Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 07:11:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Learn Romanian  (Read 4897 times)

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
Learn Romanian
« on January 21, 2014, 12:59:19 pm by DevilMayCry »
Hi all. I thought to say a few words in Romanian to familiarize you with my language:

Hi/Hello - Salut
How are you? - Ce mai faci?
Good morning - Buna dimineata
Good afternoon - Buna ziua
Good Night - Noapte buna
Goodbye - La revedere

Football - Fotbal
Stadium - Stadion
Referee - Arbitru
Striker - Atacant
Midfielder - Mijlocas
Defender - Fundas
Goalkeeper - Portar

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IC1967

• Forum Member
Re: Learn Romanian
« Reply #1 on January 21, 2014, 01:57:37 pm by IC1967 »
Hi DevilMayCry.

Thank you for your post. I'm sure we will be encountering many more Romanians in our town now so it will be useful to know a few words of your native tongue. I'll add them to the Polish ones I've already learned.

On behalf of the forum may I welcome you and your countrymen to our town. We are grateful you are here to do the jobs that we no longer want to do.

All I ask is that you ensure you get the going rate for the job. Many of my countrymen are a bit upset that since we've had a lot of immigration recently their wages have been driven down trying to compete with other Eastern Europeans. This has resulted in the 'cost of living crisis' that you hear our politicians banging on about.

Please also be aware that the vast majority of us know that you are here to work and not claim benefits. It is just the ignorant few amongst us that think otherwise.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 21, 2014, 02:07:15 pm by Filo »
Hi DevilMayCry.

Thank you for your post. I'm sure we will be encountering many more Romanians in our town now so it will be useful to know a few words of your native tongue. I'll add them to the Polish ones I've already learned.

On behalf of the forum may I welcome you and your countrymen to our town. We are grateful you are here to do the jobs that we no longer want to do.

All I ask is that you ensure you get the going rate for the job. Many of my countrymen are a bit upset that since we've had a lot of immigration recently their wages have been driven down trying to compete with other Eastern Europeans. This has resulted in the 'cost of living crisis' that you hear our politicians banging on about.

Please also be aware that the vast majority of us know that you are here to work and not claim benefits. It is just the ignorant few amongst us that think otherwise.

I think you'll find Devilmaycry lives in Bucharest, pay attention Mick ;)

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 21, 2014, 02:17:46 pm by DevilMayCry »
Many romanians work in other countries because here, in Romania the wages are very, very small. For me, an example, I earn 200 euros/month, this means like 175-180 pounds/month. Who can have a decent life with that money? I stay with and in my parents home because with that money, I can't have a life (food and rent easily go over 180 pounds) and nobody can't live with 180 pounds for an entire month.

To be honest, I want to go in other country to work and earn good money and have a decent life that in Romania I can never have. I graduated a college and a master and here I have no chance to have a good job and earn some good money. I think that are many people that have higher education and work for nothing in my country.

P.S. I'm from Bucharest and I live here (in Bucharest) at this moment. I hope that in the near future I will have the chance to go elsewhere to work and have a decent life.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:34:24 pm by DevilMayCry »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 21, 2014, 02:26:08 pm by bobjimwilly »
The cost of living crisis is due to employers lowering their wages to match that of eastern european countries?

:laugh:

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 21, 2014, 02:26:18 pm by nice one rovers »
Welcome, prietena.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 21, 2014, 02:27:18 pm by IC1967 »
Pay attention Filo. He's from Bucharest and is currently living here at the moment.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 21, 2014, 02:30:17 pm by IC1967 »
The cost of living crisis is due to employers lowering their wages to match that of eastern european countries?

No. I never said that. You must be living on a different planet to the rest of us if you don't know someone that has had their wages cut in real terms (in some cases quite considerably) due to the fact that employers can get cheap Eastern European labour.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 21, 2014, 02:31:05 pm by Filo »
Pay attention Filo. He's from Bucharest and is currently living here at the moment.

So could you explain to us why his ip resolves to Bucharest?

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 21, 2014, 02:35:07 pm by DevilMayCry »
It was my mistake, sorry. I edited my post. I wanted to say that i live here in Bucharest not in UK.

If I lived in UK, I don't think that my wage was only 180 pounds/month like in Romania  :)

And if i would work someday in UK, I will not do the jobs that you no longer want to do. I have higher education so I will not accept any job.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:45:12 pm by DevilMayCry »

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 21, 2014, 02:44:53 pm by IC1967 »
I stand corrected and offer my sincerest apologies for any hurt I may have caused.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 21, 2014, 02:47:34 pm by DevilMayCry »
It's okay man. I know that romanians are not well seen in UK because some of them are thieves, cheaters...but not everyone are the same.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 21, 2014, 02:57:02 pm by IC1967 »
Many romanians work in other countries because here, in Romania the wages are very, very small. For me, an example, I earn 200 euros/month, this means like 175-180 pounds/month. Who can have a decent life with that money? I stay with and in my parents home because with that money, I can't have a life (food and rent easily go over 180 pounds) and nobody can't live with 180 pounds for an entire month.

To be honest, I want to go in other country to work and earn good money and have a decent life that in Romania I can never have. I graduated a college and a master and here I have no chance to have a good job and earn some good money. I think that are many people that have higher education and work for nothing in my country.

P.S. I'm from Bucharest and I live here (in Bucharest) at this moment. I hope that in the near future I will have the chance to go elsewhere to work and have a decent life.

You have my sympathy. I hope you eventually find a decent job and enjoy a good standard of living for the rest of your life. You would be more than welcome to come to our country. However if I were you I'd go to Germany. They have a great economy and look like they will carry on doing well in the future. Here in the UK there is a great danger that the Labour party will win the next election in 2015 and they will then proceed to ruin our economy like they always have done in the past.

If you can wait until the result of our next general election and hopefully the Tory party win then I would recommend that you come to our country.

One other point you may want to consider. If all the best talent in your country emigrates then your country will never get on its feet and improve its economy. All that will be left behind is the old and the very young and this will be a disaster for your country's long-term future. Maybe you could emigrate for a few years then go back and help build your country back up.

I wish you well for the future.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 21, 2014, 03:03:35 pm by DevilMayCry »
Thanks for the kind words. You're right about you have said but everything starts from the government, president. After the revolution in 1989 everyone thought it would be better but it's not. Almost all the presidents and mayors make promises and not keep them, everything is more expensive, year after years but the wages, in the best cases remain the same

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 21, 2014, 03:06:26 pm by IC1967 »
It's okay man. I know that romanians are not well seen in UK because some of them are thieves, cheaters...but not everyone are the same.

You are right. This is a reputation that is not deserved. Many of my ignorant countrymen assume all Romanians are cheats and thieves. However most of us know this is not true and that you are very hardworking and only want to better yourselves. Trust me, we have many thieves and cheats amongst our own countrymen.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 21, 2014, 03:16:27 pm by DevilMayCry »
However if I were you I'd go to Germany. They have a great economy and look like they will carry on doing well in the future.
Believe me, I tried. I've sent emails with my cv at companies, they responded but was negative, they said that they don't hire at moment. I've sent at some companies from Englad too, but sadly, they didn't respond. I would appreciate it if they have respond, even if it was a negative response but.. I have bad luck

I've tried in my contry too, obviously. But here, if you are not recommend by anyone, nobody hires you.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:18:43 pm by DevilMayCry »

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 21, 2014, 03:18:52 pm by IC1967 »
What is your area of expertise? What kind of job are you looking for?

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 21, 2014, 03:22:32 pm by DevilMayCry »
My education at college was in, how can i say, food control and expertise and at Master I studied special technologies in food industry. I don't know how to say correctly in english, in my language I know how to say, it's simple. But I studied computers too, I know how to make sites with wordpress, work in phpbb, a little html and php. I did and administrate the site and forum of FC Bayern Romania, the official fan club.

At this moment I work as a salesman in a supermarket. I talk with agents and make orders for the supermarket , I introduce the bills in system, I repair the computers when are problems and things like this.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:35:16 pm by DevilMayCry »

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 21, 2014, 03:39:52 pm by scaley back rover »
Thanks for the kind words. You're right about you have said but everything starts from the government, president. After the revolution in 1989 everyone thought it would be better but it's not. Almost all the presidents and mayors make promises and not keep them, everything is more expensive, year after years but the wages, in the best cases remain the same

Just like here then really trusting a politician is like trusting Steve Evans (he is a snake DMC) . All full of promises and hot air .

Welcome to the site   
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:47:00 pm by scaley back rover »

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 21, 2014, 03:47:05 pm by DevilMayCry »
Every country has his own snakes but enogh on this.

If someone want to know other words in romanian, just post here and I'l post you the translation  :)

boy - baiat
girl - fata
mother - mama
father - tata
parents - parinti
grandparents - bunici

white - alb
yellow - galben
green - verde
black - negru
blue - albastru
red - rosu

P.S. Thanks for the great welcoming

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:49:57 pm by DevilMayCry »

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 21, 2014, 04:04:38 pm by afro goal machine »
Come on lads we all remember the lyrics to dragostea din tei !

numa numa yay !

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 21, 2014, 04:32:36 pm by DevilMayCry »
Come on lads we all remember the lyrics to dragostea din tei !

numa numa yay !
Great song by O-zone. It's "nu ma, nu ma iei"

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 21, 2014, 05:01:00 pm by IC1967 »
You sound like you have many skills. I think you would find it easy to get a job over here but maybe not your ideal job at first. If I were you I'd take whatever job I could over here then try to work your way up from there. Good workers will always get promoted quickly. Its how good you are at your job that counts, not who you know.

My daughter has a degree from a good university and has not been able to get a good job. However she is doing a good job as an estate agent lettings advisor and her manager has told her that he will promote her as soon as possible and give her a car as well. She has only been there 2 weeks.

You could also think about setting up your own business once you got yourself established. Repairing computers is a good business and is very well paid for example. I myself have set up many businesses in the UK and have found it is very easy to do.

You could also maybe get into the translator business. Your English is very good and could be useful now many of your countrymen are coming here. The pay for this is excellent.

Good luck.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 21, 2014, 05:13:28 pm by Nudga »
You are also a first class bull shitter!

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 21, 2014, 05:20:29 pm by DevilMayCry »
Its how good you are at your job that counts, not who you know.
I'm agree but in UK, Germany, Spain etc . Sadly, in Romania, it's not the same.
About skills, I'm realistic, I'm not having so many. Only a few about computers and some things that I learned at college and master.
Besides salesmans, here where I work, is the Administrator (who is also the investitor) the person who takes care of this supermarket so there are no chances to get a promotion. The only thing that is good is that i learn how to take care of supermarket because seometimes I do the work like I was the administrator (talking with agents to send cargo at the store, introducing the bills etc).

Thanks for the encouragement. I will still loking for a job, I think everything in UK is much better than Romania. I don't know whats the wages there, but I think the minimum is 800-850 pounds/month and here the minimum is like 150 pounds/month. I looked on some sites from uk who offers jobs, I applied for some of them but maybe they are looking for experience on that post, I don't know.

You could also maybe get into the translator business. Your English is very good and could be useful now many of your countrymen are coming here. The pay for this is excellent.
I know is payed very good but I'm not so good. In my opinion a translator should know to write, speak and understand a language perfectly and I'm not at that level.

Okay, if you say so
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:28:42 pm by DevilMayCry »

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 21, 2014, 05:33:11 pm by IC1967 »
You have many useful skills already. I think you would find it quite easy to get a job at a supermarket. There are many promotion opportunities available in this type of market and I could quite easily see you being promoted rapidly as you already have many of the required skills.

You need to bear in mind thought that wages are higher but so is the cost of living. I would say you would earn around £1000 per month to start with but by the time you've paid rent at about £200 per month and bought food etc you wouldn't have a lot left.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 21, 2014, 05:36:48 pm by DevilMayCry »
I would say you would earn around £1000 per month to start with but by the time you've paid rent at about £200 per month and bought food etc you wouldn't have a lot left.
I'm totally agree with this. But with that salary i can pay rent, food and other things and remain not with much and is a very big difference, here with my wage I only pay rent and that's all.

I will still try and maybe with a bit of luck, in the future we will see at a match of Rovers  :scarf:

Thanks for the support mate.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:39:31 pm by DevilMayCry »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 21, 2014, 05:49:44 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Okay, if you say so

DMC   Nudga wasn't referring to you  he was referring to  IC1967

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 21, 2014, 05:50:41 pm by DevilMayCry »

Okay, if you say so

DMC   Nudga wasn't referring to you  he was referring to  IC1967

I thought that he was referring to me.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 21, 2014, 05:55:11 pm by Nudga »
Hi Devil, not at you buddy but at mad mick, he is well known around these parts for having the verbal shits.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012