Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 10:39:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A Good Article  (Read 59226 times)

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: A Good Article
« Reply #150 on June 03, 2014, 12:54:45 pm by Sad-Rovers »
So TB / DW are ok to drag out a deal (one they initially agreed to) for more money in their pockets but JR is slated for "damaging the club"?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on June 03, 2014, 12:57:39 pm by Alickismyhero »
Sad,

I don't know if you are trying to be provocative or just digging a hole for yourself?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on June 03, 2014, 01:13:09 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Sad,

I don't know if you are trying to be provocative or just digging a hole for yourself?

Perhaps I'm expressing an opinion?

I'm sure JR is quoted somewhere saying that he, DW and TB had all agreed to the deal early on last year but Terry and Dick added further stipulations to the deal?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on June 03, 2014, 01:22:54 pm by Wild Rover »
Well, they're obviously not in DRFC to make a profit!

Maybe they (and the other shareholders) sold to Keepmoat when they received an offer that allowed them to go off and do the other things they wanted to do in life...like set up a charitable trust, invest in some worthwhile community projects etc

I am sure offers 1 & 2 did that.

They're business men, they were selling a business and they wanted to get full value for it. I don't see what the problem with that is.

There is no problem Don. Just pointing out that if price is right business can be done.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on June 03, 2014, 01:36:17 pm by wing commander »
   Oh come on Sad your not that blinkered surely....Deals are done in principal all the time...When it comes down to the legalities,further background checks,proof of funds,past director history etc etc,then that's when stipulations go in or the deal falls through..Happens everyday in any business..It's happened to me a time or two....

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on June 03, 2014, 01:38:22 pm by River Don »
Well, they're obviously not in DRFC to make a profit!

Maybe they (and the other shareholders) sold to Keepmoat when they received an offer that allowed them to go off and do the other things they wanted to do in life...like set up a charitable trust, invest in some worthwhile community projects etc

I am sure offers 1 & 2 did that.

They're business men, they were selling a business and they wanted to get full value for it. I don't see what the problem with that is.

There is no problem Don. Just pointing out that if price is right business can be done.

That's what Keepmoat was. A business deal.

TB has said he doesn't think football is a proper business. He says there is more business nonsense spoken than business sense.

I suggest their approach to the football club is different. I know you don't believe them when they say they are investing in Rovers for the good of the town and want to give something back to the community but I do.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on June 03, 2014, 01:42:17 pm by Alickismyhero »
   Oh come on Sad your not that blinkered surely....Deals are done in principal all the time...When it comes down to the legalities,further background checks,proof of funds,past director history etc etc,then that's when stipulations go in or the deal falls through..Happens everyday in any business..It's happened to me a time or two....

And so do I RD.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on June 03, 2014, 01:58:31 pm by Mr1Croft »
So TB / DW are ok to drag out a deal (one they initially agreed to) for more money in their pockets but JR is slated for "damaging the club"?

Even if they are dragging it out for more money as you claim (although no evidence to base that upon as the further stipulations could be anything), the difference for many here is that for whatever reason they dragged it out, they did so whilst trying to keep it behind closed doors so the day-to-day running of the club wasn't affected. Had John Ryan done the same and not been in the media every week I don't think people would be suggesting he was damaging the club.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on June 03, 2014, 01:59:11 pm by bobjimwilly »
Agree Lee.

A quick question for all those who seem to think TB and DW are in it for the money and don't care about the long-term future of DRFC - did you attend the last meet the owners night?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on June 03, 2014, 02:42:38 pm by wing commander »
  If I was them I wouldn't be agreeing to anything swiftly without getting proper checks done and putting stipulations in that they weren't agreeing to the same deal they rejected before but in a different disguise...And your right Lee,i don't think people understand how much damage was done last time in lost preparation time..In my opinion JR was as much to blame for this seasons relegation as anybody with the media disruption....All of which was managed to create the greatest effect...

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on June 03, 2014, 02:50:43 pm by pib »
Agree Lee.

A quick question for all those who seem to think TB and DW are in it for the money and don't care about the long-term future of DRFC - did you attend the last meet the owners night?

Let me guess, they didn't say "we're in it for the money and don't care about the long-term future of DRFC"?

Strange that they didn't. Seems a wise thing to say in front of a room full of Rovers fans...

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on June 03, 2014, 02:58:13 pm by wing commander »
Do any of you actually believe that if/when the sale goes through which im starting to hope doesn't happen..That either of them will walk away with more than they put in???

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on June 03, 2014, 03:07:50 pm by River Don »
I think, based on what can be gleaned from the little has been revealed so far there is a good chance this will go through WC.

Taking it at face value LT and JR should make a good team. They will be able to promote the club like it never has been before, that's for sure.

I don't think there is any prospect of TB and DW getting their money back, let alone make a killing.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 03:10:37 pm by River Don »

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on June 03, 2014, 03:09:12 pm by Wild Rover »
Not for a second do I think they will make . But I am certain that they will do all they can to prevent major losses. I would.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on June 03, 2014, 03:24:55 pm by wing commander »
Well who can fault them for that?? As for LT and JR...I think a lot of people would be shocked and amazed at just how little JR did with the day to day running of the club during the the last twelve months of his chairmanship....Things were pretty much left to Gavin to orchestrate and for good reason too....Like I said I could accept it if it was JR and LT although I'm not sure Gavin would stay....However its unlikely to be be just those two...Im worried its the Irish behind it again trying to slip in the back door...And I wouldn't want those people within 10 miles of the place....

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on June 03, 2014, 03:33:33 pm by Wild Rover »
"The Irish"......It was one "Irishman" fronting . Money could have been from anyone, anywhere in the world ( though I suspect USA ).

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on June 03, 2014, 03:34:52 pm by River Don »
If they have any sense they will keep Baldwin on.

Will JR be addressing the VSC AGM this year?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on June 03, 2014, 03:37:48 pm by bobjimwilly »

He previously has in his position as chairman, but as there is currently no chairman, it might just be Gavin this year. If he is Chairman once again when the AGM comes around however, I'm sure he'll be invited.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on June 03, 2014, 03:41:39 pm by River Don »

He previously has in his position as chairman, but as there is currently no chairman, it might just be Gavin this year. If he is Chairman once again when the AGM comes around however, I'm sure he'll be invited.

I hope if all this does come to fruition, he accepts. There are a few bridges that need rebuilding. If he leaves it to LT, keep it under your hat, we wouldn't want the place crammed with screaming teenagers.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on June 03, 2014, 03:47:46 pm by wing commander »
After his "I wont miss those Vikings" comment I wouldn't expext great things there..And I don't think it would be JR's decision if Gavin stays or not..I suspect he would make that descision for himself...

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on June 03, 2014, 03:55:51 pm by Wellred »
I am still waiting for someone to tell me whether the millions put into the club by TW and DW was a gift or loans.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on June 03, 2014, 04:00:39 pm by Jenny »
It was a mixture of loans and equity, but Patienceform is a private company and therefore if they chose to sell their shares, they would only get what anyone is willing to pay for both the shares and the loans. I would bet my last £ that they wouldn't expect to receive everything back what they have put in. If that was the case, whoever was to buy the club would need £20m simply to pay off the existing shareholders and those with loans.

The company is technically insolvent, even if they were to call their loans in they would end up getting very little through a liquidation process.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on June 03, 2014, 04:14:17 pm by Sad-Rovers »
The company is technically insolvent

Isn't that the case with most football clubs, their debts usually massively outweigh any tangible assets (stadium, training ground) they have?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on June 03, 2014, 04:14:44 pm by River Don »
Ta Jenny but that doesn't fit the narrative.

TB & DW are supposed to be in it only for the money
They are supposed to only have lent the club money
They are supposed to have rejected SC because they weren't offered enough money
They are supposed to have forced JR out because he spent their money
And now they are supposed to be making a killing by taking advantage of a naive, young popstar.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on June 03, 2014, 04:21:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Ta Jenny but that doesn't fit the narrative.

TB & DW are supposed to be in it only for the money
They are supposed to only have lent the club money
They are supposed to have rejected SC because they weren't offered enough money
They are supposed to have forced JR out because he spent their money
And now they are supposed to be making a killing by taking advantage of a naive, young popstar.

It rather suggests that that narrative is more suited to Jackanory, yes.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on June 03, 2014, 04:36:44 pm by Jenny »
The company is technically insolvent

Isn't that the case with most football clubs, their debts usually massively outweigh any tangible assets (stadium, training ground) they have?

Indeed it is.

So it makes very little difference in the scheme of things whether the money was put in by way of share capital (gifted as some may call it) or by loans because by either way, it is massively unlikely that they would ever get the money back.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on June 03, 2014, 05:39:38 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
And to add further to that, those who say they're after the money, well with the sums talked about if they sell the club compared to;

1. What they've put in.
2. What they already have as individuals.

Well it just doesn't stack up that argument really.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on June 03, 2014, 06:32:10 pm by BigColSutherland »
After his "I wont miss those Vikings" comment I wouldn't expext great things ..
Depends who the VSC directors are doesn't it.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on June 03, 2014, 07:18:01 pm by bobjimwilly »
i would be very disappointed if JR said "I'm not speaking to the VSC unless so and so is/isn't a director".
The trust is independent of the club, has always been and and should always remain so, regardless of if any club directors do/don't "get on with" individual vsc directors.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #179 on June 03, 2014, 07:24:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sad,

Perhaps I'm expressing an opinion?

I'm sure JR is quoted somewhere saying that he, DW and TB had all agreed to the deal early on last year but Terry and Dick added further stipulations to the deal?

Now, if Ryan had been scrupulously honest in everything he said last year, that comment might carry some weight.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012