Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 12:10:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How's it going?  (Read 10654 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: How's it going?
« Reply #30 on February 13, 2014, 04:05:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Metro dome was good when I was a kid to be fair.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 13, 2014, 04:27:38 pm by DearneValleyRover »
To be fair Frosty, they the Yorkshire Sculpture park, Canon Hall, Wentworth Castle, a working Mill, a decent market and the Old No7 for a good selection of ales.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 13, 2014, 04:35:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »
And don't forget when a trip down memory lane for tourists who are fascinated by working class life in the past is the order of the day, Barnsley puts Beamish to shame.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 13, 2014, 04:43:13 pm by Bentley Bullet »
And I met the whole cast of the TV programme 'Shameless' there once. They were filming on location.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:59:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 13, 2014, 04:44:14 pm by MrFrost »
To be fair Frosty, they the Yorkshire Sculpture park, Canon Hall, Wentworth Castle, a working Mill, a decent market and the Old No7 for a good selection of ales.

Still not a patch on Doncaster

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 13, 2014, 04:54:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I was in Barnsley once doing some missionary work. I overheard a bloke say to his son 'don't look down, just don't look down'. I thought, what's he on about, maybe he's telling him not to look down when tight-rope walking........ turns out he was telling him about getting a blow job off a Barnsley lass.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 05:07:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 13, 2014, 04:57:16 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Still not a patch on Doncaster

Never said it was

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 13, 2014, 06:09:22 pm by WhiteyBFC »
I think folk trying to claim either town is better, need to read this article, from Donny's own fanzine.

http://popularstand.wordpress.com/2014/02/13/doncaster-rovers-v-barnsley-preview-encouraging-a-derby/

I'm halfway through my own blog article which will preview the game amongst other things, and I'll post it on here later, or tomorrow morning at the latest.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 13, 2014, 06:51:27 pm by Filo »
Was n't Jurrasic Park filmed on location in Barnsley?

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 13, 2014, 07:47:07 pm by colincramb »
That article in the pop stand is brilliant!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 14, 2014, 01:11:15 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It must be a special day for the Dingles on Saturday,because the one I work with is talking about have a bath before he arrives at the Keepmoat ,and his birthday is not until June . He will  stand out like a  sore thumb in away end  ;)
:D

I'm surprised your caravans are still stationary in this weather.

But on a serious note, if this continues the game might not go ahead.

We have got some very ingenious Caravans and it don't matter how much rain we get.We just move our valuables up a level. :lol:

Give over all of you,it's beginning to sound like a Wednesday/United Green un argument over who has the best crowds,we both sets of fans live in Town's that are s..tholes,but they are our s..tholes,course ''The Dingles'' can't travel any further than 40 miles,they are still on '' Second World War Petrol Rationing'' nobody told them the war is over :facepalm:,please note Drovers picture the souped up ''Red and White'' caravan is currently owned by our chairman,the little one with the orange stripe is being Rented on a Short lease by Danny Wilson,he is heard mumbling to himself ''In the Wee small hours'',and the light is always on,someone peeped through the window one day,he was manically chalking formations on a blackboard,trying to find a formation that works,he plays ''The Impossible Dream'' all day long Top volume,he's got it on repeat,he's unfortunately got an ASBO For that :headbang:,They say you can't choose your neighbours.....  :mad:

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 14, 2014, 09:13:23 am by RedRover45 »
just to get some things straight:-

I don't want mi drive tarmacing
I havn't got any scrap metal
I don't want any lucky heather or pegs
Please don't park your caravan near my property
Get your hair cut

hopethishelps

Fact. There are more gypsy encampments in the Metropolitan district of Barnsley than there are in the Metropolitan district of Doncaster. Thanks.

PS Don't forget to have a wash before you come over the border. All this rain should help you.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 14, 2014, 09:52:34 am by Filo »

Get your hair cut

hopethishelps

Fact. There are more gypsy encampments in the Metropolitan district of Barnsley than there are in the Metropolitan district of Doncaster. Thanks.

PS Don't forget to have a wash before you come over the border. All this rain should help you.

The largest Gypsy encampment in South Yorkshire is located in Smithies Lane, Barnsley

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 14, 2014, 10:18:37 am by roversam »
So their nickname ought to be dingle pikeys lol

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 14, 2014, 10:20:32 am by roversam »
Pikey dingles has a better ring to it though.

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 14, 2014, 12:25:59 pm by WhiteyBFC »

Get your hair cut

hopethishelps

The largest Gypsy encampment in South Yorkshire is located in Smithies Lane, Barnsley
We like to keep them all in one place.

Here's the amount of them, throughout South Yorkshire:

Total 4,971

Doncaster 3,903
Barnsley 503
Sheffield 340
Rotherham 224

www.sheffield.gov.uk

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 14, 2014, 01:14:29 pm by RobTheRover »
White, Whitey, Whitey,t'old lad... you've fallen into the Sheffielders' trap!  First rule of SY life.  Never trust a deedar!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 14, 2014, 02:14:41 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Total 4,971

Doncaster 3,903
Barnsley 503
Sheffield 340
Rotherham 224

Whitey, Whitey, White, Whitey, Whitey Whitey..........Allow me to explain............Our Gypsy friends are not like us ordinary folk, in that they are free spirited and as such like to roam the country, settling and moving on when their nomadic instincts tell them to.

Now here is the question........If you were a free spirited Gypsy with such instincts where would you choose to live given the four options above?

Surely 78.5% of them who choose Doncaster can't all be wrong?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 14, 2014, 02:45:41 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Come on Whitey, Darfield is a permanent pikey encampment

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 14, 2014, 03:57:54 pm by Boomstick »
There talking about us talking about them on their forum :lol:.
Personally, I can't in anyway think of something that Barnsley has over Doncaster, not one.
Barnsley hasn't had anywhere near the investment doncaster has had in the last 15-20 years. In fact I would compare Barnsley to other shot hole towns like pontefract, Scunthorpe, dewsbury etc

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 14, 2014, 04:07:47 pm by Dare to dream! »
Tbh I used to think they were a good club with decent fans until TLO Doncaster started competeting with them now above then in the table look at their forum 'what history do Doncaster have? HISTORY DOESN'T MATTER YOU INBRED C****! Bordering on the level of Leeds and Wednesday standards. Hope you enjoy telling Gillingham, Oldham and Colchester about your one season wonder in the Premiership.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:37:10 pm by Forum Admin »

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 14, 2014, 05:45:34 pm by WhiteyBFC »
Total 4,971

Doncaster 3,903
Barnsley 503
Sheffield 340
Rotherham 224

Whitey, Whitey, White, Whitey, Whitey Whitey..........Allow me to explain............Our Gypsy friends are not like us ordinary folk, in that they are free spirited and as such like to roam the country, settling and moving on when their nomadic instincts tell them to.

Now here is the question........If you were a free spirited Gypsy with such instincts where would you choose to live given the four options above?

Surely 78.5% of them who choose Doncaster can't all be wrong?

Creative way of looking at it I suppose. Fair play.

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 14, 2014, 05:47:05 pm by WhiteyBFC »
Tbh I used to think they were a good club with decent fans until TLO Doncaster started competeting with them now above then in the table look at their forum 'what history do Doncaster have? HISTORY DOESN'T MATTER YOU INBRED C****! Bordering on the level of Leeds and Wednesday standards. Hope you enjoy telling Gillingham, Oldham and Colchester about your one season wonder in the Premiership.

I agree actually. Some of the stuff said on our forum about you borders on the Wednesday-ish arrogance regarding history etc. It's factual, but a bit sad really.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:37:32 pm by Forum Admin »

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 14, 2014, 05:54:40 pm by donnyproletarian »
My mam just told me a bloke from Barnsley is booked and been accepted on a trip to mars with Branston and co .Apparently ,its to pre empt armagedon etc and a one trip way.Anyway got me thinking.Does this mean a dingle is in someway superior to the rest of us and can help build a new Jerusalem or is it confirmation that dingles do indeed have 6 fingers and are in fact martians . 

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 14, 2014, 06:00:58 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I agree actually. Some of the stuff said on our forum about you borders on the Wednesday-ish arrogance regarding history etc. It's factual, but a bit sad really.

Not surprising though is that the factual history stuff never includes the fact that Doncaster Rovers lead Barnsley in head to heads!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:37:48 pm by Forum Admin »

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 14, 2014, 06:17:07 pm by Al4475 »
To be fair BB Whitey's Blog does say that  - and I'll let it known tomorrow too! Haha!

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 14, 2014, 06:37:31 pm by WhiteyBFC »

Not surprising though is that the factual history stuff never includes the fact that Doncaster Rovers lead Barnsley in head to heads!
My blog does.

As I say, we're not all bad.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:38:00 pm by Forum Admin »

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 14, 2014, 06:46:48 pm by Al4475 »
Congratulations are in order for both Viva and Whitey in my opinion - two very good reads along similar lines!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 14, 2014, 08:12:45 pm by MrFrost »
I see Barnsley had sold 2400 as of this morning. Far more than what we took there.
We had sold 5800.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on February 14, 2014, 08:21:04 pm by dknward2 »
This is their cup finial bless em to us just another game

TinyPortal © 2005-2012