Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:38:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A Good Article  (Read 59149 times)

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
Re: A Good Article
« Reply #330 on June 05, 2014, 01:04:54 pm by drfc-steve »
Wingco, are you seriously suggesting that if a dodgy Russian billionaire rocked up offering whatever the KM2 deem is a fair price that they'd hold off with the "not in the clubs interests" routine that they used last time?

I don't doubt that they'll loose millions on the sale but they obviously want to minimise that loss. They're not idiots. 

Honestly, I think they'd examine the offer just the same and if they felt there were question marks over the credibility of it, they'd rebuff it.

Of course they would want to minimise their losses, even John Ryan has limits, personally he'll dig deeper for the Rovers but he doesn't have the same recources as the KM2.

Which brings me back to co-operation. It's such a shame they can't all come to some mutual agreement. If TB and DW were to remain involved but insist on limits to their commitment, what would be wrong with that? They could let John and Louis go make whatever investment the liked.

It would be a dream scenario, but both parties clearly have different visions so it would never happen.

Besides, maybe Terry Bramall and Dick Watson actually DO want out? I think they do.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #332 on June 05, 2014, 01:07:04 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Honestly, I think they'd examine the offer just the same and if they felt there were question marks over the credibility of it, they'd rebuff it. I think they have shown it's not all about the money.

We'll have to agree to differ RD:

“I’m prepared to accept the Sequentia deal in the terms I thought we were discussing,” Bramall said.

The construction magnate admitted the main sticking point of the deal for the objectors centred around the manner of payments from the Belize-based hedge fund.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #333 on June 05, 2014, 01:12:35 pm by River Don »
Honestly, I think they'd examine the offer just the same and if they felt there were question marks over the credibility of it, they'd rebuff it. I think they have shown it's not all about the money.

We'll have to agree to differ RD:

“I’m prepared to accept the Sequentia deal in the terms I thought we were discussing,” Bramall said.

The construction magnate admitted the main sticking point of the deal for the objectors centred around the manner of payments from the Belize-based hedge fund.

The sticking point was the manner of payments.

Look Sad, you accept they are prepared to lose money on their investment in Rovers? So it can't all be a cynical exercise about the money, can it?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #334 on June 05, 2014, 01:15:55 pm by Filo »

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #335 on June 05, 2014, 01:20:43 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Look Sad, you accept they are prepared to lose money on their investment in Rovers? So it can't all be a cynical exercise about the money, can it?

I accept that RD and I thank the KM2 for their investment but the continued assumption that the last deal was scuppered on moral grounds annoys me when there is documentary evidence to the contrary.   

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #336 on June 05, 2014, 01:30:59 pm by River Don »

I accept that RD and I thank the KM2 for their investment but the continued assumption that the last deal was scuppered on moral grounds annoys me when there is documentary evidence to the contrary.   

Okay. I feel that statement is being interpreted wrongly. I dislike the assumption that the KM2 aren't interested in Rovers and are only in It for the money. If we take everything they have said in the press, at supporters meetings, they have always been candid, open and I think truthful. Really you and I only disagree on that pair of statements over the offer from SC. Terry later tried to make it clear the sticking point was he wanted to be paid upfront from SC to satisfy himself that they were serious.

I think anyone associated with the club and it's supporters can ill afford to be hostile to anyone who has shown they have honourable intentions and are prepared to invest in the club.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 01:33:24 pm by River Don »

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #337 on June 05, 2014, 01:41:11 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I think anyone associated with the club and it's supporters can ill afford to be hostile to anyone who has shown they have honourable intentions and are prepared to invest in the club.

God yes, we go decades without investment then within a short space of time 4/5 millionaires turn up! What do they say about busses?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #338 on June 05, 2014, 01:44:42 pm by River Don »

God yes, we go decades without investment then within a short space of time 4/5 millionaires turn up! What do they say about busses?

I think in large part that's thanks to John Ryan.

I think his enthusiasm and dedication to the Rovers has inspired them and drawn them in.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #339 on June 05, 2014, 02:06:08 pm by BigColSutherland »

I think his enthusiasm and dedication to the Rovers has inspired them and drawn them in.

Or the completion of a certain land deal.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #340 on June 05, 2014, 02:08:37 pm by River Don »

Or the completion of a certain land deal.

Christ, it's all a cynical exercise about money again. What land deal?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #341 on June 05, 2014, 02:16:16 pm by BigColSutherland »
Interest picked up after the Club signed the lease agreement for the Keepmoat. Coincidence?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #342 on June 05, 2014, 02:16:42 pm by Filo »
Proof that some posters on here are only here to score points and be disruptive, from the FB group
Wesley Grimes
If this goes through it will make for my finest day on Viking Chat.

Neil Taylor
I can't wait Wesley....

Wesley Grimes
They'll be out on their arse if John Ryan returns. He feels the same way as the majority of Rovers fans do about them.

Neil Taylor
DJ, they're very quiet over there at the moment. Interesting as recently as last month Silent Majority was stating the there was no deal in the pipeline. Shows how much the current board think of the VSCs current leadership, I'd imagine that the new board will think even less.

Never mind, eh?

Wesley Grimes
But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your 'elected positions' and all your 'global moderator status' and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest f**king dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

There really are some bitter folk about!

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #343 on June 05, 2014, 02:19:37 pm by BigColSutherland »

Sorry to say it Filo, but by putting that little lot together, you appear to be one of them.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #344 on June 05, 2014, 02:20:50 pm by RJHeader »
Proof that some posters on here are only here to score points and be disruptive, from the FB group

Wesley Grimes
But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your 'elected positions' and all your 'global moderator status' and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest f***ing dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

That comment is absolutely fantastic. Absolutely piss*d myself at that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #345 on June 05, 2014, 02:21:58 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Wesley Grimes

Neil Taylor
I can't wait Wesley....

Wesley Grimes
They'll be out on their arse if John Ryan returns. He feels the same way as the majority of Rovers fans do about them.

Neil Taylor
DJ, they're very quiet over there at the moment. Interesting as recently as last month Silent Majority was stating the there was no deal in the pipeline. Shows how much the current board think of the VSCs current leadership, I'd imagine that the new board will think even less.

Never mind, eh?

Wesley Grimes
But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your 'elected positions' and all your 'global moderator status' and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest f***ing dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

I hope you obtained permission from those people to replicate their posts here, Filo.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #346 on June 05, 2014, 02:22:18 pm by Tokyos Boot »

Wesley Grimes
[/b][/b]

Comment of the century!!!

:byebye:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:24:57 pm by Tokyos Boot »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #347 on June 05, 2014, 02:23:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Filo

Says it all really. Some folks' egos are so big I'm surprised they can see past them to post on here. Amazing that one of those poster's reaction to the imminent deal is not "Look how fantastic this is for the Rovers." It's "Yes! We've won a personal victory against people we don't like."

There's a name for Kitsons like that where I come from.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #348 on June 05, 2014, 02:24:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sad.

If people put stuff out there in the public domain...

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #349 on June 05, 2014, 02:24:31 pm by River Don »
Bloody hell,

Please tell me this isn't all driven by childish point scoring over the role of the VSC.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #350 on June 05, 2014, 02:26:17 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Sad.

If people put stuff out there in the public domain...

EXACTLY! Unlike a certain moderator of this forum who launched his dummy QUITE some distance last year when this forum was replicated elsewhere...

Double standards? HERE?  :lol:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #351 on June 05, 2014, 02:26:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
RD.

It surely can't be can it? Surely not? Although it does seem to be for one person on that FB group at least. How bizarre!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #352 on June 05, 2014, 02:27:41 pm by Filo »

Sorry to say it Filo, but by putting that little lot together, you appear to be one of them.

Only in Colin's world my friend

It's just evidence that some folk have returned here to be disruptive (within the rules), and not for genuine debate, there's old scores being revisited I think. If any takeover takes place lets hope it's not a hedge fund that sneaks in through the backdoor while everyone is looking to see who's at the front door. If a hedge fund is not involved in any shape or form and the new investors can match or better the present regime then bring it on!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #353 on June 05, 2014, 02:28:46 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Let's hope the individuals can justify their comments eh?  I'd like to know what I 'cheated' at to get on the VSC board.

Anyhow, it's perfectly fine for people to say these things, it goes over my head.  I think it's far more important that we do things that benefit the football club and the charities we work with than care for things such as this, it's a little sad.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #354 on June 05, 2014, 02:30:36 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Let's hope the individuals can justify their comments eh?  I'd like to know what I 'cheated' at to get on the VSC board.

Anyhow, it's perfectly fine for people to say these things, it goes over my head.  I think it's far more important that we do things that benefit the football club and the charities we work with than care for things such as this, it's a little sad.

Explain how co-opting works, Andrew.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #355 on June 05, 2014, 02:30:58 pm by Filo »
Wesley Grimes

Neil Taylor
I can't wait Wesley....

Wesley Grimes

Neil Taylor

Never mind, eh?

Wesley Grimes

I hope you obtained permission from those people to replicate their posts here, Filo.

I thought I was on a dating site and could put things out that are in the public domain, my mistake :)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #356 on June 05, 2014, 02:31:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sad.

But YOU have higher standards. You believe that stuff that is posted in the public domain is fair game.

So, anyway, what's YOUR take Sad? Do you agree with Wesley that the primary thing coming out of this is not the fantastic opportunities it opens up for the Rovers, but the settling of scores with VSC folk?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #357 on June 05, 2014, 02:32:22 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I thought I was on a dating site and could put things out that are in the public domain, my mistake :)

You're obviously confused Filo, I suggest a nice cup of tea and sitting in a darkened room.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #358 on June 05, 2014, 02:33:21 pm by Tokyos Boot »
Thats paraphrasing a bit isn't it BST?

It might just be a tasty perk to look forward to.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #359 on June 05, 2014, 02:35:20 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Sad.

But YOU have higher standards. You believe that stuff that is posted in the public domain is fair game.

So, anyway, what's YOUR take Sad? Do you agree with Wesley that the primary thing coming out of this is not the fantastic opportunities it opens up for the Rovers, but the settling of scores with VSC folk?

I'm very excited for the imminent return of JR and further investment in the playing squad BST but I'm only human so I do derive a small amount of schadenfreude from it.

Human nature, eh?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012