Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 07:58:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leicester sales..  (Read 17991 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Leicester sales..
« Reply #30 on April 29, 2014, 04:29:31 pm by idler »
Why would you feel embarrassed? It is what it is. Some don't want to suffer the heartache, and that I can understand.

A game this big and a half empty away end? That in football terms is embarrassing to me.
I was embarrassed on Saturday when the team went round to applaud the handful that stayed behind.
No doubt any that did a runner then will be hanging back applauding if we beat the odds and stay up.
I was as  disappointed as anybody and have an hours drive home but stayed behind.  :scarf:
That doesn't make me any better than anybody else, maybe I'm more used to disappointment.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 29, 2014, 04:35:50 pm by Jenny »
I hope anyone with the intention of not standing up doesn't go and park their arse at the back of the away end and ruin it for everyone who wants to stand and make an atmosphere.

I'm not going, but if I were and having a bad back means standing for long periods I needed to sit down and someone in front of me was constantly stood up, they would sit down whether they liked it or not! You have no consideration for others at all have you?

If you knew that you had to sit down and it was clear that allocated seating wasn't going to be adheared to, why put yourself in a position whereby you are having to constantly tell people to sit down?

Padge has a point, those who prefer to sit for 90 minutes should gravitate towards the front of the stand and let those who want to stand and create an atmosphere to move towards the back where they are less likely to ruin someones afternoon...

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 29, 2014, 04:40:47 pm by BigColSutherland »
What a load of rubbish Jenny.

The rules of the ground dictate that people, except during exceptional moments, should sit down. They are also, from my understanding of this fixture, required to sit in the seat they are allocated to.

Why should someone who is following the rules - whether you, they or I agree with them is irrelevant - find themselves put out by people who don't follow the rules. If Filo wants to sit at the back, and he has paid for his seat there, then that is his business.

He should neither have to put up with people standing up in his line of sight, nor should he be told to go and sit somewhere else.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 29, 2014, 04:47:56 pm by Boomstick »
Only problem when we sell out everybody goes to their allocated seats meaning the singers are split up and the people that want to stand are forced to sit down. I for one won't be that upset if we don't sell out, unreserved makes for a better atmosphere and experience over 90 minutes.
b*llocks to that, EVERYONE should be on their feet screaming their lungs out for 90 mins.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 29, 2014, 04:48:35 pm by Filo »
I hope anyone with the intention of not standing up doesn't go and park their arse at the back of the away end and ruin it for everyone who wants to stand and make an atmosphere.

I'm not going, but if I were and having a bad back means standing for long periods I needed to sit down and someone in front of me was constantly stood up, they would sit down whether they liked it or not! You have no consideration for others at all have you?

If you knew that you had to sit down and it was clear that allocated seating wasn't going to be adheared to, why put yourself in a position whereby you are having to constantly tell people to sit down?

Padge has a point, those who prefer to sit for 90 minutes should gravitate towards the front of the stand and let those who want to stand and create an atmosphere to move towards the back where they are less likely to ruin someones afternoon...

Thats all very well Jenny, but I may not like watching the game from pitch level, thats why I have n't got a ST at lower level at the KM. I think people like padge and you have a selfish attitude towards people that are not minded as yourselves

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 29, 2014, 04:53:45 pm by Boomstick »

The rules of the ground dictate that people, except during exceptional moments, should sit down. They are also, from my understanding of this fixture, required to sit in the seat they are allocated to.

Why should someone who is following the rules - whether you, they or I agree with them is irrelevant - find themselves put out by people who don't follow the rules. If Filo wants to sit at the back, and he has paid for his seat there, then that is his business.

He should neither have to put up with people standing up in his line of sight, nor should he be told to go and sit somewhere else.
Any rovers fan that moans about people standing on Saturday, either shouldn't have gone or isn't a hardcore FOOTBALL fan.
This is a visceral game, and I for one will be stood for the FULL 90 mins singing my self hoarse with out a single worry of who is behind me.

If you really want to sit, do it at home in your armchair

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 29, 2014, 04:57:02 pm by Filo »
What constitutes a hard core football fan?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 29, 2014, 05:01:15 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Standing - ALWAYS creates a better atmosphere, and ALWAYS helps the team on the pitch.

I can't wait for the safe standing to come in so this stupid debate where people stubbornly insist on sitting in the most stupid places and want to make everyone else around them sit. Many times I've been to away games with allocated seating that's ignored - that's how it should be. People gravitate to certain areas - if you like the back and want to sit, get there early and go towards a side, or sit central and in the bottom half... not hard is it. Or do you really want to be the one going against the natural grain and being bloody minded and causing aggravation?

The solution is simple (pre-safe standing). Certain areas are allocated seating, and areas such as the back half of away stands, and large areas such as the South Stand at the KM are unallocated.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 29, 2014, 05:05:23 pm by the vicar »

Any rovers fan that moans about people standing on Saturday, either shouldn't have gone or isn't a hardcore FOOTBALL fan.
This is a visceral game, and I for one will be stood for the FULL 90 mins singing my self hoarse with out a single worry of who is behind me.

what about ambulent disabled and older fans that cant stand

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 29, 2014, 05:07:24 pm by BigColSutherland »

Thankfully I'm not 12 years old so I'm not too concerned what other people think of me.

Unfortunately for you, if you were stood up in front of me you'd soon become concerned what both I, and the steward I notified, thought of you.

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 29, 2014, 05:17:38 pm by KieronDRFC »

Absolutely agree. God knows how some of these fans would manage supporting a team like leeds where all their away fans stand for every game.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 29, 2014, 05:22:53 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
....If you really want to sit, do it at home in your armchair

For sure that's an over reaction and the must be ample space for people who do choose or have to sit. But, it's not rocket science to create two areas so all can be catered for, both home and away. All except the one's who want to sit in the centre at the back  :thumbdown:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 29, 2014, 05:25:38 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Wouldnt say 12.15 makes it that 'inconvenient'.

Plenty of trains get you to Leicester well in time for KO.
Only a 90 min drive meaning you could set off mid morning and be there with time to spare.

If you live in Doncaster...

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 29, 2014, 05:26:59 pm by Jenny »

Thats all very well Jenny, but I may not like watching the game from pitch level, thats why I have n't got a ST at lower level at the KM. I think people like padge and you have a selfish attitude towards people that are not minded as yourselves

So people who stand up are selfish because they may ruin your enjoyment but people who sit and ruin the enjoyment of those that like to stand are fine?

There is an easy solution, singers/standers move towards the back and those who sit move to the front..... Obviously the problem you encounter then is people like yourself who are unwilling to compromise.

For what it's worth, I like mixing it up and therefore on occasions I want to sing shout and be merry I love towards like minded people and on occasions I don't I gravitate away from those standing, even if my allocated seat is right in the middle.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 29, 2014, 05:27:35 pm by Filo »

For sure that's an over reaction and the must be ample space for people who do choose or have to sit. But, it's not rocket science to create two areas so all can be catered for, both home and away. All except the one's who want to sit in the centre at the back  :thumbdown:

You're missing the point, it's allocated seating, the rules of the ground say you must sit on your allocated seat, so you want others to break the rules to satisfy your desires? I agree that separate areas should be created, but unfortunately in this case there are n't separate areas, so why should some one break the rules for you?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 29, 2014, 05:31:08 pm by Filo »

So people who stand up are selfish because they may ruin your enjoyment but people who sit and ruin the enjoyment of those that like to stand are fine?

There is an easy solution, singers/standers move towards the back and those who sit move to the front..... Obviously the problem you encounter then is people like yourself who are unwilling to compromise.

For what it's worth, I like mixing it up and therefore on occasions I want to sing shout and be merry I love towards like minded people and on occasions I don't I gravitate away from those standing, even if my allocated seat is right in the middle.

The person that sits is following the rules of the ground, and possibly obeying the law of the land, as it stands it's that simple, the person that sits is doing nothing wrong

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 29, 2014, 05:43:57 pm by Boomstick »

Thankfully I'm not 12 years old so I'm not too concerned what other people think of me.

Unfortunately for you, if you were stood up in front of me you'd soon become concerned what both I, and the steward I notified, thought of you.

It's people like you that are helping the sterilisation (spoiling) of football.
I'll be standing on Saturday, and I encourage everyone else to. Basically, SUPPORT the team, not sit there like a mute.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:55:53 pm by Boomstick »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 29, 2014, 05:56:57 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Filo - you are correct in relation to the wriiten laws, but incorrect in relation to the actual laws in place on the day, never mind the natural laws. And many time's I have bought a ticket for a game to be told to site wherever I like by the stewards when I get there. Probably 90% of the time in fact.

I'll be sat in my armchair in Bristol though  :( But at least that means one less standing in front of some lazy sod ;) And then also one less screaming his heart out for the lads  :(

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 29, 2014, 06:04:11 pm by RJHeader »
Wouldnt say 12.15 makes it that 'inconvenient'.

Plenty of trains get you to Leicester well in time for KO.
Only a 90 min drive meaning you could set off mid morning and be there with time to spare.

If you live in Doncaster...

Dare say most of the away following will be.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 29, 2014, 06:22:18 pm by The Red Baron »
Only problem when we sell out everybody goes to their allocated seats meaning the singers are split up and the people that want to stand are forced to sit down. I for one won't be that upset if we don't sell out, unreserved makes for a better atmosphere and experience over 90 minutes.
b*llocks to that, EVERYONE should be on their feet screaming their lungs out for 90 mins.

If I try "screaming my lungs out" I reckon I'll last about five minutes before the paramedics carry me away. (Before you ask, I have a respiratory problem as a result of my pneumonia last year).

I'll still do my best to get behind the lads though.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 29, 2014, 06:27:48 pm by The Red Baron »

You're missing the point, it's allocated seating, the rules of the ground say you must sit on your allocated seat, so you want others to break the rules to satisfy your desires? I agree that separate areas should be created, but unfortunately in this case there are n't separate areas, so why should some one break the rules for you?

If on Saturday the stewards say "sit anywhere you want" I'll quite happily sit near the front and let those who want to stand congregate at the back. I seem to think that is what happened last time we went to Leicester.

However, as we're likely to sell out our area, I'm guessing the "allocated seat" will be enforced. Standing for 90 minutes isn't a lot of fun when you struggle with your breathing.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 29, 2014, 06:31:38 pm by BigColSutherland »

It's people like you that are helping the sterilisation (spoiling) of football.
I'll be standing on Saturday, and I encourage everyone else to. Basically, SUPPORT the team, not sit there like a mute.

And it's people like you that are spoiling this country. If you don't like the rules of the ground, or you're not mature enough to obey them without spoiling someone else's day, then stay at home until you can understand how to socialise.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 29, 2014, 06:34:12 pm by Boomstick »
Bore off, you must be a very miserable person. Why do you even follow football?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 29, 2014, 06:36:09 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
And it's people like you that are spoiling this country. If you don't like the rules of the ground, or you're not mature enough to obey them without spoiling someone else's day, then stay at home until you can understand how to socialise.

Fair enough. If it is unallocated though, I assume you'll not be insistant on others sitting down if you choose to sit where others are likely to be standing?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 29, 2014, 06:38:25 pm by Filo »

The words of a person with the inability to conduct a mature debate!

Maybe he likes football, have you ever thought of that?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 29, 2014, 06:39:09 pm by BigColSutherland »

I don't owe you any explanations. You however owe your fellow supporters a degree of courtesy. I suggest you have a think about that.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 29, 2014, 07:12:57 pm by Retdon1 »
God we have some boring fans if you want to sit down go sit in the near the front, if you want to stand up go stand near the back its not hard is it. What would some of these people do if we had a away support like leeds/sheff w/notts f where all their fans stand for the full 90 mins.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 29, 2014, 07:22:59 pm by BigColSutherland »
God we have some boring fans if you want to sit down go sit in the near the front, if you want to stand up go stand near the back its not hard is it. What would some of these people do if we had a away support like leeds/sheff w/notts f where all their fans stand for the full 90 mins.

If we're talking about what's hard and what's not, then I'd suggest finding the seat number that corresponds to that on your ticket and sitting down must be up there with the simplest of tasks to perform. For most people.

We've suddenly found ourselves a number of self styled anarchists, who live for the buzz of breaking the rules for two hours on a Saturday afternoon and prove how much they love the game by spoiling it for other people. You crazy guys you.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 29, 2014, 07:36:31 pm by RJHeader »

If we're talking about what's hard and what's not, then I'd suggest finding the seat number that corresponds to that on your ticket and sitting down must be up there with the simplest of tasks to perform. For most people.

We've suddenly found ourselves a number of self styled anarchists, who live for the buzz of breaking the rules for two hours on a Saturday afternoon and prove how much they love the game by spoiling it for other people. You crazy guys you.

I think its more about trying to create the best possible atmosphere for Rovers.

Rather than 'breaking rules' you boring guy you

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 29, 2014, 07:58:34 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Big Colin it's not about breaking the rules it's about getting the best possible atmosphere going. By doing this getting as what happened at all 23 away games so far and getting the group of singers all together.
As for people not wanting to sit at pitch level. I believe the away end at Leicester is about 45 rows high. Sitting on say row 35 shouldn't be an issue.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012