Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 05:21:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Play-off dates confirmed  (Read 5623 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Play-off dates confirmed
« on April 02, 2014, 11:10:15 am by The Red Baron »

The Football League have confirmed the dates for the Play-Off Semi-Finals.

CHAMPIONSHIP

Thursday 8th May, 7:45pm - match ;A 1st leg (6th v 3rd)

Friday 9th May, 7:45pm - match B 1st leg (5th v 4th)

Sunday 11th May, 5:15pm - match A 2nd leg (3rd v 6th)

Monday 12th May, 7:45pm - match B 2nd leg (4th v 5th)

Final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 24th May.

LEAGUE ONE

Saturday 10th May, 12:15pm - match A 1st leg (6th v 3rd)

Saturday 10th May, 5:15pm - match B 1st leg (5th v 4th)

Tuesday 13th May, 7:45pm - match A 2nd leg (3rd v 6th)

Thursday 15th May, 7:45pm - match B 2nd leg (4th v 5th)

Final at Wembley Stadium on Sunday 25th May.

LEAGUE TWO

Saturday 10th May, 7:30pm - match A 1st leg (7th v 4th)

Sunday 11th May, 12:00pm - match B 1st leg (6th v 5th)

Friday 16th May, 7:45pm - match A 2nd leg (4th v 7th)

Saturday 17th May, 12:00pm - match B 2nd leg (5th v 6th)

Final at Wembley Stadium on Monday 26th May.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jenny

• VSC Member
Re: Play-off dates confirmed
« Reply #1 on April 02, 2014, 11:18:04 am by Jenny »
Really don't think we have to worry about them! And also really hoping we don't have to as on bridesmaid duty that weekend!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 02, 2014, 11:22:45 am by The Red Baron »
I should have said "for information only."  ;)

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 02, 2014, 11:25:01 am by Jenny »
We can still mathematicall make the play offs, so not all is lost!

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 02, 2014, 11:49:35 am by Belle_Vue »
Off topic section? 

Joke, based on people recently moaning about threads being moved, the admin moving threads, and above comments stating we won't get to the playoffs.
Although it is unlikely to make you laugh, it should be seen as a light hearted remark
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 02:07:30 pm by Belle_Vue »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 02, 2014, 12:05:42 pm by RedJ »
Off topic section? 
So are the playoffs not football relayed these days?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 02, 2014, 12:19:08 pm by Jenny »
Here is a suggestion, if you think that a thread is in the wrong section, use the report to moderator button and make your feelings known via that method rather than every thread turning into some kind of discussion about the merits of what section it should be in.

The moderators will take a view and act upon the report accordingly.

For what it is worth, the thread isn't off topic however, any more posts about the location of it are, and will be subsequently removed. Less of the playground antics would be great.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 02, 2014, 12:57:21 pm by donnievic »

no we can't

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 02, 2014, 01:05:08 pm by RJHeader »
Here is a suggestion, if you think that a thread is in the wrong section, use the report to moderator button and make your feelings known via that method rather than every thread turning into some kind of discussion about the merits of what section it should be in.

For what it is worth, the thread isn't off topic however, any more posts about the location of it are, and will be subsequently removed. Less of the playground antics would be great.

Less of the playground antics, yet you sound like a bloody teacher! I read Belle Vue's comment as a joke, meaning its nothing to do with us! Not actually demanding it be moved

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 02, 2014, 01:12:12 pm by Filo »

Less of the playground antics, yet you sound like a bloody teacher! I read Belle Vue's comment as a joke, meaning its nothing to do with us! Not actually demanding it be moved

Some of the childish comments and actions need a teachers comments, Jenny is correct, why does almost every thread descend into the why's and wherefores of particular posts, some people are being disruptive for no particular reason other than trying to be disruptive for disruptve's sake

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 02, 2014, 02:08:56 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Some of the childish comments and actions need a teachers comments, Jenny is correct, why does almost every thread descend into the why's and wherefores of particular posts, some people are being disruptive for no particular reason other than trying to be disruptive for disruptve's sake

Well said  Filo

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 02, 2014, 02:26:49 pm by nice one rovers »

You're going to end up in detention bud, careful.
Jenny won't reply to your response, she clears off for a couple of days when you disagree with her.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 02, 2014, 02:28:04 pm by BigColSutherland »
I sent Forum Admin a message yesterday - still awaiting a response.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 02, 2014, 02:28:55 pm by nice one rovers »

no we can't

We , mathematically could achieve fifth.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 02, 2014, 02:43:15 pm by TheFunk »
No we couldn't. It's impossible for all the teams between us and the playoffs to lose all their games.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 02, 2014, 02:44:32 pm by RedJ »
The word "mathematically" is the key.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 02, 2014, 02:46:21 pm by lee.j09 »
some of them teams play each other its impossible for both teams to gain 0 points....

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 02, 2014, 02:47:16 pm by hoolahoop »
Come on fellas Jenny is perfectly correct and why anyone doesn't think that the P/Offs aren't footy/ Rovers related is beyond me.
You can't have mods and mods buttons then expect to police this forum yourselves now can you ?
Funnily enough I too took the post as a joke but that's irrelevant...…...it could be taken either way perhaps the poster might clarify which way it was initially meant to be perceived ?

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 02, 2014, 02:47:29 pm by TheFunk »

I know, mathematically there aren't enough available points for us to make up the difference.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 02, 2014, 02:59:49 pm by Jenny »
I think 6th is the only obtainable position, looking at the fixtures of Reading and a quick glance at Forest/Ipswich/Brighton's fixtures, I think it is still possible, however, it would mean almost every game not including Reading would have to finish in a draw.

Reading play:

Charlton
Bournemouth
Leicester
Wigan
Middlesbrough
Rovers
Burnley

Leicester, Wigan and Burnley are all above them meaning that if Reading lost those 3 games it would have no bearing on us and the teams inbetween.

Bournemouth have 55 points so a win against Reading and then if they drew their remaining 6 games would put them on 64 points which is the maximum we could also get, therefore comes to goal difference but not impossible.

Middlebrough only have 49 points so beating Reading and then drawing their next 6 games would give them 58 points which we can beat.

Where is that league table predictor where you can input results when you need it....
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:05:31 pm by Jenny »

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 02, 2014, 03:20:02 pm by Belle_Vue »
Well thanks for the nice comments, it was said in a light hearted manner. I do apologise next time I attempt to say something that isn't serious I will explain...

Lighten up for f sake. Not everyone comes on here to start arguments.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 02, 2014, 03:40:58 pm by Filo »
Well thanks for the nice comments, it was said in a light hearted manner. I do apologise next time I attempt to say something that isn't serious I will explain...

Lighten up for f sake. Not everyone comes on here to start arguments.

You're correct Belle_Vue, not everyone does come on here to start arguments, not everyone creates multiple accounts either, but we do have a minority that feel the need to argue, create multiple accounts etc.

I'm sure you undestand

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 02, 2014, 03:44:07 pm by RedRover45 »
I can see both sides of this. Every poster on this forum has a differing sense of humour. You're right Belle Vue, you should be able to inject some humour sometimes and not everyone will get it and people do need to lighten up sometimes.
In my eyes, the problem is a few idiots on here who say things like you did, try to dress it up as sarcasm and mean it. They're the root cause of most of the problems.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 02, 2014, 03:45:47 pm by Filo »
I can see both sides of this. Every poster on this forum has a differing sense of humour. You're right Belle Vue, you should be able to inject some humour sometimes and not everyone will get it and people do need to lighten up sometimes.
In my eyes, the problem is a few idiots on here who say things like you did, try to dress it up as sarcasm and mean it. They're the root cause of most of the problems.

Correct, and those posters know who they are

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 02, 2014, 06:13:17 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Filo, I suspect some of them are so self obsessed that they actually don't.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 02, 2014, 06:19:37 pm by Dagenham Rover »

:saywhat: :thumbsup:

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 02, 2014, 06:43:17 pm by BigColSutherland »

:that:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 02, 2014, 06:51:00 pm by Filo »

I think you might be correct on this one

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 02, 2014, 07:16:44 pm by pib »
The irony.  :lol:

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 02, 2014, 08:55:02 pm by BigColSutherland »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012