Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 08:44:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Takeover bid from  (Read 78441 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: Takeover bid from
« Reply #330 on June 03, 2014, 10:27:59 am by wing commander »
Your probably right Sad,and its interesting that you say the trust members will be a surprise...However whoever concludes this deal now is not guaranteed to be the owners in a years time..I still suspect a irish stalking horse...The only positive is that its going to be concluded quickly which is important whatever side of the fence we sit....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #331 on June 03, 2014, 10:30:07 am by Dagenham Rover »
I think you're wrong WC. I think that the decision has already been made and we're now in the T crossing and I dotting stage.

I'd like to think that JR has learnt his lesson after last summers debacle, here's hopping because even I'll have trouble keeping the faith if we have a re-run of last time.

Thats my opinion as well although I've nothing concrete to base it on

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #332 on June 03, 2014, 10:35:43 am by Sad-Rovers »
Your probably right Sad,and its interesting that you say the trust members will be a surprise

If I mentioned some of the names on here you'd all think I'd overdone the pain relief but the other bits all tie in (LT + JR, setting up a trust)

Things may well be about to take a turn for the bizarre at DRFC.  :blink:

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #333 on June 03, 2014, 10:45:39 am by Lipsy »
If the current incumbents believe that this is the best deal for the club then we could be in for some exciting/interesting times. I for one hope that this is all done and dusted as soon as practicable, whatever the outcome.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #334 on June 03, 2014, 10:56:54 am by wing commander »
Sad...Nothing suprises me at our club anymore...lol

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #335 on June 03, 2014, 02:06:18 pm by bobjimwilly »
I've got a sneaky suspicion that BCS's source is the same as Sad-Rovers' source...

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #336 on June 03, 2014, 02:17:02 pm by BigColSutherland »
I've got a sneaky suspicion that BCS's source is the same as Sad-Rovers' source...

So do I.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #337 on June 03, 2014, 04:00:06 pm by Sad-Rovers »

So do I.

We've compared notes. Looks likely.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #338 on June 03, 2014, 04:25:07 pm by bobjimwilly »
 :aok:

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #339 on June 03, 2014, 04:40:49 pm by godlike1 »
1 big question if JR and others do resume control would be what happens with the dons and club donny?

I personally think the concept is a fantastic idea and almost ground breaking if it can be developed properly esp with the sort of deals they have already announced

In addition to all this I bet season ticket sales will have dropped dramatically after what seemed a good start. If the takeover does go through then the pressure will be on to produce results quickly in order to substantiate their desires for the club 

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #340 on June 03, 2014, 05:48:54 pm by Sad-Rovers »
My understanding is JR isn't a fan of the Rugby club and wasn't in favour of its purchase.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #341 on June 03, 2014, 06:02:34 pm by Alickismyhero »
Sad,

A friend of mine has just emailed me quoting exactly what you are saying ref Friday, the trust but not the names involved.

His contact works for the club and has proved very unreliable in the past but he is very loyal to Ryan, could the source of the information be the same person? If it is then I wouldn't expect any news on Friday.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #342 on June 03, 2014, 06:06:43 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Sad,

A friend of mine has just emailed me quoting exactly what you are saying ref Friday, the trust but not the names involved.

His contact works for the club and has proved very unreliable in the past but he is very loyal to Ryan, could the source of the information be the same person? If it is then I wouldn't expect any news on Friday.

My source doesn't work for the club so if that info is now coming from two separate I'd imagine that gives it some veracity.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #343 on June 03, 2014, 06:08:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Sad,

My source doesn't work for the club so if that info is now coming from two separate I'd imagine that gives it some veracity.

Unless your source has also been fed by the unreliable siource at the club...?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #344 on June 03, 2014, 06:10:34 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Sad,

Unless your source has also been fed by the unreliable siource at the club...?

Quite possibly but then he was right about this bid being a trust lead by JR / LT (which, at the time, I thought sounded like utter b*llocks) so he's got a 100% success rate so far...

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #345 on June 03, 2014, 07:02:02 pm by Alickismyhero »
Sad,

I wouldn't expect you to out him, I certain wouldn't.

At this stage I think it is the same person but perhaps he is at a higher level in the chain.

Roll on Friday

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #346 on June 03, 2014, 07:05:36 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Sad,

I wouldn't expect you to out him, I certain wouldn't.

At this stage I think it is the same person but perhaps he is at a higher level in the chain.

Roll on Friday

I'm fairly sure it isn't but without outing him there's not much more I can say.

Roll on Friday indeed, either deal done or not, as long as it doesn't impact on the squad like it did last season.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #347 on June 03, 2014, 07:08:13 pm by Nudga »
In your honest opinion SAD and BCS, would this takeover be a good thing for us and DRFC?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #348 on June 03, 2014, 07:15:28 pm by BigColSutherland »
In your honest opinion SAD and BCS, would this takeover be a good thing for us and DRFC?
If the names I've heard are involved are true then it's a very subjective matter.

If you take your football very seriously, and consider yourself a traditionalist and you worry about things you can't control then you may not like it.

If you see football for what it is, a game, then the names involved should interest you and could make the next few years very entertaining.

Based on what I've heard It really is a matter of perspective I suppose. Plus,  I'm not entirely clear if there's a Sequentia angle to this.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #349 on June 03, 2014, 07:20:02 pm by Nudga »
Thanks for that. What camp do you sit in based on the knowledge you have?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #350 on June 03, 2014, 07:23:55 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I'll second what BCS has said. If you're the sort of person that thinks LT will make the club a laughing stock prepare for the worst, if you've got an open mind then prepare for quite an exciting few years.

As I've said before, the names I've heard are so left field that I questioned whether my source had actually been on the sauce... but his other info has been 100%, either I'm subject to a cracking prank (mixing in odd info with genuine) or some VERY intresting stuff is about to happen at DRFC

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #351 on June 03, 2014, 07:24:39 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Pro takeover.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #352 on June 03, 2014, 07:26:18 pm by Alickismyhero »
I am sure the result will be leaked to the Beano on Thursday.

I am against the TO until I know Bramall and Watsons view.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #353 on June 03, 2014, 07:28:56 pm by Wellred »

Why not have an open mind?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #354 on June 03, 2014, 07:31:57 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Waiting to be told what to think?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #355 on June 03, 2014, 07:47:38 pm by Alickismyhero »
Sad,
That is exactly right.

A little like you listening to the, as of yet, unsubstantiated rumour! With the exception that I can reveal who I trust and you can't

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #356 on June 03, 2014, 07:50:54 pm by Sad-Rovers »
With the exception that I can reveal who I trust and you can't

I gave my word that I'd keep schtum.  :(

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #357 on June 03, 2014, 07:53:06 pm by IDM »
But then you can't blame any of us for being skeptical when we are not party (yet) to the same information?

Being open minded about such a TO does not mean for it, and neither does not coming out in support of it mean I'm against it.  I wait to hear further developments, with caution.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #358 on June 03, 2014, 07:55:24 pm by Alickismyhero »

Why not have an open mind?

Just because I would like to know what Terry and Dicks views are it does not mean I do not have an open mind it means I want to know both sides and make an inform judgement. I will not  follow anyone blindly.

Sad,

I perfectly understand your position.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #359 on June 03, 2014, 07:56:07 pm by BigColSutherland »

Based on what I've heard, I'd have to say I was pro takeover Nudga. Purely because it'd liven things up a bit.

It could of course go horribly wrong, but then, of late, I don't think I take football as seriously as some seem to do.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012