Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 02:08:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Takeover bid from  (Read 78563 times)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Takeover bid from
« Reply #120 on May 30, 2014, 12:22:59 pm by DearneValleyRover »
NO offence intended then DVR but unless that proof is in the public domain we can't comment on it.

As far as we can see, with what's publicly available, TB and DW are entertaining bids to buy the club and we don't know what caveat they are adding to the sale.

I fully understand the Club ought to be more open about certain things and less about others as it leads to the speculation that we had before and could well have now.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on May 30, 2014, 12:35:08 pm by steve@dcfd »
The CEO and owners should come out now and quash this rumour, truth whatever it is. They should lay out their plans for the summer and concentrate on resigning and signing players.
If it drags on like last summer then it will be shocking for the club.
If it's true they are considering selling then they should again make a statement so we know what their intentions are.
Some supporters bought season tickets in good faith at early bird prices. Since then we have been relegated now speculation starts again, it's not right.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on May 30, 2014, 12:36:49 pm by Filo »
The CEO and owners should come out now and quash this rumour, truth whatever it is. They should lay out their plans for the summer and concentrate on resigning and signing players.
If it's true they are considering selling then they should again make a statement so we know what their intentions are.
Some supporters bought season tickets in good faith at early bird prices. Since then we have been relegated now speculation starts again, it's not right.

Steve, for once I agree with you!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on May 30, 2014, 12:46:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Jesus. Just how gullible some folk are and trusting of people with loose tongues who hang on JR's coat tails.

I'm sure as any Rovers fan, would welcome any new money from genuine 'investors', including LT, if he had that sort or personal wealth to splash around. As suspected before, it seems like another bid from the tactical genius behind the first SC bid. 

Anything with SC behind it, wouldn't trust or touch it with a barge pole.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on May 30, 2014, 12:48:02 pm by godlike1 »

Steve, for once I agree with you!

I agree too. Its only right that they let the fans know what direction (no pun intended) the club is heading in.

If we hadent had to wait until after Xmas to get stability we may well have had a much better 1st half of the season and stayed up, instead all the uncertainty led to no one knowing where the club was going.  After Xmas, the stability and support from the board showed through and we were a nats breath from staying up.

this is why i started the thread saying rovers not for sale, not beause i don't realise that it will happen one day soon, but because we want a lng term future for the club and a stable summer to make ourselves as competitive as possible.

If anyone from the IRWT team or SLO's can talk to Gavin to at least send out a statement saying something along the lines as:

"yes the board are in discusions with an interrested party regarding taking over the  running of the club and they are at an advanced stage.  both TB and DW have set out clear conditions to which the party would have to meet in order to secure the long term future of the club as a priority.  If it is felt that these assurances cannot be met then the existing board would still be committed to supporting the manager with the budget he has been set for players to challenge for promotion this year.

In the meantime whilst these discussions take place in private the club will continue to run and operate as normal and proceed on the basis that the current board will still be in place at the beginning of the season and the foreseeable future"

there not hard, not committing to anything, offers reasurrances etc etc

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on May 30, 2014, 12:51:07 pm by steve@dcfd »
Jesus. Just how gullible some folk are and trusting of people with loose tongues who hang on JR's coat tails.

I'm sure as any Rovers fan, would welcome any new money from genuine 'investors', including LT, if he had that sort or personal wealth to splash around. As suspected before, it seems like another bid from the tactical genius behind the first SC bid. 

Anything with SC behind it, wouldn't trust or touch it with a barge pole.

If that's the case DBR the CEO should come out and say so with the clubs plans to proceed, we cannot have another summer like last year. The CEO on behalf of the owners said straight after our relegation the plan was to bounce back at the first time of asking. If that's still the case and the owners will not be considering any bids true or paper rumour then tell the supporters.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on May 30, 2014, 12:56:44 pm by Wild Rover »
They cant deny it, for sure. But they could come out and say it has no legs to it ( no bid made ). Having said that, Maybe LT/JR are waiting to see how many investors are lining up to contribute.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on May 30, 2014, 12:59:47 pm by DearneValleyRover »
My main worry now is that any transfer dealings are on hold until it's sorted, if it drags on like last time, forget promotion and worry about League 2

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on May 30, 2014, 01:05:15 pm by elmsallrover »
Off to see the new chairman in concert next Saturday al do anything to improve club funds :scarf:

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on May 30, 2014, 01:07:06 pm by Wild Rover »
My main worry now is that any transfer dealings are on hold until it's sorted, if it drags on like last time, forget promotion and worry about League 2

Transfer dealings are on hold anyway till July 1st, so DRFC have a month in which to sort it out.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on May 30, 2014, 01:09:11 pm by Sad-Rovers »
So the club need to get their finger out and either accept or reject this bid ASAP.

Delay will suit no one.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on May 30, 2014, 01:10:20 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Clubs will be talking to players agents now WR so that as soon as the window is open they can sign them, we might not be doing that due to not knowing who we can afford which is exactly what happened last season and why we missed out on some players and were late signing others.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on May 30, 2014, 01:16:28 pm by Wild Rover »
Its a fair point, but my guess is PD ( who had to make plans in order of League Status ) has now a two prong attack on recruitment ( though this will only last 30 days ).
It shouldn't take long for DRFC to accept or rebuff approach.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on May 30, 2014, 01:20:40 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Its a fair point, but my guess is PD ( who had to make plans in order of League Status ) has now a two prong attack on recruitment ( though this will only last 30 days ).
It shouldn't take long for DRFC to accept or rebuff approach.

I hope your right, if anything they should have learnt from last time you would think.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on May 30, 2014, 01:40:37 pm by bpoolrover »
Transfer dealings are not on hold thou till July you can still buy the players now just not hold the registration

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on May 30, 2014, 01:48:57 pm by Wild Rover »
You cannot sign players UNTIL transfer window ( unless out of contract right now ). What you can do is say "DRFC will sign xxxx as from july 1st. Like Cardiff have done with Macheda and Le Fondre, and doubtless others are doing or have done in recent weeks.
If what you say were the case, then why have a transfer window at all.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on May 30, 2014, 01:58:05 pm by RJHeader »
Transfer dealings aren't 'on hold' at all though are they? If anything transfer dealings will (should) be in full flow by now

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on May 30, 2014, 02:05:48 pm by Wild Rover »
Jesus....You can only "Commit to buy" at this time or "Commit to engage", you cannot purchase / take on outside transfer window.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on May 30, 2014, 02:06:36 pm by bpoolrover »
Correct wild rover but the signings can still be in place

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on May 30, 2014, 02:08:21 pm by Wellred »
I blame UKIP

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on May 30, 2014, 02:17:47 pm by Wild Rover »
Correct wild rover but the signings can still be in place

If a player ( Say Le Fondre ) is contracted to Reading, and Cardiff say " We will give you 4 million quid on 1st july for him, and Reading say "Yep" then that's ok, but he cannot sign till that date surely, as he is "Under Contract" . He is I guess able to sign a "Pre agreement" , because otherwise would that not constitute 3rd party ownership.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on May 30, 2014, 02:24:18 pm by RJHeader »
An agreement can be in place for the player to sign on July 1st. Contracts signed so that he moves on that date.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on May 30, 2014, 02:27:32 pm by Wild Rover »
Isn't that what I said with my "Commit to buy".

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on May 30, 2014, 02:39:49 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Le Fondre's transfer is listed as an undisclosed fee so that happened before July and isn't a free transfer

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on May 30, 2014, 02:43:41 pm by Wild Rover »
So.......It makes a mockery of a "Transfer Window".

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on May 30, 2014, 02:46:49 pm by RJHeader »
Why does it? thats when players are allowed to play for the club. Cant stop deals being agreed outside the transfer window.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on May 30, 2014, 02:49:57 pm by Wild Rover »
Its me, im stupid, I assumed transfer window was 1st july opening ( as that's when contracts are up ), its not that at all, it is as of end of season.http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/when-does-transfer-window-open-close/

Sincere apologies all round.

Will keep gob shut in future, or least till I checked. :blush:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on May 30, 2014, 02:55:26 pm by Filo »
Its me, im stupid, I assumed transfer window was 1st july opening ( as that's when contracts are up ), its not that at all, it is as of end of season.http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/when-does-transfer-window-open-close/

Sincere apologies all round.

Will keep gob shut in future, or least till I checked. :blush:

Thats for the Premier League, when is the last day of the season for FL clubs? The day of the last league fixtures? Or the day of the last play off final?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on May 30, 2014, 03:02:17 pm by Wild Rover »
According to Wiki 9th june opens, 31st august shuts.

But there appear to have been deals signed sealed and delivered by FL clubs back on 19th May.

In Fact Danny Mayor left SWFC for Bury on 3rd May.

Very Confused now.

Ah I see he was on loan there, so that must be permitted.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:10:47 pm by Wild Rover »

donnyguy61

« Reply #149 on May 30, 2014, 03:23:28 pm by donnyguy61 »

Liam Hoden ‏@liamhodenDFP  47s
Rovers confirm they 'have been approached and dialogue has taken place with external parties about a proposed takeover' #drfc

TinyPortal © 2005-2012