a red card?
Looked suspiciously 2 footed and the way the ref went straight to his pocket I feared the worst!
Or did he make a meal of it?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 18, 2014, 08:22:13 pm by RobTheRover »
I thought Keegan's booking was for a perfectly good tackle, if I'm honest.  Mind, Wigan players were jumping in the air like jack in a boxes whenever a rovers player's foot went within 6 inches of them.  The ref wasnt fooled most of the time.

I thought the ref handled the game very well and on quite a few occasions played advantage and when one didnt come he then called play back.  The linos were complete tarts though.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 18, 2014, 08:25:44 pm by Donnywolf »
Slightly off topic but did anyone think keegans booking was a red card?
Looked suspiciously 2 footed and the way the ref went straight to his pocket I feared the worst!
Or did he make a meal of it?

I feared the worst as well - it was double footed with all studs showing and I think the fact that he did clearly win the ball saved him a Red

Oh and that the Ref had the Red in his back left hand pocket (sorry that's in extremely bad taste AND I APOLOGISE FOR SUCH A CHEAP SHOT)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 18, 2014, 08:28:54 pm by ravenrover »
Hate to spoil all the slagging of the west stand lino, who was very poor 1st half, but he did give the goal he ran back towards the half way line nodding his head vigorously. Having said how bad he was our supporters ought to watch the whole game as  he was correct in several "non offside" decisions. We need to remember it's when the ball is played not when some of our short sighted fans look up and see the man in an "offside" position

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 18, 2014, 09:21:20 pm by POD »
Hate to spoil all the slagging of the west stand lino, who was very poor 1st half, but he did give the goal he ran back towards the half way line nodding his head vigorously. Having said how bad he was our supporters ought to watch the whole game as  he was correct in several "non offside" decisions. We need to remember it's when the ball is played not when some of our short sighted fans look up and see the man in an "offside" position

The linesman was very unclear with the decision to award the goal.  So much so, that the referee came over to speak to him and although the Rovers players were celebrating and the scoreboard showed 2-0, I was convinced that it was going to be disallowed.

From what I saw, he did absolutely nothing to indicate the goal, other than side stepping very slowly up the touch line and at one point shaking his head from side to side.  I didn't see him nodding vigorously at any point.

What he should have done when he saw that the ball had crossed the line was to have put his Flag in the air and waved it vigorously and then run down the touch line towards the half way line. 

In that way, it would have been absolutely clear that the ball had crossed the line and avoided the confusion which arose.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 18, 2014, 09:26:16 pm by RobTheRover »
I'm with you POD.  He clearly could see that the ball had bounced well over the line before being hooked out, but didnt seem to indicate anything either way.  The poor ref got no help from him, or the other tart on the East Stand.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 18, 2014, 09:30:49 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Raven my Missis was at home and she said on sky sports the conversation was along the lines of
the ref looked at the goal then looked at the linesman saying was it or wasn't it got no response  so the ref gave it.

They looked at each other for an age then the ref ran over to the lino it was a joke

sf9944

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 18, 2014, 09:32:56 pm by sf9944 »
Agreed.  I saw no vigorous head nodding and it was right in front of me in the west stand.  I had the distinct impression he didn't think it was in - hence me screaming at him rather than celebrating!  His signalling was poor either way.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 19, 2014, 01:47:50 am by Filo »

The linesman was very unclear with the decision to award the goal.  So much so, that the referee came over to speak to him and although the Rovers players were celebrating and the scoreboard showed 2-0, I was convinced that it was going to be disallowed.

From what I saw, he did absolutely nothing to indicate the goal, other than side stepping very slowly up the touch line and at one point shaking his head from side to side.  I didn't see him nodding vigorously at any point.

What he should have done when he saw that the ball had crossed the line was to have put his Flag in the air and waved it vigorously and then run down the touch line towards the half way line. 

In that way, it would have been absolutely clear that the ball had crossed the line and avoided the confusion which arose.

Exactly as I saw it, I was convinced he was going to say no goal by the way he was shaking his head when the ref came over, he definitely didn't signal a goal with his flag or by his actions

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 19, 2014, 10:40:00 am by IDM »
I was looking towards both officials and couldn't see either making any clear signal to give the goal or not.  So much so I thought for a while they hadn't given it....

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 19, 2014, 10:41:02 am by Dagenham Rover »
I was looking towards both officials and couldn't see either making any clear signal to give the goal or not. So much so I thought for a while they hadn't given it....

snap

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 19, 2014, 10:48:05 am by dknward2 »
To me the ref gave it right away buy pointing back to the half way line but one wigan player ran over to the lino. The ref the stopped making his way back and went to the lino at which point i was worried that it would be ruled out but thankfully not

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 19, 2014, 11:06:37 am by The Red Baron »
I think the lino confirmed it was over, but didn't give a clear signal. He nodded his head but would have been more convincing if he'd indicated the goal with his flag.

He was probably on the mike to the ref saying it was over when he was nodding his head. However, a clear signal with the flag would have removed any doubts in the crowd and with the Wigan players.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 19, 2014, 11:18:49 am by glosterred »
I thought the West stand Lino was nodding in agreement when the Ref gave the goal. But to say he was poor is a little bit of an understatement

COYR

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 19, 2014, 11:30:11 am by Filo »
Didn't look like he was nodding to me, he was shaking his head though

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 19, 2014, 02:48:13 pm by CusworthRovers »
Shocking Lino's lately

As we attack the goal. Lino on the left side:

Blackburn away.....concrete arms
Wigan at home......helium arms

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 19, 2014, 03:26:45 pm by glosterred »
Just seen the stats for the game, we were caught off side 9 times.

COYR

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 19, 2014, 03:32:40 pm by Dare to dream! »
Just seen the stats for the game, we were caught off side 9 times.

COYR

I had a horrible view for Copp's goal that was ruled out for offside in the second half being in the west stand nearer the Wigan fans but at the time thought there's no way he can be off, anyone else have a better view?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 19, 2014, 03:34:16 pm by GazLaz »
The Wigan players reactions gave the goal. They knew.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 19, 2014, 08:19:55 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I had a horrible view for Copp's goal that was ruled out for offside in the second half being in the west stand nearer the Wigan fans but at the time thought there's no way he can be off, anyone else have a better view?

I was in west stand seat 579 which looks across about a yard or two outside the box so very good view of Copps' when the ball to him was played.  Definitely didn't look offside to me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012