Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 01:57:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Takeover bid from  (Read 78561 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Takeover bid from
« Reply #150 on May 30, 2014, 03:26:42 pm by mushRTID »

Liam Hoden ‏@liamhodenDFP  47s
Rovers confirm they 'have been approached and dialogue has taken place with external parties about a proposed takeover' #drfc

Somebody must know something. Is this SC again?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyguy61

« Reply #151 on May 30, 2014, 03:26:55 pm by donnyguy61 »
Rovers statement: "At this stage the club is not in a position to comment further about the level and detail of those discussions but will do so as soon as it is legally possible. The owners are looking to ensure a swift resolution to the discussions to ensure this does not impact adversely on the summer transfer activity." "Any decision made by current owners will focus on for what is best for Doncaster Rovers both short and long term. From Liam Hoden

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on May 30, 2014, 03:27:30 pm by Sad-Rovers »
How's that humble pie tasting, Glynn?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on May 30, 2014, 03:35:25 pm by steve@dcfd »
What happens if SC are involved with season ticket holders who would not want to be still a supporter.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on May 30, 2014, 03:36:58 pm by RJHeader »
What happens if SC are involved with season ticket holders who would not want to be still a supporter.

I should expect they'd be told to stop being so ridiculous and grow up.

Something like that anyway

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on May 30, 2014, 03:39:43 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I didn't know we sold season tickets for the board room...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on May 30, 2014, 03:41:04 pm by Filo »
I reckon there has to be some one behind this, a boyband has only a limited time to generate income before they become has beens, we know JR has limited clout to take us to the next level. This just smacks of SC trying all over again, they must be desperate to get that golden egg that DRFC are sitting on if it is them

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on May 30, 2014, 03:42:14 pm by IDM »

Why would that make a difference to ST holders?  Surely ST holders are much more attached to the club than a casual supporter who may be put off by such a takeover?

I am a ST holder for next season.  I was very dubious about SC last season, and still would be now if the details about who they are and what they wanted are sketchy.

Wouldn't stop me supporting the team as a protest though, unless the situation went downhill drastically.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on May 30, 2014, 03:42:52 pm by Wild Rover »

So, do we assume SC is a partner? . Probably. Difference is this time its not just money from them.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:48:32 pm by Wild Rover »

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on May 30, 2014, 03:44:45 pm by BigColSutherland »

Not his day is it.

If you read this Glyn, thanks for proving me right.

Oh, and pay up. You've had long enough to honour your 'pledge'.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on May 30, 2014, 04:01:02 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Perhaps he's too busy watching CSI or reading Douglas Adams books to pay his pledge...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:07:59 pm by Sad-Rovers »

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on May 30, 2014, 04:04:11 pm by DearneValleyRover »
So it is interfering with transfers and timed to do so. How is this in the best interest of the Club? Could an approach not have been made at the end of the season?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on May 30, 2014, 04:06:24 pm by Wellred »
So it is interfering with transfers and timed to do so. How is this in the best interest of the Club? Could an approach not have been made at the end of the season?

Isn't this the end of the season? or have I missed something.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on May 30, 2014, 04:07:28 pm by Wild Rover »
Probably was DVR, just , as seems to be the case with DRFC, initial talks .

DonnyRed1992

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on May 30, 2014, 04:09:12 pm by DonnyRed1992 »
Genuinely thought that this was a p*ss take at first but if it happens god help us

The last thing we need after relegation is more internal strife and turmoil 

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on May 30, 2014, 04:09:29 pm by Boomstick »
How the hell is it timed to interfere with transfers?! it's pre season, the best time to launch a takeover. Would you prefer it done during the season?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on May 30, 2014, 04:11:39 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Isn't this the end of the season? or have I missed something.

I'm sure that your well aware of what I mean. I will put it another way, why now after the Transfer budget meeting and not after the final whistle against Leicester before our manager would have been approaching players, it's on hold now so potential targets may well end up at other clubs. This does no good for the club.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on May 30, 2014, 04:12:56 pm by IDM »
I think what DVR means is that - whether deliberate or not - with any new takeover uncertainties, that may affect what PD wants to do/can do in the transfer market, or in negotiations, just in the coming days.  Had this all been done and dusted before May, PD would have his direction (no pun intended) for close season already in place.

I stand to be corrected.

Edit - DVR beat me to it...

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on May 30, 2014, 04:13:11 pm by Wild Rover »
Genuinely thought that this was a p*ss take at first but if it happens god help us

The last thing we need after relegation is more internal strife and turmoil 

There is no internal strife and turmoil this time round. JR outside looking in. Not inside looking every which way.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on May 30, 2014, 04:13:55 pm by Lipsy »
This now very much looks like what I'd feared: a turd dressed up in sheep's clothing. Gawd help us... I'm expecting to hear about £5m to spend on non-specific things and a Sherbet Dib Dab. Frankly, if it's the same shite as before, it shouldn't take long before we hear 'It's a no from us'. *crosses fingers*

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on May 30, 2014, 04:14:31 pm by DearneValleyRover »
How the hell is it timed to interfere with transfers?! it's pre season, the best time to launch a takeover. Would you prefer it done during the season?

As my response to Wellred, PD has just been given the green light by the board to Pursue his targets that is now on hold while other Clubs are putting deals in place so yes it is interfering

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on May 30, 2014, 04:18:55 pm by RedJ »
This now very much looks like what I'd feared: a turd dressed up in sheep's clothing. Gawd help us... I'm expecting to hear about £5m to spend on non-specific things and a Sherbet Dib Dab. Frankly, if it's the same shite as before, it shouldn't take long before we hear 'It's a no from us'. *crosses fingers*

Ooh do we get this with our season ticket?

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on May 30, 2014, 04:22:11 pm by elmsallrover »
Groundhog day......

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on May 30, 2014, 04:31:18 pm by Boomstick »

As my response to Wellred, PD has just been given the green light by the board to Pursue his targets that is now on hold while other Clubs are putting deals in place so yes it is interfering
They are in advanced talks, I'm sure it's taken a while to get where they are now.
I imagine they approached the board after the leicester game.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on May 30, 2014, 05:35:17 pm by The Red Baron »
Let us hope that whatever the outcome is that the whole thing is sorted out quickly.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on May 30, 2014, 05:53:04 pm by aidanstu »
Another summer of uncertainty looms as a result of jr. He built the club and it would appear he is intent on knocking it back down. I would which Los mouthed sod let this one out of the bag. I'm guessing it's the usual suspect.

What do you base that utterly outrageous comment on? Fool

Which bit? The fact that yet again somebody involved in a jr deal has let the cat out the bag before anything is actually sorted? Or the fact that jr has caused yet another preseason if uncertainty. For the record I blame jr and his antics personally for the relegation last year. Without it we could of assembled a squad a lot earlier. His actions, particularly at Barnsley were designed to do one thing; destablalise the club. It's not me who is the fool and if you believe sc and the hedge fund are not in the background of this detail it's you who is the fool. Time will tell.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on May 30, 2014, 06:03:41 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

What humble pie? I was commenting on you proclaiming that it was already a done deal according to you and 'your sources' - yet since then, even within this very thread, you've revised that to 'I hope DRFC decide one way or the other ASAP'. So much for it being a 'done deal', eh?

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on May 30, 2014, 06:07:34 pm by godlike1 »
Another summer of uncertainty looms as a result of jr. He built the club and it would appear he is intent on knocking it back down. I would which Los mouthed sod let this one out of the bag. I'm guessing it's the usual suspect.

What do you base that utterly outrageous comment on? Fool

Which bit? The fact that yet again somebody involved in a jr deal has let the cat out the bag before anything is actually sorted? Or the fact that jr has caused yet another preseason if uncertainty. For the record I blame jr and his antics personally for the relegation last year. Without it we could of assembled a squad a lot earlier. His actions, particularly at Barnsley were designed to do one thing; destablalise the club. It's not me who is the fool and if you believe sc and the hedge fund are not in the background of this detail it's you who is the fool. Time will tell.

The big question to all of this, esp if SC are involved, but not just them is what are they wanting out of the deal.

I think we would all know what JR would want, but................everyone else???????

At least we know how TB & DW flow even if they are quiet about how they do it

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #179 on May 30, 2014, 06:14:32 pm by StocktonRover »
If JR is involved in this or any takeover in any way then it's a no from me.

Sad to say but he has blotted his copybook and is inextricably linked to SC.

I trust the current board to look after the long term interests of our club.

By the way - is it pure coincidence that certain posters claiming to have 'inside knowledge' who skulked away with their tail between their legs have re-appeared?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012