Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 07:57:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leicester sales..  (Read 17990 times)

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
Re: Leicester sales..
« Reply #60 on April 29, 2014, 08:14:17 pm by BigColSutherland »
If people want to get an atmosphere going they should be more organised. Buy tickets together for example.

Not everyone wants to stand. The rules, currently, are on the side of these people.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 29, 2014, 08:21:35 pm by Donnyrovers »
If people want to get an atmosphere going they should be more organised. Buy tickets together for example.

Not everyone wants to stand. The rules, currently, are on the side of these people.

Can hardly get 100's of people to get tickets together stop been so boring.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 29, 2014, 08:33:54 pm by StocktonRover »
Early start for me on Saturday with a 3 hour journey to contemplate every conceivable outcome....

As for sitting or standing, I think I'll be too nervous to sit  :unsure:

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 29, 2014, 08:37:51 pm by BigColSutherland »

There seems to be an influx of teenagers on here tonight. Is there something exciting about sitting in the wrong seat? Oh you daredevil.

I bet you get a right rush when you sit in a seat you haven't reserved on a train as well don't you?

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 29, 2014, 08:43:27 pm by Donnyrovers »
No I'm not a teenager but it makes to a better atmosphere when people stand up and sing and if people who want to stand and sing to get behind the team want to go the back I think that's fair enough. If you want to sit down and just watch the game you don't have to go to the front because Leicester is a big away stand even just half way up just go sit there instead of been so f**king dull whinging.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 29, 2014, 08:45:11 pm by RedArmy »
In my opinion, if it counts for anythingn that is, there's nothing wrong with people wanting to sit or people wanting to stand we all follow the same club, if you want to stand don't stand near a load of folk who look asif they are going to want to sit down and same for the ones wanting to have a seat don't sit near the singers where you know your going to cause yourself trouble, just use a bit of common sense not hard is it we're all there to support the same team ffs, if it's is sit where your ticket says then unfortunately many wanting to stand will have to sit down, as stated that's the way it goes

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 29, 2014, 08:49:08 pm by RJHeader »

There seems to be an influx of teenagers on here tonight. Is there something exciting about sitting in the wrong seat? Oh you daredevil.

I bet you get a right rush when you sit in a seat you haven't reserved on a train as well don't you?

What an embarrassing response.

If in doubt just presume everyone who disagrees is a teenager?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 29, 2014, 08:52:40 pm by Boomstick »

No, if people want to sit and be mutes, then they should organise THEMSELVES to be together near the bottom or something. or better yet, at home in their armchair where they may be better suited

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on April 29, 2014, 09:06:41 pm by idler »
It was amazing how many that want to stand and shout disappeared before the final whistle on Saturday. :)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #69 on April 29, 2014, 09:23:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
To assume that everyone who opts to sit in their alloted seat is a boring mute is quite astonishing. I hope you are lucky enough to sit or stand next to me one day.

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on April 29, 2014, 09:24:44 pm by SLO@DRFC »
If you going to Leicester you can read  our new AWAY MATCH PACK we've created with information relating to the match.

http://freepdfhosting.com/16eba56a08.pdf

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on April 29, 2014, 09:27:30 pm by GazLaz »
I can't believe people still bite when BigCol goes fishing.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 29, 2014, 09:31:10 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
BigCol - you didn't say, so I'll ask again. *If* the stewards say it's sit where you want, would you still insist on having your seat, or choose to sit near the top in the centre?

As was said, it's likely to be a sell out (esp if the score at Brum stays the as is  :scarf: ), so likely it will be sit in your ticketed seat anyway.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 29, 2014, 09:51:51 pm by BigColSutherland »
BigCol - you didn't say, so I'll ask again. *If* the stewards say it's sit where you want, would you still insist on having your seat, or choose to sit near the top in the centre?

As was said, it's likely to be a sell out (esp if the score at Brum stays the as is  :scarf: ), so likely it will be sit in your ticketed seat anyway.
If it's unallocated I'd invariably make a judgement. I'd be naive to think I could sit on the back row and see the game of course.

However, when it's allocated I'd expect to have the seat I've paid for.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 30, 2014, 11:43:24 am by GazLaz »
With last nights result and not being on Sky you would imagine the last few tickets will be snapped up in the next couple of days. Nobody need be embarrassed!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on April 30, 2014, 12:19:45 pm by RobTheRover »
Apart from Boomstick for being a right-wing kitson!

;)

Love you really, Boomer!

Mr Brightside

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on April 30, 2014, 01:35:49 pm by Mr Brightside »
If you going to Leicester you can read  our new AWAY MATCH PACK we've created with information relating to the match.

http://freepdfhosting.com/16eba56a08.pdf

Cheers pal, nice one.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 30, 2014, 01:42:12 pm by Padge_DRFC »
How many left now?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 30, 2014, 01:48:00 pm by Boomstick »
Apart from Boomstick for being a right-wing kitson!

;)

Love you really, Boomer!
Oi, keep politics off topic.
I'll not be embarrassed if we sell out! But I'll be embarrassed if everyone isn't stood for the 90 mins screaming their lungs out, lighting flares and lobbing massive inflatables about. 😉

In fact I'll be massively disappointed if there isn't at least one blow up sex doll, and at least 1 blow up phallus

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on April 30, 2014, 01:55:53 pm by BigColSutherland »
I'll be embarrassed if everyone isn't stood for the 90 mins screaming their lungs out, lighting flares and lobbing massive inflatables about.

A real fan would do this during injury time as well.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on April 30, 2014, 02:07:05 pm by Boomstick »
And in their sleep.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on April 30, 2014, 02:14:39 pm by graingrover »
whether they are teenagers or not they are the singing chanting backbone of our away support

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on April 30, 2014, 02:19:39 pm by andysly »
As a group we need to get behind the team on Saturday.
That means having a sizeable minority prepared to make some noise, that also means being able to congregate together and stand up. Singing/chanting groups will always gather at the rear of a stand so as not to interfere with others views, so why can't those who just want to sit quietly respect that and take a position elsewhere. We should all be in this together wanting the best for the club and that means some good vocal support.
I have stood with no problem at every away game I've been to this season, probably because there's been little allocated seating or we've not sold out, let's not screw it up in the biggest game of the season and not be united off the field.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on April 30, 2014, 02:29:03 pm by GazLaz »
The younger lads are the core of our vocal support away from home. It's disgusting how they get patronised by many.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on April 30, 2014, 02:36:21 pm by Filo »
The younger lads are the core of our vocal support away from home. It's disgusting how they get patronised by many.

Gaz, I agree with you, but the younger lads don't help themselves do they, with coments like you're not a real fan if you don't travel way or you don't sing etc. What they don't realise is that a lot of us travelled the length and breadth of the country when we wete really shit in the old Div 4, places like Torquay on a mid winters Tuesday night etc. It's a two way street, a lot of us have been there and got the 'T' shirt, so to label the older crowds as not real fans shows no respect at all, if it were n't for some very dedicated older fans we probably would n't have a club to support at all.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on April 30, 2014, 02:49:00 pm by silent majority »
Standing in areas that have allocated seating create special problems which needs to be understood.

Standing in itself isn't illegal, but it is against ground regulations. Depending on the stewards approach to it they may want to impose themselves early on and some fans may suffer as a consequence. Leicester's stewards have a reputation for being a little belligerent when it suits.

Standing itself takes up more room than seated spectators, this causes people on the end of rows to spill into the gangways, another definite no-no as far as stewards and safety officers are concerned.

A sell out away end will always cause problems if people don't use their allocated seats. People arriving late in groups of 3 or 4 may not find enough seats together therefore creating issues when they want to sit in their allocated seats.

Hopefully the stewards and safety officer will monitor this properly and if it becomes an issue then I hope they utilise the overspill area in the stadium, that's what it's there for.

Whilst I appreciate everybody's willingness to create the right atmosphere and stand and sing for 90 minutes it's not much fun when the stewards are keen to impose themselves. Bolton was a classic example from earlier this season. Be aware, if that's want they want to do then there's very little that can be done.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on April 30, 2014, 02:57:00 pm by andysly »
In future would it possible for our ticket office to set aside say 200 tickets for an away "singing area".

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on April 30, 2014, 03:02:06 pm by silent majority »
It should be possible, I know other clubs accommodate those that wish to stand and those that wish to sit. But it's not universal at all, some clubs don't care.

I'm sure we can sort this for the next time it occurs, but it can be difficult to forecast. Normally, as you're aware, it sorts itself out on a Saturday afternoon without the need for intervention.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on April 30, 2014, 03:24:10 pm by GazLaz »

Gaz, I agree with you, but the younger lads don't help themselves do they, with coments like you're not a real fan if you don't travel way or you don't sing etc. What they don't realise is that a lot of us travelled the length and breadth of the country when we wete really shit in the old Div 4, places like Torquay on a mid winters Tuesday night etc. It's a two way street, a lot of us have been there and got the 'T' shirt, so to label the older crowds as not real fans shows no respect at all, if it were n't for some very dedicated older fans we probably would n't have a club to support at all.

No they don't but every generation thinks what they are doing is the best and that they are the first to ever do it. They will be on here in 20years telling the new generation that they put the miles in before they were born and people's circumstances change.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on April 30, 2014, 03:29:02 pm by andysly »
It should be possible, I know other clubs accommodate those that wish to stand and those that wish to sit. But it's not universal at all, some clubs don't care.

I'm sure we can sort this for the next time it occurs, but it can be difficult to forecast. Normally, as you're aware, it sorts itself out on a Saturday afternoon without the need for intervention.

Maybe it ought to be put to the club for next season then, seems some of our fans prefer to find reason to argue amongst themselves than get behind the team and that would take one issue away.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012