Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 10:43:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A Good Article  (Read 59230 times)

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: A Good Article
« Reply #240 on June 04, 2014, 02:52:22 pm by Sad-Rovers »
  Lets just say I wouldn't be to sure on that mate...I hope they can though he has done a brilliant job for us that's for sure and has a massive amount of respect both at ours and other clubs....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #241 on June 04, 2014, 02:53:31 pm by wing commander »

Big Col raises an important point, Viking Chat is supposedly independent of the VSC (dispute the vast majority of the moderators here being directors of the VSC, Filo excepted)

If the decisions or action/inaction of the VSC can't be discussed here then where?

That's true Sad to be fair to them,i thought some of the stick they took over the sequential deal was pretty bad..As a previous Director I know how much effort they put into it for little thanks,there all passionate Rovers fans and believe me theres not any perks to the job...That said of course people should be able to question them and on the whole they let them..Some have been banned but not for good reason....

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #242 on June 04, 2014, 02:55:37 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Some have been banned but not for good reason....

Something else we can agree on, WingCo!  :lol:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #243 on June 04, 2014, 03:00:05 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Big Col raises an important point, Viking Chat is supposedly independent of the VSC (dispute the vast majority of the moderators here being directors of the VSC, Filo excepted)

If the decisions or action/inaction of the VSC can't be discussed here then where?

There are two moderators, neither of whom are VSC Board members.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #244 on June 04, 2014, 03:00:18 pm by Filo »
Right, I've not contributed much on this TO, I'm neither for or against it, there's not enough, if any info to go on to form an opinion, I've read the various comments on this thread and the other threads concerning this potential TO and some of the insinuations are distinctly anti VSC, you might not say it outright, but they are there. Three or four posters are continually trying to indirectly bait the VSC directors in my opinion, you know who you are! It's time it stopped, the TO will either happen or it won't, there's nothing any of us can do about it bar register our approval or disapproval if it happens, so lets quit the baiting and see what happens eh?

Stop throwing your toys out the pram Filo. Its a discussion

And I'm disscussing, thanks for your contribution, back to your rock now there's a good lad! ;)

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #245 on June 04, 2014, 03:01:24 pm by BigColSutherland »
Ah so you were speaking in your poster role, not your mod role?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #246 on June 04, 2014, 03:01:53 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Thanks Glyn, can you confirm if all the other moderators are VSC directors please?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #247 on June 04, 2014, 03:02:52 pm by wing commander »

haha meant not for good reason........This site isn't free to put on..it costs the vsc money every year to host,on the whole I think they are fair enough with allowing criticism but when it gets personal that goes past the line..Most of those banned are still happily peddling a lot of abuse on the fb site,some of it quite nasty......

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #248 on June 04, 2014, 03:04:58 pm by pib »

I assume Sad used the word moderator meaning either a mod/administrator. His post was accurate but for that unimportant technical oversight, I think.

Greg Blundell

• Forum Member
« Reply #249 on June 04, 2014, 03:10:38 pm by Greg Blundell »
So about this article then?  :lol:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #250 on June 04, 2014, 03:13:41 pm by wing commander »
  Lets just say I wouldn't be to sure on that mate...I hope they can though he has done a brilliant job for us that's for sure and has a massive amount of respect both at ours and other clubs....

hahahah say this weeks king carrot dangler ;-)

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #251 on June 04, 2014, 03:35:41 pm by Tokyos Boot »
Right, I've not contributed much on this TO, I'm neither for or against it, there's not enough, if any info to go on to form an opinion, I've read the various comments on this thread and the other threads concerning this potential TO and some of the insinuations are distinctly anti VSC, you might not say it outright, but they are there. Three or four posters are continually trying to indirectly bait the VSC directors in my opinion, you know who you are! It's time it stopped, the TO will either happen or it won't, there's nothing any of us can do about it bar register our approval or disapproval if it happens, so lets quit the baiting and see what happens eh?

This is a forum provided by the VSC. It is not a VSC political mouthpiece. There should be no issue whatsoever with anti-VSC posts – real or imagined.

And VSC directors should not be granted special privileges whereby they cannot be questioned or ‘baited’. Other posters are certainly not afforded these privileges.

Special privileges as in the right to an opinion on Rovers related matters, a right to vote on the 'entirely democratic' board members nomination, and a right to be condescending, rude and gang-up without the risk of being banned?

This should really be moved to an inaccessible off topic section now shouldn't it?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #252 on June 04, 2014, 03:41:35 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Why aren't there any non-VSC members appointed as admins/mods (whatever terminology you choose to use) on this independant forum? That way any accusations of bias could be immediately countered.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #253 on June 04, 2014, 04:10:32 pm by PDX_Rover »
And yet another thread degenerates into  nothingness....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #254 on June 04, 2014, 04:29:08 pm by Filo »

I speak in my role and I speak for myself, I'm sure I've stated this before, are you having trouble taking in some information?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #255 on June 04, 2014, 04:34:12 pm by BigColSutherland »

I speak in my role and I speak for myself, I'm sure I've stated this before, are you having trouble taking in some information?

Filo - can you not understand that when someone who is known as a forum mod says "Three or four posters are continually trying to indirectly bait the VSC directors in my opinion, you know who you are! It's time it stopped" then this could be interpreted as a warning to posters?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #256 on June 04, 2014, 04:45:38 pm by Filo »

Filo - can you not understand that when someone who is known as a forum mod says "Three or four posters are continually trying to indirectly bait the VSC directors in my opinion, you know who you are! It's time it stopped" then this could be interpreted as a warning to posters?

I'm sure you wish to interpretate it that way Col, I'd expect nothing less from you, only in extreme circumstances have I personally issued a public warning in the past, I have resorted to similar sarcasm as you yourself are very adept at, but on the whole any warning that I personally issue will be by PM to the individual(s) concerned. I'm also sure you'll dissect this post and use it as an opportunity to have a dig at the mods or admins of this forum, that's your usual style.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #257 on June 04, 2014, 04:59:47 pm by Wild Rover »

[/quote]

I'm sure you wish to interpretate [/quote]

Jesus Filo I didn't know you speak Esperanto, or Latin or Italian.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #258 on June 04, 2014, 05:07:33 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Kio dolĉa diable estas tio?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #259 on June 04, 2014, 05:13:43 pm by Wild Rover »
La infero estas

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #260 on June 04, 2014, 05:27:18 pm by RedJ »
So about this article then?  :lol:

Meant to be quite a good one, or so I've heard. :P

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #261 on June 04, 2014, 05:29:15 pm by BigColSutherland »
I'm sure you wish to interpretate it that way Col, I'd expect nothing less from you...

Oh I don't know Filo, I bring much more to the table.

Like free expert employment advice for those asking for help for example.

Of course, no good deed goes unpunished.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #262 on June 04, 2014, 05:33:06 pm by Filo »
I'm sure you wish to interpretate it that way Col, I'd expect nothing less from you...

Noted, and appreciated, as was the extractor fan advice, and I didn't doubt your ability to bring extra's to the table. There's no doubt you're an intelligent chap, sarcastic with it mind :)

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #263 on June 04, 2014, 05:35:28 pm by BigColSutherland »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0</a>

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #264 on June 04, 2014, 05:37:31 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Noted, and appreciated, as was the extractor fan advice, and I didn't doubt your ability to bring extra's to the table. There's no doubt you're an intelligent chap, sarcastic with it mind :)

So perhaps he's an intelligent chap with questions and concerns RE the VSC, shouldn't the VSC (or forum admins) be allaying his fears, rather than publicly chiding him for "baiting"?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #265 on June 04, 2014, 05:43:00 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Checks the date - nope this discussion is happening again from the same people. Are you not bored of it yet?  Go have a beer, see your girlfriend whatever and chill out. We've all got more important things to do.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #266 on June 04, 2014, 05:44:12 pm by Filo »

So perhaps he's an intelligent chap with questions and concerns RE the VSC, shouldn't the VSC (or forum admins) be allaying his fears, rather than publicly chiding him for "baiting"?

If I was privvy to info that could allay any fears he or anyone else had, I would certainly allay them, but it appears that you and Colin know more than most of us, so maybe the pair of you could allay our fears and concerns?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #267 on June 04, 2014, 05:44:50 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Checks the date - nope this discussion is happening again from the same people. Are you not bored of it yet?  Go have a beer, see your girlfriend whatever and chill out. We've all got more important things to do.

My back is still bad BFYP, you'll have to endure it until I'm back at work I'm afraid.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #268 on June 04, 2014, 06:09:08 pm by wilts rover »
I believe a number of ex-posters on this board set up their own forum as they didn't like this one, may I suggest that the posters in this topic who are denegrating the VSC & this forum go away and join that one (and other fora are available too). Never joined it myself as it always seemed full of bitter people looking for an argument - exactly the way this one is going now it would appear. Where's W***y when you need him.....

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #269 on June 04, 2014, 06:11:45 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Thanks Glyn, can you confirm if all the other moderators are VSC directors please?

What other mods? I've said there's only two.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012