Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 08:18:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Takeover bid from  (Read 78510 times)

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: Takeover bid from
« Reply #180 on May 30, 2014, 06:23:00 pm by Sad-Rovers »
How's that humble pie tasting, Glynn?

What humble pie? I was commenting on you proclaiming that it was already a done deal according to you and 'your sources' - yet since then, even within this very thread, you've revised that to 'I hope DRFC decide one way or the other ASAP'. So much for it being a 'done deal', eh?

I'm lead to believe its a done deal, if that's incorrect then I hope for a swift conclusion. Clearer for you?

How's the search for love going, anyway?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on May 30, 2014, 06:27:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
How's that humble pie tasting, Glynn?

What humble pie? I was commenting on you proclaiming that it was already a done deal according to you and 'your sources' - yet since then, even within this very thread, you've revised that to 'I hope DRFC decide one way or the other ASAP'. So much for it being a 'done deal', eh?

I'm lead to believe its a done deal, if that's incorrect then I hope for a swift conclusion. Clearer for you?

How's the search for love going, anyway?

You didn't say you were 'led to believe', you presented it as fact. Were you wrong then, by any chance?

Sorry, you're not my type.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on May 30, 2014, 06:31:38 pm by Mr1Croft »
And so the mud slinging begins...

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on May 30, 2014, 06:37:50 pm by River Don »
I suppose I don't see anything wrong with the deal if it were to go through. At least while Rovers remain in Div 1. Between them Ryan and Tomlinson could afford to bank roll the club to get us promoted again and have a bit of fun doing it.

It's at that point that it gets tricky again, as the club would return to the position of looking for a large amount of investment in an effort to reach the promised land and in the past that is the precursor to bad decisions being made.

So hypothetically speaking if the takeover were to be accepted, I'd feel happier if TB and DW were able to retain a minority stake and a voice at the club.

I guess the proposal will be for a complete takeover though.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on May 30, 2014, 06:39:18 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Do you have trouble with the English language, Glyn? What I said was:

SC plus others, a done deal according to my sources.

Yes, I'm slightly out of your 35-65 age range...

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on May 30, 2014, 06:44:17 pm by bedale rover »
I don't want anything to do with the takeover

I am more than happy with TB &DW

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on May 30, 2014, 06:49:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I very much doubt there is simply just JR and LT involved in this.

I would like to think if LT was serious about getting involved financially with the club, he would be having dialogue with the current board members who are probably better placed to come up with a sound business plan.

I suspect LT was approached rather than the opposite, and I fear he may be being used as a pawn in someone's grand plan.

As said, let's hope it's sorted quickly and done the right way and not in the media, although of course, that doesn't one party's agenda.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on May 30, 2014, 06:50:22 pm by Copps is Magic »
How much money has this Tomlinson lad got?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on May 30, 2014, 06:50:44 pm by River Don »

I can understand that.

I just feel it's a shame that while we have three wealthy guys, four now, who all want to see the club succeed that they can't find a way to cooperate.

You wait decades for a bus and then four come along at once!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 07:00:42 pm by River Don »

DonnyRed1992

• Forum Member
« Reply #189 on May 30, 2014, 06:51:15 pm by DonnyRed1992 »
Okay after scratching my head for the best part of a hour I can't see how this will benefit us in any way

All it will do is make us look a absolute joke in the football world

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on May 30, 2014, 06:55:06 pm by BigColSutherland »

A Lannister always pays his debts.

Not a Wigley though. They're not ones for all that.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on May 30, 2014, 07:07:11 pm by phil o sophical »

I can understand that.

I just feel it's a shame that while we have three wealthy guys, four now, who all want to see the club succeed that they can't find a way to cooperate.

You wait decades for a bus and then four come along at once!
Must admit I'm of the same view. They all say they want the best for the club. If that is the case then surely the club would be better off financially if they pooled their individual wealth rather than replace one with the other

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on May 30, 2014, 07:08:07 pm by Wellred »
If JR is involved in this or any takeover in any way then it's a no from me.

Sad to say but he has blotted his copybook and is inextricably linked to SC.

I trust the current board to look after the long term interests of our club.

By the way - is it pure coincidence that certain posters claiming to have 'inside knowledge' who skulked away with their tail between their legs have re-appeared?

Which ever way you look at it. The current directors have overseen our fall from Championship football to league 1.
If you are happy with that then fair enough.
Personally I don't give a s**t who owns DRFC (with one exception. If ever a certain Top Gear presenter was involved that would be me finished).
I just want to see my club play in as high a division as possible.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on May 30, 2014, 07:10:27 pm by Sad-Rovers »
If ever a certain Top Gear presenter was involved that would be me finished).

Aye, I can't stand Richard Hammond either.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on May 30, 2014, 07:14:26 pm by The Red Baron »
What happens if SC are involved with season ticket holders who would not want to be still a supporter.

Why would that make a difference to ST holders?  Surely ST holders are much more attached to the club than a casual supporter who may be put off by such a takeover?

I am a ST holder for next season.  I was very dubious about SC last season, and still would be now if the details about who they are and what they wanted are sketchy.

Wouldn't stop me supporting the team as a protest though, unless the situation went downhill drastically.

I stuck with the club through the Richardson years but I'm not sure I could swear that I'd do the same if history repeated itself.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on May 30, 2014, 07:20:03 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Personally I hope all this comes to fruition, yes, even if SC are a part of it........

....if only to stick it to the condescending 'usual suspects' on this very site who have driven a good few paying members away.

Primarily of course, the 'Isle of Axholme' er, who barely a person in their village has a bloody good word for.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on May 30, 2014, 07:20:40 pm by The Red Baron »
So it is interfering with transfers and timed to do so. How is this in the best interest of the Club? Could an approach not have been made at the end of the season?
How the hell is it timed to interfere with transfers?! it's pre season, the best time to launch a takeover. Would you prefer it done during the season?

It's a moot point, actually. If the takeover and associated speculation makes it more difficult for us to sign or re-sign players then it could do more harm than if it were to take place during the season but outside of a transfer window.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on May 30, 2014, 07:22:22 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Personally I hope all this comes to fruition, yes, even if SC are a part of it........

....if only to stick it to the condescending 'usual suspects' on this very site who have driven a good few paying members away.

Primarily of course, the 'Isle of Axholme' er, who barely a person in their village has a bloody good word for.

Good use of 'condescending' there, TWD.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on May 30, 2014, 07:25:11 pm by bpoolrover »
Okay after scratching my head for the best part of a hour I can't see how this will benefit us in any way

All it will do is make us look a absolute joke in the football world
in what way would we look like a joke

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on May 30, 2014, 07:25:21 pm by BigColSutherland »
Who lives in the Isle?

Not Belton Rover!

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #200 on May 30, 2014, 07:28:07 pm by JonWallsend »

By the way - is it pure coincidence that certain posters claiming to have 'inside knowledge' who skulked away with their tail between their legs have re-appeared?

Which ever way you look at it. The current directors have overseen our fall from Championship football to league 1.
Personally I don't give a s**t who owns DRFC (with one exception. If ever a certain Top Gear presenter was involved that would be me finished).

I don't think anyone was happy to get relegated and while the present directors were indeed the directors back in May, I honestly wouldn't apportion any blame at their door.  They backed the manager in providing the funds for signings that I honestly believe should have been good enough for us to stay in the championship and were more than commensurate with our budget and attendances.

By default I suppose I am blaming Dickov, however, and I realise we have been down this road many times, I ultimately believe injuries at the wrong time cost us. I would be more than happy to see Dickov in charge next season.

Not a dig, Wellred but I'm genuinely interested as to what you feel the directors could have done in terms of financial support over and above the funds they provided, or indeed in any other way, so that they would not have overseen a relegation campaign?

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on May 30, 2014, 07:31:54 pm by Rovers Return »

You talk absolute bowl lacks ......

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #202 on May 30, 2014, 07:35:49 pm by grayx »

Totally agree.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on May 30, 2014, 07:36:03 pm by bobjimwilly »

Absolutely pathetic. Wouldn't expect anything less though Neil.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on May 30, 2014, 07:37:11 pm by Wellred »

I don't think anyone was happy to get relegated and while the present directors were indeed the directors back in May, I honestly wouldn't apportion any blame at their door.  They backed the manager in providing the funds for signings that I honestly believe should have been good enough for us to stay in the championship and were more than commensurate with our budget and attendances.

By default I suppose I am blaming Dickov, however, and I realise we have been down this road many times, I ultimately believe injuries at the wrong time cost us. I would be more than happy to see Dickov in charge next season.

Not a dig, Wellred but I'm genuinely interested as to what you feel the directors could have done in terms of financial support over and above the funds they provided, or indeed in any other way, so that they would not have overseen a relegation campaign?

Actually it wasn't a dig at the directors Jon. More a case of not being a particular fan of director A B or C.
I couldn't give a stuff who is in charge. I support the 11 players on the pitch wearing a DRFC shirt at any one time not its directors.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on May 30, 2014, 07:38:06 pm by Rovers Return »

Totally agree.

Agree

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on May 30, 2014, 07:44:54 pm by BigColSutherland »

Less of the sniping please BJW. Jenny has made it quite clear where we stand on that.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on May 30, 2014, 07:52:20 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Less of the sniping please BJW. Jenny has made it quite clear where we stand on that.

Could you hurry up and sort my membership out Robert? Theres a good lad. x

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on May 30, 2014, 08:28:23 pm by PDX_Rover »
Have it good authority it's Robson and Jerome throwing some money around, along with the Righteous Brothers....

You've lost that loving Phelan...

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on May 30, 2014, 08:37:39 pm by Wellred »
I think its more of a case of Phelan glad all over.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012