Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 05:14:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Takeover bid from  (Read 78462 times)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Re: Takeover bid from
« Reply #270 on May 31, 2014, 12:57:14 pm by Alickismyhero »
RD,

If only we could wait for the full facts to come out to make an informed judgement.

The way I see it the propaganda has started. Why do you think Ryan and his team of supporters have leaked it to the SUN?

The objective is to set the majority of supporters against Bramall and Watson in the build up to the TO with dreams of incredible amounts of money being pumped in and the PL in our sights! The same format as the last attempt.

If that wasn't the case then don't you think this could have been discussed and settled behind closed doors!

The reason that I have expressed my concern is that I can't allow it to be a one sided debate.

Bramall is a hard and intelligent man who is more than a match for Ryan but we should all bear in mind that no man, and that includes Bramall and Ryan, is bigger than this club, the future existence is more important than short term gain, just look at Leeds.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #271 on May 31, 2014, 01:09:03 pm by River Don »
RD,

If only we could wait for the full facts to come out to make an informed judgement.

The way I see it the propaganda has started. Why do you think Ryan and his team of supporters have leaked it to the SUN?

The objective is to set the majority of supporters against Bramall and Watson in the build up to the TO with dreams of incredible amounts of money being pumped in and the PL in our sights! The same format as the last attempt.

If that wasn't the case then don't you think this could have been discussed and settled behind closed doors!

The reason that I have expressed my concern is that I can't allow it to be a one sided debate.

Bramall is a hard and intelligent man who is more than a match for Ryan but we should all bear in mind that no man, and that includes Bramall and Ryan, is bigger than this club, the future existence is more important than short term gain, just look at Leeds.

That's probably true but I think TB and DW are objective enough not to be swayed by newspaper stories and the clamour from social media. I trust them to look at the offer on it's merits, just like they did before.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #272 on May 31, 2014, 01:13:04 pm by Wellred »
RD,

That's probably true but I think TB and DW are objective enough not to be swayed by newspaper stories and the clamour from social media. I trust them to look at the offer on it's merits, just like they did before.

You mean if the offer is high enough?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #273 on May 31, 2014, 01:36:57 pm by River Don »
WR

No I don't believe their motivation is greed.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #274 on May 31, 2014, 01:38:33 pm by RedJ »
Do you know the names of the others involved BigCol or are you making an educated guess?

I've been told names GazLaz, and they appear to be the same names Sad Rovers has heard.

Now, we could both be the victims of a prankster, but I heard the LT stuff a few days ago, in conjunction with the other names. LT is the only one that's come out in the press so far, but it has given some credibility to my source.

Must've missed that. Mind, always thought he was a bit effeminate. :laugh: :chair:

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #275 on May 31, 2014, 02:11:14 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Why do you think Ryan and his team of supporters have leaked it to the SUN?

What makes you think it's the JR camp that's leaked? It may have escaped your attention but this is the worst possible moment for the LT news to come out, what with "splifgate".

DRFC leaks like a seive, I dare say this has been leaked by someone inside the club who fears for their job should the take over happen.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #276 on May 31, 2014, 02:26:38 pm by Filo »

What makes you think it's the JR camp that's leaked? It may have escaped your attention but this is the worst possible moment for the LT news to come out, what with "splifgate".

DRFC leaks like a seive, I dare say this has been leaked by someone inside the club who fears for their job should the take over happen.

Or maybe it could have been someone inside the club who fears for their job should it not happen i.e. a previous leaker?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #277 on May 31, 2014, 02:31:21 pm by Lipsy »
Maybe it's an all-new leaker? A sneaky-leaker, leaking because he/she needed a leak?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #278 on May 31, 2014, 02:33:35 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Or maybe it could have been someone inside the club who fears for their job should it not happen i.e. a previous leaker?

The conspiracy theories are ENDLESS.

Unless your theory is that an evil JR is taking advantage of a impressionable DRFC supporting pop star, that's the ravings of a madman TBH.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #279 on May 31, 2014, 02:37:03 pm by BobG »
A leaker in need of a lifeboat?

Lol!!

BobG

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #280 on May 31, 2014, 02:42:09 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Wibble potato chop sticks! Vegetable picture frame cake!

Lol!!

BobG

:huh:

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #281 on May 31, 2014, 02:42:37 pm by MachoMadness »
This thread now makes me want to wee for some reason.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #282 on May 31, 2014, 02:49:53 pm by Not Now Kato »
Just as I expected  - f*** all substance.
No doubt you will need to keep it to yourself to protect your source.......

No doubt you're right, it's not that preposterous an idea is it?

All I can say is there's more to this deal than just Tomlinson. That should be somewhat reassuring.

There's nowt like saying the bleedin obvious!  Of course there's someone else.  JR and LT haven't got enough brass between them so there HAS to be someone else or there wouldn't have been a bid ffs!

That there IS someone else ISN'T reassuring at all, it's just a statement of the bloody obvious.   :evil:

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #283 on May 31, 2014, 02:50:36 pm by Lipsy »
I have no idea what you mean, MM.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #284 on May 31, 2014, 02:50:47 pm by Filo »

The conspiracy theories are ENDLESS.

Unless your theory is that an evil JR is taking advantage of a impressionable DRFC supporting pop star, that's the ravings of a madman TBH.
Not a madman, more a deep thinker. How come The Sun seems to be the first rag to break this kind of news in DRFC's take over saga's? ;)

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #285 on May 31, 2014, 02:54:30 pm by streatham dave »
Talking of leaks. I don't think one direction are a flash in the pan. Now I'm not saying that they are anywhere near as good as the Beatles but in terms of popularity Worldwide they are perhaps the biggest 'boy band' to have come out of England since.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #286 on May 31, 2014, 02:56:51 pm by eastender »
One question , would JR want to jump into bed with somebody (SC) who was ready to stab him in the back.... if what Terry Bramall said is true.

These quotes are taken from an article written in Jan 14 when TB was talking about DB becoming Chairman.

“When Dick, David and I worked at Keepmoat, David was our ace negotiator and acted on behalf of Dick and myself,” added Bramall.

“So we’ve always had full confidence in him to look after our interests, which is why we nominated David to go and speak with Sequentia Capital.

“During those negotiations Sequentia actually told David that they didn’t want John Ryan. There’s a witness to that here on the top table.

“David said ‘if it helps you I will stand in as chairman for an interim time’. That’s when chairmanship was mentioned.”

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #287 on May 31, 2014, 03:00:04 pm by Lipsy »
Didn't Radio Sheff suggest that they'd heard about it "earlier" (whatever "earlier" means or implies - earlier that day, before it broke in The Sun, etc etc)?

Arguably, post "spliffgate" was perfect timing for the leak to get it on the front page of The Sun... A day after it all, and all that. All PR is good PR, etc... Would it have made front page if LT hadn't been found out to be a naughty little boy (allegedly - I only know fragments about the whole 'rich little pop stars and spliff' story, tbh)? Arguably not...

I don't want to add to the conspiracy theories, but I think whoever leaked it to The Sun got it spot-on, whatever their purpose (presumably those looking to take over the club, I would suggest).

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #288 on May 31, 2014, 03:02:28 pm by Lipsy »
Talking of leaks. I don't think one direction are a flash in the pan. Now I'm not saying that they are anywhere near as good as the Beatles but in terms of popularity Worldwide they are perhaps the biggest 'boy band' to have come out of England since.

Like it or not, it's a masterstroke in terms of PR for the club. Whether the deal goes through or not, give the boy a role in the club and you'd get bums on seats for every game he attended... They might be kids, but them's the future - and cash coming into the club is still cash, innit?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #289 on May 31, 2014, 03:06:27 pm by RobTheRover »
Indeed it is,  Lipsy. Indeed it is.

And the link to The Sun doesn't take too much joining of dots to find.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #290 on May 31, 2014, 03:08:17 pm by Lipsy »
And there was me thinking I could give up my day job and become Sherlock... Bugger.  :)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #291 on May 31, 2014, 03:19:15 pm by RobTheRover »
Never mind that,  look what I've just found in the shed!

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #292 on May 31, 2014, 03:21:11 pm by Sad-Rovers »

I always had you down as more the MacBusted sort TBH.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #293 on May 31, 2014, 03:22:10 pm by River Don »

It's a bit of a stretch to call the Beatles a boy band.

To me a boy band is a line up of singer/ dancers. The Beatles were certainly an influence on the evolution of the boy band, directly inspiring the Monkees but for me it isn't really until we get to the 1980s when we see the classic boy band Formula. Young male vocal groups, highly choreographed dance routines, professional stylists, professional songwriting/production teams.

Take That remain the UKs most successful product but I do think 1D seem to have reached a wider international audience. Since LT and then other guy have started writing their own material now too, I reckon there is a chance they can develop a longer lived career than is normal, like TT.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #294 on May 31, 2014, 03:25:12 pm by PDX_Rover »
Birthday pressie Rob?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #295 on May 31, 2014, 03:26:00 pm by RobTheRover »

I always had you down as more the MacBusted sort TBH.

Got me in one,  Neil. Although I do know Louis' Grandad,  Len.  Lovely bloke.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #296 on May 31, 2014, 03:33:12 pm by RobTheRover »
Look what I've found in the shed now!

Could my shed be haunted by the ghost of Sherlock Holmes?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #297 on May 31, 2014, 03:39:00 pm by RobTheRover »
I only popped into the shed to get the mower out. I'm going to stop looking for books now. I'm sure there is Gary Wilmott's autobiography in here somewhere and I don't fancy him on the board.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #298 on May 31, 2014, 03:42:48 pm by Filo »
I only popped into the shed to get the mower out. I'm going to stop looking for books now. I'm sure there is Gary Wilmott's autobiography in here somewhere and I don't fancy him on the board.

You're a good lad Rob, I'm sure your wife will appreciated you getting the mower ready for her :)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #299 on May 31, 2014, 04:24:57 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
LT getting good financial advice...?

The music business is littered with people losing everything and many more having substantial amounts lifted from them in one way or another, and some are lucky. Would LT be taking financial advice from JR or his advisors? Or even from SC and their advisors? Hopefully, he is getting safe and sound advice from independant people. I like the lad and think he would be a good influence on the club so long as he isn't planning on sitting in someone elses pocket.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012