Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 08:38:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Takeover bid from  (Read 78517 times)

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
Re: Takeover bid from
« Reply #210 on May 30, 2014, 08:46:50 pm by nice one rovers »
I think its more of a case of Phelan glad all over.

Not a man known for his Phelanthropy.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #211 on May 30, 2014, 08:55:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He's not renowned for his website construction either, www.scbullshit.com

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on May 31, 2014, 12:02:16 am by BobG »
Another summer of uncertainty looms as a result of jr. He built the club and it would appear he is intent on knocking it back down. I would which Los mouthed sod let this one out of the bag. I'm guessing it's the usual suspect.

What do you base that utterly outrageous comment on? Fool

Actually RJ, Stu has a point.Somebody, somewhere, has leaked all this. It could be anybody, but the one person we are aware of with a history of arranging serial leaking is JR. It may not be him, but from what we know so far, he's by far the obvious suspect. And perhaps you've not considered the impact that this affair is going to have on the club irrespective of who comes out on top? It won't be helpful will it? And that is all too consistent with what has gone before too. Or the impact on a kid who looks like he's being invited to chuck hundreds of millions of pounds at supporting JR's dream.  We all know that the Premiership costs that and more. The kid may want to buy the club - but for someone of experience to encourage him and spend his money for him? That's shameful in my eyes.

So there's more than one point of view RJ. Have you thought about the roles that megalomania and naivity could be playing in this story?

BobG

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on May 31, 2014, 12:03:51 am by BigColSutherland »
What about the role of assumption.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #214 on May 31, 2014, 12:07:11 am by Sad-Rovers »
I'm fairly sure that LT will be surrounded by savvy financial advisers Bob. To suggest that JR is somehow taking advantage of him is truly shameful.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #215 on May 31, 2014, 12:09:00 am by Sad-Rovers »
anyway, how do you know the leak didn't come from one of the many DRFC employees that are now nervously eyeing jobsite.co.uk?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #216 on May 31, 2014, 12:27:25 am by BobG »
I don't Sad. I tried to make it clear: I looked at track records. They could be wrong - as I suggested. But I do disagree with Henry Ford. History can sometimes tell us quite a lot.  We shall find out as the days pass whether or not it can do so this time.

But I do think JR spending vast amounts of a kids money in support of JR's dream is shameful. Irrespective of whether or not the kid wants to do it, he needs protecting from himself - as events only this week have clearly shown already. Maybe I'm wrong. We will never know. But this is not something I would ever have contemplated doing for even one moment.

BobG

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on May 31, 2014, 12:31:29 am by Sad-Rovers »
To suggest that LT doesn't have any financial sense does him a disservice, to suggest that JR is taking advantage of him does YOU a disservice. I'm disappointed in you.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on May 31, 2014, 12:37:03 am by dknward2 »
Yippee more threads that can de-send into point scoring and arguments

If this goes though it needs to be done quick if not then end it asap so dickov can get his squad ready for pre season

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #219 on May 31, 2014, 12:40:00 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Jesus wept. I used to be hectored like this by a fire and brimstone Ulster Catholic priest every Sunday morning. He'd stand there at the pulpit all florid and choleric, pointing a finger at us and shouting, "God is disappointed by your behaviour".

You've missed your vocation Mirsad.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #220 on May 31, 2014, 12:43:11 am by BobG »
Tbh Sad, I don't give a fig who you are disappointed in, or why. I take the trouble to explain the reason for suggestions I put forwards. You seem unable to do anything but throw cheap darts seeking to score points. You seem to be the disappointment in the life and purpose of this forum.

BobG

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #221 on May 31, 2014, 12:54:39 am by BobG »
Wonder if the Lifeboat is going to put to sea again any day now?

Cheers

BobG

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #222 on May 31, 2014, 12:59:33 am by Sad-Rovers »
Tbh Sad, I don't give a fig who you are disappointed in, or why. I take the trouble to explain the reason for suggestions I put forwards. You seem unable to do anything but throw cheap darts seeking to score points. You seem to be the disappointment in the life and purpose of this forum.

BobG

And I thank you for taking the time to explain why you think the man who single handledly saved this club when we were worthless, moved us to a brand new stadium and, for the most part, financed us from his own pocket would feel the need to take advantage of a young man with heaps of managers and advisers paid specifically to prevent him from being taken advantage of. Says more about your state of mind than mine.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #223 on May 31, 2014, 01:23:09 am by bpoolrover »
To be fair bob while I agree with most of your posts there is no chance jr will be taking advantage of him and in my opinion it's a bit if a cheap shot

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #224 on May 31, 2014, 01:36:48 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
The truth is out there folks. JR is a spent force and has been for sometime. He can't let go and he can't live with the notion of the club succeding without him.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #225 on May 31, 2014, 01:48:08 am by BobG »
I'm not sure it's true either Blackpool. How could I be? But it is a possibility. And the thought of it leaves me cold. What worries me is what we do know already: that JR is desperate to get back; that he has nowhere near enough money to do it on his own;  that his ambition sometimes outweighs his judgement; that he went out of his way to upset the applecart not long ago, and, that his personal ambition is everything. The continued use and defence of SC despite its obvious dangers told us everything we ever needed to know on that score.

So yes. I don't know what I suggested. But I do think there are damn good grounds for suspecting it.

BobG

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on May 31, 2014, 01:58:42 am by albie »
If LT wants to put some of his money into his home town club, then it should be welcome.

The best context for that would be alongside the current owners, not instead of. LT does not have the business background and experience without support from TB and DW, who have the knowledge he will not yet have.

The big worry is who else is in for a slice. Previous takeover bids have not looked to secure the stability and long term interest of DRFC, with the suggestion of ulterior motives. LT by himself fine....with a hedge fund in tow, a different proposition altogether.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #227 on May 31, 2014, 02:01:44 am by BobG »
An interesting response Sad. It manages to illustrate my point all too perfectly doesn't it? You clearly cannot formulate reasoned and logical argument of your own. All you can do is abuse others who can. You are one sad chap Sad.

BobG

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #228 on May 31, 2014, 02:47:55 am by bpoolrover »
Bob it is highly unlikely thou

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #229 on May 31, 2014, 03:31:48 am by Viking Don »
Seems the current owners want shut, whichever way you look at it. Wonder why, maybe they aren't the great saviors afterall and have just been hanging on for the best deal for them? They sure don't need the cash so could have just said no if they wanted.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #230 on May 31, 2014, 07:07:52 am by nice one rovers »
Wonder if the Lifeboat is going to put to sea again any day now?

Cheers

BobG

:saywhat:   Help me please.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #231 on May 31, 2014, 07:20:30 am by the vicar »
The truth is out there folks. JR is a spent force and has been for sometime. He can't let go and he can't live with the notion of the club succeding without him.
you call relegation  succeding weell i never

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #232 on May 31, 2014, 07:50:49 am by PDX_Rover »
Ah impressionable youths eh?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #233 on May 31, 2014, 08:15:43 am by idler »
you call relegation  succeding weell i never
We came a lot nearer to staying up than the last time when JR was here.
We also looked a far better side.
JR worked miracles for the club as we all know but I personally think that he wants to stay and be the figurehead/mouthpiece of the club and the only way that he can afford this is in tandem with someone else.
In my opinion he seems willing to gamble too much to achieve this end.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #234 on May 31, 2014, 08:16:35 am by River Don »
Seems the current owners want shut, whichever way you look at it. Wonder why, maybe they aren't the great saviors afterall and have just been hanging on for the best deal for them? They sure don't need the cash so could have just said no if they wanted.

Hang on, just because they're always prepared to examine JRs offers doesn't mean they 'want shut'.

They have always been consistent in saying they will do what they feel is best for the club. As you so rightly point out, they sure don't need the cash.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 08:38:59 am by River Don »

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on May 31, 2014, 08:23:51 am by graingrover »
LT as major shareholder with TB in support and JR as honorary Chairman would probably be the best ticket but that assumes that the antagonisms of the last fiasco did not leave an unbridegeable rift betwee the two .

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #236 on May 31, 2014, 08:46:30 am by the vicar »
but that is not going to happen is it i dont think JR and tb will ever see eye to eye ever again im not against what tb has tried to do but we do owe JR for all he has done for us all as a club and we should never slag him off cos of it

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #237 on May 31, 2014, 08:58:37 am by bobjimwilly »
but that is not going to happen is it i dont think JR and tb will ever see eye to eye ever again im not against what tb has tried to do but we do owe JR for all he has done for us all as a club and we should never slag him off cos of it

We should also never forget how TB and DW provided the essential finance to get promoted from Lg2 and Lg1. But most people are.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #238 on May 31, 2014, 09:28:46 am by Alickismyhero »
The way I see this TO is with suspicion. We don't know the facts so its silly to jump to conclusions.

“Because the board have not dismissed the TO they want out”

This is complete rubbish they are obliged to check it out because it may in fact be a good deal for the club. I want the board to check it out and I have the confidence they will effectively.

Personally I want to know the ins and outs of it.

It appears that it is Ryan and LT but could it be that SC are in the background?

Do I trust SC?.....NO.     

Do I trust JR now he admits his lies about the sale of his shares? …..NO

Do I trust LT?.... NOT YET he is young inexperienced and probably being manipulated.

We have a club that is well run with a hard man at the top. If its a bad deal TB will send them packing.

Vicar you say we should not slag JR off! well, when he apologises for the lies he spouted to get his way and turn the supporters against Bramall and Watson I may well forgive him but I am beginning to doubt it.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #239 on May 31, 2014, 09:55:31 am by weststander »

We should also never forget how TB and DW provided the essential finance to get promoted from Lg2 and Lg1. But most people are.

Nor should we forget last season when they supported the manager during a period of injuries. Don't think the blame for relegation lies at their door

TinyPortal © 2005-2012