Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 05:50:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Takeover bid from  (Read 78476 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Takeover bid from
« Reply #240 on May 31, 2014, 09:58:17 am by The Red Baron »
LT as major shareholder with TB in support and JR as honorary Chairman would probably be the best ticket but that assumes that the antagonisms of the last fiasco did not leave an unbridegeable rift betwee the two .

LT as major shareholder? I doubt he's got that much money to put into the club. More likely he'd be the figurehead chairman with JR pulling the strings.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #241 on May 31, 2014, 10:00:02 am by The Red Baron »
but that is not going to happen is it i dont think JR and tb will ever see eye to eye ever again im not against what tb has tried to do but we do owe JR for all he has done for us all as a club and we should never slag him off cos of it

We should also never forget how TB and DW provided the essential finance to get promoted from Lg2 and Lg1. But most people are.

Nor should we forget last season when they supported the manager during a period of injuries. Don't think the blame for relegation lies at their door

Agreed. I think there were two main reasons why we went down, but a lack of backing from the boardroom wasn't one of them.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #242 on May 31, 2014, 10:12:25 am by steve@dcfd »
but that is not going to happen is it i dont think JR and tb will ever see eye to eye ever again im not against what tb has tried to do but we do owe JR for all he has done for us all as a club and we should never slag him off cos of it

We should also never forget how TB and DW provided the essential finance to get promoted from Lg2 and Lg1. But most people are.

Nor should we forget last season when they supported the manager during a period of injuries. Don't think the blame for relegation lies at their door

Agreed. I think there were two main reasons why we went down, but a lack of backing from the boardroom wasn't one of them.

Without the backing last year we would have been relegated sooner. As you say RB it was other factors for our relegation the board was not one of them. Therefore if the current owners should be thanked for what they did especially last year when they had to takeover the reins when a stroppy JR threw his dummy out of the cot. Let's hope this saga doesn't drag on and on, we need decisions to be made quickly so the manager can put a promotion squad together, god knows he will need it.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #243 on May 31, 2014, 10:47:53 am by Boomstick »
The truth is out there folks. JR is a spent force and has been for sometime. He can't let go and he can't live with the notion of the club succeding without him.
I would hardly call getting relegated succeeding

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #244 on May 31, 2014, 10:52:34 am by Red wizard »

The way I see this TO is with suspicion. We don't know the facts so its silly to jump to conclusions.

“Because the board have not dismissed the TO they want out”

This is complete rubbish they are obliged to check it out because it may in fact be a good deal for the club. I want the board to check it out and I have the confidence they will effectively.

Personally I want to know the ins and outs of it.

It appears that it is Ryan and LT but could it be that SC are in the background?

Do I trust SC?.....NO.     

Do I trust JR now he admits his lies about the sale of his shares? …..NO

Do I trust LT?.... NOT YET he is young inexperienced and probably being manipulated.

We have a club that is well run with a hard man at the top. If its a bad deal TB will send them packing.

Vicar you say we should not slag JR off! well, when he apologises for the lies he spouted to get his way and turn the supporters against Bramall and Watson I may well forgive him but I am beginning to doubt it.
DW and TB didn't help get us out of l2. JR did it on his own and the first season in l1 i think, maybe 2nd season as well. DW and TB came in the season before we went up i think. JR knew he couldn't do it on is own as he didn't have the money and thought these 2 would put more money in.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #245 on May 31, 2014, 10:55:02 am by eastender »
Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread already , but didn't Dick Watson have major heart surgery less than a moth ago.
Maybe he wants out now to concentrate on his well being.  :unsure:

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #246 on May 31, 2014, 10:56:24 am by Sprotyrover »

The way I see this TO is with suspicion. We don't know the facts so its silly to jump to conclusions.

“Because the board have not dismissed the TO they want out”

This is complete rubbish they are obliged to check it out because it may in fact be a good deal for the club. I want the board to check it out and I have the confidence they will effectively.

Personally I want to know the ins and outs of it.

It appears that it is Ryan and LT but could it be that SC are in the background?

Do I trust SC?.....NO.     

Do I trust JR now he admits his lies about the sale of his shares? …..NO

Do I trust LT?.... NOT YET he is young inexperienced and probably being manipulated.

We have a club that is well run with a hard man at the top. If its a bad deal TB will send them packing.

Vicar you say we should not slag JR off! well, when he apologises for the lies he spouted to get his way and turn the supporters against Bramall and Watson I may well forgive him but I am beginning to doubt it.
DW and TB didn't help get us out of l2. JR did it on his own and the first season in l1 i think, maybe 2nd season as well. DW and TB came in the season before we went up i think. JR knew he couldn't do it on is own as he didn't have the money and thought these 2 would put more money in.

And when they did come on board JR spent their money as though it was his own which caused the rift.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #247 on May 31, 2014, 10:59:34 am by MachoMadness »
Oh boy, one of these threads.

Can we please have a more worthwhile thread, like "What's everyone's opinion of Willie McKay?" or something?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #248 on May 31, 2014, 11:00:18 am by BigColSutherland »

League 2? Really?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #249 on May 31, 2014, 11:00:37 am by bpoolrover »
I'm not sure jr spent there money they are business men they can think for themselves

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #250 on May 31, 2014, 11:01:52 am by BigColSutherland »
November 2006 is when DW and TB joined the Board.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #251 on May 31, 2014, 11:07:20 am by Sprotyrover »
Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread already , but didn't Dick Watson have major heart surgery less than a moth ago.
Maybe he wants out now to concentrate on his well being.  :unsure:
Yes and it makes me believe that they are selling the club the reason for this thinking is that if TB and DW wanted LT on the board they would either sell or give him a proportion of shares which would be commensurate to the amount of money He would put into the club on an annual basis.

The club have announced they are negotiating this morning,JR and LT haven't got the financial muscle to develop the club, I have heard that the rest of One Direction are also involved.

If that's the case I advice all of you hold outs to get a Season ticket!

The income from a clever Merchandising strategy will be worth millions, ie 80,000 teenage girls in a stadium wearing rovers shirts with band members names on and all waving rovers scarves with the logo Rovers only going in One Direction!
 :woot: :woot: :rtid:

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #252 on May 31, 2014, 11:13:17 am by BigColSutherland »
Probably because of the paper talk, there's become a bit of an acceptance that this is JR and LT, with maybe SC.

I can tell you that there's more people, with money, involved in this.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #253 on May 31, 2014, 11:28:58 am by StocktonRover »
Bcs - if as you say you can tell us there are more people, with money involved, then do it!

All this pretense that people are in the know - they should either put up or shut up.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #254 on May 31, 2014, 11:34:41 am by BigColSutherland »
Ok Stockton, no problem at all...

...there are more people, with money involved.

Happy now?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #256 on May 31, 2014, 11:37:11 am by StocktonRover »
Just as I expected  - f**k all substance.
No doubt you will need to keep it to yourself to protect your source.......

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #257 on May 31, 2014, 11:42:15 am by BigColSutherland »
Just as I expected  - f*** all substance.

No doubt you're right, it's not that preposterous an idea is it?

All I can say is there's more to this deal than just Tomlinson. That should be somewhat reassuring.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #258 on May 31, 2014, 11:44:45 am by Filo »
It can only be reassuring if you know the details, so whilst it may be reassuring to you the rest of us that know nothing reserve the right to remain cautious

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #259 on May 31, 2014, 11:52:16 am by River Don »
Just as I expected  - f*** all substance.

No doubt you're right, it's not that preposterous an idea is it?

All I can say is there's more to this deal than just Tomlinson. That should be somewhat reassuring.

Well, if it's reassuring enough then there's nothing to stop it going ahead and we can look forward to the next part of the roller coaster ride that is supporting Donny Rovers.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #260 on May 31, 2014, 12:03:45 pm by the vicar »

if it was not for JR you would not have a club at all

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #261 on May 31, 2014, 12:09:49 pm by BigColSutherland »
There are more people than LT involved.

If you choose to believe that - and that is up to you - then you can start ignoring Bob's inane ramblings about lifeboats, megalomania and whatever else his fractious little mind has decided to spew out.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #262 on May 31, 2014, 12:24:41 pm by bobjimwilly »
I don't know about everyone else, but IMO there's nothing more reassuring than an internet forum poster, posting anonymously, telling everyone it's going to be ok...

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #263 on May 31, 2014, 12:26:26 pm by BobG »
It's just a shame, Col, that you won't have the capacity to think about matters isn't it? If you did, you'd soon enough work out what I meant by the Lifeboat. It's relevant. Did you spot the capital letter? It was deliberate. It's a clue. Go on. Think about it for a bit. You might come to a conclusion which is instructive as well as illuminating.

I too hope there are more people behind this than simply Louis Tomlinson. Trusting the future of a football club that wants to get into the Premiership  to the loyalties of people who support a boy band doesn't strike me as being even a teeny bit sensible. Just how long is that income stream going to last for?

BobG

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #264 on May 31, 2014, 12:26:42 pm by The Red Baron »
Especially when he can't, or won't, tell you why he thinks everything will be OK.   :s

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #265 on May 31, 2014, 12:29:02 pm by BigColSutherland »
I've not said it's going to be ok. I've just sought to play down some of the false insinuations been thrown around be some of the posters on here - namely that JR is not leading anyone astray.

It's up to you what you want to believe BJW. But seen as you're so pro TB/DW, to the point where you've said they bankrolled our promotion from a division we've never actually played in, two years before they even joined the board, then I don't expect to get far with you.

Other posters however may see it differently.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #266 on May 31, 2014, 12:32:31 pm by BigColSutherland »
It's just a shame, Col, that you won't have the capacity to think about matters isn't it? If you did, you'd soon enough work out what I meant by the Lifeboat. It's relevant. Did you spot the capital letter? It was deliberate. It's a clue. Go on. Think about it for a bit. You might come to a conclusion which is instructive as well as illuminating.

I too hope there are more people behind this than simply Louis Tomlinson. Trusting the future of a football club that wants to get into the Premiership  to the loyalties of people who support a boy band doesn't strike me as being even a teeny bit sensible. Just how long is that income stream going to last for?

BobG

Bob - if someone doesn't share your view it doesn't mean they don't have the capacity to think something through. It means they have a different perspective. Unfortunately you are not presently in possession of all the facts. This has lead you to churn out some misguided hypothetical scenario, where you've shook your head at the 'shameless' actions of a man who has done more for this club than most.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #267 on May 31, 2014, 12:35:58 pm by River Don »
Shouldn't we just wait until there is a decision?

If the deal does go ahead, then I will back the new regime.

If TB and DW decide against it, I will back their judgement again. At that point the message boards and twitteratti can really get started...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #268 on May 31, 2014, 12:42:37 pm by GazLaz »
Do you know the names of the others involved BigCol or are you making an educated guess?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #269 on May 31, 2014, 12:52:37 pm by BigColSutherland »
Do you know the names of the others involved BigCol or are you making an educated guess?

I've been told names GazLaz, and they appear to be the same names Sad Rovers has heard.

Now, we could both be the victims of a prankster, but I heard the LT stuff a few days ago, in conjunction with the other names. LT is the only one that's come out in the press so far, but it has given some credibility to my source.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012