Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 04:15:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Willie McKay and Wigan  (Read 7062 times)

Drfc1996

• Forum Member
Willie McKay and Wigan
« on April 30, 2014, 05:29:17 pm by Drfc1996 »
Wigan fined £40,000 and Willie McKay given a 5 month suspension and been warned about his further conduct after breaking some rules for the transfer of Marc-Antoine Fortune

Very dodgy man he is, we got off lightly  :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedArmy

• Forum Member
Re: Willie McKay and Wigan
« Reply #1 on April 30, 2014, 05:56:13 pm by RedArmy »
I agree he is a dodgy man with dodgy goings on about him, but all he did was try and help us out don't see why he can't receive appreciation from our supporters for that, he tried it failed he left. No harm done

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 30, 2014, 05:56:35 pm by since-1969 »
His 5 month Suspension ,suspended for 2 years. Jammy Jock

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 30, 2014, 06:04:05 pm by godlike1 »
I heard a v strong rumour that if JR was really going to sell his shares then Willy would be the man he would sell them to

Thankfully this has not happened and hopefully never will

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 30, 2014, 06:05:56 pm by wilts rover »
The rule that was broken is this one:

FA's Football Agents Regulation C10(a)(i), which states an agent "must not carry out any activity for or on behalf of a club in any transaction in respect of a player where the agent has carried out any activity for or on behalf of another club in respect of the same player in the immediately preceding completed transaction or contract negotiation of that player".

so I wonder if him helping us to get Fortune on loan has any impact on this? Probably not, it would most likely be the move from Celtic to West Brom, but it would be ironic if that's what it was.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #5 on April 30, 2014, 06:22:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It was rumoured McKay offered us the 2 Macs. MacArthur and MacWotsit, who both ended up at Wigan after SO'D declined them. Allegedly not a popular decision with JR.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 30, 2014, 06:33:54 pm by Dare to dream! »
It was rumoured McKay offered us the 2 Macs. MacArthur and MacWotsit, who both ended up at Wigan after SO'D declined them. Allegedly not a popular decision with JR.

Charlie Adam was offered to us as well

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 30, 2014, 06:49:58 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Dorrans aswell wasn't there?

Drfc1996

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 30, 2014, 07:28:19 pm by Drfc1996 »
i agree he tried helping the club and only did what he was asked but i dont for one second believe he didnt bend the rules and things would have gone worse if he'd have stayed but thats another argument...

i wonder if wigan were aware they'd broken the rule or not? Willie could have told them it was all fine

as far as i know McKay offered SOD Adams and McCarthy who have both be sold for £8million and £14million each since then  :saywhat:

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 30, 2014, 07:31:42 pm by Alickismyhero »
I heard a v strong rumour that if JR was really going to sell his shares then Willy would be the man he would sell them to

Thankfully this has not happened and hopefully never will

A relative of mine was in WM company when he made comment about a fiendishly cunning plan of taking over the club! I don't know if it was to buy Ryan's shares but it may well have been

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 30, 2014, 07:57:29 pm by NickDRFC »
Must say, this "McCarthy, Adam etc were offered to us and we should have made £20m off them".

They were offered to us, along with dozens of other clubs. An agent isn't doing his job unless they're touting around. I'm sure SOD also passed up on 100s of other players whose careers amounted to the square root of naff all.

Every manager has passed up on several players who have gone on to bigger and better things, it's part and parcel.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 30, 2014, 08:02:49 pm by DonnyOsmond »
McKay offered them to us before anywhere else.

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 30, 2014, 08:09:27 pm by Belle_Vue »
Do you know that's true?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 30, 2014, 08:19:33 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Its pretty common knowledge they were offered to us before and on good terms

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 30, 2014, 09:22:12 pm by DonnyOsmond »
£300K each or together?  :silly:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 30, 2014, 09:29:08 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
You wasn't moaning when we got Fortune on loan was you?
Give the guy a break!

Drfc1996

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 30, 2014, 09:43:01 pm by Drfc1996 »
You wasn't moaning when we got Fortune on loan was you?
Give the guy a break!

im not moaning just stating the facts, hes got some very good players on his books just a very dodgy man

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 30, 2014, 09:53:00 pm by Drover »
i agree he tried helping the club and only did what he was asked but i dont for one second believe he didnt bend the rules and things would have gone worse if he'd have stayed but thats another argument...

i wonder if wigan were aware they'd broken the rule or not? Willie could have told them it was all fine

as far as i know McKay offered SOD Adams and McCarthy who have both be sold for £8million and £14million each since then  :saywhat:

Thats an assumption made with guessing.I doubt very much that Wigan would be fined £40,000 if they was unaware.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 30, 2014, 10:05:20 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Thats an assumption made with guessing.I doubt very much that Wigan would be fined £40,000 if they was unaware.

Ignorance is not a defense  in law

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 30, 2014, 11:35:21 pm by CrippyCooke »
Dorrans aswell wasn't there?

We almost signed Dorrans until injuries at WBA meant he broke into their first team.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 30, 2014, 11:47:31 pm by Mike_F »
Having had first hand experience of Mr. MacKay at close quarters, he's certainly not the sort of character I would want involved with the club. A right nasty piece of work.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 01, 2014, 09:51:26 am by Colin C No.3 »
The tarmac put down on my driveway has lifted in several places plus, I asked for white stone chippings to be placed randomly in the drive for added effect only to find at the first rainfall that the 'white stone chippings' had melted as they were in fact mint imperials!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 01, 2014, 11:31:00 am by Wellred »
Having had first hand experience of Mr. MacKay at close quarters, he's certainly not the sort of character I would want involved with the club. A right nasty piece of work.

Having had first hand experience of Mr McKay at close quarters. I would disagree with you 110%. Couldn't be more obliging and extremely helpful. I would suggest he is an awful lot more generous than some would have you believe.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 01, 2014, 11:46:39 am by Mike_F »
I mustve imagined his hand round my throat then.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 01, 2014, 12:08:20 pm by GazLaz »
I mustve imagined his hand round my throat then.

Was it an unprovoked attack?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #26 on May 01, 2014, 12:23:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We have had our fair share of unsavory characters connected with the club. Depends on what moral side of the fence we view their involvement. We can't control who the board/Owners jump in to bed with.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 01, 2014, 12:33:05 pm by Mike_F »
Depends if an apporpriate response to "Time to pack up and try somewhere else, Willie"

is to swing a haymaker and slam me into a wall with a firm had around the throat. I won't repeat the language he used or go into the nature of the threats that he followe dup with. Suffice to say he's not a pleasant individual.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 01, 2014, 03:14:47 pm by Wellred »
Depends if an apporpriate response to "Time to pack up and try somewhere else, Willie"

is to swing a haymaker and slam me into a wall with a firm had around the throat. I won't repeat the language he used or go into the nature of the threats that he followe dup with. Suffice to say he's not a pleasant individual.

People react differently when provoked.

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 01, 2014, 03:29:24 pm by CrippyCooke »

People react differently when provoked.

Some in a correct manner. Others like that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012