Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 12:32:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Takeover bid from  (Read 78410 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: Takeover bid from
« Reply #360 on June 03, 2014, 08:00:35 pm by Wellred »
I am sure the result will be leaked to the Beano on Thursday.

I am against the TO until I know Bramall and Watsons view.

Why not have an open mind?

Just because I would like to know what Terry and Dicks views are it does not mean I do not have an open mind it means I want to know both sides and make an inform judgement. I will not  follow anyone blindly.

Sad,

I perfectly understand your position.

It seems you do not have an open mind though.
You are against the TO until you know TB and DW's views.
You do not know the views of whoever is behind the TO and yet you are pro one side and therefore against the other?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #361 on June 03, 2014, 08:03:00 pm by StocktonRover »

Just because I would like to know what Terry and Dicks views are it does not mean I do not have an open mind it means I want to know both sides and make an inform judgement. I will not  follow anyone blindly.

Sad,

You do not know the views of whoever is behind the TO and yet you are pro one side and therefore against the other?

Wellred - would you jump off a pier without checking whether the tide is in or out?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #362 on June 03, 2014, 08:05:41 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Is it not like anything though - wait and see what facts transpire?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #363 on June 03, 2014, 08:07:04 pm by Wellred »

Sad,

Wellred - would you jump off a pier without checking whether the tide is in or out?

Of course not.
But the point is and you don't seem to understand the point.

How can you be against something you don't know the details of???

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #364 on June 03, 2014, 08:11:08 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Because the detail known to most if us so far aren't that compelling to start thinking the TO would be a good idea. Better the devil you know

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #365 on June 03, 2014, 08:13:09 pm by PDX_Rover »
How can anyone be for something until you know the details, conversely. I love a good curry, but I wouldn't eat it if it had a big poo in it.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #366 on June 03, 2014, 08:14:48 pm by Sad-Rovers »
but I wouldn't eat it if it had a big poo in it.

I think you would. Skat man.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #367 on June 03, 2014, 08:15:14 pm by Wellred »
Because the detail known to most if us so far aren't that compelling to start thinking the TO would be a good idea. Better the devil you know

Would you like to enlighten those of us who don't know what exactly is the detail of the TO?
Maybe we can then make a judgement of whether it might be a good deal or not?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #368 on June 03, 2014, 08:16:51 pm by StocktonRover »

Sad,

Of course not.

well you've answered it already - you wouldn't.

No more to say really.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #369 on June 03, 2014, 08:17:03 pm by Wellred »
How can anyone be for something until you know the details, conversely. I love a good curry, but I wouldn't eat it if it had a big poo in it.

100% agree PDX
I would also say how can anyone be against something until you know the details?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #370 on June 03, 2014, 08:18:01 pm by Wellred »

Sad,

Of course not.

No more to say really.

So I take it from that you are not against the TO?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #371 on June 03, 2014, 08:20:12 pm by StocktonRover »

Sad,

Of course not.

No more to say really.

I'll phrase it this way - I am definitely not in favour of it until the details are known and can be evaluated.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #372 on June 03, 2014, 08:23:25 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I'll phrase it this way - I am definitely not in favour of it until the details are known and can be evaluated.

I would imagine by the time ANY of us know the meat of the deal the ink will be dry. I very much doubt the Club, TB or JR wants a re-run of the last abortion.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #373 on June 03, 2014, 08:24:37 pm by Wellred »

Sad,

Of course not.

No more to say really.

I think it is fair to say. You will not get a chance to evaluate it (and why should you?) You will probably know the details like the rest of us when/if it is signed or rejected.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #374 on June 03, 2014, 08:31:31 pm by StocktonRover »

Sad,

Of course not.

No more to say really.

I think it is fair to say. You will not get a chance to evaluate it (and why should you?) You will probably know the details like the rest of us when/if it is signed or rejected.
Oh well - as I'm not in the know about the details and therefore can't evaluate it,  I guess I 'll have to put my trust in Dick and Terry then.

Are we back at the start again now?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #375 on June 03, 2014, 08:33:43 pm by River Don »
There are only a couple of people who get to make the decision based on the details.

The question is do we trust them to do only what is in the best interests of the football club? I do.

I suspect if they were to decide to reject the takeover at the last minute there will be fierce outrage. Despite none of us knowing the details.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #376 on June 03, 2014, 08:37:20 pm by Alickismyhero »
WRed,

In theory I will know on Friday who is behind the TO and what they propose. The reason why I attach more importance to Terry and Dicks views is they have not let the club down and lost my trust, unlike Ryan.

You may detect a little sarcasm when it comes to my views on Ryan, this has been brought about by his lies and the fiasco at Barnsley.

I take it you will keep an open mind and listen to Terry and Dicks views with the respect they deserve before forming your opinion on the TO on Friday?

Stockton.....spot on I totally agree.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #377 on June 03, 2014, 08:38:22 pm by grayx »

I would imagine by the time ANY of us know the meat of the deal the ink will be dry. I very much doubt the Club, TB or JR wants a re-run of the last abortion.

Does your "source" imply  S.C . are in anyway involved/ behind this takeover/trust? If so, its a big NO from me. 

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #378 on June 03, 2014, 08:45:23 pm by Alickismyhero »
Grayx,

The feed back I was getting is that SC is not involved and Ryan now distances himself from them which is understandable really as they offered to ditch him to get a deal with our board.

I don't think any agreement made on the TO could block SC stepping in later thats the risk!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #379 on June 03, 2014, 08:46:55 pm by Wellred »
WRed,

In theory I will know on Friday who is behind the TO and what they propose. The reason why I attach more importance to Terry and Dicks views is they have not let the club down and lost my trust, unlike Ryan.

You may detect a little sarcasm when it comes to my views on Ryan, this has been brought about by his lies and the fiasco at Barnsley.

I take it you will keep an open mind and listen to Terry and Dicks views with the respect they deserve before forming your opinion on the TO on Friday?

Stockton.....spot on I totally agree.

Unlike some who have pinned their colours firmly against the mast of one particular side, I do have an open mind.
I cannot say what my opinion will be until I know the facts. Which incidentally I will be amazed if the whole facts are available for public consumption on Friday.
I can see absolutely no reason why anyone wanting to take over/buy out an organisation would want to divulge any facts to Jo Public before a deal was signed sealed and delivered.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #380 on June 03, 2014, 08:47:10 pm by pib »
So if Terry Bramall and Dick Watson make the decision to sell the club to JR, Tomlinson and their reported 'entourage', most on here will assume that is being done with the best interests of the club in mind, and will therefore support the new owners, even if they number among them individuals who the same people on this forum have previously been very vociferous opponents of?

Me? I'm not particularly pro-anyone in particular, but I listened to Terry Bramall's interview with BBC Sheffield when the Sequentia Capital deal was rebuffed. Reading between the lines of what he said at the time, his reasoning for not selling the club seemed to be more to do with issues surrounding the money offered for the acquisition of the club, rather than an overwhelming interest in keeping any potential 'baddies' out of the club and safeguarding its future.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #381 on June 03, 2014, 08:50:47 pm by River Don »
I remember John Ryan after the AGM saying it wasn't about the money. He didn't seem to understand why Sequentia were rejected. He only said Terry didn't think they were right for the club.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:52:55 pm by River Don »

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #382 on June 03, 2014, 08:52:38 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I 'll have to put my trust in Dick and Terry then.

The same Terry that was prepared to accept the last deal if the money was paid up front?

“I’m prepared to accept the Sequentia deal in the terms I thought we were discussing,” Bramall said.

The construction magnate admitted the main sticking point of the deal for the objectors centred around the manner of payments from the Belize-based hedge fund.

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-bramall-ready-to-accept-sequentia-takeover-bid-1-6237028

Can we put this "Best interests of DRFC" fallacy to bed please gents? If the reanimated corpse of Hitler rocked up with a suitcase full of used notes TB and DW would sell, they're businessmen with limited interest in football.

Who is the only major investor we've ever had that's 100% Rovers? Answers on a postcard please...

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #383 on June 03, 2014, 08:55:13 pm by River Don »
I also remember Terry saying the reason he wanted the money up front was he didn't believe Sequentia would be prepared to part with the money.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #384 on June 03, 2014, 08:55:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Wellred.

How simple does it need to be? Neither Ryan not Tomlinson have anything like the money needed to bankroll a Competitive Championship club. So presumably there is someone else involved.

Sad Rover suggested who that was on page 1 of this thread. It hardly takes a genius to have made that guess anyway given that Ryan clearly thinks the world of those people.

And yet, while someone has rushed to the press to blab about Teeth and Hair taking over the club, no-one wants to talk about SC  being involved. Sad Rover himself who has such confidence in his Donny Deep Throat has barely even mentioned the name SC after announcing on p1 that his source told him it was them and it was a done deal. And when pushed on it, he went all coy over his source's trustworthiness.

But anyway, the simple point is that if you REALLY believe that Ryan and Tomlinson are the drivers of this deal, you're either willingly or unwittingly being played for a dupe.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #385 on June 03, 2014, 08:56:48 pm by Wellred »
I 'll have to put my trust in Dick and Terry then.

The same Terry that was prepared to accept the last deal if the money was paid up front?

“I’m prepared to accept the Sequentia deal in the terms I thought we were discussing,” Bramall said.

The construction magnate admitted the main sticking point of the deal for the objectors centred around the manner of payments from the Belize-based hedge fund.

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-bramall-ready-to-accept-sequentia-takeover-bid-1-6237028

Can we put this "Best interests of DRFC" fallacy to bed please gents? If the reanimated corpse of Hitler rocked up with a suitcase full of used notes TB and DW would sell, they're businessmen with limited interest in football.

Who is the only major investor we've ever had that's 100% Rovers? Answers on a postcard please...

Come on Sad you know nobody trusts anything written in the Free Press  :facepalm: :facepalm:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #386 on June 03, 2014, 08:57:35 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Of course it can't really be hidden can it?  The owners supposedly have to be registered with the FL...

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #387 on June 03, 2014, 08:58:39 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Sad Rover himself who has such confidence in his Donny Deep Throat has barely even mentioned the name SC after announcing on p1 that his source told him it was them and it was a done deal. And when pushed on it, he went all coy over his source's trustworthiness.

Coy?

Perhaps I'm more interested in the other parties involved and the Trust that's being set up, boring money men have been done to death.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #388 on June 03, 2014, 08:59:28 pm by Wellred »
Wellred.

How simple does it need to be? Neither Ryan not Tomlinson have anything like the money needed to bankroll a Competitive Championship club. So presumably there is someone else involved.

Sad Rover suggested who that was on page 1 of this thread. It hardly takes a genius to have made that guess anyway given that Ryan clearly thinks the world of those people.

And yet, while someone has rushed to the press to blab about Teeth and Hair taking over the club, no-one wants to talk about SC  being involved. Sad Rover himself who has such confidence in his Donny Deep Throat has barely even mentioned the name SC after announcing on p1 that his source told him it was them and it was a done deal. And when pushed on it, he went all coy over his source's trustworthiness.

But anyway, the simple point is that if you REALLY believe that Ryan and Tomlinson are the drivers of this deal, you're either willingly or unwittingly being played for a dupe.

And where have I said I believe Ryan and Tomlinson are the drivers of this deal?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #389 on June 03, 2014, 09:01:14 pm by Al4475 »
I also remember Terry saying the reason he wanted the money up front was he didn't believe Sequentia would be prepared to part with the money.

Or indeed had the necessary funds. I thought TB/DW had been clear all along that they are happy to keep running the club but would always give prospective investors/takeovers the respect and attention they/it deserved.

Is that not exactly what they are currently doing should there be mileage in this deal? Giving it due thought and attention before deciding whether or not it's a legitimate offer or whether or not it's in the long term interests of the club, then they'll either turn it down or back it?

It sounds to me that they are doing exactly what they said they'd do?

Or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick here?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:04:02 pm by Al4475 »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012