Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 09:54:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: tonight on football heaven  (Read 6467 times)

selby

• VSC Member
tonight on football heaven
« on March 19, 2014, 07:17:58 pm by selby »
Well that was the best Wendies w**k fest ever.
Is it worth us turning up on Saturday against such a great side?.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: tonight on football heaven
« Reply #1 on March 19, 2014, 07:59:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It'll make it much sweeter won't it.

StickToTheRules_61

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 19, 2014, 08:06:45 pm by StickToTheRules_61 »
Someone with half a technical brain could make their own radio phone-in for local clubs, potentially much better than Radio Sheffield offer.

Could have 2 opposing views or opposing fans, skype call eachother live on radio and have them battle it out, then vote online as to which fan but the better argument across.

Full of shit ideas me  :)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 19, 2014, 08:10:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Hope we've been training all week with just ten players, 'cause we'll have one sent off - that's a certainty against that lot.

The question is who?  I'll go for Chris Brown.......

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 19, 2014, 08:13:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
They are playing well at the moment. The evidence is a mate of mine actually smiled this morning, appeared to be 2 inches taller and wasn't carrying his umbrella!!

StickToTheRules_61

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 19, 2014, 08:25:40 pm by StickToTheRules_61 »
Hope we've been training all week with just ten players, 'cause we'll have one sent off - that's a certainty against that lot.

Dean Furman to come on as a sub and get sent off within 5 minutes. 2 standard fouls by Dean "i'll just put my leg out" Furman.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 19, 2014, 08:28:34 pm by pib »

Dean Furman to come on as a sub and get sent off within 5 minutes. 2 standard fouls by Dean "i'll just put my leg out" Furman.

Surely if you have a go at anyone for this, it's Wellens? He's our most carded player this season by far. Most of them for silly trips and dissent.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 19, 2014, 08:31:11 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Surely if you have a go at anyone for this, it's Wellens? He's our most carded player this season by far. Most of them for silly trips and dissent.

My first thought was Wellens but I wanted to be controversial!

StickToTheRules_61

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 19, 2014, 08:39:30 pm by StickToTheRules_61 »

Furman is god awful at tackling though.

Furman has started 12 games less than Wellens, yet is only 5 yellows behind him. 1 red card to Wellens 0 too.

I don't mind silly trips and dissent (as long as it doesn't constantly cost us and become a liability). I do mind shit tacklers though.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 19, 2014, 09:22:50 pm by MrFrost »
What happened to that weekly Rovers thing on Rovers Player?
Always thought one of our local stations could do a phone in. Is anything stopping it?

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 20, 2014, 07:10:08 am by godlike1 »
I just don't listen to the station anymore, even when we being commentated on (which is normally away games) they don't even have any co-commentator

There's only one bloke to blame and that is the idiot producer paul walker who is so far up his own arse it's unreal

I do think it will be a tough game but am hoping the lads are switched on and up for it

I'm predicting 3-2 to us with the dee daa's going 2-0 up in the 1st half but then us turning in a fantastic 2nd half display with billy scoring the last goal in the last minute

Obviously it will be because the owls became complacent of we do win and nothing else

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 20, 2014, 10:04:46 am by bobjimwilly »
Playing devils advocate but what would rovers fans prefer to hear on their own station? More rovers news? More interviews? More pre-match build up? More rovers phone ins? Or just a presenter whos a bit less up the sheffield clhbs arses...  :whistle:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 20, 2014, 10:06:28 am by wing commander »
     They got lucky on Tuesday night,i wasn't even convinced it was a foul never mind a penalty and sending off....Still the fact they did play Tuesday has to help a little bit..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 20, 2014, 10:49:28 am by RedJ »
Couldn't Trax do a phone in? they already have a "Donny Rovers Show" on a Thursday night.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 20, 2014, 12:34:43 pm by Al4475 »
I'm trying to write my first history of their club this saturday as a slightly tongue in cheek reference to how great they are/were in comparison to TLOD - I dunno whether I'll succeed but if I do, they'll all think it's an acknowledgement of their former greatness and we'll all know it's really a bit of a joke at their expense!

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 20, 2014, 12:36:46 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
I'm trying to write my first history of their club this saturday as a slightly tongue in cheek reference to how great they are/were in comparison to TLOD - I dunno whether I'll succeed but if I do, they'll all think it's an acknowledgement of their former greatness and we'll all know it's really a bit of a joke at their expense!

Good work that man. Try and include the word 'Massive' a few times...

:rolleyes:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 20, 2014, 12:37:19 pm by Filo »

Will the former pig farm at Hillsborough get a mention, or is that a myth?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 20, 2014, 12:51:02 pm by pib »

Sounds very professional.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 20, 2014, 12:52:55 pm by RobTheRover »
Mention "the famous blue and white shirts are inspired by a butcher's apron"

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 20, 2014, 04:47:51 pm by Al4475 »
 Thanks pib! I don't pretend to be a professional - I'm a fan of drfc who's been lucky enough to be able to be involved in this why and I think in general it works well!
 :P
I do try to be informative and if I can a little tongue in cheek! And to be fair, so far this season I've had really positive feedback from a lot of supporters at away clubs who appreciate that first bit I do in the light hearted but informative nature it's meant to be done in and taken! So this weekend will be no different to other home games particularly! Just maybe a touch more small club rubbing shoulders deservedly so with former giants - nowt wrong with that!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:54:21 pm by Al4475 »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 20, 2014, 05:02:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Al, if you get a bit of distortion from the sound system during your club history summary, don't forget to apologise for the crackling.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 20, 2014, 05:10:15 pm by PDX_Rover »
Surely it's a rind up? Don't forget to ham it up. Don't say owt too rasher and for God's sake don't streak.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 20, 2014, 05:16:02 pm by River Don »
Song for Saturday.

Piggies by the Beatles

Everywhere there's lots of piggies
living piggies lives
you can see them out for dinner with their piggy wives
clutching knives and forks to eat their bacon

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 20, 2014, 05:25:06 pm by Woodhead Passer »
Don't make too much meat of it, you don't want to cross the loin!

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 20, 2014, 05:28:26 pm by scaley back rover »
lets just hope the wendies get ham strung by all of it

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 20, 2014, 08:56:33 pm by bobjimwilly »
Don't boar us with too much of their history Al

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 21, 2014, 02:31:56 am by Sammy Chung was King »
They are playing well at the moment. The evidence is a mate of mine actually smiled this morning, appeared to be 2 inches taller and wasn't carrying his umbrella!!

He will be walking three inches smaller by saturday night,when we've tonked them 3-0 Donnybaz :scarf:

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 21, 2014, 06:33:55 am by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Song for Saturday.

Piggies by the Beatles

Everywhere there's lots of piggies
living piggies lives
you can see them out for dinner with their piggy wives
clutching knives and forks to eat their bacon

Oh please, please, please anyone who can have a quiet word (Al perhaps) get this played before kick off  :laugh:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 21, 2014, 09:11:58 am by The Red Baron »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4WWmHRO5-A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4WWmHRO5-A</a>

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 22, 2014, 02:57:20 am by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4WWmHRO5-A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4WWmHRO5-A</a>

That's the one... Get it played :-)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012